0-8 Seaon?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

0-8 Seaon?

Postby Logitano on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Seems like we are back to the future with 0-8 season.

At least we do not have to worry about anyone trying to hire hafley or our DC away.

Grosel is a serviceable backup for a half or 1 game but the thought they could play 10-11 games with him at QB was/is insane. That is on Hafley. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Re: 0-8 Seaon?

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:28 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:Seems like we are back to the future with 0-8 season.

At least we do not have to worry about anyone trying to hire hafley or our DC away.

Grosel is a serviceable backup for a half or 1 game but the thought they could play 10-11 games with him at QB was/is insane. That is on Hafley. :ace

This. It is unfathomable to me that any halfway decent coach would think they could play a season with Grosel. The minute Glass Phil got hurt Cignetti should have been developing a dumbed down game plane so that the frosh could handle the QB spot. Tommy Rees and Brian Kelly are functionally regarted and yet, they came up with a package for Tyler Buchner. Fucking Manny Diaz will be fired at the end of this year and yet, he developed a new playbook for his frosh QB Van Dyck and just whipped NC State.

I like Hafley’s personality, but I am rapidly losing confidence in his management of the program. He is definitely not a boy genius and I fear he is a Peter Principle candidate—good coordinator who lacks the CEO management skills needed to be a good head coach. As I said two weeks ago, it is far more likely that we go 4-8 than 6-6 l. Hansen ridiculed that because Hansen is a moron. Don’t be like Hansen.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:34 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:

This. It is unfathomable to me that any halfway decent coach would think they could play a season with Grosel. The minute Glass Phil got hurt Cignetti should have been developing a dumbed down game plane so that the frosh could handle the QB spot. Tommy Rees and Brian Kelly are functionally regarted and yet, they came up with a package for Tyler Buchner. Fucking Manny Diaz will be fired at the end of this year and yet, he developed a new playbook for his frosh QB Van Dyck and just whipped NC State.

I like Hafley’s personality, but I am rapidly losing confidence in his management of the program. He is definitely not a boy genius and I fear he is a Peter Principle candidate—good coordinator who lacks the CEO management skills needed to be a good head coach. As I said two weeks ago, it is far more likely that we go 4-8 than 6-6 l. Hansen ridiculed that because Hansen is a moron. Don’t be like Hansen.

I am not down on Hafley as HC (yet). This is something that he can definitely learn from and improve upon down the rd. Bumps of hiring a first time HC who was a defensive coach.

On a sadder note for me how bad must Matt Valecce be that he could not even come close to beating out Grosel? We have swung and missed on what 10 qbs over the last 4 or 5 years? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:47 am

I think Hafley is coming to the realization we will be 0-8 with Grosel. Clemson sucks and they prove that each week, but they showed the template to beat us. Stack your defense within 9 yards of the LOS. Grosel cannot consistently complete a pass over 10 yards even to wide open receivers. At this point it’s not Grosel’s fault he can’t do this, it’s our fault for continuing to ask him to do so. Hafley sees it. His quote was something like “are we putting our players in a position to be successful”. If we are asking Grosel to be our starting quarterback, we are not.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:56 am

Its not 2015 yet, but there are some creepy similarities with that team.

I'll just keep betting the under.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:39 am

If they keep the same offensive plan, they won’t win another game.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:

I am not down on Hafley as HC (yet). This is something that he can definitely learn from and improve upon down the rd. Bumps of hiring a first time HC who was a defensive coach.

On a sadder note for me how bad must Matt Valecce be that he could not even come close to beating out Grosel? We have swung and missed on what 10 qbs over the last 4 or 5 years? :ace

Valecce went to Fordham Prep. Nuff said. It shouldn’t surprise he was behind Grosel and it isn’t surprising he was so buried on the CSU depth chart that the serial excuse maker shrugged off concerns about him being lost for the season.

As for growing from mistakes, we hoped that Daz would learn from Wake 10/10/15 and yet there he was Friday night. Hafley is not Daz, but his stubborn handling of the QB situation post-Clemson has troubling signs. Everyone on this board knew we had gone as far as we could with Grosel. The one bye week we had this year should’ve been spent getting Morehead (or one of the Mac-offered QBs Menard/Rueve) ready to go if Grosel started shitting the bed against NCS. It’s mind-boggling that Grosel walked on the field in the 4th Q and it is malpractice that he started (and played every fucking snap) against Ville. How many more games Grosel plays will speak to how inflexible Hafley will be going forward. But, at this point, it already raises flags and any adjustments will already be too little too late to save the season.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:21 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:I think Hafley is coming to the realization we will be 0-8 with Grosel. Clemson sucks and they prove that each week, but they showed the template to beat us. Stack your defense within 9 yards of the LOS. Grosel cannot consistently complete a pass over 10 yards even to wide open receivers. At this point it’s not Grosel’s fault he can’t do this, it’s our fault for continuing to ask him to do so. Hafley sees it. His quote was something like “are we putting our players in a position to be successful”. If we are asking Grosel to be our starting quarterback, we are not.

I read that as the game plan was dog shit and the playcalling wasn’t much better.

It seems to me they are trying to run a Jurkovec offense with Grosel which is not giving him a chance to succeed since he has nowhere near the ability to pull that off.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:48 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:I think Hafley is coming to the realization we will be 0-8 with Grosel. Clemson sucks and they prove that each week, but they showed the template to beat us. Stack your defense within 9 yards of the LOS. Grosel cannot consistently complete a pass over 10 yards even to wide open receivers. At this point it’s not Grosel’s fault he can’t do this, it’s our fault for continuing to ask him to do so. Hafley sees it. His quote was something like “are we putting our players in a position to be successful”. If we are asking Grosel to be our starting quarterback, we are not.

I read that as the game plan was dog shit and the playcalling wasn’t much better.

It seems to me they are trying to run a Jurkovec offense with Grosel which is not giving him a chance to succeed since he has nowhere near the ability to pull that off.

I have seen 3 straight games with open receivers for the QB to throw to. I don’t think it’s the game plan or the play calling. It’s not like we’re asking Tom Brady to run the option. We’re asking a college QB to throw to an open receiver. You can see he’s trying. He just can’t do it.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:54 pm

Bump. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium