No one could be worse than Addazio

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

No one could be worse than Addazio

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:49 pm

This team sucks ass
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Re: No one could be worse than Addazio

Postby billyshelby on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:32 pm

I think Hafley is learning hard lessons on the fly about how to manage terrible QB situations and shore up weak spots through the transfer portal. Other questions can be raised about how he handles the loyalty to players vs players understanding that performance and winning will always trump loyalty. The defense can look great at times, and I think it will get better. Hopefully he's also learning about how to manage an offense even when that's not his forte. The recruiting has been relatively solid so I have hope for him.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:33 pm

I hope its not the case with Haf. The Dazzler was a decent coach when things went as planned - i.e. the pushover Howards and Webers of the world (or was Weber Spaz?). When things went sideways, he was awful. I dont think Haf is that level of meatheaf but boy, he better figure out a way to get an ACC win this season.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:50 pm

Jesus Christ this is fucking stupid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Jesus Christ this is fucking stupid.

If Daz wins today then they are both have career 0.500 records against FBS.

Not saying I agree with the argument just that it’s not outrageous to at least argue it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:37 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Not saying I agree with the argument just that it’s not outrageous to at least argue it.

You supporting it makes it even more stupid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:57 pm

Someone look up the 1st half - 2nd half splits with Hafley as coach. They have to be historically bad.

What is this man saying at Haf-time?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Someone look up the 1st half - 2nd half splits with Hafley as coach. They have to be historically bad.

What is this man saying at Haf-time?

It's cool. Grosel will fix it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:58 pm

Harley probably got vaccinated…
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:57 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Feels like a Thursday night fifteen years ago.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:50 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

You've been really stupid more recently than that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:51 am

I think that Hafley should learn that ignoring cracks in the foundation is not something you can do. We all knew from last year that the OLine coach was a fucking mess. But, Hafley didn’t want to make the hard decision and move on from his guy. We all knew that Jurk was talented but easily injured. We knew that Grosel could do little more than finish a game Jurk started by handoffs and throwing 5-yard patterns (but wasn’t the guy to start). But, Hafley didn’t want to adjust his plan of Jurk-to-Morehead. Basically, he rolled the dice that Applebaum wouldn’t suck and Glass Phil would start every game. It has collapsed in spectacular fashion. Shit is what it is and it ain’t changing. We are losing out. He has no one to blame but himself. You will see the non-awful assistants move on and we will likely lose a couple of top recruits.

I’ll give him massive props on the D. There is no talent talent there beyond the secondary and they have turned that into a strength. Going into the season (from a personnel perspective), we all thought the O would have to put up basketball scores to cover for the sieve of a D. Instead, the D has to keep the game in the baseball score range.

At this point, Hafley should just waive the white flag and build for the future. Grosel needs to do nothing more this year than hold a clipboard. It should be Morehead and Menard/Rueve from here on out. We are losing every game anyway. At least you are giving kids who will be in the program past November so experience that could payoff down the road.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

You've been really stupid more recently than that.

:bored

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:03 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I think that Hafley should learn that ignoring cracks in the foundation is not something you can do. We all knew from last year that the OLine coach was a fucking mess. But, Hafley didn’t want to make the hard decision and move on from his guy. We all knew that Jurk was talented but easily injured. We knew that Grosel could do little more than finish a game Jurk started by handoffs and throwing 5-yard patterns (but wasn’t the guy to start). But, Hafley didn’t want to adjust his plan of Jurk-to-Morehead. Basically, he rolled the dice that Applebaum wouldn’t suck and Glass Phil would start every game. It has collapsed in spectacular fashion. Shit is what it is and it ain’t changing. We are losing out. He has no one to blame but himself. You will see the non-awful assistants move on and we will likely lose a couple of top recruits.

I’ll give him massive props on the D. There is no talent talent there beyond the secondary and they have turned that into a strength. Going into the season (from a personnel perspective), we all thought the O would have to put up basketball scores to cover for the sieve of a D. Instead, the D has to keep the game in the baseball score range.

At this point, Hafley should just waive the white flag and build for the future. Grosel needs to do nothing more this year than hold a clipboard. It should be Morehead and Menard/Rueve from here on out. We are losing every game anyway. At least you are giving kids who will be in the program past November so experience that could payoff down the road.

If we start losing top assistants and recruits this thing is doomed
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I think that Hafley should learn that ignoring cracks in the foundation is not something you can do. We all knew from last year that the OLine coach was a fucking mess. But, Hafley didn’t want to make the hard decision and move on from his guy. We all knew that Jurk was talented but easily injured. We knew that Grosel could do little more than finish a game Jurk started by handoffs and throwing 5-yard patterns (but wasn’t the guy to start). But, Hafley didn’t want to adjust his plan of Jurk-to-Morehead. Basically, he rolled the dice that Applebaum wouldn’t suck and Glass Phil would start every game. It has collapsed in spectacular fashion. Shit is what it is and it ain’t changing. We are losing out. He has no one to blame but himself. You will see the non-awful assistants move on and we will likely lose a couple of top recruits.

For that reason, I think whether or not Hafley wins 2 of the next 4 very well could define his tenure. If he doesn’t then it will be a downward spiral which will be hard to reverse.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:44 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who the are the “top” assistants you’re worried about? Other than the DC, I don’t really see it.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:55 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Who the are the “top” assistants you’re worried about? Other than the DC, I don’t really see it.

I don't think any of these assistant coaches are essential to Hafley's program. Lose a few more games, Hafley is not even essential.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:05 am

it's starting to look like even hafley isn't essential to hafley's program
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:37 am

Given our current W drought against P5 teams, I wondered when were the last times BC had a complete effort against P5 teams. My impression is that BC has been getting by with reliance on a few standouts, and rarely seems to be able to field a team that is just plain better on both sides of the ball. I defined a "complete effort" as a game where BC had at least 430 yards of offense, and held the opponent to 370 yards or less. Think of this as a top 1/3 offensive day and a top 1/3 defensive day.

The results:

best P5 games off defense
more than 430 less than 370

10/19/2019 NC State 532 366
10/26/2018 miami 433 305
10/13/2018 louisville 430 217
10/21/2017 virginia 512 247
9/13/2014 USC 506 337

Basically Haf is yet to do it. And Daz only managed to do it 2x in 2018.

I stopped looking before I got to 2014.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:59 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

I am going to ban you for comparing two years of Hafley (really 1) and seven years of Addazio
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:11 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:Given our current W drought against P5 teams, I wondered when were the last times BC had a complete effort against P5 teams. My impression is that BC has been getting by with reliance on a few standouts, and rarely seems to be able to field a team that is just plain better on both sides of the ball. I defined a "complete effort" as a game where BC had at least 430 yards of offense, and held the opponent to 370 yards or less. Think of this as a top 1/3 offensive day and a top 1/3 defensive day.

The results:

best P5 games off defense
more than 430 less than 370

10/19/2019 NC State 532 366
10/26/2018 miami 433 305
10/13/2018 louisville 430 217
10/21/2017 virginia 512 247
9/13/2014 USC 506 337

Basically Haf is yet to do it. And Daz only managed to do it 2x in 2018.

I stopped looking before I got to 2014.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/m ... =401282086
You either forgot that Mizzou was a member of the SEC or defined "complete effort" with awkward-looking stats that purposely gave the result you intended.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:56 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I am going to ban you for comparing two years of Hafley (really 1) and seven years of Addazio

Excuses, schmexcuses - Daz went 3-3 in the ACC with Dennis Grosel as starting quarterback.

The difference lies deeper...

edit: actually, 3-2! I was counting the Louisville game started by Brownie Ice. Daz had a winning league record with Grosel! ... and he got fired!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:46 am

I feel like a moron playing into a joke, but Addazio had a large sample size. Even if this argument wasn’t being tongue-in-cheek it would still be brick stupid
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:10 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I feel like a moron playing into a joke, but Addazio had a large sample size. Even if this argument wasn’t being tongue-in-cheek it would still be brick stupid

This is your daily reminder that fighting with a shtick is a waste of time.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium