Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Wake Forest - 11/27/2021

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Wake Forest - 11/27/2021

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:21 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Not sure if true, but I see BC has 9 first downs, and I think they had 9 at halftime, so BC didn't get a single first down in the second half? These guys belong in the Special Olympics more than the ACC.

We didn’t have enough combine yards in the entire second half to warrant a first down.

Holy fuck. We had 3 yards of offense in the second half. :bag

Link?

I just looked at the drive summaries in the second half.

17, 2, -6, 0,-10 according to ESPN.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:37 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I’d be very supportive of Hafley finding a NFL coordinator or position coach job in the next few weeks. He is in way over his head as a coach of a P5 program.

This. Nice guy, but the players and his staff walk all over him.

He’s a great recruiter so should get some credit there.

He’s not good at pretty much the rest of the job.

It will not be our problem much longer.

Are you saying someone is going to poach a 12-11 coach? Or are you intimating that he’s going to be fired for being one game over .500?

Leahy will never sign off on that buyout. Hafley is supposedly in the mix for a couple of openings. The gossip last week was that he was as good as gone. He must have a great agent.

Who wants a 12-11 coach? Hard to see any baby rapists happy with that hire.

Well… he certainly coached the last two weeks like he was leaving.

Only opening that he’s been linked is USC. He’d leave for that. Trojans would revolt. I could see him leaving to be DC on HCRD’s Chicago Bears staff. But, that wouldn’t be a foregone conclusion.

That said… Leahy loved getting paid for Jarmond. He’ll relish cashing another check for someone to leave. BOB would do great here. Moorhead would be an option. Mullen would be considered. So long as it ain’t HCTL, we’ll be fine.

A search would be interesting under the current regime at BC. Kraft fancies himself a football guy so it would be intriguing to see who he went after. I was unimpressed the basketball hire. I would hope the efforts for football would be greater.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:38 pm

There are a lot of problems with this team but the effects of injures and the flu were huge today.
Also, the team pretty much quit after the penalty on Phil. If that was the correct call, the rule needs to change.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:40 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:55 pm

It was nice that he had the chance to say his goodbyes.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:56 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}: There has got to be something seriously wrong with Jurk right now, its the only logical explanation for him being this bad right now.

Why? Because Mike Farrell rated him high based on hip fluidity? Or is it because the FreeJurkWatch Twitter handle claims that ND would be undefeated for the past two seasons but Tommy Rees.

No. Last year he was much better. Had a really strong arm and could make all the throws. When he came back four weeks ago, he could not throw it as far, but he was exponentially better the first two weeks he came back then he has been the last two weeks. Perhaps getting beaten up behind a terrible OL is not good for physical recovery.

I'm with Dick on this one. After Jurk got pounded early last week, he started short-hopping balls and under throwing on deep passes, a la Grosel. He wasn't doing that before.

BC lost to a better team today, and 30+ players had the flu, but if Hafley stays, there's a lot to be fixed, starting with making coaching changes at OC and OL.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:42 pm

I won my bet. Hip hip, hooray
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It was nice that he had the chance to say his goodbyes.

Yeah midway through, Hafley wasn't even aware that there was another presser tomorrow, acted like he didn't even care. There was a lot of foreshadowing at the end of this presser, addressing the media, saying his goodbye.

I don't know if that is it, but it might be.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:01 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:It was nice that he had the chance to say his goodbyes.

Yeah midway through, Hafley wasn't even aware that there was another presser tomorrow, acted like he didn't even care. There was a lot of foreshadowing at the end of this presser, addressing the media, saying his goodbye.

I don't know if that is it, but it might be.

Well the regular season ending would also explain all of that.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:40 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium