2021 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 BC Football

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:buquette is not returning

Where did you see this?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:51 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Where did you see this?

not on apple news, I’m guessing
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:22 am

Zion is returning
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:02 pm

Is this what Baum was referring to?
https://twitter.com/JasonBaumPR/status/ ... 6271432710
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:27 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Where did you see this?

not on apple news, I’m guessing

If you being a dick is your way of trying to fuck me, I’m sorry but I’m only interested in blonde women with big knockers.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Zion is returning

Hopefully not at LT
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:37 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Hopefully not at LT

He would have found very many takers in the transfer portal if he thought playing LT at BC was hurting his NFL prospects.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Hopefully not at LT

He would have found very many takers in the transfer portal if he thought playing LT at BC was hurting his NFL prospects.

He was one of the worst LTs I’ve ever seen at BC. Was also an awesome guard. He’s going to play in the NFL at guard.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:46 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Hopefully not at LT

He was one of the worst LTs I’ve ever seen at BC. Was also an awesome guard. He’s going to play in the NFL at guard.

What will they do as they move through offseason conditioning and get into spring practice? I also thought Johnson’s performance at LT to be substandard, and didn’t understand the shuffle. BC should always have a strong offensive line to lean upon. This line improved marginally over the course of the year from horrid to problematic.

Was this poor positional coaching? Was it lack of time to practice and get in sync? Or was it lack of talent?

I tend to agree with HJS that Appelbaum’s coaching left much to be desired, though it’s possible the lack of conditioning and practice time showed itself here. I don’t think it was a talent issue, though there should be more compelling evidence to see BC being best with Appelbaum’s Davidson recruit Johnson at LT.

We’re elevating team substantially, as well as positional versatility. I suspect many of the DB recruits will wind up being LBs or even DEs (of the 250 pound pass rusher type). But OL particularly lends itself to improving via the offseason conditioning program. O-Line rewards players who can execute and adapt on the fly, guys who recognize what they see and respond “instinctively” b/c productive film study. We should always be getting players who fit that mold as with good coaching they facilitate our beating the best opponents.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:23 pm

Barstool BC reporting Max Richardson to declare for the nfl draft

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Barstool BC reporting Max Richardson to declare for the nfl draft

Not news.
We are in a world of hurt at the LB position.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:45 pm

So how many new recruits can we bring in during the Feb signing period?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:53 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:So how many new recruits can we bring in during the Feb signing period?

We signed only 15 last year so the 2021 early enrollees can be counted in that class. My guess is that there aren’t many recruits still unsigned that would be worth signing. I expect them to mostly work the portal instead.

AJ had a list of 5 guys that I think would be a good fit for our positional needs: https://www.si.com/college/bostoncolleg ... al-targets

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:So how many new recruits can we bring in during the Feb signing period?

We signed only 15 last year so the 2021 early enrollees can be counted in that class. My guess is that there aren’t many recruits still unsigned that would be worth signing. I expect them to mostly work the portal instead.

AJ had a list of 5 guys that I think would be a good fit for our positional needs: https://www.si.com/college/bostoncolleg ... al-targets

I actually think it could be a benefit to have some space going into the spring and summer in the class. So many states are having a spring season that you are going to see some prospects that normally would’ve popped onto the radar their senior seasons and become priorities for schools show up onto the radar in the spring. Will be interesting to see if BC holds onto some spots for that exact opportunity.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:55 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Barstool BC reporting Max Richardson to declare for the nfl draft

Not news.

eh i think the FSU transfer slots there and assuming health (risky), i think that's a step up from both mcduffie and richardson. throw in the temple transfer, bryce steel, and some of the young kids step up i think we'll be alright

i'm more concerned about the front 4
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:50 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not news.

eh i think the FSU transfer slots there and assuming health (risky), i think that's a step up from both mcduffie and richardson. throw in the temple transfer, bryce steel, and some of the young kids step up i think we'll be alright

Smith was a big time recruit last year but never hear his name. Any word how he looked during camp/practice or did he play this season? These LBs were solid but really struggled this season especially with speed.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:33 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not news.

I really don’t think we’re losing a ton with Richardson and McDuffie. Announcers loved them because they made a lot of tackles
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:43 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not news.

I really don’t think we’re losing a ton with Richardson and McDuffie. Announcers loved them because they made a lot of tackles

I'm sure their backups are beter
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:29 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not news.

Richardson & McDuffie were our two best players on D. Were they Luke Kuechly? No, but he wouldn't have looked so great dodging DLs. Our returning LBs logged a total of 27 snaps in 2020 (Sparacio - 22, DeNucci - 5). Our other returning LBs (Theobald, DePalma, Davis, Smith) only played special teams or not at all. We have the Temple transfer and the FRs coming in but we could really use another transfer.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:03 pm

Zay is +2500 for Heisman at the offshore books
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:25 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not news.

Richardson & McDuffie were our two best players on D. Were they Luke Kuechly? No, but he wouldn't have looked so great dodging DLs. Our returning LBs logged a total of 27 snaps in 2020 (Sparacio - 22, DeNucci - 5). Our other returning LBs (Theobald, DePalma, Davis, Smith) only played special teams or not at all. We have the Temple transfer and the FRs coming in but we could really use another transfer.

BC's best defensive players were Sebastian and the 3 transfers.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:00 pm

think as season went on deberry was one of better as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:think as season went on deberry was one of better as well

Agreed. Thought the kid from Maryland was key when the defense played well though.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Zay is +2500 for Heisman at the offshore books

Just 25-to-1? Bah. That is a suckers bet. I got 300-to-1 for BC to win the national championship in March of 2007. And as it turned out, still a bad bet.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:11 pm

petrula coming back
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Petrula coming back

A wise decision and very good news.
Still waiting to hear from Levy, Rayem, Onwuka and Carlson.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not news.

They were nowhere near our best players on D. Lots of tackles 7 years downfield doesn’t equal good.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not news.

They were nowhere near our best players on D. Lots of tackles 7 years downfield doesn’t equal good.

They were doomed to make lots of tackles 7 yards downfield because we were playing a 4-2-5 all season. Good lord, how many times are you going to repeat yourself?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:08 am

Our LB also made a lot of tackles because the DL was very thin and middling to mediocre against the run (pairing with piss poor on pass rush). Lots of room for improvement next year, though I think we are going to need more portal help.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Khris Banks committed from transfer portal/Temple
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium