Hafley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Hafley

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm

Hearing Hafley to Washington is almost a done deal.

Not so sure after the performance the last two games but it’s on the table.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Re: Hafley

Postby Logitano on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:32 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Hearing Hafley to Washington is almost a done deal.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Boston College: The Eagles lost four straight games after Jurkovec sustained what was initially thought to be a season-ending wrist injury. Even after he returned, though, BC went 2-2. It did not beat anyone with a winning record all season.

Hey… I like the guy. But, if he wants to leave BC for a place he’s never been after failing to surpass Daziani results… god bless and good luck. Awesome example of using the media to inflate value (ala Marty).

It certainly sets the program back as streaming head coaches every two years is less than ideal. But, we certainly have a chance to hire a damn good coach with the cash we’re getting from UDub to buyout the balance of the contract.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:02 pm

UW is a bizarre fit. I can’t imagine their alum base would be excited about a guy with no connections to the region or UW who just went 12-11 at BC.

Bill O’Brian would be awesome at BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:24 pm

I've been unable to decide if i think BC is well-coached or not y Hafley. Therefore, i cant decide if i care if Hafley goes. That said, BC is in its longest stretch of being irrelevant since the 70s. We need someone who can win a game against a ranked opponent soon.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:UW is a bizarre fit. I can’t imagine their alum base would be excited about a guy with no connections to the region or UW who just went 12-11 at BC.

UW would be a perfect fit. It is literally the farthest Division I school from Clemson.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:43 pm

I honestly don't even care. The team doesn't look any different on the field as they did under Daz. The only difference is that our coach isn't acting like a gd buffoon on the sidelines and being a douche with the media. In that sense, he's been a small upgrade. But for me, I'd just like to enjoy watching BC football games again. And for the past two years, I really haven't; they still look like shit. If he goes, he goes.

For UW, it would be strange risk to take a chance on him and I guess you're really just basing a hire on his theoretical recruiting (stars!!) without ever really seeing his recruits take the field for BC.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:UW is a bizarre fit. I can’t imagine their alum base would be excited about a guy with no connections to the region or UW who just went 12-11 at BC.

Agreed on all fronts. Don’t think UDub fans will be happy. Would take BOB in a heartbeat as a replacement.

As for Hafley leaving… it will happen quickly. Like tomorrow or Tuesday. That said, as a disciple of Schiano, I can see him using this offer as leverage for a re-up from BC. Recruiting is happening right now. So, it is either a terrible time for him to leave or a great time for an announcement of an extension.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Agreed on all fronts. Don’t think UDub fans will be happy. Would take BOB in a heartbeat as a replacement.

As for Hafley leaving… it will happen quickly. Like tomorrow or Tuesday. That said, as a disciple of Schiano, I can see him using this offer as leverage for a re-up from BC. Recruiting is happening right now. So, it is either a terrible time for him to leave or a great time for an announcement of an extension.

If he has an offer from Washington, and he wants to take it, let him go. Say good luck and best wishes and what-not. Don't get into a bidding war, he isn't worth it.

Get him off the payroll then throw $5 million a year at Luke Fickell. And don't look back.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:00 pm

24-hours ago, the offer was being made to DeBoer (which makes sense). Wonder if they were turned down and now going to the B-list.
https://larrybrownsports.com/college-fo ... ach/587780
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:04 pm

If you're honest with yourself, and not an excuse machine, this was one of the worst BC teams of the last 20 years. If he's staying, I'll support him in the substantial work he has to do to improve things. But if he is gone, I am not unhappy. BC can make a good hire.

As an athletic program, we have to get to a place where the two best professionals are not the Head of Media Comms and the Womens Lacross coach,
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:07 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:If you're honest with yourself, and not an excuse machine, this was one of the worst BC teams of the last 20 years. If he's staying, I'll support him in the substantial work he has to do to improve things. But if he is gone, I am not unhappy. BC can make a good hire.

As an athletic program, we have to get to a place where the two best professionals are not the Head of Media Comms and the Womens Lacross coach,

Correct.

If he goes, don't let the door hit you on the way out Jeff. And go get Luke Fickell. Throw $5 million a year at the man. Throw $6 million a year at that man. Throw $10 million a year at the man. Any amount.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:09 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:If you're honest with yourself, and not an excuse machine, this was one of the worst BC teams of the last 20 years. If he's staying, I'll support him in the substantial work he has to do to improve things. But if he is gone, I am not unhappy. BC can make a good hire.

But all this chatter is probably meant to try to bind our AD, that did not hire Haf, to Hafley. Hafley wants to feel loved and secure.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:13 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:

But all this chatter is probably meant to try to bind our AD, that did not hire Haf, to Hafley. Hafley wants to feel loved and secure.

Maybe.

If I am the AD, I don't give him shit. Let him play out his existing contact. If that makes him feel unloved, fuck him. You don't get renewed when you lose by more than 30 points to fucking Wake Forest.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Classic HJS.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:35 pm

How on earth is this even a real possibility? If this news came from anyone other than Murt, I would accuse whoever posted it of getting their news from Fifth floor O'Neill because U-Dub sounds like a rumor that came through the glory hole between penises.

Is PDF the new lamination?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Did the UW campus dogcatcher retire?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:46 pm

Kraft did not hire Hafley... :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:02 pm

You think MeatBaum is one of the best professionals in the department? They can't even produce an article without a half-dozen typos.

Grosel doesn't take his eye off the ball vs. Clemson, and this year is a moderate success. BUT, that didn't happen, and this team, and coaching staff, underachieved. Necessary steps, IMO:

1. Cignetti goes. Too predictable, and no ability to adjust to his talent.
2. Applebaum goes. Too much experienced talent for that line to suck so bad.
3. Hafley needs to stop talking about (and being) a defensive guy who spends a little time checking in with the offense. A successful head coach has to delegate, yet be involved in all facets.
4. Let unproductive 5th years move on after graduating. Would have been nice to see what a backup QB besides Grosel could do with some reps.
5. Keep up the recruiting.

As for Thurin, the special teams have been a mixed bag. He's still young and learning. I'm guessing that means he comes cheap and there's only so much money in the budget for assistants.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:10 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
You think MeatBaum

2. Applebaum goes.

Meatbaum and Applebaum need to stay together in some fashion. :dildodog
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:23 pm

You think MeatBaum is one of the best professionals in the department? They can't even produce an article without a half-dozen typos.

Grosel doesn't take his eye off the ball vs. Clemson, and this year is a moderate success. BUT, that didn't happen, and this team, and coaching staff, underachieved. Necessary steps, IMO:

3. Hafley needs to stop talking about (and being) a defensive guy who spends a little time checking in with the offense. A successful head coach has to delegate, yet be involved in all facets.
4. Let unproductive 5th years move on after graduating. Would have been nice to see what a backup QB besides Grosel could do with some reps.

As for Thurin, the special teams have been a mixed bag. He's still young and learning. I'm guessing that means he comes cheap and there's only so much money in the budget for assistants.

The first two are key. cignetti has nothing relevant to the current era of offensive football.

Oh, and wasn’t the goal to be regularly in the top 25? If Hafley leaves after 2 years, so be it. Have fun in the fucking rain.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:24 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
You think MeatBaum

2. Applebaum goes.

Meatbaum and Applebaum need to stay together in some fashion. :dildodog

I laughed.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Primetime on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:37 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

The first two are key. cignetti has nothing relevant to the current era of offensive football.

Oh, and wasn’t the goal to be regularly in the top 25? If Hafley leaves after 2 years, so be it. Have fun in the fucking rain.

Jurk came here for Cignetti, not Hafley (Pittsburgh guys). So if you don’t mind Jurk leaving, by all means, fire Cignetti.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:41 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Jurk came here for Cignetti, not Hafley (Pittsburgh guys). So if you don’t mind Jurk leaving, by all means, fire Cignetti.

I don’t think Cignetti was the issue. No plays in the world were going to work with some of the QB play we had (including today).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:56 pm

Well, this explains why he hasn’t been mentioning God during the press conferences. He’s been practicing for taking a job at a secular school.
Last edited by hansen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:59 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I don’t think Cignetti was the issue. No plays in the world were going to work with some of the QB play we had (including today).

We all know the Pittsburgh connection. If Jurk is gone, cignetti should go. Of course if folks are right and Hafley is gone, then none of it matters.

Oh and Cignetti has been terrible all year.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:24 am

Hello Gentlemen. It’s been too long my friends. My sources at the Yawkey Center are saying the Hafley Era is over, and that Lukabu will coach the bowl game and be Fr Leahy’s preferred candidate long term.

The Hafley Era turned out to be a strange, over before it got going experience. As some of you have said, I like the guy, but leaving Town after 2 seasons and a .500 record is shabby at best. He never even coached a bowl game for BC.

Ok I’ve told you what I know. Been a long day. I’m going to sleep now.

“Matthew has 5!”
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:54 am

By all accounts Hafley’s recruiting was marked improvement, so there’s that. Beyond that, on field performance didn’t warrant any great rush to lock Harley up. I think his lack of experience really showed in relying heavily on guys on his staff that did him no favors, like Cignetti. Too bad that timing of all these rumors fall right during early recruiting period, but there are more than enough potential replacements to make things interesting. O’Brien, Fickell if he wants to move into Power 5 position, hell, even Dan Mullin returning to New England. Fact of the matter at this point is that based on on field results, it’s been nothing ventured, outing gained.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:50 am

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Hello Gentlemen. It’s been too long my friends. My sources at the Yawkey Center are saying the Hafley Era is over, and that Lukabu will coach the bowl game and be Fr Leahy’s preferred candidate long term.

The Hafley Era turned out to be a strange, over before it got going experience. As some of you have said, I like the guy, but leaving Town after 2 seasons and a .500 record is shabby at best. He never even coached a bowl game for BC.

Ok I’ve told you what I know. Been a long day. I’m going to sleep now.

“Matthew has 5!”

Lukabu would be Leahy's preferred candidate because he is cheap and is a woke pick. It's BOB or Mullen would come to BC hiring Lukabu would be akin to malpractice.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:03 am

BOB or Moorhead would be quality replacements.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium