Is anyone going to Amherst on September 11th?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Is anyone going to Amherst on September 11th?

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:36 pm

I assume the governor will be there and there will be some kind of ceremonial moment before the game is played. 20 years since the WTC towers collapsed. Don't those years go by in an instant?

Do you guys know if BC is offering shuttle buses for the students?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Re: Is anyone going to Amherst on September 11th?

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:08 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Do you guys know if BC is offering shuttle buses for the students?

Are you new here?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:53 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Do you guys know if BC is offering shuttle buses for the students?

Are you new here?

Heh, good point.

I was hopeful that the administration would be willing to part with just a teeny amount of money to rent 50 shuttle busses or whatever it is for an event that is likely to be very special and ceremonial. But I guess that is unlikely.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:06 pm

This is going to be a shitty game I'm a shitty location. Hard pass.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:40 am

we know for sure nospace isn't going

but twb nailed it, there's zero reason to have this game in amherst. gillette is actually an enjoyable experience for a BC road game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:56 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:we know for sure nospace isn't going

but twb nailed it, there's zero reason to have this game in amherst. gillette is actually an enjoyable experience for a BC road game

If I could trust you guys to show and not just catfish me for your own amusement I could:

• Fly into Hartford/Springfield airport for free with my flight benefits
  • rent a Turo car
  • book a luxury box on my dime
  • Name the box Eagleoutsider for the game
  • and host whoever wants to come

I don't even think it would cost me that much. And if there are no boxes at McGurk or whatever its called, I'd chip in $100, $200, or whatever for a major tailgate. Hopefully the UMyAss golf cart nazis are not as gestapo as the BC golf cart campus nazis. But the only people who (if they said they were coming) that I trust to actually show would be Duchie, 81, and MattTheEagle. A few of you are not trustworthy. I have been fooled before and I wont be fooled again.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:07 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

If I could trust you guys to show and not just catfish me for your own amusement I could:

• rent a Turo car

I don't even think it would cost me that much. And if there are no boxes at McGurk or whatever its called, I'd chip in $100, $200, or whatever for a major tailgate. Hopefully the UMyAss golf cart nazis are not as gestapo as the BC golf cart campus nazis. But the only people who (if they said they were coming) that I trust to actually show would be Duchie, 81, and MattTheEagle. A few of you are not trustworthy. I have been fooled before and I wont be fooled again.

I think you are full of shit and won't do this once you realize how much a luxury box actually costs.

If Duchie, Murt, teddy, foot, and/or angrydick (as long he promises not to pull any boogaloo shit there... I dont want to get on any gov't watchlists) goes, then I'll go.

p.s. if I forgot to mention your name, apologies it was a simple oversight (unless of course, it's wasn't... you know who you are).
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:37 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

• rent a Turo car

I think you are full of shit and won't do this once you realize how much a luxury box actually costs.

If Duchie, Murt, teddy, foot, and/or angrydick (as long he promises not to pull any boogaloo shit there... I dont want to get on any gov't watchlists) goes, then I'll go.

p.s. if I forgot to mention your name, apologies it was a simple oversight (unless of course, it's wasn't... you know who you are).

You just proved my point hansen.

The fact that you are willing to go IF AND ONLY IF everyone on a list that you made up goes (because you couldn't stand to go alone) is all the more reason why I am not going to do this. You are not accountable. Why should I spend my money on you for you to attend an EO nametag event to watch a game you want to watch, if you are only willing to do it if everyone else goes? What are you a 12 year old girl? Can't go unless the clique goes or else you'll be cast out?

Its not happening anyway it appears the boxes are not for rent at the moment. I just checked.

https://mysuitetickets.com/warren-mcguirk-alumni-stadium-luxury-suites

https://mysuitetickets.com/4600921-umass-minutemen-vs-boston-college-eagles-tickets

They are probably all rented out already (none available) OR MAYBE, they are not renting any of them AT ALL because of covid? I don't know. Don't care, its not happening. I am not going to do this.

That said, I was curious. I did check the price. Normally for events like this is about $2000-$3000 bucks for 10 seats (give or take) and I'm guessing this game will be the highest demand for luxury box seats for the entire season. So its like $200 to $300 a ticket for the box. That is actually pretty reasonable for luxury seating compared to some places. I have no idea how much you have to donate to the Flynn Fund to get luxury box seats at Alumni. I am not MADE of money, of that I can assure you.

I am a very generous person hansen and I like to do things for people (I took crowds of friends down to my Florida timeshare on my own dime for a decade) so I have done similar things. Its just not going to happen this year. Maybe another year when the epidemic is gone and we don't have the "well-I'm-only-going-to-go-if-everyone-else-goes" attitude. Remember hansen, I was man enough to drive from Scottsdale to Compton for a game against USC and drive home, alone, all in one day. And for that, I was cat-fished as a reward for my effort.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:41 pm

I'll be at Guns N' Roses on Saturday in AC, but would love to get together a big tailgate for the Temple game in Philly. Anyone else going?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:15 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I'll be at Guns N' Roses on Saturday in AC, but would love to get together a big tailgate for the Temple game in Philly. Anyone else going?

Is your family willing to attend the Temple game with you after you admittedly subjected them to a classic Spaz performance at West Point?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:30 pm

• rent a Turo car

After all the games you've passed up over the years, why are you willing to pull out all the stops to go to this one?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:19 pm

• rent a Turo car

How do you still possibly have free flight benefits? You are not an America West retiree (and even those folk have been shit on by America's flight benefits).
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:57 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

• rent a Turo car

How do you still possibly have free flight benefits? You are not an America West retiree (and even those folk have been shit on by America's flight benefits).

Wife works for an airline
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:59 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

• rent a Turo car

You just proved my point hansen.

The fact that you are willing to go IF AND ONLY IF everyone on a list that you made up goes (because you couldn't stand to go alone) is all the more reason why I am not going to do this. You are not accountable. Why should I spend my money on you for you to attend an EO nametag event to watch a game you want to watch, if you are only willing to do it if everyone else goes? What are you a 12 year old girl? Can't go unless the clique goes or else you'll be cast out?

Its not happening anyway it appears the boxes are not for rent at the moment. I just checked.

https://mysuitetickets.com/warren-mcguirk-alumni-stadium-luxury-suites

https://mysuitetickets.com/4600921-umass-minutemen-vs-boston-college-eagles-tickets

They are probably all rented out already (none available) OR MAYBE, they are not renting any of them AT ALL because of covid? I don't know. Don't care, its not happening. I am not going to do this.

That said, I was curious. I did check the price. Normally for events like this is about $2000-$3000 bucks for 10 seats (give or take) and I'm guessing this game will be the highest demand for luxury box seats for the entire season. So its like $200 to $300 a ticket for the box. That is actually pretty reasonable for luxury seating compared to some places. I have no idea how much you have to donate to the Flynn Fund to get luxury box seats at Alumni. I am not MADE of money, of that I can assure you.

I am a very generous person hansen and I like to do things for people (I took crowds of friends down to my Florida timeshare on my own dime for a decade) so I have done similar things. Its just not going to happen this year. Maybe another year when the epidemic is gone and we don't have the "well-I'm-only-going-to-go-if-everyone-else-goes" attitude. Remember hansen, I was man enough to drive from Scottsdale to Compton for a game against USC and drive home, alone, all in one day. And for that, I was cat-fished as a reward for my effort.

You need to learn how to read. And/or means exactly that... all of those people or one of those people. Not a 12yo, I'm just not looking for a date with a man. just sayin'.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:00 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

• rent a Turo car

After all the games you've passed up over the years, why are you willing to pull out all the stops to go to this one?

Because
  • I like Hafley and didn't like Daz or Spaz
  • I have a lot more money at age 50 that I did not have at age 40
  • UMass does have luxury boxes
  • the luxury boxes at such a shitball stadium are probably much cheaper than at a REAL stadium
  • its close enough so that all the EO members in the Boston area, NY area, and NJ area can drive there with no excuses, no "Mean Girls" bitching like hansen just did
  • and I am tired of sitting still in the time of covid

checks a lot of boxes, doesn't it?

Maybe another time. Won't be this time. It was just a pipe dream.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:00 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I'll be at Guns N' Roses on Saturday in AC, but would love to get together a big tailgate for the Temple game in Philly. Anyone else going?

Duchie, I trust you. Let me check with my wife. If nothing else is happening that weekend, I will fly into Philly Friday night/Saturday morning and join you (and everyone else) for a kick-ass EO tailgate. I would be willing to chip in $150 for barbeque and alcohol in the parking lot. I want as many of us to go as possible, everyone.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:05 pm

my prediction for the temple game is that bryn mawr's hot tub will smell like astroglide and monkey turds
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:my prediction for the temple game is that bryn mawr's hot tub will smell like astroglide and monkey turds

tre can you make the trip to Philly? Do we even need to get tickets ahead of time? The game will not be a sellout, we could buy tickets at the gate right, save any transaction fees?

I'll bring my covid-19 vaccination passport.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:32 pm

no, i cannot go to the temple game. i have weekend plans for the remainder of september and october and none of those include attendance at a bc game.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:33 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

Is your family willing to attend the Temple game with you after you admittedly subjected them to a classic Spaz performance at West Point?

I was actually thinking of going solo or just bringing my older daughter so I can drink to my hearts content and look for wife #2. lol
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:36 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:no, i cannot go to the temple game. i have weekend plans for the remainder of september and october and none of those include attendance at a bc game.

I understand.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:36 pm

Any trip to a BC/Temple game must be followed by a trip to Club Risque.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:31 pm

I am leaning towards going.

First time BC has played in Amherst since the 1970s seems like a reason to go.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:38 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

You are twisting my arm, but I need a place to watch the 3:00 anyway.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:20 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

You are twisting my arm, but I need a place to watch the 3:00 anyway.

Do they serve cheese-steaks in the nude?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:27 pm

Duchie, BME, and Philly, I sent you guys a PM. Let me know.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium