Official Gameday Thread - BC at Louisville - 10/23/2021

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC at Louisville - 10/23/2021

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:33 am

can i just say that this is far and away my favorite mo'j agenda of all of our collective time together?

that is all
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby myles kennefick on Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:55 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
myles kennefick {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I have a hard time reconciling “Morehead isn’t ready” with the conflicting “Morehead is legit” narratives. If Morehead has legit ability, there has to be some basic offense be can run. He’s been on campus since January. Will a good DC be able to decipher run/pass sure. But, who cares. Right now, every play is defended the same way. Pretty much every program in America has had true frosh on the 2-deep. Why is ours the only one in need of an astrophysicists?

That said, I also leave open the possibility that a Mac-recruited kid like Menard or Rueve could be a gamer in the mold of PaulPete. If so, fuck the staff for not realizing that because losing to UVA.

It's not that hard to understand. The thinking goes: Morehead has the physical tools but isn't developed enough to start in the ACC. He didn't play a senior year of high school and has been on campus for less than a year. Every program in America has true frosh on the 2-deep, including BC this year, but it's extremely rare to see a true freshmen starting QB in a P5 conference.

This is a true statement 6 years ago. Not today. The number 3 team in America replaced their projected 1st Round, pre-season Heisman Candidate for a true Frosh. All of Duke's backups to Holmberg are freshmen. JJ McCarthy has played. Tyler Bucher has played. Sam Huard has played. Kyle McCord started. This is off the top of my head. True frosh QBs are everywhere. And, none of them are sitting behind Dennis Grosel.

Look... if Morehead is currently a pick-off machine, fine. Then, he is really nothing more than a long-term project who won't contribute until he is a Redshirt Junior. It also means we will need to mine the transfer portal for a Mr. Glass back up and for someone to bridge the gap until the 2023 season. From the sounds of it, we have Grosel, 2 Billy Fluties and someone who in a few years may hopefully develop into a poor man's Patrick Towles. That doesn't particularly inspire confidence in the staff's handling of the position.

The players you just mentioned:
Caleb Williams, 5 star and top 10 overall prospect
JJ McCarthy, 5 star and top 15 overall prospect
Tyler Buchner, 4 star and top 75 overall prospect
Sam Huard, 5 star and top 15 overall prospect
Kyle McCord, 5 star and top 30 overall prospect

That's the evidence for a new standard and "true frosh are starting everywhere"? And that's supposed to support why true freshman Emmet Morehead, who didn't even have a senior year of high school and is reportedly talented but raw, should be playing ACC games right now?

There's a whole lot of space between playing as a true freshman and not contributing until you're a redshirt junior. I don't know what Morehead is capable of now or what he'll be capable of in the next couple years, but stating that if he's not ready now he won't be ready until 2024 sounds pretty dumb.
myles kennefick
n00b

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:41 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:can i just say that this is far and away my favorite mo'j agenda of all of our collective time together?

that is all

That’s a bold statement
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:38 pm

not for me. i can't think of another agenda of his that even amused me, but i truly like this one and persuade him to continue fighting the good fight against cupboard empty back up qb's
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:43 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:not for me. i can't think of another agenda of his that even amused me, but i truly like this one and persuade him to continue fighting the good fight against cupboard empty back up qb's

This
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium