New NIL rules for NCAA

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New NIL rules for NCAA

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:56 pm

So what is the consensus impact to BC's headline sports - specifically Football and Basketball? From what I understand, the new rules don't allow schools to pay players but they allow the players to strike 3rd party deals for their Name, Image, and Likeness. Social Media payouts, endorsements, money from running camps, etc. Use of the school's name or logo is prohibited. Sounds like a gray area will be footwear and apparel deals that potentially compete with the schools' deals.

My guess is that this will benefit female athletes quite a bit so long as they're hawt and can pimp crap on Instagram. I'll be curious to see how the schools jump on this and which schools get a decisive advantage because of the new rules. My guess is that schools that actively participate in getting these kids paid will initially gain the advantage. TRE can't wait until Jurk starts doing Jockey commercials.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Re: New NIL rules for NCAA

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:20 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:So what is the consensus impact to BC's headline sports - specifically Football and Basketball? From what I understand, the new rules don't allow schools to pay players but they allow the players to strike 3rd party deals for their Name, Image, and Likeness. Social Media payouts, endorsements, money from running camps, etc. Use of the school's name or logo is prohibited. Sounds like a gray area will be footwear and apparel deals that potentially compete with the schools' deals.

My guess is that this will benefit female athletes quite a bit so long as they're hawt and can pimp crap on Instagram. I'll be curious to see how the schools jump on this and which schools get a decisive advantage because of the new rules. My guess is that schools that actively participate in getting these kids paid will initially gain the advantage. TRE can't wait until Jurk starts doing Jockey commercials.

I don't know how this iteration of the rules will play out, but do think this combined with the expanded playoff will lead to a breakaway situation where the power programs become clubs and pay players. They have to breakaway to get around title 9 or take a case against title 9 to the supreme court.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:25 pm

From a BC perspective, it means almost nothing. The rule would've helped Doug Flutie, but only marginally helped Matt Ryan. At the end of the day, only the elite names would have any chance of seeing real money. It will do nothing for the run-of-the-mill player. While players in schools in the middle of nowhere will have more opportunity to get a couple of grand from the local car dealership, you can argue that schools further down the pecking order will have a better chance to convince someone to be a Big Fish in a Small Pond.

On an aside, the NCAA is a joke and should go back to what it was meant to do... facilitating the amateur athletics. Once they began to chase the bag, they created more problems than they fixed. Let those schools who want to operate minor league sports do so and just focus on those sports where there is no money.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:37 pm

Given his post-BC working life, Ohliger would've done well.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:11 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Given his post-BC working life, Ohliger would've done well.

:popcorn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:08 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Given his post-BC working life, Ohliger would've done well.

:popcorn

because his kicking was like the fyre festival? nonexistent
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:15 pm

There's going to be some amusement when a choice few obnoxious female athletes learn what their commercial value is in a free market.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:51 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:There's going to be some amusement when a choice few obnoxious female athletes learn what their commercial value is in a free market.

They say the LSU gymnast will make more money than anyone else. She’s got something like 4 million followers which translates to serious money just from TikTok alone… I’ve heard rumors that 1+ million followers is about a 100k dollars per month in revenue if you post fairly frequently.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:19 pm

This new NIL law is what will send BC to the land of Holy Cross and Lehigh faster than anything else. Texas, for example, has hit the ground running, establishing university liaisons to assist student athletes to get NIL opportunities. Already they are doing car dealership ads, steak house ads, even softball players like Lauren Burke are doing modeling. I saw her today on Barstool, even, promoting herself. Texas and other bi**ums are embracing the new NIL law and will turn it to their advantage, telling recruits that the NIL opportunities and support for NIL at Austin is unmatched anywhere else.

In the meantime, while this is going on in Austin, BC's latest Lindstrom was on Fat Guy and Durham on ACC TV this morning and when asked about NIL said, "Oh yeah, we had a meeting about that last week."
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:07 pm

Turo. Stick to it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Turo. Stick to it.

We may have our differences but I'm glad to see you're OK. Someone said Campion told them that you had taken a Turo in that Florida condo building. I didn't know what to believe.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:34 pm

lnnocent Bystander {l Wrote}:

We may have our differences but I'm glad to see you're OK. Someone said Campion told them that you had taken a Turo in that Florida condo building. I didn't know what to believe.

Weak shtick.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:35 pm

Glad to hear campion made his 80s however.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:59 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:There's going to be some amusement when a choice few obnoxious female athletes learn what their commercial value is in a free market.

They say the LSU gymnast will make more money than anyone else. She’s got something like 4 million followers which translates to serious money just from TikTok alone… I’ve heard rumors that 1+ million followers is about a 100k dollars per month in revenue if you post fairly frequently.

I do not TikTok so Googled "LSU gymnast" to discover Olivia Dunne and was left nonplussed as to why she would have 4m followers. Maybe Hansen can explain?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Weak shtick.

That weak shtick seems to have slid nicely right up your arse.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Weak shtick.

That weak shtick seems to have slid nicely right up your arse.

Yeah, that's probably it, Space.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Weak shtick.

not going to lie thought it was nospace
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:32 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Weak shtick.

I fell for the first one. Hand always gets overplayed thereafter.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:33 am

Plus no space has me foed or whatever he calls it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Plus no space has me foed or whatever he calls it.

bozo filter
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Weak shtick.

I fell for the first one. Hand always gets overplayed thereafter.

I only feel the need to stick it up your arse once. When I decide to give you a thorough and repeated rogering for an entire thread you'll be the last to know.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:55 pm

Cool.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:54 pm

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:32 pm

Eastern Clothing of Watertown needs to step up.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:40 pm

$500 per month to run promotions and being online ambassadors is a pretty significant paycut from what previous Cane players made for doing nothing.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:54 pm

The market will correct itself.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:32 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The market will correct itself.

It will correct itself by public shaming via Twitter. The misogynistic gym, American Top Team, has not made a similar offer to 90 female U athletes. This blatantly sexist move further exacerbates the gender wage gap. Where are the Title IX lawsuits???
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:29 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

It will correct itself by public shaming via Twitter. The misogynistic gym, American Top Team, has not made a similar offer to 90 female U athletes. This blatantly sexist move further exacerbates the gender wage gap.

That will work in many parts of the country (not the South) and against many companies (not a local MMA club).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

It will correct itself by public shaming via Twitter. The misogynistic gym, American Top Team, has not made a similar offer to 90 female U athletes. This blatantly sexist move further exacerbates the gender wage gap. Where are the Title IX lawsuits???

Nothing in any of this post makes sense.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:23 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Nothing in any of this post makes sense.

That’s because there is an inverse correlation between wokeness and understanding.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium