2021 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 BC Football

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:22 am

Meatbaum just posted that there are 9 true freshman on the first depth chart of the year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:17 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
nospace {l Wrote}:Yes its been many many years since I have been there, more than a decade, maybe more than 2 decades. The last game I attended was in Southern California.

You mean the time claver was texting you and you tailgated with the Rettigs?

It wasn't claver. It was whoever commavegarage is. Its just that he called himself claver. And he kept jokingly referring to Megan McArdle for some reason. I assume I had just posted one of her articles that week or something.

Yes I was with the Rettig's and the Amidon's. One of Alex Amidon's parents was British, that I remember. We all went over to other side of this gigantic stadium greet the team when the buses arrived at about 10 AM.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:23 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Meatbaum just posted that there are 9 true freshman on the first depth chart of the year.

https://bceagles.com/documents/2021/8/30/Colgate21.pdf
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:07 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:37 am

Is it possible that our D will be just as bad this year as last? I don’t see where the improvement is coming from among the front 7
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:45 am

tailgater94 {l Wrote}:Is it possible that our D will be just as bad this year as last? I don’t see where the improvement is coming from among the front 7

You don't see it because it isn't there. The secondary will be great. But, unless the staff performed miracles in the off-season, the front 7 is the Achilles Heel of this team.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:52 am

tailgater94 {l Wrote}:Is it possible that our D will be just as bad this year as last? I don’t see where the improvement is coming from among the front 7

I would say it is likely that they will be just as bad or worse than last year. We just wont know how bad they will be until Mizzou (which could turn into a Purdue or Kansas game of not so long ago.)

This defense stops Colgate. In fact, the defense will look fantastic for the first three games. For the first three games combined, a reasonable total O/U for points surrendered by this defense is 28. That seems about right. Thereafter, 28 points surrendered should be the O/U for each and every game. These are shitty players Addazio recruited because the Daz just could not sell.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

You don't see it because it isn't there. The secondary will be great. But, unless the staff performed miracles in the off-season, the front 7 is the Achilles Heel of this team.

LBs will be more than adequate… DL will a struggle. Maybe we should switch to a base 3-4.
* I’m not serious,

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:40 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

LBs will be more than adequate… DL will a struggle. Maybe we should switch to a base 3-4.
* I’m not serious,

I'm glad you are not serious. Linebacker was the only thing even remotely decent about last year's defense. They are both in the NFL this year.

Its over. If BC wins ACC games, it will be Stan Humphries San Diego Chargers/1980s BYU style.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:09 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

* I’m not serious,

I'm glad you are not serious. Linebacker was the only thing even remotely decent about last year's defense. They are both in the NFL this year.

Its over. If BC wins ACC games, it will be Stan Humphries San Diego Chargers/1980s BYU style.

Our LB corps had inflated tackle stats because our DL allowed so many runs right through them. I don’t think we’ll see a talent drop off at LB, and with someone like Steele in the mix you could get breakout production. The DL (and probably just the scheme) needs to generate pressure or we are in serious trouble. As usual, the X factor is turnover production.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Meatbaum just posted that there are 9 true freshman on the first depth chart of the year.

https://bceagles.com/documents/2021/8/30/Colgate21.pdf

Are Ethon Williams and Spencer Witter hurt?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:29 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

* I’m not serious,

The LB play last year wasn't good at all.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:44 pm

I'm happy for Ezeiruaku but if a true freshman converted LB is the 3rd best DE on the team, there's a problem.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:47 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'm happy for Ezeiruaku but if a true freshman converted LB is the 3rd best DE on the team, there's a problem.

Yes, we are in very bad shape at DL, but Ezeiruaku was in fact recruited to be a DE. What I do not understand is why the UMass kid (is he even on scholarship?) is the best we could do in The Portal.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:48 pm

It wasn't claver. It was whoever commavegarage is. Its just that he called himself claver. And he kept jokingly referring to Megan McArdle for some reason. I assume I had just posted one of her articles that week or something.

I'll be seeing CAG before the game Saturday (for sex, of course) and I'm going to ask him if this is true.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:49 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'm happy for Ezeiruaku but if a true freshman converted LB is the 3rd best DE on the team, there's a problem.

Yes, we are in very bad shape at DL, but Ezeiruaku was in fact recruited to be a DE. What I do not understand is why the UMass kid (is he even on scholarship?) is the best we could do in The Portal.

Didn't know that, was just going off his 247 page. That's somewhat encouraging.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:42 pm

I'll be seeing CAG before the game Saturday (for sex, of course) and I'm going to ask him if this is true.

ask him why he does not post here anymore either. my early money is on his heartbreak over braylon edwards not really being all that good as was originally suggested
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:03 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

ask him why he does not post here anymore either. my early money is on his heartbreak over braylon edwards not really being all that good as was originally suggested

Ah memories.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:44 am

i am coming back vinnybluetomato style

things got busy and i got disinterested by daz. very excited for this season

i have no idea what ib is referring to.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

that's because i think he is confusing you with cville eagle and his aid, but that's not really for me to say.

your reason for departing is really more dominoj than vinny, but point taken
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:26 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

:bullshit

I can understand you forgetting this alias since you have so many of them. Anyway, I am too lazy to properly format our exchange. Everything in red, you (or I should say, your alias) wrote.

innocentbystander wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
Subject: Question about USC away game tickets

commavegarage wrote:
also im gonna have a pretty big tailgate that day (most of my old bc roomates are from la)...any and all will be welcome - message me as we get closer for details

and ib - if you dont show up you might as well never show your face on the board again bc this is your one chance to prove you are real

just give me a call right now, 602-555-1212

At work so cant but see my message - lets circle back end of june early july. what are your tailgating plans?

I don't have anything organized yet for a tailgate. That said, I think it is a moral imperative to have one or attend one. I'll get up at 3AM and drive for 6 hours from Scottsdale to Compton to go to a tailgate, I don't care. I am going to assume that the USC tailgate golf-cart security nazis are not as nazi-esque as they are at Chestnut Hill.

81Eagle told me to get a hold of him late June early July about some luxury box tickets (maybe.)

Sounds good - ill probably be sitting with the masses for that one but there will def be some EO'ers at my tailgate - i know a good few beyond the board (so it wont be weird)

do you have a tailgate pass at the stadium? can I get a "pass?" or do i have to donate $5000 to USC (BC-Flynn-Fund style?) can I park elsewhere and "walk" to your tailgate? Do you know the rules?

i dont really know the rules - im being told whats going on by one of my old roommates - half of my old 12 were from LA and the one leading the charge goes to USC medical so hes taking care of it - dont have many details just know its gonna happen

i just talked to 81 eagle. he is goingto the game but (unfortunately) it is going to be a family event for him (his wife and a friend of his and his friend's wife) so I don't want to be a 5th wheel. I'd like to hang with you guys for the game if that is at all possible. But given that, should EO be buying some tickets "in bulk" or whatever so we aren't all scattered thoughtout the stands?

im probably going to be sitting with non eo'ers (but tailgating with them before) but over the next couple of weeks eo'ers will be telling me if they are/arent going...once i get confirms ill start a group PM

I just bought my ticket. I'll see you in the parking lot.

I'll stop and pick up a case of beer for everyone. Or if it would be better, food?

perfect. will get you the details as i get them...and as i get a better sense of who here will be going

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You see I showed up, I was real, you texted me at the game, and you said you were Claver. It was you. You had my phone number and I called you in April or May and we spoke briefly.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:51 pm

Unlike the board mods, IB has the balls to show us the chat logs.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:18 pm

Got it. Apologies for not remembering our exchange nine years ago.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:46 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Got it. Apologies for not remembering our exchange nine years ago.

Forgiven. :)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:11 pm

Jurk had surgery on his right hand/wrist today.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:20 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Jurk had surgery on his right hand/wrist today.

Photo on twitter and instagram. Good news is that means he and Haf are back next year right?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Jurk had surgery on his right hand/wrist today.

Any insider info here or did you just see the photo of his cast on the instagram machine?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:29 pm

They'll be fine against Temple with Grosel back there, but the rest of the games (even Cuse/GT/FSU) will be tough. Not going to beat even average teams with his Ryan Fitzpatrick impressions.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:They'll be fine against Temple with Grosel back there, but the rest of the games (even Cuse/GT/FSU) will be tough. Not going to beat even average teams with his Ryan Fitzpatrick impressions.

piss off with that micro penis energy, it's 10-2 season... DENNY DIMES GONNA LEAD US TO THE PROMISED LAND

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:37 pm

hopefully we can get to 6-6 and qualify for a bowl (hip-hip-HOORAY, hip-hip-HOORAY, hip-hip-HOORAY)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium