New Years Bowl Games Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New Years Bowl Games Thread

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:26 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Is Pyne the Irish QB of the future? If so, that's a huge drop off.

maybe not, they just got a grad transfer from wisconsin Jack Coan. started in '19 suffered injury in preseason '20
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:58 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:35 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I'm waiting for Rosenthal to weigh in on the Fighting AngryDick's performance yesterday.

Sorry, was in Captiva enjoying a mixed bag of SW Florida weather. I expected Notre Dame to lose, so I was not particularly upset with the outcome and very much enjoyed the cover.

In terms of my assessment of Notre Dame, it is pretty much in line with what McShay said at the end of the game and has further stated in interviews since then. Notre Dame has improved enormously since there appearance in the 2012 BCS Championship (although the irony is that if Kansas State doesn't shit the bed against Baylor and Oregon doesn't shank the FG against Stanford, there is a better than 50% chance that deeply flawed Notre Dame team beats one of those two teams for the MNC while one-loss Bama is relegated to pounding the crap out of someone in the Sugar Bowl). Notre Dame can now match up from an interior perspective with Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson (O-line/TEs and front seven) which was not the case at all in 2012 (the gap was closing in 2018, but not all the way there). The problem is that there is still a gaping chasm in terms of WRs, DBs and QBs (Notre Dame has done pretty well with RBs). Notre Dame occasionally fields an elite college DB or WR (Kyle Hamilton, Julian Love, Miles Boykin or Chase Claypool), but with the exception of Hamilton, all of the aforementioned guys were 3 stars who exceeded expectations and they have missed badly on elite recruits in those positions. The DB situation was allegedly a product of Todd Lyght being a good teacher but a horrible recruiter. It will be interesting to see if Mike Mickens can substantially improve the recruiting without a dramatic fall of in development. The early verdict is not great as the 2021 class for DBs is chock full of 3 stars, with one 4 star and zero 5 stars. A lot of criticism has been leveled at WR Coach Del Alexander both for recruiting and development. They landed a couple of 4 stars this class--Lorenzo Styles was a big win over in-state tOSU--but they whiffed on a couple of 5 star targets and some guys who were 4 stars coming in a couple of years ago have not lived up to expectations (Kevin Austin and Braden Lenzy). QB is probably the biggest hurdle, as every QB Notre Dame has had has regressed under Kelly and the only QBs who have been able to start over multiple years during the Kelly era were extremely limited 3 star players--Book and Rees--while the list of highly regarded 4 star and 5 star recruits who fell apart under Kelly's tutelage is lengthy (Crist, Kiel, Zaire, Wimbush, Kizer, Jurk). Tyler Buchner is allegedly the best QB Kelly has landed (although Kiel was a consensus 5 star, so I am not sure how Buchner--a high 4 star--can be better). It will be interesting to see if he develops.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:35 pm

This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.

it appears oral fun got his order of mo'j for christmas because oral fun appears to totally own him and a large percentage of the space in mo'js head that isn't filled with naked fantasies of the patron saint at this time
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.

it appears oral fun got his order of mo'j for christmas because oral fun appears to totally own him and a large percentage of the space in mo'js head that isn't filled with naked fantasies of the patron saint at this time

Not really. Funishment was a make the board suck alias that served its purpose in the Election thread. It really doesn't work anywhere post-Election Day 2020. The fact that it desperately tries to unjump the shark on every topic is sad. The proliferation of the sad annoyance warranted my first and only blocking. My signature serves as a PSA for anyone who is similarly sick of rolling their eyes.

All that said, I don't know what my blocking or my signature has to do with Catholicism.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:04 pm

oral fun has been the same shtick since he put up the reverend al as his avatar all those years ago... i guess you are just noticing it now because he's addressing you directly and disagreeing with your musings (which is difficult since it requires sitting on both sides of an argument).

i will say that i do miss the oralfun poster that was to oral fun's terrible musing what i b was to nospace...

and bonus points for the catholocism line. that legit made me chuckle out loud a little
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:36 pm

HJS simply cannot countenance anyone saying anything negative about his golden boy. It's the same character flaw Epstein displays whenever anyone says anything positive about Max Richardson or (God forbid) Lonnie Jackson.

The great joy of the HJS experience, as we all know, is that if 2-3 years from now it turns out that Hafley is not the savior he is portrayed to be on this board, HJS will be inevitably be found patting himself on the back for being the first one to notice all the warning signs.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:oral fun has been the same shtick since he put up the reverend al as his avatar all those years ago... i guess you are just noticing it now because he's addressing you directly and disagreeing with your musings (which is difficult since it requires sitting on both sides of an argument).

i will say that i do miss the oralfun poster that was to oral fun's terrible musing what i b was to nospace...

and bonus points for the catholocism line. that legit made me chuckle out loud a little

I’m unaware of any time Funishment addressed me directly. I don’t have many sacred cows that are beyond reproach that prompt reflexive agitated rebuttals.

In the (distant) past, there were actually times that I agreed with the faux criticisms or faux support. When done well, it is like sports talk radio where they bring up a somewhat-extreme position that can be defended in a nuanced way. When done poorly, it is Boston sports radio (or MSNBC) where people just say so much stupid shit that you have to change the station because you get dumber through osmosis. Sadly, Funishment has devolved to the point of the latter. And, it’s proliferation on every topic has wreaked of desperation.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:58 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:HJS simply cannot get past his sexual attraction to me. If he wants to bang, I'm up for it; I just want to make sure it is clear that I am the bottom.

just doing my duty to make sure bozo filterers can see what the bozos are saying about them
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:07 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:HJS simply cannot get past his sexual attraction to me. If he wants to bang, I'm up for it; I just want to make sure it is clear that I am the bottom.

just doing my duty to make sure bozo filterers can see what the bozos are saying about them

The savvy reader of Eagle Outsider will know that this is an inaccurate quote!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

The savvy reader of Eagle Outsider will know that this is an accurate quote!

especially hjs
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:52 pm

You guys take the fun out of Funishment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:You guys take the fun out of Funishment.

I called him oral fun... but that was more for Hansen and huang
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium