Show me your Paypahz!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Show me your Paypahz!

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:45 am

BC requiring proof of full vaccination or negative PCR test to enter games

RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Re: Show me your Paypahz!

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:48 am

If the negative PCR test isn't from yesterday, what good is it? I would rather want to see a POSITIVE PCR test from (say?) 6 months ago. That way the administration knows you had it already, you have anti-bodies, and you can't get it again or be a carrier.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:57 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:If the negative PCR test isn't from yesterday, what good is it? I would rather want to see a POSITIVE PCR test from (say?) 6 months ago. That way the administration knows you had it already, you have anti-bodies, and you can't get it again or be a carrier.

your attendance will be sorely missed at bc this fall
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:05 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:If the negative PCR test isn't from yesterday, what good is it? I would rather want to see a POSITIVE PCR test from (say?) 6 months ago. That way the administration knows you had it already, you have anti-bodies, and you can't get it again or be a carrier.

Do you think they really said any old PCR test. My detail was vague, but if it helps you, the official language reads "Boston College will require guests at Alumni Stadium and other campus athletics events to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or proof of a negative Covid-19 PCT test adminstered within the previous 72 hours. This policy goes into effect on Saturday, September 4, when BC opens its 2021 football season at home against Colgate."
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:08 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I'm sorry, what am I missing here? Where does my logic fail?

If the negative test is very recent (say no more than 72 hours old) then fine, but there is still a risk that you could have acquired the Covid the night before and you would be highly infectious. But a positive test, that is very valuable. Because a positive test should tell anyone with half a brain you are no longer contagious, no longer able to get the infection, and you can't be a carrier.

How many people in the history of the world got Measles twice? Chicken Pox twice? Mumps twice? How about, none? Who are the people getting covid twice? Do those people even have a functioning immune system? And if you say "....yeah but what about Delta? You could get the Alpha from 2020 and the Delta from 2021..." then I would say you are going to need multiple negative PCR tests to enter the stadium, one for each variant.

I don't have a problem with saying "show me your papers." And I think showing vaccine paperwork is very valuable. But a positive PCR test is much more valuable than anything else. I think the BOT is just trying to be politically correct here and not scientific or logical.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:10 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Do you think they really said any old PCR test. My detail was vague, but if it helps you, the official language reads "Boston College will require guests at Alumni Stadium and other campus athletics events to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or proof of a negative Covid-19 PCT test adminstered within the previous 72 hours. This policy goes into effect on Saturday, September 4, when BC opens its 2021 football season at home against Colgate."

I saw that on the other thread. But my point still stands. A positive test (from just 10 days ago or more) means you are now immune and can't infect anyone. That should count more than a negative test.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:12 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

If the negative test is very recent (say no more than 72 hours old) then fine

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:18 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Oh please. My position is based on science and logic and medicine. You don't have a position outside of being politically correct and obedient.

You had covid, unless you are an AIDS patient or a Cancer patient, you are not going to get it again. You are immune.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:20 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Oh please. My position is based on science and logic and medicine. You don't have a position outside of being politically correct and obedient.

You had covid, unless you are an AIDS patient or a Cancer patient, you are not going to get it again. You are immune.

stop speaking
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:25 am

my position is laughing at someone who, despite having 19k+ posts on a bc message board, chose to attend an antifa riot over going to his first bc game at alumni in decades preaching about the right way to handle attendance this year.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:30 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:my position is laughing at someone who, despite having 19k+ posts on a bc message board, chose to attend an antifa riot over going to his first bc game at alumni in decades preaching about the right way to handle attendance this year.

Doesn't make me wrong. My logic is sound.

A positive test, and you are immune. That's it. At least you were smart enough NOT to disagree with me on that point.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:my position is laughing at someone who, despite having 19k+ posts on a bc message board, chose to attend an antifa riot over going to his first bc game at alumni in decades preaching about the right way to handle attendance this year.

A positive test, and you are immune. That's it. At least you were smart enough NOT to disagree with me on that point.

your logic is not sound nor science or fact based... much like your alleged physical tests that you were scheduled to perform for the village people academy.

i have family in their early 20s and more fit and healthy that you have ever been that have contracted the virus more than once in a 6 month span.

run along now and get your turdo cars washed and stop speaking on this subject
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:46 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

your logic is not sound nor science or fact based... much like your alleged physical tests that you were scheduled to perform for the village people academy.

i have family in their early 20s and more fit and healthy that you have ever been that have contracted the virus more than once in a 6 month span.

I am really sorry to hear that. I assume that the "twice infected" in your family, they are picking up the variant.

https://newsroom.clevelandclinic.org/2021/06/09/cleveland-clinic-statement-on-previous-covid-19-infection-research/

Andrea Pacetti {l Wrote}:Cleveland Clinic recommends those who are eligible receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

In June, we shared research that provided insight into how the immune system protects the body after a confirmed COVID-19 infection. The study followed Cleveland Clinic caregivers over five months as the vaccination process was beginning. The data showed that the vaccine was extremely effective in preventing COVID-19 infection. In addition, during the study, none of the employees who had confirmed positive PCR tests and remained unvaccinated were re-infected. It’s important to note that this study was conducted in late 2020 and early 2021, before the emergence of the Delta variant.

The Cleveland Clinic caught hell from the media back in June when they released this. It was almost like the Cleveland clinic was BETRAYING the healthcare community reporting on this. And even with this statement, Andrea is trying to be as politically correct as humanly possible while at the same time, explaining the data and research that they did that concludes you aren't likely to be re-infected. Now they never said don't get vaccinated. And they make a point over-and-over saying get vaccinated. They just don't have any examples or evidence among their own staff of anyone getting covid twice, not even the people who were never vaccinated. And we are talking about a couple-thousand employees who had covid.

Real sorry about your family tre, honestly and sincerely. I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone. My mom just recovered from it last week and yes, she never had covid before and she was vaccinated months ago.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:49 pm

not likely is not equal to not possible.

as stated above, you should go and get your shinebox and stop posting on this topic.

and thank for the well wishes and all that but the reality is that health 20somethings that catch the disease don't really suffer much. lethargic and cold symptoms for a few days, but not much after that. he was bummed not to lose taste / smell this time because he had fun last time swigging vodka (gargling like mouthwash) without being able to feel or taste it. led to some epic hangovers, but he enjoyed it at the time
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:not likely is not equal to not possible.

as stated above, you should go and get your shinebox and stop posting on this topic.

and thank for the well wishes and all that but the reality is that health 20somethings that catch the disease don't really suffer much. lethargic and cold symptoms for a few days, but not much after that. he was bummed not to lose taste / smell this time because he had fun last time swigging vodka (gargling like mouthwash) without being able to feel or taste it. led to some epic hangovers, but he enjoyed it at the time

my mom still doesn't have her taste back yet. I'm sure she'll get it back. It took her 9 days to recover as she is very old. Took me 7 but I'm old and fat
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:48 pm

you haven't had taste in quite some time, olive garden the foodie
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you haven't had taste in quite some time, olive garden the foodie

word

Actually (lately) its been Longhorn steak house. Upgrade.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:17 pm

why, what do they offer that's bottomless?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:why, what do they offer that's bottomless?

waiters
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:why, what do they offer that's bottomless?

I don't know. I just like the 12 ounce rib eye.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:42 pm

do they at least flip it over so you can't see the marks from where the jockey was hitting it?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:52 pm

yes they do.

Its tough living in AZ sometimes, particularly for dining out. All we have is chains. That is unless you want Mexican food. That is authentic and unique and yummy.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:55 pm

I looked for the space.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:05 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:yes they do.

Its tough living in AZ sometimes, particularly for dining out. All we have is chains. That is unless you want Mexican food. That is authentic and unique and yummy.

Bullshit. There are wonderful restaurants in Phoenix,
Scottsdale and Tucson.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:27 pm

These jackasses couldn't have told us this before tickets went on sale?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:You had covid, unless you are an AIDS patient or a Cancer patient, you are not going to get it again. You are immune.

It is my understanding (from Tonto’s friends within the CDC) that fake COVID offers immunity to all variants.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:36 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Scottsdale and Tucson.

Really?

Name them.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:42 pm

arbys
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:40 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Scottsdale and Tucson.

Really?

Name them.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... izona.html
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:02 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Scottsdale and Tucson.

Really?

Name them.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... izona.html

I didn't ask you.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium