2021 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 BC Football

Postby tallsy on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:07 pm

Given the ease of the schedule, this is a big year for Hafley. While the final record is obviously most important, the eye test will tell us more about whether Hafley can get it done here. Even with certain talent deficiencies, this team should be competitive in every game including Clemson. If all the games look like UNC, he will be a success here. OTOH, If we have shitty OL play and stupid personal fouls, we're getting shitty OL play and stupid personal fouls for the rest of his tenure.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:also an interview w tgosb

fucking claver - learn to post an embedded youtube. it's 2021 for christsakes
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:42 am

tyfys during this busy time of your year

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 am

i'm just upset it wasn't a regular link that i could turn into a meatbomb, truth be told
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2013CommAve on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:37 pm

Any ideas to what this was referring? Posted yesterday: https://twitter.com/BCEagles/status/1357062588006166528
2013CommAve
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:04 pm

2013CommAve {l Wrote}:Any ideas to what this was referring? Posted yesterday: https://twitter.com/BCEagles/status/1357062588006166528

Season tickets?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 2013CommAve on Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:46 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
2013CommAve {l Wrote}:Any ideas to what this was referring? Posted yesterday: https://twitter.com/BCEagles/status/1357062588006166528

Season tickets?

That appears to be the case. Makes it seem like we'll have fans this season at least.
2013CommAve
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:16 pm

considering we were the only school in the acc with an outdoor stadium without fans last year, you'd assume so but never underestimate the nanny state
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:00 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Hafley confirms that Chibuezze is back, Bequette is not

How about Barlow, Rayem and Carlson?

All three are back per AJ Black.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:27 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

why would that have been discussed at a nag hockey presser?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:41 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

why would that have been discussed at a nag hockey presser?

I know you were gone for a while but AJ doesn't write for BCWomensSportsAndCats-ruption anymore
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:03 am

where does he write and not get read now if it's not at the lady cat site?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:where does he write and not get read now if it's not at the lady cat site?

twitter machine?

p.s. he also has a podcast but obviously that does not count as writing
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:27 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:where does he write and not get read now if it's not at the lady cat site?

twitter machine?

What's Twitter?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

twitter machine?

He is at an SI affiliated blog.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:08 am

David Bailey in the Portal
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:27 am

not a shock, was really a better fit for the old system.

this offense does need another RB, levy, garwo, and the FR won't be enough
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:41 am

The timing as odd as they have been back for over a week. I was hoping his lack of use last season was do to him struggling to pick up the new offense.
Levy just does not bring much to the table and Garwo's pass protection was brutal.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:20 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:The timing as odd as they have been back for over a week. I was hoping his lack of use last season was do to him struggling to pick up the new offense.
Levy just does not bring much to the table and Garwo's pass protection was brutal.

Bailey was just as brutal blocking.

Pretty much said from jump street Bailey didn't fit this offense. Still doesn't fit. Garwo should be lead back.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:The timing as odd as they have been back for over a week. I was hoping his lack of use last season was do to him struggling to pick up the new offense.

Pretty much said from jump street Bailey didn't fit this offense. Still doesn't fit. Garwo should be lead back.

Bailey may not fit the offense, but his ability was so far above everyone else on the roster that he WAS the best for the offense. Essentially, we didn't have an equally-talented RB who was tailor-made for the offense. With the OLine returning and Jurk at QB... if I am a RB who can get out on the edge and catch, I couldn't think of a better place. Unfortunately, I don't think we have an answer on the roster (unless Coleman comes in game ready). Garwo could be fine... but he puts the ball on the ground way too often to justify lead back.

I think Bailey will play in the NFL. It is a shame that we couldn't adjust the offense to find a better role for him.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Bailey may not fit the offense, but his ability was so far above everyone else on the roster that he WAS the best for the offense. Essentially, we didn't have an equally-talented RB who was tailor-made for the offense. With the OLine returning and Jurk at QB... if I am a RB who can get out on the edge and catch, I couldn't think of a better place. Unfortunately, I don't think we have an answer on the roster (unless Coleman comes in game ready). Garwo could be fine... but he puts the ball on the ground way too often to justify lead back.

I think Bailey will play in the NFL. It is a shame that we couldn't adjust the offense to find a better role for him.

Hafley is in the portal looking for a lead RB.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:35 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:David Bailey in the Portal

As of now headed to CSU. Not yet official.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:36 pm

is it stockholm syndrome or is the gym teacher actually a good guy/coach?

my money is that bailey enjoys swedish meatballs
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:10 pm

I don’t think Daz was a bad person. I think he had notable/obvious flaws that prevented him from finding elite success. But, he wasn’t someone who was all bad. That someone was Spaz.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:58 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:is it stockholm syndrome or is the gym teacher actually a good guy/coach?

Worse comes to worse, Bailey gets a lot of carries and some nice cooking lessons from the Harvard guy.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I don’t think Daz was a bad person. I think he had notable/obvious flaws that prevented him from finding elite success. But, he wasn’t someone who was all bad. That someone was Spaz.

I think he had his haters and kool aid drinkers. But this makes sense for Bailey. He gets his old position coach and a head coach who will run him into the line 20 times a game. It can work for him. Look at his Syracuse game in 2019.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:59 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:is it stockholm syndrome or is the gym teacher actually a good guy/coach?

Worse comes to worse, Bailey gets a lot of carries and some nice cooking lessons from the Harvard guy.

David Bailey was much, MUCH more successful at tailback with Addazio as head coach. This year was a shitty year from him when they (and the running game) needed him the most. Obviously, Bailey wants out, wants to work with Addazio and not Hafley.

Bailey did not "Get in." He "Got out."
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Bailey was not close to the best back on last year's team in this offense or blocking scheme. He'll be fine behind Ground Chuck at CSU.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:13 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

David Bailey was much, MUCH more successful at tailback with Addazio as head coach. This year was a shitty year from him when they (and the running game) needed him the most. Obviously, Bailey wants out, wants to work with Addazio and not Hafley.

Bailey did not "Get in." He "Got out."

BC didnt need the type of running game Bailey provides. They need a one cut slasher that can run the stretch play and catch screens.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Bailey was not close to the best back on last year's team in this offense or blocking scheme. He'll be fine behind Ground Chuck at CSU.

Ok. So who were the much better backs the coaching staff failed to play more than Bailey?
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium