This team has quit on Hafley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

This team has quit on Hafley

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:02 pm

And it is all Hafley’s fault for not replacing Grosel. When your coach refuses to adjust and purposely puts the team in unwinnable situations, there is only so much the players can take. The in-fighting… the displays of frustration… the heated conversations… it is all signs of a players saying “fuck you coach” every time Jazzercise takes a snap.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: This team has quit on Hafley

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:04 pm

I actually don't think they quit. I think Grosel is that bad and they don't have a defense that can overcome being on the field all game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:15 pm

They played hard. It’s a testament to the type of kids we get that it took this long. But, the infighting and frustration has boiled onto the field today. It was the tipping point. It goes completely off the rails if Grosel starts versus Cuse. Mark my words.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:17 pm

it's already off the rails.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:They played hard. It’s a testament to the type of kids we get that it took this long. But, the infighting and frustration has boiled onto the field today. It was the tipping point. It goes completely off the rails if Grosel starts versus Cuse. Mark my words.

I noticed some arguing between 9 and some of his teammates. Not sure how big of an issue that will be going forward.

I don’t think the team has quit though in my opinion at least not compared to some of the FSU teams I’ve seen quit in the past.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:23 pm

someone's been drinking the snake oil
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:30 pm

It isn’t just Woodbey’s facemask. The WRs and TEs are doing the thing where they have both arms raised in frustration as if to say “What the fuck???” There was a lot of heads hanging down on both sides of the ball when we went 3-and-out after another turnover.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It isn’t just Woodbey’s facemask. The WRs and TEs are doing the thing where they have both arms raised in frustration as if to say “What the fuck???” There was a lot of heads hanging down on both sides of the ball when we went 3-and-out after another turnover.

In this fan fiction you're writing, were all the personal fouls last year also due to frustration with the fact that 12 months later, Grosel would be the quarterback?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Are you suggesting the frustration is that someone else should be playing QB instead of Grossel, or is it just frustration that they can’t win with Grossel?
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:55 pm

We’re all convinced of the latter, but haven’t seen anything to suggest the former
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Flowers reaction today suggests both.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Oklahoma benches Rattler.
Clemson benches DJ.
We won’t bench Grosel. This is mind-numbing. It’s clear we can’t win with him. Why not see what the hell else there is? This stubbornness will lead to Hafley losing the team. And he will deserve it.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:33 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:Oklahoma benches Rattler.
Clemson benches DJ.
We won’t bench Grosel. This is mind-numbing. It’s clear we can’t win with him. Why not see what the hell else there is? This stubbornness will lead to Hafley losing the team. And he will deserve it.

You do realize we have a preferred walk on and a kid no other P5 school wanted behind him on the depth chart?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:37 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Clemson benches DJ.

You do realize we have a preferred walk on and a kid no other P5 school wanted behind him on the depth chart?

This is a terrible reason to stick with him. I'd rather lose giving someone else a chance.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Clemson benches DJ.

So basically Grosel 2.0 and Grosel 3.0?
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:01 am

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Clemson benches DJ.

Again who knows we’ve never seen them play.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:27 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Clemson benches DJ.

Again who knows we’ve never seen them play.

You are correct. We haven’t seen them play. But I wouldn’t dismiss them because of PWO or non-Power 5 status. Remember Grosel was a PWO with non-P5 status. We have all seen enough of Grosel to know he isn’t capable. Someone else needs a shot. Even if it’s to reaffirm that Grosel is the best we have. You can see the frustration in the other players. It’s building every week. The receivers were the most demonstrative I have seen yet. And the defense can’t be happy after forcing 4 turnovers. Something needs to change and that’s the QB position.

And spare me the “he doesn’t know/can’t run the offense” bullshit. The QB doesn’t need to know page 123. Give him 10 runs and 10 passes. Keep it simple. If he can’t do just that, you screwed up by recruiting him.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:36 am

I’ll remind everyone of the “no one can be worse than Chris crane” cries… and what that led to
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:43 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I’ll remind everyone of the “no one can be worse than Chris crane” cries… and what that led to

Us finally playing a QB who went on to play 9-years professionally.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium