Bowls

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bowls

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:21 am

Looks like the ACC and ESPN are going to take bowls from other conferences and put BC in something.

Speculation includes:
Boca vs UCF (AC hosting the name tag event?)

Or St Pete vs BYU

Both those would be good games so we will probably get someone shitty in Shreveport.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 647

Re: Bowls

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:36 am

I think the Gasparilla is better just in terms of the date.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9289
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1658

Re: Bowls

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:14 pm

BYU would do bad things to BC
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16941
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -293

Re: Bowls

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:09 pm

eepstein0 wrote:BYU would do bad things to BC


I thought so until this weekend. They are not that great.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 647

Re: Bowls

Postby Eagle1999 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:14 pm

UCF would put up 100 on us.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Karma: 64

Re: Bowls

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:03 pm

ATLeagle wrote:Looks like the ACC and ESPN are going to take bowls from other conferences and put BC in something.

Speculation includes:
Boca vs UCF (AC hosting the name tag event?)

Or St Pete vs BYU

Both those would be good games so we will probably get someone shitty in Shreveport.


Figures this will be the year we get a bowl in a location worth going to.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 194

Re: Bowls

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:Looks like the ACC and ESPN are going to take bowls from other conferences and put BC in something.

Speculation includes:
Boca vs UCF (AC hosting the name tag event?)

Or St Pete vs BYU

Both those would be good games so we will probably get someone shitty in Shreveport.


Figures this will be the year we get a bowl in a location worth going to.


This.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 280

Re: Bowls

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:47 pm

The only reason BC is potentially going to desirable bowl locations is because of this year. Everyone is sending a shitty contingent, not just BC, so BC is actually an interesting choice for once.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2515

Re: Bowls

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:20 pm

The Big10 played this year only because Ohio State demanded it so they could walk into the playoffs by playing in a sub-MAC conference. B10 had a minimum games played requirement to make the Championship game... which they waived because OSU didn't meet it. The Big Ten has become more beholden to Ohio State than B12 has Texas.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -game-rule
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15623
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 503

Re: Bowls

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:37 pm

HJS wrote:The Big10 played this year only because Ohio State demanded it so they could walk into the playoffs by playing in a sub-MAC conference. B10 had a minimum games played requirement to make the Championship game... which they waived because OSU didn't meet it. The Big Ten has become more beholden to Ohio State than B12 has Texas.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -game-rule


This is what happens when your conference is both trash on the field and corrupt off the field.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17436
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -899

Re: Bowls

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:59 am

They also get a $6M payout if OSU makes the playoffs. I'm guessing that's driving the changes more than anything.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: -19

Re: Bowls

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:14 am

HJS wrote:The Big10 played this year only because Ohio State demanded it so they could walk into the playoffs by playing in a sub-MAC conference. B10 had a minimum games played requirement to make the Championship game... which they waived because OSU didn't meet it. The Big Ten has become more beholden to Ohio State than B12 has Texas.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -game-rule


In 0.0hio St's defense, they were one of the 3 Big Whatever schools that voted against cancelling the season.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 194

Re: Bowls

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:19 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
HJS wrote:The Big10 played this year only because Ohio State demanded it so they could walk into the playoffs by playing in a sub-MAC conference. B10 had a minimum games played requirement to make the Championship game... which they waived because OSU didn't meet it. The Big Ten has become more beholden to Ohio State than B12 has Texas.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -game-rule


In 0.0hio St's defense, they were one of the 3 Big Whatever schools that voted against cancelling the season.

That's not really a defense. They still went along with it (while Nebraska was exploring ways to play elsewhere for a season). At the end of the day, they will have played 6 games against terrible opponents. Should they get a spot over an undefeated Cincy team with 10 games or an undefeated USC team with 5 games? Probably. But, they shouldn't replace Bama or ND if they lose in the championship game against Florida and Clemson. And, I think there is an argument to be made that TAMU is more deserving than OSU, Cincy or USC. OSU passes the eye test based upon the names on the backs of the jersey. But, they haven't shown a thing on the field yet (as even Cincy had a more difficult schedule).
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15623
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 503

Re: Bowls

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:36 am

HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
HJS wrote:The Big10 played this year only because Ohio State demanded it so they could walk into the playoffs by playing in a sub-MAC conference. B10 had a minimum games played requirement to make the Championship game... which they waived because OSU didn't meet it. The Big Ten has become more beholden to Ohio State than B12 has Texas.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -game-rule


In 0.0hio St's defense, they were one of the 3 Big Whatever schools that voted against cancelling the season.

That's not really a defense. They still went along with it (while Nebraska was exploring ways to play elsewhere for a season). At the end of the day, they will have played 6 games against terrible opponents. Should they get a spot over an undefeated Cincy team with 10 games or an undefeated USC team with 5 games? Probably. But, they shouldn't replace Bama or ND if they lose in the championship game against Florida and Clemson. And, I think there is an argument to be made that TAMU is more deserving than OSU, Cincy or USC. OSU passes the eye test based upon the names on the backs of the jersey. But, they haven't shown a thing on the field yet (as even Cincy had a more difficult schedule).


This. Ohio State played one top 20 opponent at home and were lucky to escape with the win. I don't think anyone who watched Fields toss 5 INTs against the one semi-competent defense he played thinks that version of Ohio State would have a chance in hell against Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Florida or A&M. Ohio State is basically USC with much higher preseason expectations. Frankly, I think the Playoff Committee should tell them they need to play Cincinnati for the winner to be considered--although at this point I think Cincy has a much better resume and case for making the playoffs. Ditto for A&M who apparently has called tOSU out and offered to play them anytime, anywhere. Florida also has a stronger case, but I expect that Bama will beat them and with two losses they'll be out off the conversation.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 347

Re: Bowls

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:53 am

i'm all for an atm/osu game if only because atm is teeming with covaids. it would be glorious to infect the buckies and render them unable to participate in post-season play because of the 'rona. the perfect ending to an imperfect 2020
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 21491
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5900

Re: Bowls

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:06 am

Dick Rosenthal wrote:
HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
HJS wrote:The Big10 played this year only because Ohio State demanded it so they could walk into the playoffs by playing in a sub-MAC conference. B10 had a minimum games played requirement to make the Championship game... which they waived because OSU didn't meet it. The Big Ten has become more beholden to Ohio State than B12 has Texas.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -game-rule


In 0.0hio St's defense, they were one of the 3 Big Whatever schools that voted against cancelling the season.

That's not really a defense. They still went along with it (while Nebraska was exploring ways to play elsewhere for a season). At the end of the day, they will have played 6 games against terrible opponents. Should they get a spot over an undefeated Cincy team with 10 games or an undefeated USC team with 5 games? Probably. But, they shouldn't replace Bama or ND if they lose in the championship game against Florida and Clemson. And, I think there is an argument to be made that TAMU is more deserving than OSU, Cincy or USC. OSU passes the eye test based upon the names on the backs of the jersey. But, they haven't shown a thing on the field yet (as even Cincy had a more difficult schedule).


This. Ohio State played one top 20 opponent at home and were lucky to escape with the win. I don't think anyone who watched Fields toss 5 INTs against the one semi-competent defense he played thinks that version of Ohio State would have a chance in hell against Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Florida or A&M. Ohio State is basically USC with much higher preseason expectations. Frankly, I think the Playoff Committee should tell them they need to play Cincinnati for the winner to be considered--although at this point I think Cincy has a much better resume and case for making the playoffs. Ditto for A&M who apparently has called tOSU out and offered to play them anytime, anywhere. Florida also has a stronger case, but I expect that Bama will beat them and with two losses they'll be out off the conversation.


In no way am I arguing that a 7-0 Ohio St (best win against f-ing Indiana) from a garbage conference should be among the 4 teams vying for the National Championship. It is just not their fault that the rest of the conference voted to cancel the season and then Harbaugh pulled a FSU on them. Whatever, everything about 0.0hio St sucks!
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 194

Re: Bowls

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:16 am

On an aside... I am genuinely surprised the way both Michigan and FSU quit this year. I hope this leaves a lasting, reputation-damaging stain on both inflated programs.
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15623
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 503

Re: Bowls

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:51 pm

On a carpeted Senate floor
We heard a loud voice wailing:
"Ashli they have taken ye away!"
cuz when you hit the Senate floor
Your complaints heard never more
Now Ashli lies there dying on the floooor

LOWWWWWWWW LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1989
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -353

Re: Bowls

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:01 pm

MF73-Eleazar wrote:We're not going bowling.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1 ... 2163969025


No problem with this if it was the players' decision (and it sounds like it was).
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 194

Re: Bowls

Postby BC923 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Sounds like players decided they’d rather head home and relax, which I fully support
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 457

Re: Bowls

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:05 pm

HJS wrote:On an aside... I am genuinely surprised the way both Michigan and FSU quit this year. I hope this leaves a lasting, reputation-damaging stain on both inflated programs.


FSU, I sort of understand. The Athletic Department is 30 or 40 million in the hole to begin with, hosting an attendee-less football game is apparently a big money loser as is traveling to play in front of zero fans. Plus they suck with the power of 1,000,000 million Hoovers and their existence on Clemson or Notre Dame's schedule is a net negative for SoS, so I wouldn't be surprised if the conference was fine with them shutting it down once they had Notre Dame and Clemson positioned for two slots in the CFP.

Michigan is different. They are as wealthy an Athletic Department as exists in college sports They apparently spearheaded the effort to kill the season and then caved when tOSU threatened them. Once the season started they sucked ass and then pulled the plug in a manner that has jeopardized tOSU's ability to make the playoffs--costing the conference money. Plus, there are no bigger collection of douchebags on the planet than Michigan sports fans--both alums and Walmart Wolverines are the absolute worst, edging tOSU fans by a nose. The rest of that conference needs to gang up on Michigan and strip it of any influence in the league office going forward.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 347

Re: Bowls

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:39 pm

BC923 wrote:Sounds like players decided they’d rather head home and relax, which I fully support


agreed.

these kids are going to need to be back for winter training in 6 weeks.

why go into lockdown again for a couple of more weeks for a game that there's a decent chance it doesn't get played and you don't get any of the side benefits of being in a bowl
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19190
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3240

Re: Bowls

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:46 pm

claver2010 wrote:
BC923 wrote:Sounds like players decided they’d rather head home and relax, which I fully support


agreed.

these kids are going to need to be back for winter training in 6 weeks.

why go into lockdown again for a couple of more weeks for a game that there's a decent chance it doesn't get played and you don't get any of the side benefits of being in a bowl


Well, you do get extra practice which this group could have certainly used, but Gen Z is gonna Gen Z.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 347

Re: Bowls

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:49 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:We're not going bowling.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1 ... 2163969025


No problem with this if it was the players' decision (and it sounds like it was).

Agreed. The last Hafley conference where he said "I think so" in response to whether the kids were excited about a bowl... and then went on to talk about how tired the team was (as a partial excuse for sucking against UVA)... was an omen that this was coming. BC players were more diligent than any other group in the country. That is how they effectively avoided an outbreak. To do that for another month, through Xmas and New Years, would require even more sacrifice. Why bother? This is the same group who have had successive bowl games cancelled on them. There is nothing to say that, after spending an additional month in the bubble, THIS bowl game wouldn't be cancelled due to a local politician or an outbreak by the opponent. I'm glad they pulled the plug on the season, but sad to see Grosel not get the chance to further his reputation as BC's version of Ian Book.
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15623
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 503

Re: Bowls

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:05 pm

HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:We're not going bowling.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1 ... 2163969025


No problem with this if it was the players' decision (and it sounds like it was).

Agreed. The last Hafley conference where he said "I think so" in response to whether the kids were excited about a bowl... and then went on to talk about how tired the team was (as a partial excuse for sucking against UVA)... was an omen that this was coming. BC players were more diligent than any other group in the country. That is how they effectively avoided an outbreak. To do that for another month, through Xmas and New Years, would require even more sacrifice. Why bother? This is the same group who have had successive bowl games cancelled on them. There is nothing to say that, after spending an additional month in the bubble, THIS bowl game wouldn't be cancelled due to a local politician or an outbreak by the opponent. I'm glad they pulled the plug on the season, but sad to see Grosel not get the chance to further his reputation as BC's version of Ian Book.


Ian Book has thrown fewer interceptions in his last 15 games then Grosel did in the embarrassing UVA loss. Now if Phil's knee still needs more time and we were going to have to play in a bowl with a kid who should be playing MAC Ball on Tuesday nights on The Ocho, then perhaps this was a sound decision to avoid further embarrassment.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 347

Re: Bowls

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:08 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:
HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:We're not going bowling.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1 ... 2163969025


No problem with this if it was the players' decision (and it sounds like it was).

Agreed. The last Hafley conference where he said "I think so" in response to whether the kids were excited about a bowl... and then went on to talk about how tired the team was (as a partial excuse for sucking against UVA)... was an omen that this was coming. BC players were more diligent than any other group in the country. That is how they effectively avoided an outbreak. To do that for another month, through Xmas and New Years, would require even more sacrifice. Why bother? This is the same group who have had successive bowl games cancelled on them. There is nothing to say that, after spending an additional month in the bubble, THIS bowl game wouldn't be cancelled due to a local politician or an outbreak by the opponent. I'm glad they pulled the plug on the season, but sad to see Grosel not get the chance to further his reputation as BC's version of Ian Book.


Ian Book has thrown fewer interceptions in his last 15 games then Grosel did in the embarrassing UVA loss. Now if Phil's knee still needs more time and we were going to have to play in a bowl with a kid who should be playing MAC Ball on Tuesday nights on The Ocho, then perhaps this was a sound decision to avoid further embarrassment.

So... you finally admit that Tommy Rees was right.

I'll also take the moment to point out that only one BC player was able to beat out Ian Book... Grosel for ACC QB of the Week.
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15623
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 503

Re: Bowls

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm sure this decision was made easier by the fact that everyone who should be leaving has another year of eligibility if he so desires. That fact makes the decision to go home now and get laid tonight a no brainer.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:51 am
Location: Pac 10 Hell
Karma: -115

Re: Bowls

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:26 pm

HJS wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:We're not going bowling.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1 ... 2163969025


No problem with this if it was the players' decision (and it sounds like it was).

Agreed. The last Hafley conference where he said "I think so" in response to whether the kids were excited about a bowl... and then went on to talk about how tired the team was (as a partial excuse for sucking against UVA)... was an omen that this was coming. BC players were more diligent than any other group in the country. That is how they effectively avoided an outbreak. To do that for another month, through Xmas and New Years, would require even more sacrifice. Why bother? This is the same group who have had successive bowl games cancelled on them. There is nothing to say that, after spending an additional month in the bubble, THIS bowl game wouldn't be cancelled due to a local politician or an outbreak by the opponent. I'm glad they pulled the plug on the season, but sad to see Grosel not get the chance to further his reputation as BC's version of Ian Book.


Ian Book has thrown fewer interceptions in his last 15 games then Grosel did in the embarrassing UVA loss. Now if Phil's knee still needs more time and we were going to have to play in a bowl with a kid who should be playing MAC Ball on Tuesday nights on The Ocho, then perhaps this was a sound decision to avoid further embarrassment.

So... you finally admit that Tommy Rees was right.

I'll also take the moment to point out that only one BC player was able to beat out Ian Book... Grosel for ACC QB of the Week.


We will never know if he was right. I would have liked to see Jurk playing behind an OL that could keep him upright and having time to stretch defenses with passes longer than 35 yards downfield. Book has had a great season, no doubt, but Jurk has a lot more upside and it would have been nice if they had attempted develop him. Anyway, next year they will have Brendan Clark and we will have Jurk. I'd much rather be us than them from a QB perspective going forward.

You know who has no upside? Dennis Grosel. And his multi-turnover performance was as worthy of that award as the chick squib kicker's SEC Award. Weird to see you doing an affirmative action flex/cake and ice cream award for Denny G, but 2020 is a strange year I suppose.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 347

Re: Bowls

Postby Logitano on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:26 pm

lnnocent Bystander wrote:I'm sure this decision was made easier by the fact that everyone who should be leaving has another year of eligibility if he so desires. That fact makes the decision to go home now and get laid tonight a no brainer.


This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 1053

Re: Bowls

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:
HJS wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
HJS wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:We're not going bowling.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1 ... 2163969025


No problem with this if it was the players' decision (and it sounds like it was).

Agreed. The last Hafley conference where he said "I think so" in response to whether the kids were excited about a bowl... and then went on to talk about how tired the team was (as a partial excuse for sucking against UVA)... was an omen that this was coming. BC players were more diligent than any other group in the country. That is how they effectively avoided an outbreak. To do that for another month, through Xmas and New Years, would require even more sacrifice. Why bother? This is the same group who have had successive bowl games cancelled on them. There is nothing to say that, after spending an additional month in the bubble, THIS bowl game wouldn't be cancelled due to a local politician or an outbreak by the opponent. I'm glad they pulled the plug on the season, but sad to see Grosel not get the chance to further his reputation as BC's version of Ian Book.


Ian Book has thrown fewer interceptions in his last 15 games then Grosel did in the embarrassing UVA loss. Now if Phil's knee still needs more time and we were going to have to play in a bowl with a kid who should be playing MAC Ball on Tuesday nights on The Ocho, then perhaps this was a sound decision to avoid further embarrassment.

So... you finally admit that Tommy Rees was right.

I'll also take the moment to point out that only one BC player was able to beat out Ian Book... Grosel for ACC QB of the Week.


We will never know if he was right. I would have liked to see Jurk playing behind an OL that could keep him upright and having time to stretch defenses with passes longer than 35 yards downfield. Book has had a great season, no doubt, but Jurk has a lot more upside and it would have been nice if they had attempted develop him. Anyway, next year they will have Brendan Clark and we will have Jurk. I'd much rather be us than them from a QB perspective going forward.

You know who has no upside? Dennis Grosel. And his multi-turnover performance was as worthy of that award as the chick squib kicker's SEC Award. Weird to see you doing an affirmative action flex/cake and ice cream award for Denny G, but 2020 is a strange year I suppose.

Can’t (and won’t) Ian Book come back next year? I don’t see him going top 2 rounds in this draft and there’s less of a good QB crop for next year’s draft.
Shoreagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 pm
Karma: 162

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 14 guests

Untitled document