2021 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:47 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The Jurk Watch was very much a thing before he got hurt, especially in the 2nd half of the FSU game. I imagine it would have been at a frothy pitch during Toledo, but he was hurt and most aren't as obsessed with him as you and Funishment appear to be. Anyway, you got your wish, it's Grossel's team now. I couldn't be more excited for some solid Ivy League level QB-ing.

This. ND fans are certain he'd be healthy at ND.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby tailgater94 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:21 pm

Ivy-league level QBing, running backs that lack breakaway speed, and a D that will probably get gashed vs real competition
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The Jurk Watch was very much a thing before he got hurt, especially in the 2nd half of the FSU game. I imagine it would have been at a frothy pitch during Toledo, but he was hurt and most aren't as obsessed with him as you and Funishment appear to be. Anyway, you got your wish, it's Grossel's team now. I couldn't be more excited for some solid Ivy League level QB-ing.

This. ND fans are certain he'd be healthy at ND.

Speaking of which, in hindsight, it looks like we would have been better off never trading Jurk for AB.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:44 am

It’s funny that a guy named Jurk has cock-blocked this program so badly that Dennis Grosel gets snaps.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:24 pm

The best thing about Grosel is that he throws such a terrible ball that DBs have a hard time intercepting when thrown directly at them.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm

fully admitting i'll regret this post, but looks like we have a kicker
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It’s funny that a guy named Jurk has cock-blocked this program so badly that Dennis Grosel gets snaps.

Most people have agendas. HJS has psychoses!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It’s funny that a guy named Jurk has cock-blocked this program so badly that Dennis Grosel gets snaps.

The running game and the offensive line need to be so dominant and overpowering, that the team is never put into a situation where they need to depend on Grosel to do something at the end to win the game. That is expecting too much of him. The success or failure of this team (over the ACC schedule) is entirely predicated on how well the offensive line continues to dominate opponents. If they put 7 or 8 in the box, then ask Grosel to step up a bit and he should have an easy time finding someone open to dump a quick pass. But even if they stick 7 or 8 in the box, they can't cover every inch of the line of scrimmage and the o-line should find a way to make a hole.

The holes in the line of scrimmage today were huge. I could have run through them. They were that big. And Mizzou had 7 in the box (quite often.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:49 pm

Based on the results of today I highly doubt BC will be ranked.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:03 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:The best thing about Grosel is that he throws such a terrible ball that DBs have a hard time intercepting when thrown directly at them.

80% of his throws are late. A more athletic D will have 3 INTs easily.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:15 pm

I am the biggest anti Grosel guy, but he was fine today and several throws were pretty sweet. He's not a good QB, but he was more than acceptable today.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I am the biggest anti Grosel guy, but he was fine today and several throws were pretty sweet. He's not a good QB, but he was more than acceptable today.

I’d argue he’s good enough. I mean with this OL and embarrassment of riches at the skill positions all He really needs to do is get the ball to them and let them make plays. I expect he’ll get significantly better as the year goes on… he’s had like what? 2 weeks of starter snaps? He can’t throw a good deep ball (lack of arm strength?) but I think the rest of his game is sufficient or correctable so that he won’t be a deterrent going Forward.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I am the biggest anti Grosel guy, but he was fine today and several throws were pretty sweet. He's not a good QB, but he was more than acceptable today.

I’d argue he’s good enough. I mean with this OL and embarrassment of riches at the skill positions all He really needs to do is get the ball to them and let them make plays. I expect he’ll get significantly better as the year goes on… he’s had like what? 2 weeks of starter snaps? He can’t throw a good deep ball (lack of arm strength?) but I think the rest of his game is sufficient or correctable so that he won’t be a deterrent going Forward.

Eh, live you can see he is always late on his throws, and he forced several because he doesn't look to secondary reads. On time he almost got picked when he had a far shorter throw to Flowers that he had tons of YAC to be had. You can't see it on TV, Grosel is not good. That said he had a couple nice throws and didn't need to do much. The TD in OT was an excellent throw, one of 4 or 5.

He started 8 games over the last 2 years. Stop pretending a 7th year senior has tons of room to grow. He's the Palmer of the offense.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:37 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Eh, live you can see he is always late on his throws, and he forced several because he doesn't look to secondary reads. On time he almost got picked when he had a far shorter throw to Flowers that he had tons of YAC to be had. You can't see it on TV, Grosel is not good. That said he had a couple nice throws and didn't need to do much. The TD in OT was an excellent throw, one of 4 or 5.

He started 8 games over the last 2 years. Stop pretending a 7th year senior has tons of room to grow. He's the Palmer of the offense.

correct.

going to need the OL to continue pushing people around, mizzou had 8 in the box and we were still able to run the ball well.

disappointing outing from cj as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:05 am

Well well well the rest of the way should be interesting with Clemson, NC St. Wake , Louisville GT, and VT still to come. Who really, really knows what to expect ? I can’ t predict how these guys might play week to week. Will the defense improve as the season progresses? Does BC have enough to win shootouts? What happened to the secondary which was supposed to be a strength? Do they have enough offensive balance to dominate time of possession when they need to? Who exactly are awake, Clemson, GT, Louisville? Regardless, it should be fun, albeit at times hair raising experience.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:28 pm

With Hafley they could go 6-2 in their last 8 games. I’m hoping for at least 4-4 and a trip to the Holiday Bowl.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:39 am

I haven’t been paying attention but surprised we don’t have any other qbs on the roster.

Clemsons offense looks bad but they still got guys going to the NFL on D galore. If they don’t check out now that they are likely out of the playoff hunt, I think Grosel is gonna have a bad time based on all the things teddy mentioned.

But he plus our running game can still give us enough to win just about every other game on the schedule.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:41 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:02 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:#2 oline in the country

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1443932095936610322

And look who #5 is? BC's frosh defensive line held them to 88 yards rushing on 23 carries.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:13 am

do we know that Jerk is out all season?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:40 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:do we know that Jerk is out all season?

2001- Don't be a jerk. His name is Jurk, not Jerk. In the same way that it is Shittah, not Shitter. And yes, from all I can see Jurk is out for the season.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:05 am

lnnocent Bystander {l Wrote}:

2001- Don't be a jerk. His name is Jurk, not Jerk. In the same way that it is Shittah, not Shitter. And yes, from all I can see Jurk is out for the season.

Auto correct douche
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:19 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Auto correct douche

he's a sock puppet. please disregard
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:01 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Auto correct douche

whereas this one is a real poster - please disregard

the reports that i have read have listed phillip the glass as "doubtful" for the season... so while there is a chance, i don't think i would count on it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Auto correct douche

the reports that i have read have listed phillip the glass as "doubtful" for the season... so while there is a chance, i don't think i would count on it

He is 100% out through the WF game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:28 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Auto correct douche

Thx Domingo
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:10 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Thx Domingo

Did Hafley say that in one of his press conferences, or Jurkovec or someone else with the team tweet that or say it to a reporter? Asking because I've heard Temple's play-by-play announcer carelessly say Jurkovec was "out for the season", which at that point had not been determined. Wake is 11 weeks past the UMass game and 10.5 weeks past surgery. Likely still too soon, but I would think that depends on what they see at the (likely) 6 week checkup.

In other words, I'm not taking it seriously if Blaudschun or some joker is the source because he says "Yeah <sniffle> <snort>, Jurkovec's out for the season <cough>. Why the hell are you wearing your mask?"
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:32 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Thx Domingo

Did Hafley say that in one of his press conferences, or Jurkovec or someone else with the team tweet that or say it to a reporter? Asking because I've heard Temple's play-by-play announcer carelessly say Jurkovec was "out for the season", which at that point had not been determined. Wake is 11 weeks past the UMass game and 10.5 weeks past surgery. Likely still too soon, but I would think that depends on what they see at the (likely) 6 week checkup.

In other words, I'm not taking it seriously if Blaudschun or some joker is the source because he says "Yeah <sniffle> <snort>, Jurkovec's out for the season <cough>. Why the hell are you wearing your mask?"

Thamel said it and he is about as plugged in to BC sports as any of the national guys.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:26 pm

BC is going to go about 6-6.

I'm calling it now. With Iowa losing and Michigan having yet to play Ohio State, Michigan State, and Penn State (and Georgia having yet to play Alabama in the SEC championship), if Cincinnati doesn't lose a game, they are in the playoffs. Oklahoma might finish #1 in the country, but Cincinnati will be in. Timestamp this.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:29 am

so your grand assertion is that if the #2 team in the country doesn't lose they'll end the regular season in the top 4?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

PreviousNext