Official Gameday Thread - VTech at BC - 11/5/2021

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - VTech at BC - 11/5/2021

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:12 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Also, Jurk, even at 60%, would have probably had us at 7-2 or 8-1.

I’d argue that the Jurk we saw tonight… who spent most of his time throwing Grosel-like pop-flies would have this team undefeated in an unimpressive, Wake-like fashion. The fear that there is a chance he could grip the ball long enough to hit one of the many wide open receivers 1/3 of the time, is enough to remove folks from the box. But, the threat to run is what truly separates him and what turns those 4 inexcusable losses to Ws.

Jurkovec’s throws will get crisper week by week as the pain recedes and he shakes off the rust. But if Wake remains undefeated when we play them Thanksgiving weekend, the ACC crew will desperately protect them. Phantom pass interference, poor spots, quick whistles and slanted enforcement on holding are all in play. We’ll need Jurkovec at his best to win a shootout against a high-powered ref-assisted Wake team trying to squeak into the CFP on behalf of the conference.

Wake will be Jurk and Zay's last game. We will win and knock Wake out of any playoff talk.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:30 am

when wake loses at Carolina today, our game on thanksgiving Saturday will be as meaningless as usual. The aluminum draped fans will be out in full force
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:04 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Watching Dennis Grosel go 10/23 for 116 yards with the words “For Welles” on his back will be deeply hurtful to everybody that knew Welles Crowther

Jurk had 112 yards.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:23 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Also, Jurk, even at 60%, would have probably had us at 7-2 or 8-1.

I’d argue that the Jurk we saw tonight… who spent most of his time throwing Grosel-like pop-flies would have this team undefeated in an unimpressive, Wake-like fashion. The fear that there is a chance he could grip the ball long enough to hit one of the many wide open receivers 1/3 of the time, is enough to remove folks from the box. But, the threat to run is what truly separates him and what turns those 4 inexcusable losses to Ws.

Jurkovec’s throws will get crisper week by week as the pain recedes and he shakes off the rust. But if Wake remains undefeated when we play them Thanksgiving weekend, the ACC crew will desperately protect them. Phantom pass interference, poor spots, quick whistles and slanted enforcement on holding are all in play. We’ll need Jurkovec at his best to win a shootout against a high-powered ref-assisted Wake team trying to squeak into the CFP on behalf of the conference.

Wake will be Jurk and Zay's last game. We will win and knock Wake out of any playoff talk.

Phil Shinskie
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:59 am

Jurk was fine. Grosel starts we lose 3 to 0. Quit your bitching.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:01 am

I'm just glad the team won. Student section was into it.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:15 am

while not the gospel, you won't find zay on any top 100 draft rankings. doesn't really make sense to leave to be at best a 4th round pick
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:24 pm

I think Misfit Lion was being ironic.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:52 pm

Was he?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:when wake loses at Carolina today, our game on thanksgiving Saturday will be as meaningless as usual. The aluminum draped fans will be out in full force

time stamp.

Anyone that didn’t hit the over of that game hard hates free money
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:when wake loses at Carolina today, our game on thanksgiving Saturday will be as meaningless as usual. The aluminum draped fans will be out in full force

time stamp.

Anyone that didn’t hit the over of that game hard hates free money

Does this mean Zay Glass won’t have their last game over T-Day weekend? I mean if the NFL was willing to overlook terrible seasons by both based upon beating an 8th place undefeated Wake team… shouldn’t they equally overlook down years based upon beating a multi-loss Deacon squad? Either way, neither iteration would be a part of the playoff conversation.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:52 pm

What the ship of fools who post here is too foolish to realize is that Hafley will be an NFL head coach before the draft - he'll be drafting his guys.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:13 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Was he?

I don’t think so
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:23 pm

Redskins had a scout at the game to see Phil
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:53 pm

I think Phil and Zay are both gone. I think Phil rushed his return to “show toughness” and didn’t want his last film to be a broken hand versus UMASS. Remember he was supposed to be out through Wake. If he can get a few more wins and a bowl win with a decent performance he’s gone. He absolutely cannot come back another year and get hurt.

Zay realizes he needs Phil. Nobody else can consistently get him the ball. I would suggest mining the portal for a QB to come in and challenge what we have in the pipeline since it struggled to beat out Grosel but I don’t know if that’s enough to keep Zay.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:59 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:08 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

681 days since you know who mentioned You Know Who

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:25 pm

Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:Radial. I guess I never saw if they announced which bone he broke. But I had pain on both sides through the range of movement.

FWIW, in the post game interview he said it was his wrist
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:24 pm

I’ll say it… if Jurk leaves, it was a terrible move to bring him in and push Anthony Brown to Oregon. Kid has played in like 5 games at 100% and hasn’t brought us to a winning season. I don’t care what he does in the pros. But, if he’s gone in November, all he’ll be remembered for is poster-inspired Free Jurk/Jurk Watch internet memes.

The real tragedy will be that we’ll have to wait a good 4-5 years before recruiting another QB. Realistically, who would want to come here and have to deal with long shadow cast by such a formidable icon?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:17 am

i know everyone has an agenda but

i'm rooting for anthony, he was an awesome rep of bc and never shit talked the program but did you watch the oregon game? that performance was positively groselian
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:25 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i know everyone has an agenda but

i'm rooting for anthony, he was an awesome rep of bc and never shit talked the program but did you watch the oregon game? that performance was positively groselian

remember that moj also touts the awesomeness of cesspool because he played in the cfl for so long, ignoring that he had a negative td to int ratio of almost 1:2 while p0wning that league.

but maybe glass phil will wind up there and we'll find out there is something in the duck water that keeps easily breakable qbs from breaking. with ab it may just be coincidence, but if phil could get not broken there as well... there might just be something in the wate
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:06 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Image

Didn't Muse play?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:36 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I’ll say it… if Jurk leaves, it was a terrible move to bring him in and push Anthony Brown to Oregon. Kid has played in like 5 games at 100% and hasn’t brought us to a winning season. I don’t care what he does in the pros. But, if he’s gone in November, all he’ll be remembered for is poster-inspired Free Jurk/Jurk Watch internet memes.

The real tragedy will be that we’ll have to wait a good 4-5 years before recruiting another QB. Realistically, who would want to come here and have to deal with long shadow cast by such a formidable icon?

How can you be on Jurk for being glass yet not address AB's propensity to get hurt?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:50 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I’ll say it… if Jurk leaves, it was a terrible move to bring him in and push Anthony Brown to Oregon. Kid has played in like 5 games at 100% and hasn’t brought us to a winning season. I don’t care what he does in the pros. But, if he’s gone in November, all he’ll be remembered for is poster-inspired Free Jurk/Jurk Watch internet memes.

How can you be on Jurk for being glass yet not address AB's propensity to get hurt?

Due to the extreme fragility of our starting QB over the past few years, it has been a Godsend to have a backup who is seemingly unbreakable (no matter how many hits he is forced to take). Morehead lasted 3 possessions until he got concussed, and he's a pretty big guy.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:28 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

What is ABs career record as a starter? It is self-explanatory.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:15 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

What is ABs career record as a starter? It is self-explanatory.

AB has never been central to BC nor Oregon winning. He's been reasonably productive of course, but numerous quarterbacks could have gotten BC and Oregon to perform as they did with AB. Some would be better game managers; others would be better runners or throwers. But however they did it, they'd match AB at both places.

To me Jurkovec is rare in that he threatens every square inch of the field. It's really QBs like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields who have done this in college. Certainly not AB, which is no shame as in FBS not many QBs really can do that. Last year Jurkovec wasn't as accurate and probably didn't hit receivers in as good position as he could. Both factors have improved this year so far as I can tell, though I'm admittedly extrapolating from the Colgate game & his limited capacity vs. VT.

Many QBs, including AB, probably could have had BC at 6-3 or 7-2 right now (losses to at least NC State and Louisville). Jurkovec I think would have had them at 8-1 or 9-0, as I don't think any of the games would have gotten out of control. To me a healthy Jurkovec is that good at stretching the field and warping the defense's geometry. Each week he should get closer to that level as the pain in the wrist recedes bit by bit.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:27 pm

You just argued why you would draft Jurk over AB. Congrats. Agreed.

The bottom line is we aren’t 7-2 with Glass Phil on the roster while AB is piloting Oregon into the playoffs. Sure… it’s with the benefit of hindsight. But, that’s precisely the comment… we’d be better off with a health AB than an injured Jurk.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:06 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
681 days since you know who mentioned You Know Who

Add another day to the counter.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:46 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Hearing some great news!

Is it the rumor about Phil… Is there truth to it?

I just noticed this now. :lol:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium