Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Colgate - 9/4/2021

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Colgate - 9/4/2021

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:18 pm

An uninspiring performance from the OL. Jurk looks good though.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:23 pm

The pass blocking has been excellent. Biggest "?" for me is coaching. (and maybe kicking)
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:26 pm

Coach Hafley, its 27-0.

BC has 300 yards of offense in the first half, 243 of those yards are Jurkovec passes. There is not a single spot on the field where Colgate can properly defend against the pass. You are up by 4 touchdowns. The game is not nearly as close as the score indicates.

Take
Jurkovec
Off
The
Field

Don't even have him suit up for the second half. Nothing good would come of it. Give him a clipboard instead and tell him with a smile on your face, he's an assistant coach for the last 30 minutes. He'll smile right back at you. This is pointless.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:33 pm

They'll prob keep him in for the first couple of drives in the 2nd half, then pulled for Grossel (I guess).
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:36 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:They'll prob keep him in for the first couple of drives in the 2nd half, then pulled for Grossel (I guess).

Wouldn't mind getting some Morehead in 2nd half either
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:38 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:They'll prob keep him in for the first couple of drives in the 2nd half, then pulled for Grossel (I guess).

And I agree with you. But the question is, why? What is the upside to that?

Give Grossel the whole second half or (maybe) put a frosh in at QB for the last part of the 4th quarter. Now is the time to get the young pups into the game to get them some college gameday experience without consuming any of their eligibility. None of them are going to see the field after the 3rd week of the season anyway.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Uptown Eagle on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:46 pm

This game tells us very little about the team we didn't already know.

But I just got a sweet deal on some gotham steel cookware, so there's that.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:This game tells us very little about the team we didn't already know.

But I just got a sweet deal on some gotham steel cookware, so there's that.

So many damn informercials on this channel
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Some nice play by Dennis on that drive.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:51 pm

520 yards of offense. I would say the whole game has been "garbage time" so to speak, but nicely done.

The goose egg posted by the defense is what is really impressive.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:12 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:@JasonBaumPR
·
11m
Two-deep updates for
@BCFootball
today:

Marcus Valdez is out (hand)
Jaelen Gill is out (foot)
Kam Arnold is out the first half (targeting penalty from last season)

Dirstine, Witter, Batson and DeNucci were also out.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:20 pm

Contrary to Chatlog Costco

Great to be back on campus, but D didn’t look impressive. Colgate was horrible.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:46 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Contrary to Chatlog Costco

Great to be back on campus, but D didn’t look impressive. Colgate was horrible.

Yes we've all been talking about how lousy BC's defense will be this year. I said this very thing yesterday. So if the D didn't look impressive, that is to be expected. They are not impressive.

BUT, I'm still "impressed" with our unimpressive defense outscoring Colgate 7-0, holding them to less than 190 yards offense for the game, and allowing only one big play. The defense does not have much to work with so that kind of performance (plus a couple turnovers) is really more than we could ask of them. I'm glad you enjoyed the game.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:16 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:apparently the vaccine lines are a disaster as expected

I got through a vaccine line and into the stadium in under 10mins.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:40 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Great to be back on campus, but D didn’t look impressive. Colgate was horrible.

D and run game were unimpressive. Jurk threw slightly behind pretty much all receivers. It was fine because our receivers owned Colgate’s DBs but that has to be tightened up by the time the preseason is over.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Great to be back on campus, but D didn’t look impressive. Colgate was horrible.

D and run game were unimpressive. Jurk threw slightly behind pretty much all receivers. It was fine because our receivers owned Colgate’s DBs but that has to be tightened up by the time the preseason is over.

Agreed, noticed those jurk underthrows as well. That would not have been pretty vs a good D
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:45 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Listening to the coaches press conference, he said they had 4 or 5 freshmen rotating on the defensive line today? Injuries so they go to frosh d-line? That is rough.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:38 am

Running Game did not look very good - or at least the way I thought it should've looked against an FCS opponent. They're going to need it to keep defenses honest. Nice to be back on campus. If you take any of the shuttles from satellite parking, they'll give you their Nazi wristbands at thr site, which is way easier than the tents. I also forgot how Alumni is woefully inadequate with bathrooms at the upper levels.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:21 am

Is there a reason why BC couldn’t give season ticket holders rubber bracelets that could be worn to every game after proof of vaccine rather than do this every week?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:59 am

Not really sure how you can tell much of anything from that game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:05 am

Any idea why boumheri was out?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:20 am

Hurt, in street clothes.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:23 am

Out indefinitely another hip injury :|
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:50 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Running Game did not look very good - or at least the way I thought it should've looked against an FCS opponent. They're going to need it to keep defenses honest. Nice to be back on campus. If you take any of the shuttles from satellite parking, they'll give you their Nazi wristbands at thr site, which is way easier than the tents. I also forgot how Alumni is woefully inadequate with bathrooms at the upper levels.

A couple things from yesterday ...

The bathroom and concession situation on a whole was comical , I cant say I understand their thinking at all. For some reason they decided to keep Conte closed down ... not just the concession stands, but also the restrooms, causing a mob scene below the bleachers (packing people together while allegedly caring about a "pandemic" and handing out nazi wristbands ... doesnt really seem to mesh). Like many here, Ive been going to games pretty consistently for 25 years years and I've never seen them close off the bathrooms in Conte.

Re: the nazi wristbands, its not some kind of laborious process, they literally just check the name on the card (or cellphone picture of a card) and the name on your license ... its just some athletic department staffer doing it who doesnt really care, they should have clearly marked tents/tables all over the place to alleviate the backup at the gate(s) since anyone can match names since its not some credentialed person doing it.

Also, this new green space in front of stadium really lends itself to creating a great tailgate atmosphere, I wonder how long they will keep trying to push this all inclusive tent model before they just open it up to season ticket holders or single game passes for cars and people who like to do their own thing tailgating wise, which I think is the majority of people.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:55 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Running Game did not look very good - or at least the way I thought it should've looked against an FCS opponent. They're going to need it to keep defenses honest. Nice to be back on campus. If you take any of the shuttles from satellite parking, they'll give you their Nazi wristbands at thr site, which is way easier than the tents. I also forgot how Alumni is woefully inadequate with bathrooms at the upper levels.

A couple things from yesterday ...

The bathroom and concession situation on a whole was comical , I cant say I understand their thinking at all. For some reason they decided to keep Conte closed down ... not just the concession stands, but also the restrooms, causing a mob scene below the bleachers (packing people together while allegedly caring about a "pandemic" and handing out nazi wristbands ... doesnt really seem to mesh). Like many here, Ive been going to games pretty consistently for 25 years years and I've never seen them close off the bathrooms in Conte.

Re: the nazi wristbands, its not some kind of laborious process, they literally just check the name on the card (or cellphone picture of a card) and the name on your license ... its just some athletic department staffer doing it who doesnt really care, they should have clearly marked tents/tables all over the place to alleviate the backup at the gate(s) since anyone can match names since its not some credentialed person doing it.

Also, this new green space in front of stadium really lends itself to creating a great tailgate atmosphere, I wonder how long they will keep trying to push this all inclusive tent model before they just open it up to season ticket holders or single game passes for cars and people who like to do their own thing tailgating wise, which I think is the majority of people.

hansenpost

It was a picture perfect day, great to be back.

I don't know WTF they're doing closing Conte concessions and restrooms. Very stupid.

The execution of the vaxx verification and ticketing via Google Pay/Apple Wallet was fine, but it was poorly communicated. That's why things bottlenecked at the gates. The vaxx verification tent next to Merkert just had a sign that said "Visitor Info." There was no visual indication that you could get verified there.

They have three weeks to fix it. Let's hope thety do.

FYI - You can tailgate at Wahl House now as long as you don't grill, which is still ridiculous, but less ridiculous than not allowing tailgating at all there.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:04 pm

Hafley explains the OL was shuffled last year to accommodate Vrabel who was injured all last year.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:48 pm

entire game in 19 minutes.

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Condensed games on youtube are a godsend.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium