Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:I'll tell you what bothered the shit out of me about this girl kicker. Her team got fucking smoked and she is out there post-game giving interviews on the field about a fucking squib kick. There's a time and a place for an interview after doing what she did. Be a part of that team and walk off the field with your head hanging low like the rest of the players because that was a fucking disgrace of a game for that team. Gross.

Affirmative action in a nutshell. Here you have a woman, quite simply given an opportunity she obviously didn't earn or spend any significant time working towards, over men who could undoubtedly do better, who performs an easy to evaluate task in an unremarkable way, and as a society our immediate reaction is supposed to be...admiration and respect for the girl? That this is a proud milestone of some sort for sports or society? This was Make-A-Wish Foundation level stuff, except when they let the kids with cancer score a touchdown, no one has to pretend the kid earned it.

It’s not like she stole the job from someone. Team had no kickers available and coach didn’t want to risk injury of a positional player. Can’t hold tryouts because covid. At that point, it’s naturally gonna be a soccer player. Assistant coach of the women soccer team called this girl and asked her to do it, she didn’t approach mason which implies one of the football coaches reached out to the women’s coach for someone.

Based on this, This is NOT affirmative action whatsoever. She did not take the role from a man more qualified so piss off.

Jesus hansen, you are an easy trigger for this alias.

Ali-ass or not, the comment was too stupid to let go.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:30 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Does it make me a bad person if I point out that the chick kicker at Vandy clunked a squib/grounder that barely made it to the 35 yard line? Or if I think this whole stunt was a cynical ploy by Derek Mason to somehow save his job by being uber woke?

It didn't work.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:36 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Does it make me a bad person if I point out that the chick kicker at Vandy clunked a squib/grounder that barely made it to the 35 yard line? Or if I think this whole stunt was a cynical ploy by Derek Mason to somehow save his job by being uber woke?

It didn't work.

I think even the Vanderbilt Athletic Administration realized how bad the whole circus made them look. Vanderbilt Twitter—and yes, there is such a thing—was rip shit livid about the stunt, the absolutely lifeless performance against a bad Mizzou team, and her victory lap after the game.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Go take a look at the VANDY football Twitter account and their tweets/RTs over the last 24 hrs. They’ve posted nonstop about this girl. It’s shockingly sad. What a clown show.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Todd Fitch taking over.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Does it make me a bad person if I point out that the chick kicker at Vandy clunked a squib/grounder that barely made it to the 35 yard line? Or if I think this whole stunt was a cynical ploy by Derek Mason to somehow save his job by being uber woke? Or if I pointed out that half the guys at my tailgate could kick it farther in the air than the all-SEC goalie?

Coach claimed that he wanted that because it was a more natural kicking motion for her which would actually make a lot of sense to me if she was a field player in soccer (where you obviously want to keep the ball down) but whatever. She made FGs of up to 38 yards this week in practice which is probably 10-15 yards shy of what a seasoned college kicker would make in a non-pressure situation but then again she only had 3-4 days to practice before the game. Even if this was a gimmick, it was cool to see a chick do something like this. You would have to be a complete fucking dick or someone with serious small dick syndrome to think otherwise. It’s a shame Vandy is such a dumpster fire of a program because i would have loved to see her try an XP.

EDIT. Might have misread the article. I think she was hitting from the 38yd line which would be a 55yarder.

Or, you might know how hard it is to play on a P5 level and resent a fucking gimmick where the gimmick is clearly not a D1/P5 quality player. If there is a girl who has the leg to put the ball into the end zone or inside the 10 yard line with some decent hang time and hit 75% of her field goals inside of 42 or 43 yards, God bless her, hope she matriculates at BC. But a girl who sucks so bad that they have to design a squib that leaks across the 40 yard line and then award cake and ice cream for everyone during an eleventy billion to nothing beat down at the hands of Mizzou, welp, you’d have to be the cum dumpster of a X-C team to celebrate that sort of mockery of the game.

Lots of assumptions here.

But re: your insult at the end, track and field is the second most participated sport in high school after football. Thus, the difficulty of making a D1 roster, let alone be successful, speaks for itself regardless of whatever stupid remarks you are insinuating.

P.s. didn’t realize Vandy does not have a men’s soccer team so who should have done this then keyboard warriors?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:23 pm

If hansen has been an alias all this time and has been on a slow play up to this IB level of posting, this may top Funishment for the best schtick of the year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:18 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Does it make me a bad person if I point out that the chick kicker at Vandy clunked a squib/grounder that barely made it to the 35 yard line? Or if I think this whole stunt was a cynical ploy by Derek Mason to somehow save his job by being uber woke? Or if I pointed out that half the guys at my tailgate could kick it farther in the air than the all-SEC goalie?

Coach claimed that he wanted that because it was a more natural kicking motion for her which would actually make a lot of sense to me if she was a field player in soccer (where you obviously want to keep the ball down) but whatever. She made FGs of up to 38 yards this week in practice which is probably 10-15 yards shy of what a seasoned college kicker would make in a non-pressure situation but then again she only had 3-4 days to practice before the game. Even if this was a gimmick, it was cool to see a chick do something like this. You would have to be a complete fucking dick or someone with serious small dick syndrome to think otherwise. It’s a shame Vandy is such a dumpster fire of a program because i would have loved to see her try an XP.

EDIT. Might have misread the article. I think she was hitting from the 38yd line which would be a 55yarder.

Or, you might know how hard it is to play on a P5 level and resent a fucking gimmick where the gimmick is clearly not a D1/P5 quality player. If there is a girl who has the leg to put the ball into the end zone or inside the 10 yard line with some decent hang time and hit 75% of her field goals inside of 42 or 43 yards, God bless her, hope she matriculates at BC. But a girl who sucks so bad that they have to design a squib that leaks across the 40 yard line and then award cake and ice cream for everyone during an eleventy billion to nothing beat down at the hands of Mizzou, welp, you’d have to be the cum dumpster of a X-C team to celebrate that sort of mockery of the game.

But re: your insult at the end, track and field is the second most participated sport in high school after football. Thus, the difficulty of making a D1 roster, let alone be successful, speaks for itself regardless of whatever stupid remarks you are insinuating.

P.s. didn’t realize Vandy does not have a men’s soccer team so who should have done this then keyboard warriors?

Incensed XC Nerd Hansen is the most amusing of Hansens. Look Dork, I don’t know what to tell you if you don’t see this for the sham/stunt/work activism that it was. I didn’t kick in college, but even I, at almost 50 years of age can kick a football in the air to roughly the 15 yard line (I can also make a FG, albeit barely, from 30 yards 7 or 8 times out of 10). I have never trained as a kicker, stopped playing soccer at age 6 when peewee football became available) and have a kicking career that consists of kicking off twice for Fordham Prep and connecting on two XPs because the soccer guy who normally kicked off hurt himself juggling footballs on the sidelines. I am glad that this was before I stopped returning the Chola’s phone calls because while it was no factor kicking the ball inside Mount St Mike’s 10 yard line on kick offs, the XPs would have been nerve wracking with her yelling at me. I never kicked off once for the high falutin’ prep school that lured me away, albeit temporarily, from the Jesuits. The point is, there is absolutely nothing remarkable about my ability to kick a football and I could have done better. If a middle aged male almost 30 years past his last college football game, who wasn’t a kicker, can at age 50 equal the efforts of the woke publicity stunt that occurred yesterday, I can guarantee you that there is a former high school soccer player or kicker somewhere on campus at Vanderbilt who could have kicked a pop fly inside the 20 and made a FG from 38 yards and the only reason there wasn’t a tryout of such readily available, low hanging talent, is that Derek Mason assumed—incorrectly—that he would not get fired the day after such a heroic display of wokeness. Fortunately for America and decency, the Vandy alumni base is smart, rich Southern guys who don’t buy into that sort of bullshit.

Anyway, you do you and cheer on this woke stupidity to your hearts content, but understand that you know nothing about the game or football locker room dynamics. Competent male kickers are viewed with distrust in a D1 locker room and seen as something a bit outside of the team. I can’t imagine what the Vandy team thought about this, but the fact that Mason was canned the day after is a pretty good indication that the AD got some bad feedback.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:37 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Incensed XC Nerd Hansen is the most amusing of Hansens. Look Dork, I don’t know what to tell you if you don’t see this for the sham/stunt/work activism that it was. I didn’t kick in college, but even I, at almost 50 years of age can kick a football in the air to roughly the 15 yard line (I can also make a FG, albeit barely, from 30 yards 7 or 8 times out of 10). I have never trained as a kicker, stopped playing soccer at age 6 when peewee football became available) and have a kicking career that consists of kicking off twice for Fordham Prep and connecting on two XPs because the soccer guy who normally kicked off hurt himself juggling footballs on the sidelines. I am glad that this was before I stopped returning the Chola’s phone calls because while it was no factor kicking the ball inside Mount St Mike’s 10 yard line on kick offs, the XPs would have been nerve wracking with her yelling at me. I never kicked off once for the high falutin’ prep school that lured me away, albeit temporarily, from the Jesuits. The point is, there is absolutely nothing remarkable about my ability to kick a football and I could have done better. If a middle aged male almost 30 years past his last college football game, who wasn’t a kicker, can at age 50 equal the efforts of the woke publicity stunt that occurred yesterday, I can guarantee you that there is a former high school soccer player or kicker somewhere on campus at Vanderbilt who could have kicked a pop fly inside the 20 and made a FG from 38 yards and the only reason there wasn’t a tryout of such readily available, low hanging talent, is that Derek Mason assumed—incorrectly—that he would not get fired the day after such a heroic display of wokeness. Fortunately for America and decency, the Vandy alumni base is smart, rich Southern guys who don’t buy into that sort of bullshit.

Anyway, you do you and cheer on this woke stupidity to your hearts content, but understand that you know nothing about the game or football locker room dynamics. Competent male kickers are viewed with distrust in a D1 locker room and seen as something a bit outside of the team. I can’t imagine what the Vandy team thought about this, but the fact that Mason was canned the day after is a pretty good indication that the AD got some bad feedback.

Not incensed, I’m just sick and tired of everything being political or reeking of cultural undertones. I just saw this as a nice accomplishment that young girls can aspire to bettering. Nothing more, nothing less. Why does this have to be met with such cynicism?

P.s. if the coach did in fact do this to try and save his job, I would still feel proud of the chick but I would be a little disgusted with the coach. It would definitely cheapen the accomplishment and turn a nice gesture into something kind of shitty. Then again, if I was about to lose out on a 1 million per year salary or whatever he makes, then i can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Hansen is just happy girls can aspire to be a shitty kicker on a terrible football team.

Hansen, does this momentous development for feminism have any impact on your prior position on the Penn State hazing case? Asking for a friend.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Hansen is just happy girls can aspire to be a shitty kicker on a terrible football team.

Hansen, does this momentous development for feminism have any impact on your prior position on the Penn State hazing case? Asking for a friend.

No, why? Did I just logic box myself?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:36 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

It will be interesting when the trans issue reaches D1 and the woke media have to take sides. I have a daughter that plays travel softball and travel basketball. Fortunately she hasn't gone against any biological boys yet in softball but we have seen two in basketball and boys dominated.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:07 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Not incensed, I’m just sick and tired of everything being political or reeking of cultural undertones. I just saw this as a nice accomplishment that young girls can aspire to bettering. Nothing more, nothing less. Why does this have to be met with such cynicism?

P.s. if the coach did in fact do this to try and save his job, I would still feel proud of the chick but I would be a little disgusted with the coach. It would definitely cheapen the accomplishment and turn a nice gesture into something kind of shitty. Then again, if I was about to lose out on a 1 million per year salary or whatever he makes, then i can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same.

It doesn't matter that you are sick and tired of everything being political or reeking of cultural undertones. The girl kicking for Vandy IS being political and reeking of cultural undertones. There simply is no other reason for it. She didn't accomplish anything based on merit the way every other player on that field did.

Under no circumstances should a girl be on a football field playing football against SEC football players. The difference in muscle mass, bone structure, she could really have been paralyzed or even killed. And for what? Young girls should absolutely NOT aspire to play college football. Her mother and father should be ashamed of their daughter (and ashamed of themselves for letting this happen.) If I met her dad, I would smack that man upside the head and ask him what the fuck do you think you are doing? It was a joke (that wasn't funny) that could have been tragic. I am very glad that the HC was terminated. Likely, this stunt (of which he was entirely complicit) may have been the very reason why that happened.

Come on hansen, don't be like this. Use your head.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:44 pm

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, the trans thing goes away very quickly when some smart basketball coach at a small college plucks 12 guys out of low level JUCO and offers them full rides if they identify as women for a year. When that team goes 38-0, wins by an average of 60 points a game and beats UCONN or whatever nag basketball power they play in the finals by a score of 100 to 36, that will be the end of trannies playing women’s hoops.

My oldest daughter plays high end travel lacrosse and we are starting to see a few of these freaks show up and it is hilarious watching otherwise extremely liberal parents throwing a tantrum because some pre-teen she male just took apart their daughter’s travel team. When woke, white liberals are forced to choose between their daughters happiness and the tranny agenda, welp, the freaks are going to be cast out—despite the fact they might have superior victim hood higherarchy status, it won’t matter when college scholarships are on the line. I am already hearing about Title 9 suits that are going to be filed against some state sports federations. It is going to take a few years, but the writing is on the wall.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:44 am

There is now an article on the front page of espn.com entitled "'This was never an easy path': Sarah Fuller and the winding road to two-sport immortality"

One crappy kick and she's achieved immortality. "This was never an easy path," says the women who had the easiest path to playing time of any player in the entire country.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:06 am

Here's my problem with Fuller. She couldn't care less about football. This isn't someone who played it all her life... someone who fell in love with the game through flag football leagues... who played Pop Warner... who was the kicker for her High School (it has been a thing for a while e.g. Texas State and Kathy Ireland). This is the starting goalie off the SEC Championship ladies soccer team. If she was going to become the starting goalie for the men's team... that would be a hell of a story. But, this random switch to football for a single kick in a single game was opportunistic. Is she getting critiqued in ways she never thought? Sure, but, the critique isn't about what she did (being the third woman to kick for a D1 team). It isn't about the role of women in a man's game. It is about her glory-hounding and Mason creating a spectacle.

Other women have made significantly more meaningful contributions in their barrier breaking of football. Their notable accomplishments are being diminished by a media stunt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... ll_players
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:41 am

you guys sound ridiculous flipping out about a woman kicking a ball once for a team you don't ever give a shit about.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:44 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:you guys sound ridiculous flipping out about a woman kicking a ball once for a team you don't ever give a shit about.

Maybe if you and Hansen say enough nice things about her she will have sex with you.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:50 am

All of this analysis is overlooking that Vandy doesn’t have a men’s soccer team and that they needed an athlete who was already in SEC testing protocol. Pretty much no other options for them.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:04 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:All of this analysis is overlooking that Vandy doesn’t have a men’s soccer team and that they needed an athlete who was already in SEC testing protocol. Pretty much no other options for them.

Let's accept all of your stipulations (I don't by the way). It was literally impossible for Vanderbilt to find a male human being to kick the ball. Therefore they took a woman. Why should this be considered inspirational? What trail exactly has been blazed? What is the lesson for all the little girls out there who dream of competing with the boys one day? "Women can do anything men can do, if you don't expose them to any competition, and judge them by a completely different standard!"

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:20 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:All of this analysis is overlooking that Vandy doesn’t have a men’s soccer team and that they needed an athlete who was already in SEC testing protocol. Pretty much no other options for them.

Let's accept all of your stipulations (I don't by the way). It was literally impossible for Vanderbilt to find a male human being to kick the ball. Therefore they took a woman. Why should this be considered inspirational? What trail exactly has been blazed? What is the lesson for all the little girls out there who dream of competing with the boys one day? "Women can do anything men can do, if you don't expose them to any competition, and judge them by a completely different standard!"

Don’t really understand what stipulations you don’t accept. Do you think they have a men’s soccer team? Do you think that they didn’t need to find a kicker that was 1) on campus over thanksgiving and 2) has been tested? Pretty obvious that this was among their only options. I guess you could take someone out of your already short handed roster and waste their practice time kicking, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense if your chances of sniffing field goal range or scoring are very low because you’re one of the worst P5 teams in history.

My point was not that she’s trailblazing or an inspiration, it was that getting mad about this is pretty stupid because it’s unlikely there were any good options for them
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:22 am

I find it hard to believe that they had no one. No punter, no Vandy regular student who previously kicked in high school... not a single player experienced with kicking a football. That would be more surprising to me than a woman being recruited by a Power 5 high school as a fully scholarshipped PK. However, given it it is the worst program in all FBS, it is possible Mason cobbled together a series of athletes who didn't play the sport until arriving in Nashvegas. If that is the case, then Fuller she be commended for volunteering.

Somehow, I don't think that was the case. I don't know what it is tipping me off to it. Maybe it was the nationwide media blitz the week of the game. Maybe it was the fact that Mason had her give a speech to the team at halftime. Maybe it was the series of on-field interviews conducted after a blowout. Or, maybe it was that in Mason's farewell, he singled out only one specific player... a player he coached for 5 total days. To me, the whole thing just feels contrived and a media ploy. Women have scored points in meaningful college games in D1. I happen to view that as more of an accomplishment... more worthy of celebration... than whatever we saw on Saturday.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:

Don’t really understand what stipulations you don’t accept. Do you think they have a men’s soccer team? Do you think that they didn’t need to find a kicker that was 1) on campus over thanksgiving and 2) has been tested? Pretty obvious that this was among their only options. I guess you could take someone out of your already short handed roster and waste their practice time kicking, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense if your chances of sniffing field goal range or scoring are very low because you’re one of the worst P5 teams in history.

My point was not that she’s trailblazing or an inspiration, it was that getting mad about this is pretty stupid because it’s unlikely there were any good options for them

The annoying thing is the girl taking victory laps and the media celebrating it all as if that kick was some sort of legitimate accomplishment.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:25 am

jack conley (back up LT) punted in HS. 6-7, 320. it was a sight
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:42 pm

I take it all back. The lady-kicker story has officially turned the corner from annoying to hilarious. When she was given the chance to speak at halftime she used the opportunity to...CRITICIZE THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I take it all back. The lady-kicker story has officially turned the corner from annoying to hilarious. When she was given the chance to speak at halftime she used the opportunity to...CRITICIZE THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

The speech at halftime is the one thing that did bother me. even though she's 100% right, I'm not sure it's the right place for someone to come in a week ago and speak up like that. on the other hand, she is an SEC champion (even if it's nag soccer) and that's got to count for something. if I were her, then I would not have spoke although I'm sure she's prob a captain of the soccer team so she's prob not used to being quiet. was it the coach that wanted her to speak? the team? the answer to this question would be the big difference for me.

p.s. to your earlier point about me wanting to fuck her, she is not the type of girl I would pursue in a bar by any means. along these lines, how many of these football players is she gonna smash (or has already smashed)? what's the O/U, degenerate gamblers?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:07 pm

That sounds like the cheerleaders' pep rally speech from Fast Times at Ridgemont High!
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:34 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
p.s. to your earlier point about me wanting to fuck her, she is not the type of girl I would pursue in a bar by any means.

why, does she not have a penis
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Sweet reference.

Now if only others on this board called the Vandy kicker an Omega Mu, we wouldn't have been subject to all the bland unfunny posts eariler in the thread. But here we fucking are. Nice one guys. :81
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Her halftime speech is probably the reason Mason got fired the next day. Yes, Vandy is putrid to a degree rarely seen in P5 football, but they have been putrid all year and Georgia was going to pants them no matter what happened. Why do you suppose they fired Mason on Sunday rather than let him play out the string, take the beat down this coming Saturday and then fire him on 12/6? Guy has been there six years, is an African American, has, up until this woke fiasco been considered a class act and "molder of men" to borrow the justification given for Tyrone Willingham being allowed to suck as a coach. Everything pointed to letting him play out the string and then they flushed him.

Short answer was he lost the locker room because of this sad, woke joke. Not just that he put being woke above putting the best personnel on the field--just noting that Vandy's punter, Harrison Smith was an All State punter and kicker at Brentwood Academy (a powerhouse team that cranks out D1 athletes in Tennessee--there are three Brentwood guys in the NFL right now--Jalen Ramsey, Derek Barnett and Dawson Knox)--You don't think he can kick off better than what we saw on Saturday? But then, after pulling this bullshit he then lets her give a halftime speech--that halftime speech. Maybe times are different now, but 25 years ago if a kicker says anything in a locker room, even if he is all Pac 10 and on his way to a stint in the NFL, he is getting told to STFU and he might catch a punch in the mouth as well. I can't imagine what the Vandy guys were thinking after being subjected to that, but it was clear on the kick off that they didn't want to be there and I don't doubt that they expressed their displeasure to both the coach and the AD afterwards.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium