Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:55 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:Gotta think the media circus around her provided some decent bulletin board material for Missouri too.

If I'm a D1 football coach I'm making friends with someone in admissions and asking them to get me the names of every regular student in each incoming class who put on their application that they kicked for their HS football team. Never know when you're gonna need your own Sid Vicious.

The reality is that outside of soccer players, you are better off with someone on the team than some regular student. Brandon Robinson nearly handled kickoffs before they found aponavicious.

I assume he had kicked in HS though? Agree if you've already got someone on the team who was a competent HS kicker you're better off going with them but that may not always be the case, I would think a regular student with kicking experience would be a better option than a football player who has never kicked before. A regular student who was a decent HS kicker may even be a better option in some cases than a soccer player who has never played football.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I have a definite recollection of BRob kicking off. Am I wrong?

you aren't wrong.

i recall jags year 2 but i may be off
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:33 pm

I think it was the first Aponovicous year I believe after Ohliger got kicked off. The below is from 2007 when Billy Bennett took over for Superfan.

https://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/20070906/SPORTS/709060391
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I have a definite recollection of BRob kicking off. Am I wrong?

you aren't wrong.

i recall jags year 2 but i may be off

BRobs did do it once if I recall correctly. But that isn't relevant to this bullshit publicity stunt. They had an All State Kicker on their roster in their punter Harrison Smith. He was obviously available--shit, he was the Vanderbilt MVP of the game with 7 punts averaging 44 yards. Are you any of you woke sissies really going to tell me that he wasn't a better option that the women's soccer goalie who had never played a game of football in her life? You really think he couldn't have put the ball in the air inside the 15 yard line and that he would be able to cover the last resort cover position better than that girl--ostensibly the squib was a product of the fact that they wanted to avoid putting her in a last resort tackle position.

Anyway, Outkick has been on this for a couple of days and they are reporting the player revolt leads to firing story that was making the rounds on SEC Twitter. This whole thing is bullshit--it may not matter in the general scheme of things and it doesn't, but it is another signal of a weakening society in decline.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby ArizonaisforLiars on Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I’m not going to rocket car myself, but I’d be happy to make a go of it with proper witnesses. Went 3 for 3 this evening from 30 yards this evening during my daughter’s lacrosse practice using the aluminum bar holder. Killing time during travel sports practices is a gift if you utilize the time properly. One of them might have even been good from 37 yards, although admittedly, that was a Mark Mosley line drive special.

Looks like Logi is going down to DC this weekend to witness the biggest EO challenge in years!

I was going to suggest IB

Like anyone here would believe that Corona Casualty. He would probably tell us about the kicking he saw while at Chase Rettig's tailgate.
ArizonaisforLiars
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:47 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I think it was the first Aponovicous year I believe after Ohliger got kicked off. The below is from 2007 when Billy Bennett took over for Superfan.

If memory serves:
1) was Ohliger maybe not just kicked off the team but expelled from school for booting some kid in the head at Molly's and was not his first offense (Domingo actually met him, the kid reeked of stupid);
B. Bennet was the #1 recruit in the country but never kicked a ball in a BC football game.
III. Kid Sid did his best but it was a shame that those teams were saddled with such a sorry kicking situation.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I’m not going to rocket car myself, but I’d be happy to make a go of it with proper witnesses. Went 3 for 3 this evening from 30 yards this evening during my daughter’s lacrosse practice using the aluminum bar holder. Killing time during travel sports practices is a gift if you utilize the time properly. One of them might have even been good from 37 yards, although admittedly, that was a Mark Mosley line drive special.

Looks like Logi is going down to DC this weekend to witness the biggest EO challenge in years!

I was going to suggest IB

I have no dog in this fight.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:27 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I think it was the first Aponovicous year I believe after Ohliger got kicked off. The below is from 2007 when Billy Bennett took over for Superfan.

If memory serves:
1) was Ohliger maybe not just kicked off the team but expelled from school for booting some kid in the head at Molly's and was not his first offense (Domingo actually met him, the kid reeked of stupid);
B. Bennet was the #1 recruit in the country but never kicked a ball in a BC football game. Something about nasal issues?
III. Kid Sid did his best but it was a shame that those teams were saddled with such a sorry kicking situation.

bennett got tossed for a violation of team rules as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:42 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

If memory serves:
B. Bennet was the #1 recruit in the country but never kicked a ball in a BC football game. Something about nasal issues?

Thought it was the Kell's but pretty sure on 1. Claver is right on 2. Alas on 3.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:57 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

If memory serves:

Thought it was the Kell's but pretty sure on 1. Claver is right on 2. Alas on 3.

Is Sid still all time leading scorer?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:01 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

If memory serves:

Molly's became Kells sometime between Autumn '91 and spring '95
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:59 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

If memory serves:

Molly's became Kells sometime between Autumn '91 and spring '95

And now it's Tavern in the Square (TITS for short).
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:48 am

thought i read white horse is closing, that place was always good to take a beer to go for the ride home on the T
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:35 pm

It was definitely The Kells by 1993--I have a good story about an evening at The Kells with Duchie and our buddy LaxBoy that I will share at an appropriate time. The Duchie-LaxBoy rivalry (which I am not sure Laxboy was aware existed) was a compelling storyline during senior year and lead Duchie into all sorts of ridiculous situations.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It was definitely The Kells by 1993--I have a good story about an evening at The Kells with Duchie and our buddy LaxBoy that I will share at an appropriate time. The Duchie-LaxBoy rivalry (which I am not sure Laxboy was aware existed) was a compelling storyline during senior year and lead Duchie into all sorts of ridiculous situations.

Think it changed from Molly's to Kells summer 1992.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:56 pm

I was always a big fan of the The Kells... it would be the bar of choice (thursday nights?) when I was feeling ambitious enough to leave the friendly confines of MAs.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:10 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It was definitely The Kells by 1993--I have a good story about an evening at The Kells with Duchie and our buddy LaxBoy that I will share at an appropriate time. The Duchie-LaxBoy rivalry (which I am not sure Laxboy was aware existed) was a compelling storyline during senior year and lead Duchie into all sorts of ridiculous situations.

Think it changed from Molly's to Kells summer 1992.

That makes sense. I remember being there a handful of times when it was Molly's during my freshman year. 91-92
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:01 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

If memory serves:
B. Bennet was the #1 recruit in the country but never kicked a ball in a BC football game.

Think it was the Kells. I split a cab back to campus from the airport with Ohliger a few weeks after the UNC fake punt game, he was nice enough. IIRC after the Kells incident he was suspended from school but later returned and got his degree
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:11 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

If memory serves:

Think it was the Kells. I split a cab back to campus from the airport with Ohliger a few weeks after the UNC fake punt game, he was nice enough. IIRC after the Kells incident he was suspended from school but later returned and got his degree

It has been covered here before, but he is one of the guys behind the "Fuck Jerry" isntagram account.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Primetime on Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:38 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

If memory serves:

It has been covered here before, but he is one of the guys behind the "Fuck Jerry" isntagram account.

He is @krispyshorts on Instagram / Youtube. Makes more $ doing that than most of his teammates did in the NFL...

https://www.instagram.com/krispyshorts/?hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EDOO5c ... ispyshorts
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Apparently, coach Fitch had Fuller was on the depth chart again this week (prior to the game getting cancelled due to covid)... I’m confused I thought this was just a stunt?
https://sports.yahoo.com/sarah-fuller-h ... 49817.html

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:39 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Apparently, coach Fitch had Fuller was on the depth chart again this week (prior to the game getting cancelled due to covid)... I’m confused I thought this was just a stunt?

How on earth does her continued presence on the depth chart refute the unassailable fact that this is a publicity stunt?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:47 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Apparently, coach Fitch had Fuller was on the depth chart again this week (prior to the game getting cancelled due to covid)... I’m confused I thought this was just a stunt?

You are correct. Its clear from the fact that she won special teams player of the week that this is no stunt.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You are correct. Its clear from the fact that she won special teams player of the week that this is no stunt.

Stop letting reason get in the way of my agenda. Pffft, what’s next? You going to start bringing up facts?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:18 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:SEC just named her special teams player of the week.

Jesus that's terrible.

This definitely seems a bit too much

ACC apparently looks to be getting into the act now. Could be a tight race for this year’s ESPY.
https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30451928
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:23 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:SEC just named her special teams player of the week.

Jesus that's terrible.

This definitely seems a bit too much

ACC apparently looks to be getting into the act now. Could be a tight race for this year’s ESPY.
https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30451928

I know I am a Notre Dame homer, but that was far more impressive than the dribbling squib the goalie chick managed for Vandy. It also seems to present strong evidence that even in a school chock full of nerds that one can find a random guy in the student body capable of kicking further and more impressively than the SEC Special Teams Player of the Week.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:43 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It will be interesting when the trans issue reaches D1 and the woke media have to take sides.

Tulsi is touching the third rail.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/11/tulsi-gab ... ports-act/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:It will be interesting when the trans issue reaches D1 and the woke media have to take sides.

Rep Gabbard will be missed.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:11 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Rep Gabbard will be missed.

I have to agree with angrydick.

once these trannies start dominating women's sports and the Latte Lib Parent's female progeny are disadvantaged, you'll see how quickly the Wokeness disappears here.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Gabbard will be fine after she takes a beating from trans groups. She framed this as protecting women from biological men.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium