Official Gameday Thread - BC at Clemson -10.2.21

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC at Clemson -10.2.21

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the qb position is a shit show, but i think its tough to totally kill hafley for it

clemson has been one of the two best programs in the nation the last 8 years, gets every player they want, back to back first round qbs...they get a 5 star recruit, #1 at his position, he comes in at QB after sitting under the "tutelage of Trevor" for a year and is one of the worst qbs we will face.

our qb situation is a disaster, but you need to tell me where hafley went wrong if you want to kill him for the current situation.

December 2019: Hired as coach

January 2020: gets jurk to transfer to BC for three years as potential starter qb without having to sit out. if the criticism here is that jurk is made of glass (somewhat fair) so he shouldn't have gotten him, then you have to be okay with last year being 12 games of grosel. it wasn't fair to expect him to get an impact true freshman qb given his hiring timeline

2020 season: since you are playing jurk, he's got 2 years after this, and he looks at the very least decent (4 of his first 5 games 300+ yards passing) you have to convince a top qb recruit to pass over a baby rapist where he would have to sit anyway, to sit here for a couple of years. in my mind the only shot in 2020 that we got a top qb here is if we had grosel playing so you could say "youll get to start for 4 years", thus torpedoing the 2020 season

Additions to the QB timeline:
Dec. 1999 Though AB had entered The Portal, he went to the team meeting where JH met the team and from public comments, its sounds like he could have been talked into staying;
Jan 2020 Rueve was offered;
Dec 2020 Sam Johnson enters The Portal;
April 2021 Matt Valecce enters The Portal.

Ok so is the argument you’d rather have AB than Jurk? That’s reasonable. If we did go that route this year would be a rebuilding year at the qb position.

I can’t believe people actually think that we should have a very solid backup qb on this roster given the circumstances.

No, you are leaping to conclusions here. I would much rather have a healthy Jurk than a healthy AB.

Look, if Morehead turns out to be terrible, that is on JH. Otherwise, the fact that our 2-deep consists of Grosel and Menard is on the halfwit currently 1-3 in Fort Collins.

It's precisely this. He won't hit on every QB recruit. If 1 of Morehead or the kid next year turns out well that's perfect.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:21 pm

grosel's stats are very similar to the program saving xfer from ped state now playing at kentucky. in fact, grosel has a higher qbr rating this season. kentucky has played absolutely no one good so far, including their win vs an overrated florida team last week.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:34 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:The only time we had a good backup QB was when TOB had The Shredder starting.

This team (over the decades) has had a lot of problems with QBs (especially the very good ones) having glass jaws. Paul Peterson hurts himself vs Temple (sound familiar) and because :toby doesn't want to burn Quinton Porter's redshirt year, he sends a very unprepared redshirt frosh by the name of Matt Ryan to the wolves. Results? We miss the Fiesta Bowl because of the game of which we do not speak. 3 weeks later Paul Peterson is ready to play and hurts himself again (this time far worse) and probably never plays another down of football. Two glass jaws in the same season.

Matty Ice proves himself his sophomore year (and proves that :toby should have just burned Quinton's damn redshirt in 2004 to get the team in the the Fiesta because he was benched after UNC in 2005 anyway) but then, he busts his ankle in 2006 and walks around with a boot for a few games.

Drunkskie is replaced by my Avatar his true frosh year. He gets his glass jaw hurt 2 games in and Drunkskie gets sent back out there to get butchered, we lose another game. Had Rettig not been hurt and started his true frosh year from the get-go (like what should have happened because he was ready to play) we win 9 and not 7 because that was a fucking good team of freshman that :toby recruited his last year here and Rettig had a good team around him and Drunkskie was not good.

Then we had the dark ages of :spaz2.

Do we really need to speak of 2015 vs Florida State and then 2017, same QB? Same glass jaw.

And now Jurkovec's glass jaw last year and now, this year.

I mean for fuck's sake!!!!! Jagz dodged a bullet but none of the others missed it. This spans 4 different head coaching administrations. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS when you have now 4 different head coaches that do NOT go into max protection and do NOT prioritize pass blocking to protect the money man under center. The ACC is a defense oriented conference and our opponents are very athletic defensively. BC QBs are going to get hurt. Now, BC has traditionally been a running team and Jags was the only head coach that had a pass-first philosophy. As long as you run it doesn't make much difference. But if you MUST PASS (and BC needed to on Saturday) and you don't have a QB, results speak for themselves.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:32 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the qb position is a shit show, but i think its tough to totally kill hafley for it

clemson has been one of the two best programs in the nation the last 8 years, gets every player they want, back to back first round qbs...they get a 5 star recruit, #1 at his position, he comes in at QB after sitting under the "tutelage of Trevor" for a year and is one of the worst qbs we will face.

our qb situation is a disaster, but you need to tell me where hafley went wrong if you want to kill him for the current situation.

January 2020: gets jurk to transfer to BC for three years as potential starter qb without having to sit out. if the criticism here is that jurk is made of glass (somewhat fair) so he shouldn't have gotten him, then you have to be okay with last year being 12 games of grosel. it wasn't fair to expect him to get an impact true freshman qb given his hiring timeline

2020 season: since you are playing jurk, he's got 2 years after this, and he looks at the very least decent (4 of his first 5 games 300+ yards passing) you have to convince a top qb recruit to pass over a baby rapist where he would have to sit anyway, to sit here for a couple of years. in my mind the only shot in 2020 that we got a top qb here is if we had grosel playing so you could say "youll get to start for 4 years", thus torpedoing the 2020 season

Dec. 1999 Though AB had entered The Portal, he went to the team meeting where JH met the team and from public comments, its sounds like he could have been talked into staying;

Ok so is the argument you’d rather have AB than Jurk? That’s reasonable. If we did go that route this year would be a rebuilding year at the qb position.

I can’t believe people actually think that we should have a very solid backup qb on this roster given the circumstances.

No, you are leaping to conclusions here. I would much rather have a healthy Jurk than a healthy AB.

Look, if Morehead turns out to be terrible, that is on JH. Otherwise, the fact that our 2-deep consists of Grosel and Menard is on the halfwit currently 1-3 in Fort Collins.

i agree - my point was if you want to present the argument that you'd rather have AB than jurk, that is a reasonable argument. i dont agree with it but it is logical because it could have realistically happened.

to expect hafley to have some good backup qb as if they grow on trees / would want to come to play backup to a qb for likely two years just doesnt make a whole lot of sense

You keep building this straw man that I am pissed that we don't have a good QB as a back up. It is so transparent and such bullshit that all I can do is laugh at you. What I would like, and what could have been easily accomplished this past offseason, is that we land a QB who could start at a program better than Lafayette or Fordham. I guess y'all are part of the we are what we are crowd that has held this school down for so long. As for Grosel and DJU, DJU is terrible, but apparently capable of holding onto a shotgun snap and on occasion completing a wide open 30 yard pass.

Also, you aren't defending Hafley when you say that the Dazzler left the cupboard full of shit QBs and it is on Dazzler that Hafley couldn't find a reasonably serviceable back up. You are saying that Hafley looked at the shit that Dazzler left behind and said "Yeah. I can work with that."
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:50 am

week six qb ranking from pff.

the third stringer from the xfer portal that stoops brilliantly convinced to xfer to kentucky to be second string and now starts due to injury is ranked in the same "needs to improve" group as grosel. like i said earlier, levis and grosel are pretty much the same thing. kentucky has played nobody good to date.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-week-6-fbs-quarterback-rankings-130-starters-2021
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:09 pm

Are you fucking stupid? Wait. don't answer, of course you are stupid. You display it every time you post. Kentucky just beat Florida, you fucking moron. Please, go drink some Drano. Thanks, Humanity
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Are you fucking stupid? Wait. don't answer, of course you are stupid. You display it every time you post. Kentucky just beat Florida, you fucking moron. Please, go drink some Drano. Thanks, Humanity

florida, lol. look at their schedule so far. other than alabama, not much there. and they got alabama when bama wasn't playing well early.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:34 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Are you fucking stupid? Wait. don't answer, of course you are stupid. You display it every time you post. Kentucky just beat Florida, you fucking moron. Please, go drink some Drano. Thanks, Humanity

florida, lol. look at their schedule so far. other than alabama, not much there. and they got alabama when bama wasn't playing well early.

They are the only team that has played a competitive game with Alabama since the last time they played Bama last year. In fact, Florida is the only team that has played a remotely competitive game against Alabama since 2019. Your opinions on sports are as stupid and ill informed as your political opinions. In. the words of Fred Sanford, "shut your mouth you big dummy!"
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:39 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

They are the only team that has played a competitive game with Alabama since the last time they played Bama last year. In fact, Florida is the only team that has played a remotely competitive game against Alabama since 2019. Your opinions on sports are as stupid and ill informed as your political opinions. In. the words of Fred Sanford, "shut your mouth you big dummy!"

i fully expected to get a response like this from two inch dick because i questioned his idiotic kentucky opinion. so predictable.

anyway, grosel has a higher qbr than levis. let's see how the rest of the season plays out, snowflake.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:34 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

i fully expected to get a response like this from two inch dick because i questioned his idiotic kentucky opinion. so predictable.

anyway, grosel has a higher qbr than levis. let's see how the rest of the season plays out, snowflake.

Why are the liberals on this board all fixated on my dick. No, 33, I won't go out with you. I don't swing that way. Perhaps you should ask Elvii out on a date. Like you, he is apparently a homosexual. He is also politically liberal and a dolt, so you have lots in common.

And Grosel has a higher qbr because of Colgate and UMASS. Also, if you actually watched Kentucky you'd see the Kentucky QB routinely makes throws that Grosel could not hope to make.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Because you're a narcissist that runs the same play when someone disagrees with you.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:38 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

Why are the liberals on this board all fixated on my dick. No, 33, I won't go out with you. I don't swing that way. Perhaps you should ask Elvii out on a date. Like you, he is apparently a homosexual. He is also politically liberal and a dolt, so you have lots in common.

And Grosel has a higher qbr because of Colgate and UMASS. Also, if you actually watched Kentucky you'd see the Kentucky QB routinely makes throws that Grosel could not hope to make.

you really need to come up with some new insult material. the same old tired stuff isn't working anymore.

there is virtually no difference from the schedule we played vs the one mighty kentucky has played. like i said, lets see how the season plays out before you anoint levis as the second coming of towles and pencil in florida for a cfp slot. the only tough game left for kentucky and florida is georgia, lets see what happens.

in the meantime study up on how the xfer portal works.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Grosel is objectively terrible. Democrats agree. World peace.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:20 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Grosel is objectively terrible. Democrats agree. World peace.

Weren't you going to quit the board? I believe the issue of contention was Grosel's inability or unwillingness to teleport to the sideline pre-snap and check if the receivers are covering the tight ends.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:06 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Grosel is objectively terrible. Democrats agree. World peace.

Weren't you going to quit the board? I believe the issue of contention was Grosel's inability or unwillingness to teleport to the sideline pre-snap and check if the receivers are covering the tight ends.

Nope. And nope.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:10 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

One more:
Jan 2020 Kitna decommits
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:22 pm

We should get Penn State’s third stringer.

The guy behind the guy who can’t throw a forward pass.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:35 pm

Penn State’s second stringer is worse than grosel. Wonder how their 3rd stringer is.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:43 pm

Less than 2 yards per attempt and having the awareness to run 3 yards when you need 60 yards in 30 seconds and have no timeouts
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:31 pm

I watched this game in person at the 50 yard line, about 10 rows below the press box (great view!). A few thoughts I had that may not have been as apparent from the TV angle:

- Our receivers had separation all night. Our like 8th most wide open WR was more open than any Clemson WR was all night

- The Clemson WR's were never open all night. There were very tight windows that I'm sure Trevor Lawrence would have exploited, but DJ was there to be a game manager

- Kobay White was pacing the sideline all game. Very unhappy to not be playing in the game.

- The game plan was clearly to get the ball to Trae Barry. But it is quite clear that he doesn't know the offense as well as others (understandable). Hasselback did note that on that late end zone throw that Barry cut the route in a way (prob wrong) that Grosel did not expect. At timeouts, and even as they were lining up all night, other players were talking to Barry up until the snap. A few times he lined up in the wrong spot, and then they moved him. I think it's an unfortunate side effect of the Grosel situation. Barry is the best weapon for Grosel to throw to, but Barry is just figuring the offense out. I'd like to see more of CJ Lewis and Taji Johnson in the passing game. They can shield off defenders on the shorter and medium routes, and provide a bigger target than Zay, Williams or Gill.

- The Clemson fan base are spoiled. They think the referees are screwing them, and having hard time accepting that they aren't that good.

My other observation that was just as obvious on TV:

Dabo was coaching in a shockingly old school and somewhat cowardly way. I couldn't believe our luck when he punted on that 4th and four in plus territory. He literally has NO confidence in his offense. How does a guy with National Championships and all these 4 stars coach like that?
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:43 am

You all need to remember that in 1981 Doug Flutie was 4th on the QB depth chart behind such star athletes as John Loughery, Doug Geyer, and Dennis Scala. You never know who is just languishing on the bench.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:31 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:- The game plan was clearly to get the ball to Trae Barry. But it is quite clear that he doesn't know the offense as well as others (understandable). Hasselback did note that on that late end zone throw that Barry cut the route in a way (prob wrong) that Grosel did not expect. At timeouts, and even as they were lining up all night, other players were talking to Barry up until the snap. A few times he lined up in the wrong spot, and then they moved him. I think it's an unfortunate side effect of the Grosel situation. Barry is the best weapon for Grosel to throw to, but Barry is just figuring the offense out. I'd like to see more of CJ Lewis and Taji Johnson in the passing game. They can shield off defenders on the shorter and medium routes, and provide a bigger target than Zay, Williams or Gill.

I appreciate the write-up, but what does Grosel have to do with a TE not knowing the plays?

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:16 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:- Our receivers had separation all night. Our like 8th most wide open WR was more open than any Clemson WR was all night

I ran into a random Clemson fan who was at the game and his comments were:
1. We should've won and were the better team by a large margin
2. He absolutely loves our coach and thinks he is a superstar in the making
3. Our WRs were wide open all night long
4. He knew Jurk was hurt, but he didn't know the situation/history with Grosel. He said that explained a lot, as they couldn't understand why we never threw to the open WRs
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:20 am

let me save trumpishment the trouble...

it's not denny g's fault the receivers were open. what do you want him to do about that, catch a snap?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:let me save trumpishment the trouble...

it's not denny g's fault the receivers were open. what do you want him to do about that, catch a snap?

he was not good against the Clemson but I fully expect he will rally hard and deliver us a win against the Wolfpack keeping us in the Atlantic title chase.

there, I said it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:44 pm

You're going to have to take it up about 3 notches to compete with Teddy in the "stupid Grosel take" contest. He's a giant in his field.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:50 pm

You're going to have to take it up about 3 notches to compete with Teddy in the "stupid Grosel take" contest. He's a giant in his field.

all I’ll say is you have hansen the retard on your side, so…
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:56 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

all I’ll say is you have hansen the retard on your side, so…

If you had told me at the end of last year that in 2021 funisher and I would be on the same side of anything, then I would have said there's a better chance of you and the mysterious stranger having a happy reunion. what a strange year this has been.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:24 pm

Grosel is objectively worse than whatever Williams and Amherst send out against each other on an annual basis. One of them is an elph I think.

Too bad that TE didn't know where to go so that Grosel could not throw him the ball when he got wide open. Bad TE.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:

you might want to consider taking fred sanfords advise. lame duck ed orgeron says hi, snowflake.
eagle33
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium