Clemson Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Clemson Week

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:44 am

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Re: Clemson Week

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:49 am

This is Clemson’s “get right” game. Their offense will look incredible and DJU will be the superstar he appeared to be last year. Clemson’s D is legit. But, it isn’t like Grosel is winning any shootouts.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is Clemson’s “get right” game. Their offense will look incredible and DJU will be the superstar he appeared to be last year. Clemson’s D is legit. But, it isn’t like Grosel is winning any shootouts.

Why would it all of a sudden just start to happen for them? After Georgia, why wouldn't they "get it right" with NC State? They are 4 weeks in and their offense has shown us, zip. Nothing. Did they get it right with Georgia Tech?

Clemson is a "ch" away from being 1-3. This is two weeks in a row that the offense has scored exactly 14 points in the first 60 minutes. Clemson's defense is excellent but Mizzou has twice the offense Clemson has. I am seriously considering "betting-the-under" for this game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is Clemson’s “get right” game. Their offense will look incredible and DJU will be the superstar he appeared to be last year. Clemson’s D is legit. But, it isn’t like Grosel is winning any shootouts.

They lost their chance to get into the playoff yesterday. Hopefully they will quit.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Did Clemson lose a few starters to injury yesterday? I’m shocked at their lack of offense given all of their 4 and 5 star recruits.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Did Clemson lose a few starters to injury yesterday? I’m shocked at their lack of offense given all of their 4 and 5 star recruits.

Go Eagles!

I watched the second half of the NC State-Clemson game. At no time did Clemson have control of the line of scrimmage when they were on offense. Never. So no matter how many 4 or 5 star athletes they may have had at the skill positions, its difficult to explode offensively if you are being pursued in the backfield or if there are no holes on the line of scrimmage. And yes, I thought I saw one Clemson player injured. I do not know who it was.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:11 pm

Would just like to point out how much complete horseshit it is that we ended up with a trip to Clemson in three consecutive years. Still would like to see BC go down there and punch this team in the teeth. Clemson terrorized this division for the majority of the past decade, this is a chance to kick them while they are down and you don't get many chances like this.

Generally I'd be cautious after coming off the high of the OT win at home and Clemson losing in the prior week but the fact is that Clemson's CFP hopes are done before October so perhaps they will pack it in and start playing selfish football or unravel completely.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:15 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Did Clemson lose a few starters to injury yesterday? I’m shocked at their lack of offense given all of their 4 and 5 star recruits.

Go Eagles!

they're now down both their starting DT, and i believe 12th year sr skalski left on saturday as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Clemson is a huge favorite. 14.5
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:12 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Clemson is a huge favorite. 14.5

I won my Mizzou bet.

Yeah, I'm taking those points.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:27 pm

+16 now over at Wynn

I said if Hafley could get 'er done vs Mizzou that I would officially "get in." Okay so now "I'm in."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Straight

Boston College+16.0
Boston College at Clemson
Sat, 4:30 PM

Spread
Wager

$16.50

Payout

$31.50
Total Odds

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:30 am

Is IB allowed to captain the (team we're about to play) "Week" threads?

Apparently Clem lost one of their starting DL's and one of their RB's

The Tigers’ loss to the Wolfpack was a costly one for several reasons. Bresee will be out for the remainder of the season due to a torn ACL, Swinney announced in his Sunday press conference. Shipley avoided serious injury, but the Tigers running back will still miss three to four weeks. Skalski is expected to be OK after exiting the game with an upper-body injury.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:54 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Is IB allowed to captain the (team we're about to play) "Week" threads?

I'm in charge here.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:13 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Is IB allowed to captain the (team we're about to play) "Week" threads?

Not the captain. I was just the first to get around to it.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:43 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

hansen was likely at the beach having a clamless bake at the time
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

hansen was likely at the beach having a clamless bake at the time

I laughed even if it wasn’t true
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:19 am

Al Haig IB is a flex I did not expect. Against my better judgment, I just placed a bet on BC getting 16.5 points. The departure of Football Jesus to Jacksonville aside, I think Clemson is also really missing Etienne, who covered for some major problems with their offensive line last year which are being fully exposed now. For all the hype around Will Shipley, he is a freshman and he sucks catching passes out of the backfield.

On the defensive side of the ball, losing Bresee is a massive blow. That kid is an absolute stud and there is nobody that even approaches him from a skill perspective, couple that with them also losing Tyler Davis until November and there is no reason we should not be able to move the ball on them. The talent pool along their DL is extremely thin right now.

On paper, they should obviously still beat us, especially at Death Valley and with Grosel at QB, but I don't think they will run away from us.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:05 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:but I don't think they will run away from us.

I don't either.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:03 am

He's talking about all the injuries

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:18 am

46.5 is the o/u

Do they really not think Clemson will put up at least what Missouri did?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:23 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:46.5 is the o/u

Do they really not think Clemson will put up at least what Missouri did?

No. They don't. Neither do I.

And they don't think that BC will put up even half of what BC put up against Mizzou, maybe not even a third.

We don't know anything about how good or bad Mizzou is. They are 2-2 and lost to two undefeated teams. That tells us nothing about Mizzou. This is the best year Kentucky has had since 2007 when they upset the eventual national champions, LSU. Actually this is is also the best year BC has had since 2007, so......
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:52 am

He won one last week!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:06 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

He won one last week!

Exactly, he won a shoot out last week. Could have just as easily lost it. But he won it. But we really do not know how good or bad Mizzou is.

We are going to know much much MORE about Mizzou when they take the field against the Vols in the early game and especially when Kentucky takes the field vs Florida on Saturday. That Kentucky game starts 90 minutes before ours and that is what I'll be watching very closely. Beating the Gamecocks in SC is tough. And U-Florida is always filled with athletes. If Kentucky is as strong as I think they might be, we'll know before BC kicks off @ Clemson. And I'll feel even better then about our chances if their game is close at halftime.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:16 pm

not much faith in bc to win outright by the experts, except for clucko the chicken. * means team will win but not cover.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/09/college-football-expert-picks-predictions-lines-week-5-2021/15
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:01 pm

Clemsons offense has been terrible in every game they’ve played (except SC State) and now they’ve lost Shipley. Their defense is still very good even with the injuries but I don’t think they’ll run away with it. It will probably be a pretty ugly game—maybe we can steal it
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:29 pm

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:57 pm

BC is in town for Clemson's homecoming
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

He won one last week!

Addazio style.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:00 pm

BC football vs. Clemson
Saturday, October 2 @ 4:30 p.m. Arizona time
RT O'Sullivan's Sports Grill
7919 E. Thomas Rd., #101 (SW corner of Hayden and Thomas)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Not to be forgotten, as Clemson is our fifth game, it also the first opportunity to burn redshirts. FRs on the watch list: Clemons, Williams, Asbury and Ezeiruaku.

Question for the redshirt experts, does this include last years' class as the 2020 season didn't count towards eligibility?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium