2021 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 BC Football

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:15 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
i still think that stinks and look forward to mo'j talking about mr glass and how no qb would possibly come here until not only jurk has moved on to the nfl, but also until his legacy has cleared and bc is no longer considered "jurk college" like those that had to follow flutie and ryan and even foley to some extent.

Glenn Foley was a better college quarterback than Matt Ryan. There, I said it.

i don't disagree, but matt got more press than glenn - and i was referring to someone that would be fearful to back up jurk because of not being able to live up to the reputation left behind, much like crane and cesspool had to with ryan.

and my comment is mostly snark aimed at those that say we can't get a player to possibly come to campus because glass phil has displayed such a stranglehold on the position in the handful of games he was able to participate in before getting broken
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:29 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:when your qb cannot complete a pass beyond 10 yards it sort of limits what you can do as an offense

That's right. Grosel needed to hit at least a couple of those open bombs, and he didn't do it. Louisville was the abyss, a vulnerable defense that put 9 on the LoS and dared BC to beat them over the top.

I was a huge optimist this season before Jurkovec was hurt, and still had hoped Grosel could manage through the thin margin of error to give Jurkovec reason to come back in November. Obviously that hasn't worked out; HJS and others were right about Grosel's limitations being so damaging.

I don't go on BCInterruption much but saw this guy "BC Eaglekeeper" claiming Menard and Morehead are taking the first-team snaps in practice this week. Was he one of the EA Merrymen? He almost sounds like BC PR, but if in fact he's plugged in and reliable on facts then maybe it will be one/both of these two. Maybe a downfield package for Morehead and Menard otherwise? Who knows?

I heard that Menard and Moorehead got all of the 1st team reps at practice today. If Hafley was sticking with Grosel he would have said so. He has only decided to make a change at this point. Who it will be depends on how they preform in practice this week.

I'm going to say on the record I doubt that Grosel got demoted directly to 3rd string.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:39 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:if it's the same eaglekeeper that posts here - he's the one that demanded we fill in the corners to grow the number of empty seat in the stadium and suggested we add holograph machines to make the atmosphere more cool.

he may be connected to the program but i believe him to be a young person and therefore not a merryman

Thanks. It's really hard to remember who all the different :slapfight involve :) .
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:04 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
i still think that stinks and look forward to mo'j talking about mr glass and how no qb would possibly come here until not only jurk has moved on to the nfl, but also until his legacy has cleared and bc is no longer considered "jurk college" like those that had to follow flutie and ryan and even foley to some extent.

Glenn Foley was a better college quarterback than Matt Ryan. There, I said it.

i don't disagree, but matt got more press than glenn - and i was referring to someone that would be fearful to back up jurk because of not being able to live up to the reputation left behind, much like crane and cesspool had to with ryan.

and my comment is mostly snark aimed at those that say we can't get a player to possibly come to campus because glass phil has displayed such a stranglehold on the position in the handful of games he was able to participate in before getting broken

Oh, I know. As I said, I was just sayin'.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:if it's the same eaglekeeper that posts here - he's the one that demanded we fill in the corners to grow the number of empty seat in the stadium and suggested we add holograph machines to make the atmosphere more cool.

he may be connected to the program but i believe him to be a young person and therefore not a merryman

Thanks. It's really hard to remember who all the different :slapfight involve :) .

I always thought eaglekeeper was oj and thus, definitely a merryman.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

yes, but you also think it's a good idea to put your weener in the mouth of some scandinavian dude so we don't often rely on what you think, mr ship-righted
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

merrymen made we chuckle. :kudos to whomever started this
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:06 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

yes, but you also think it's a good idea to put your weener in the mouth of some scandinavian dude so we don't often rely on what you think, mr ship-righted

I never have hooked up with a dude.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:I think the deal with Hafley is that he vowed to be a positive guy. Which is what has always worked for him. Will help in recruiting, and retaining talent in the program. If he has vowed to go to battle with a guy, he would view it as a knee jerk decision to quickly turn about and go in another direction on flimsy evidence that results will be better. It's exactly the kind of move that he's probably witnessed as an assistant, and watched firsthand as the respect throughout the program evaporated. He's probably thinking that parents and players are watching how he handles this very carefully. Not saying sticking with Grosel is the right move, but I think it is who Hafley is. And it's not because he's older, or more experienced. It's because he made the commitment to him.

I do believe that Hafley makes the tough decisions in the offseason. And therefore, the fact that our offensive coaches are getting outcoached the last two weeks so badly, that is possibly going to show up in the offseason. As we all know, Clemson and Vrenables showed a way to shut down BC/Grosel. NC state and Louisville doubled and tripled down on it, and it worked out for them. Syracuse is clearly coming out with the same plan A. Of course, if we somehow some way complete two deep passes to Zay or another WR in the 1H, and get points on the back of it, this will change everything. I'm personally not guessing that happens. Even if we get it right in this game, the offensive woes will probably return in the following weeks. BC doesn't appear to be headed for 7 or 8 wins. And therefore Cignetti (maybe Gunnell and Dailey too) may be gone in the offseason. It's complicated because of the Jurk/Cignetti relationship. But Cignetti is showing Hafley that he isn't able to adjust and come up with fixes against the same game plan, when all that happened is he lost one player, and has NFL talent amongst the rest of the offense. Not impressive! Hafley is going to be here for longer than some feared, and he needs an OC that can adjust to tougher circumstances than this.

This is an absurd take. Cignetti came out against Clemson with the precise game plan to beat what they were doing. It was executed like shit. Not sure what you think he can call to fix having a DIII spread option QB.

This team is 0-3. That is a failure. Hafley is a first time head coach and the staff (outside Cignetti) are largely young and it is their first times in their roles. Mistakes will happen. What they learn from this mess is what matters.

The question is what is the actually failure that they should learn from. Was it not properly planning and developing depth at a crucial position that starts an injury-prone player? Was it waiting too long to move on from a starter that clearly wasn't performing? Was it failing to realize that a young player was more than capable? Was it not recreating a scheme to hide a players obvious deficiencies? Was it not buying enough bubble wrap for the starting QB? Or was it, as mircro would suggest, agreeing to take the transfer of a player so talented that he obliterates all attempts to find his replacement for a Chernobyl-like period?

Pretending that there isn't a problem or pretending that there was nothing they could do is about the only ways you could make this season worse.

I need a translation on this flaming hot take. I can't decipher how it is responsive to my post and whether it is for or against it. Little help.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:I think the deal with Hafley is that he vowed to be a positive guy. Which is what has always worked for him. Will help in recruiting, and retaining talent in the program. If he has vowed to go to battle with a guy, he would view it as a knee jerk decision to quickly turn about and go in another direction on flimsy evidence that results will be better. It's exactly the kind of move that he's probably witnessed as an assistant, and watched firsthand as the respect throughout the program evaporated. He's probably thinking that parents and players are watching how he handles this very carefully. Not saying sticking with Grosel is the right move, but I think it is who Hafley is. And it's not because he's older, or more experienced. It's because he made the commitment to him.

I do believe that Hafley makes the tough decisions in the offseason. And therefore, the fact that our offensive coaches are getting outcoached the last two weeks so badly, that is possibly going to show up in the offseason. As we all know, Clemson and Vrenables showed a way to shut down BC/Grosel. NC state and Louisville doubled and tripled down on it, and it worked out for them. Syracuse is clearly coming out with the same plan A. Of course, if we somehow some way complete two deep passes to Zay or another WR in the 1H, and get points on the back of it, this will change everything. I'm personally not guessing that happens. Even if we get it right in this game, the offensive woes will probably return in the following weeks. BC doesn't appear to be headed for 7 or 8 wins. And therefore Cignetti (maybe Gunnell and Dailey too) may be gone in the offseason. It's complicated because of the Jurk/Cignetti relationship. But Cignetti is showing Hafley that he isn't able to adjust and come up with fixes against the same game plan, when all that happened is he lost one player, and has NFL talent amongst the rest of the offense. Not impressive! Hafley is going to be here for longer than some feared, and he needs an OC that can adjust to tougher circumstances than this.

This is an absurd take. Cignetti came out against Clemson with the precise game plan to beat what they were doing. It was executed like shit. Not sure what you think he can call to fix having a DIII spread option QB.

This team is 0-3. That is a failure. Hafley is a first time head coach and the staff (outside Cignetti) are largely young and it is their first times in their roles. Mistakes will happen. What they learn from this mess is what matters.

The question is what is the actually failure that they should learn from. Was it not properly planning and developing depth at a crucial position that starts an injury-prone player? Was it waiting too long to move on from a starter that clearly wasn't performing? Was it failing to realize that a young player was more than capable? Was it not recreating a scheme to hide a players obvious deficiencies? Was it not buying enough bubble wrap for the starting QB? Or was it, as mircro would suggest, agreeing to take the transfer of a player so talented that he obliterates all attempts to find his replacement for a Chernobyl-like period?

Pretending that there isn't a problem or pretending that there was nothing they could do is about the only ways you could make this season worse.

I need a translation on this flaming hot take. I can't decipher how it is responsive to my post and whether it is for or against it. Little help.

That was the point.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:16 pm

The monkeys on typewriters that HJS hired to write his Jurk fan fiction novel have completely run out of ideas, but HJS won't let them stop typing so the quality of the text is in steady decline.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:37 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Its a very old term - 1999? 2000? Whatever it is skipped a generation somehow and jumped from the pantloads at EA (Mission ACComplished!) to tubasteakrruption.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:44 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Its a very old term - 1999? 2000? Whatever it is skipped a generation somehow and jumped from the pantloads at EA (Mission ACComplished!) to tubasteakrruption.

The generation that was supposed skipped were semifans.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

The generation that was supposed skipped were semifans.

So we span generations here? I guess claver's a millenial. Do recruits still read these boards?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:55 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That was the point.

Thanks. Wish I could translate that well.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:24 pm

I wasn’t really responding to your point (though I agreed with it).

I took durkal’s post as trying to assign blame on playcalling. I don’t know where it lies. I do not think it is with Cignetti for repeatedly calling plays that should be TDs. I think it’s either that they ignored the position because Glass would never break or they woefully misjudged Grosel and the other 3.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:25 pm

Thoughts now that the season is over:
- I do not agree with the posters that claim JH could have brought in a stud transfer QB to backup Jurk. Also, I do not know what happen but DG was much better last season. We now know why Moorehead didn't start today and I hear the other 2 QBs are terrible.

- Even with Jurk, the only loss that defiantly would have been a win was Clemson.

- Our two weakest positions looking forward to this season were LB & DL. JH brought in IGM who is ok, but how can you not bring in transfer DTs and DEs who can start on this abominable DL. A transfer from UMass (not even sure he is on scholarship) is the best we could do at DE? WTF!

- The recruits aren't as good as many of us thought. Everyone of them came an inch or two shorter (maybe that is not the staff's fault because of wu-flu) and with the lack of talent on this team you would have thought more have them would be contributing.

- Injuries have really cost us this year, and not just Jurk.

- Applebaum needs to go. This was supposed to be one of the best OLs in the country and they have been terrible two years in a-row and the amount of false starts is disgraceful.

- The Bailey for Sinkfield trade has really worked out well. This is on Cignetti. I have seen enough of him.

- Was hoping for more from Woodbey.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:53 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Thoughts

I stopped there.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I stopped there.

Why?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:21 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I stopped there.

Why?

Reading compressions skills, he gets a headache.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:30 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Thoughts now that the season is over:
- I do not agree with the posters that claim JH could have brought in a stud transfer QB to backup Jurk. Also, I do not know what happen but DG was much better last season. We now know why Moorehead didn't start today and I hear the other 2 QBs are terrible.

- Even with Jurk, the only loss that defiantly would have been a win was Clemson.

- Our two weakest positions looking forward to this season were LB & DL. JH brought in IGM who is ok, but how can you not bring in transfer DTs and DEs who can start on this abominable DL. A transfer from UMass (not even sure he is on scholarship) is the best we could do at DE? WTF!

- The recruits aren't as good as many of us thought. Everyone of them came an inch or two shorter (maybe that is not the staff's fault because of wu-flu) and with the lack of talent on this team you would have thought more have them would be contributing.

- Injuries have really cost us this year, and not just Jurk.

- Applebaum needs to go. This was supposed to be one of the best OLs in the country and they have been terrible two years in a-row and the amount of false starts is disgraceful.

- The Bailey for Sinkfield trade has really worked out well. This is on Cignetti. I have seen enough of him.

- Was hoping for more from Woodbey.

Never going to find out if the freshman are any good if we don’t play them. Playing Thompson > Burton makes no sense to me
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:47 pm

How do you know Burton is better than Thompson?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:36 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I stopped there.

Why?

With Jurk, this team is undefeated. Dipshits start watching high school QB play and pretend there are other problems.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:36 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:How do you know Burton is better than Thompson?

Eyes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Eyes.

How may times did Burton play?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I stopped there.

Why?

With Jurk, this team is undefeated. Dipshits start watching high school QB play and pretend there are other problems.

Was Morehead's hairband again the reason the center snapped the ball to a different county? Are we still playing this game?

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:19 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Eyes.

How may times did Burton play?

Enough. He played on the outside and they didn't target him like John Thompson III
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:20 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I stopped there.

Why?

Was Morehead's hairband again the reason the center snapped the ball to a different county? Are we still playing this game?

Probably
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I stopped there.

Why?

With Jurk, this team is undefeated.

Not the way the rest of the team played against NCST.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:49 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I stopped there.

Why?

With Jurk, this team is undefeated.

Not the way the rest of the team played against NCST.

Meh. Lack of a QB impacts the way the rest of the game goes. I get frustrated desire to blame everyone, but it is misplaced.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium