Temple week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Temple week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:45 am

BC ranked 39 & 42!

Is this game on TV at all?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: Temple week

Postby Eagle1999 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:47 am

ESPNU I believe.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:01 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:BC ranked 39 & 42!

Is this game on TV at all?

I dont think we need Jurk this week but next week we will and a win would put us in the top 25.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:19 am

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:02 am

A lot of shared history in this game. The doormat of the old Big East. Someone should call or tweet Fat Guy and Durham and tell them we're all excited about the "Steve Spadazzianio Classic."
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:15 pm

AP Rankings:

Alabama (of course) at the top but I find it interesting that Oregon went all the way up to #4. The West Coast is usually ignored in rankings (this time of year) with the exception of when USC is on top. So its nice to get the love out West. I still think Georgia is over-rated.

BC is Others receiving votes. And when BC beats Temple they will be near the top of Others receiving votes.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:21 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:AP Rankings:

Alabama (of course) at the top but I find it interesting that Oregon went all the way up to #4. The West Coast is usually ignored in rankings (this time of year) with the exception of when USC is on top. So its nice to get the love out West. I still think Georgia is over-rated.

wrong thread :bored
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:27 pm

lnnocent Bystander {l Wrote}:A lot of shared history in this game. The doormat of the old Big East. Someone should call or tweet Fat Guy and Durham and tell them we're all excited about the "Steve Spadazzianio Classic."

I hear there's a poster on this board with very intimate connections to that show.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:46 pm

So who is the backup QB Saturday (depth chart still has Jurk starting)?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:49 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:So who is the backup QB Saturday (depth chart still has Jurk starting)?

Hafley said that if Phil is out, then he will announce on Tuesday after discussing the situation with Cignetti and the other offensive coaches on Monday.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:43 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

So is this

Bye bye Helton. I would post in the "Other Games Week 2.0" thread, but I don't think we have one.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:51 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

So is this

Bye bye Helton. I would post in the "Other Games Week 2.0" thread, but I don't think we have one.

try the coaching carousel thread
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:04 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:So who is the backup QB Saturday (depth chart still has Jurk starting)?

Hafley said that if Phil is out, then he will announce on Tuesday after discussing the situation with Cignetti and the other offensive coaches on Monday.

Gotta be Morehead right? He’s super talented but looked like a deer in the headlights in the spring game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:16 pm

I may be wrong but if Jurkovec is out, Grosel takes his spot, and then Speaker Nancy Pelosi is next in the line of succession.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:49 pm

lnnocent Bystander {l Wrote}:I may be wrong but if Jurkovec is out, Grosel takes his spot, and then Speaker Nancy Pelosi is next in the line of succession.

this is a bad post and you should feel bad
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:46 pm

I won last week's bet as they covered the 58 points on the O/U. That brought my balance up to $21 (my $11 investment plus $10 winnings.) So.... lets try again

Over
Boston College at Temple
Sat, 9:00 AM

Total Points Over/Under
Wager
$11.50
To Win
$10.00
Total Odds

That leaves me a $9.50 balance. This bet is mostly THEIR money that I won. We'll see. I think Grossel and THIS offensive line can give me 45 points against Temple and I think they'll get 2 or even 3 touchdowns against BC's crappy D.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 pm

i was in full support of your umass bet. i do not think this one will end on the same positive note. if it does, one of two thing will happen (1) funishment will never shut the fuck up about grossel - the fetus he didn't abort or (b) bme's hot tub will overflow but not with semen but with the tears being shed over the eagles losing to temple

well, and semen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:42 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i was in full support of your umass bet. i do not think this one will end on the same positive note. if it does, one of two thing will happen (1) funishment will never shut the fuck up about grossel - the fetus he didn't abort or (b) bme's hot tub will overflow but not with semen but with the tears being shed over the eagles losing to temple

well, and semen

its just a few bucks and I am getting action, so, its all good either way. I think Temple (at home) is substantially stronger (on offense) than ZooMass. And we know that BC's defense is mediocre at best. I'll just keep betting the over until I lose. It could be this week.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:19 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i was in full support of your umass bet. i do not think this one will end on the same positive note. if it does, one of two thing will happen (1) funishment will never shut the fuck up about grossel - the fetus he didn't abort or (b) bme's hot tub will overflow but not with semen but with the tears being shed over the eagles losing to temple

well, and semen

its just a few bucks and I am getting action, so, its all good either way. I think Temple (at home) is substantially stronger (on offense) than ZooMass. And we know that BC's defense is mediocre at best. I'll just keep betting the over until I lose. It could be this week.

I think Duchie said this to me in Providence once.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:19 pm

Sounds like Deon Jones is going to play Saturday.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:15 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Sounds like Deon Jones is going to play Saturday.

Yes he’s been practicing this week and it sounds like Hafley thinks he will not surprisingly make a big impact on the defense.

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium