2021 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2021 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:53 am

Might as well get this started

Jake Byczko, DE out of umass (went to lawrence academy), transferred in. believe he has 1 year left. 3 year starter
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: 2021 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:51 am

There is a lot of unknown since everyone can return and the 2021 class has not signed yet. Petrula and Levy would be returning for a 5th year so hopefully they stay. It would be a 6th year for the others (7th for Bequtte, not sure about the 2 other DL transfers). Zion Johnson is playing in the SR Bowl so he is gone. Max Richardson came very close to declaring last year so have to think he will leave.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:31 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:There is a lot of unknown since everyone can return and the 2021 class has not signed yet. Petrula and Levy would be returning for a 5th year so hopefully they stay. It would be a 6th year for the others (7th for Bequtte, not sure about the 2 other DL transfers). Zion Johnson is playing in the SR Bowl so he is gone. Max Richardson came very close to declaring last year so have to think he will leave.

If Bequette decides to play another year wonder if he'll xfer back to Cal.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:41 am

Info re the UMass DLineman:

https://twitter.com/ZACHISGOD/status/13 ... 7798017028
"Solid player and good dude who’s fought through injuries a lot of his career. Has struggled to get pressure on the QB consistently. Needs to work on shedding blocks better. Don’t know how desperate BC is for D-Ends next season, but I’m sure he could see some snaps here or there."
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:45 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:There is a lot of unknown since everyone can return and the 2021 class has not signed yet. Petrula and Levy would be returning for a 5th year so hopefully they stay. It would be a 6th year for the others (7th for Bequtte, not sure about the 2 other DL transfers). Zion Johnson is playing in the SR Bowl so he is gone. Max Richardson came very close to declaring last year so have to think he will leave.

If Bequette decides to play another year wonder if he'll xfer back to Cal.

I'd like to see him stay here and see what he could do with a year in the weight room with matuz.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:29 pm

I've been looking at PFF this year to give me better insight than just my eyes as to what is going on.

That said, I would be OK with Petrula moving on. He's been consistently our lowest rated OL for a while. Possibly it is injury related, but he's never been a pass protector, and his run blocking scores on PFF peaked in his freshmen year. Figure we can get someone from the likes of Dirstine, Pyne or Trapilo to step in and ideally start proving themselves.

There are a number of defensive guys that have Sr or Gr next to their names that are amongst our highest rated players on the weak defense. Ideally some or most of those will come back. I am personally hoping that Haf can work some magic on the Defensive transfer circuit. Most of all we could use some Linebackers that take good angles and can shed blocks. McDuffie and Max were some of the lowest rated LBs in all of FBS on PFF. But I think we could also use a couple of massive, active DT's. It's been so long since we had DT's that are consistently a problem. Good offensive lines like Virginia Tech and Notre Dame consistently get to the second level against us, and then our LB's get blocked and can't shed it. Onwuka had moments. But he also wore down as the season went on (even though he got lots of rest). I believe our entire defense will be helped by actually training in the BC weight facilities all offseason. Not sure there are roster spots for transfers, but i know a lot of kids are hitting the portal.

FYI, the UMass transfer Byczko PFF grades don't indicate that he will be a big help.

PFF past scores were very accurate on the 2020 transfer contributions (Onwuka, Jones, Roberts, Bequette).
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:15 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:I've been looking at PFF this year to give me better insight than just my eyes as to what is going on.

That said, I would be OK with Petrula moving on. He's been consistently our lowest rated OL for a while. Possibly it is injury related, but he's never been a pass protector, and his run blocking scores on PFF peaked in his freshmen year. Figure we can get someone from the likes of Dirstine, Pyne or Trapilo to step in and ideally start proving themselves.

There are a number of defensive guys that have Sr or Gr next to their names that are amongst our highest rated players on the weak defense. Ideally some or most of those will come back. I am personally hoping that Haf can work some magic on the Defensive transfer circuit. Most of all we could use some Linebackers that take good angles and can shed blocks. McDuffie and Max were some of the lowest rated LBs in all of FBS on PFF. But I think we could also use a couple of massive, active DT's. It's been so long since we had DT's that are consistently a problem. Good offensive lines like Virginia Tech and Notre Dame consistently get to the second level against us, and then our LB's get blocked and can't shed it. Onwuka had moments. But he also wore down as the season went on (even though he got lots of rest). I believe our entire defense will be helped by actually training in the BC weight facilities all offseason. Not sure there are roster spots for transfers, but i know a lot of kids are hitting the portal.

FYI, the UMass transfer Byczko PFF grades don't indicate that he will be a big help.

PFF past scores were very accurate on the 2020 transfer contributions (Onwuka, Jones, Roberts, Bequette).

Petrula was moved from center after his freshman year. IIRC, when he was at center, the O-line performed much better than it had been before, and it seemed like it slipped after he moved to tackle. I think leaving him at center would have been the smart move, but Daz gonna Daz...
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Brandon Barlow will be returning next year.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:08 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:I've been looking at PFF this year to give me better insight than just my eyes as to what is going on.

I’m sorry but Petrula was about 10x better than Johnson. I am a believer in data but it takes watching one game of seeing Johnson on his knees and/or facing the QB every fucking snap to realize their metrics aren’t accurate.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:39 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Brandon Barlow will be returning next year.

Brandon B had a good year. Many of his sacks and tackles for loss were really timely and momentum shifters.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Jaiden Lars-Woodbey committed. Grad transfer from FSU, top 50 out of high school, very good early on in his career but missed a lot of time with injuries.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:37 pm

Keep workin' that transfer portal.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:39 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Jaiden Lars-Woodbey committed. Grad transfer from FSU, top 50 out of high school, very good early on in his career but missed a lot of time with injuries.

huge, need more speed on D
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:49 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Jaiden Lars-Woodbey committed. Grad transfer from FSU, top 50 out of high school, very good early on in his career but missed a lot of time with injuries.

Great get! How many years does he have left?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:55 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I don’t really understand with the Covid year but I believe he has at least 2.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:06 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby myles kennefick on Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 pm

I believe three but FWIW he's looking to play one year then go to the NFL.
myles kennefick
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:23 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

The 2020 season didn't count
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:04 pm

You know how Daz had a thing with TEs? Yeah. Looks like Jeff likes to run 24 DBs deep. It helps that they are talented though, nice pickup. If our front seven sucks, g’won ahead and just put one of these dudes at LB
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

The 2020 season didn't count

“I play to get two masters when I’m there,” Lars-Woodbey said. “I already have my under grad and plan to get masters in Urban Development and Real Estate. My parents had a big say in the decision as well and they really liked Boston College for me.

“I was comfortable with all my options but I love the fit as well. The plan for me is to be be on campus later this month to start getting acclimated and then I’ll obviously be ready to go for spring practice.

Lars-Woodbey said he has some big goals for himself coming in to the program.

“Football wise, I would love to be one and done," Lars-Woodbey said. "I want to go out and have a great season and give myself a chance to go to the NFL but if I need to stay for two years, I’m at a great place for it and can fulfill all my academic goals too.

"I’m just really excited and can’t wait to play football again. I’m thankful to Florida State for everything and it was tough to leave but at the same time, I had to do what I felt was best for me in the long and short term so I’m excited about where things are at for me now.”

Lars-Woodbey will have three years of eligibility going in to next season.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby durkcal on Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

I’m sorry but Petrula was about 10x better than Johnson. I am a believer in data but it takes watching one game of seeing Johnson on his knees and/or facing the QB every fucking snap to realize their metrics aren’t accurate.

Um.....Petrula is #64. He's easy to find. He's the guy standing upright and still. The guy watching the tape on PFF knows exactly where he is on every play.

It was a weak offensive line coming into this year. BC press people hyped the OLine because they couldn't hype Jurk, Zay and H Long with the lack of seeing them all play together in a more than sleepy offense.

Just take the L on the fact that you don't watch the games that closely.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:57 pm

How many changes will there be on the OLine?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:06 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

Um.....Petrula is #64. He's easy to find. He's the guy standing upright and still. The guy watching the tape on PFF knows exactly where he is on every play.

It was a weak offensive line coming into this year. BC press people hyped the OLine because they couldn't hype Jurk, Zay and H Long with the lack of seeing them all play together in a more than sleepy offense.

Stop. There is a lot of dumb in here.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:11 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

There was a lot of hype because of the retuning starters and depth and because we ran over so many teams last year.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:29 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

PFF is a good supplemental tool. Some people completely renounce it and that’s dumb. That being said, citing just PFF for analysis is like buying stock just looking at P/E ratios
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Aidan Livingston in the transfer portal
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Aidan Livingston in the transfer portal

Played in every game the past 2 years.
Maybe Daz is promising PT as something other than a LS?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:23 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Aidan Livingston in the transfer portal

Played in every game the past 2 years.
Maybe Daz is promising PT as something other than a LS?

or just a scholarship because BC did not
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:39 pm

At the risk of being insensitive, not sure it does BC or those 5th year kids much good coming back to play next season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:03 am

hunter long off to the draft
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John