Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other games thread - Rivalry Week

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Short answer was he lost the locker room because of this sad, woke joke. Not just that he put being woke above putting the best personnel on the field--just noting that Vandy's punter, Harrison Smith was an All State punter and kicker at Brentwood Academy (a powerhouse team that cranks out D1 athletes in Tennessee--there are three Brentwood guys in the NFL right now--Jalen Ramsey, Derek Barnett and Dawson Knox)--You don't think he can kick off better than what we saw on Saturday? But then, after pulling this bullshit he then lets her give a halftime speech--that halftime speech. Maybe times are different now, but 25 years ago if a kicker says anything in a locker room, even if he is all Pac 10 and on his way to a stint in the NFL, he is getting told to STFU and he might catch a punch in the mouth as well. I can't imagine what the Vandy guys were thinking after being subjected to that, but it was clear on the kick off that they didn't want to be there and I don't doubt that they expressed their displeasure to both the coach and the AD afterwards.

If you're a captain on that football team, how the fuck do you even allow this to happen in your locker room?
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:11 pm

SEC just named her special teams player of the week.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:55 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:SEC just named her special teams player of the week.

Jesus that's terrible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus that's terrible.

This definitely seems a bit too much

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:11 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus that's terrible.

If you are going to pretend she was competent, you may as well go all out and pretend she was player of the week, I guess. At that point, you've already lost all credibility to begin with.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus that's terrible.

If you are going to pretend she was competent, you may as well go all out and pretend she was player of the week, I guess. At that point, you've already lost all credibility to begin with.

She’s obviously hearing the criticism. She posted a video on Twitter of her kicking a soccer ball from the midfield circle (in her defensive end) into the opponents 18 yard box a couple yards in. Not sure that is enough to quell the criticism though as I believe that is only a kick of around 40 yards or so. I’d be impressed if she did kicked it from box to box as that would be roughly 80 yards. A football and soccer ball have the same weight and pressure (roughly) but I would think the shape of the football makes it harder to kick (I’m not a physicist though so this is speculation).

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Reports coming out of Nashville that there was a player revolt of some sort, which would explain the complete lack of effort from a team that while winless had played A&M, Kentucky and Mississippi State close and even gave a good effort against Florida just a week ago. It is rumored that one of the captains complained about the kicking stunt—pointing out that the punter was an All State high school kicker. Apparently, the hoopla around the kick and then her shameless publicity whoring after the game lead to players going to the AD and that is when Mason got shit canned. Word is she won’t be dressing or on the field this weekend.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby miutbc on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:37 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Jesus that's terrible.

She’s obviously hearing the criticism. She posted a video on Twitter of her kicking a soccer ball from the midfield circle (in her defensive end) into the opponents 18 yard box a couple yards in. Not sure that is enough to quell the criticism though as I believe that is only a kick of around 40 yards or so. I’d be impressed if she did kicked it from box to box as that would be roughly 80 yards. A football and soccer ball have the same weight and pressure (roughly) but I would think the shape of the football makes it harder to kick (I’m not a physicist though so this is speculation).

Most girls on my daughters high level u16 club team could do that. Good lord. A corner into the box is like 35 yds
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I take it all back. The lady-kicker story has officially turned the corner from annoying to hilarious. When she was given the chance to speak at halftime she used the opportunity to...CRITICIZE THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Has this been CONFIRMED?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:56 pm

Her halftime speech was filmed, but sure this was not some sort of publicity stunt.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:56 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

I made it to 0:32

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:53 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Her halftime speech was filmed, but sure this was not some sort of publicity stunt.

Who cares? It's not like the sanctity of football or whatever you and others are whining about is compromised anymore than Vandy's actual play on the field. People are making too much of it (on both ends before I get strawmanned) in a fairly predictable manner, which is always fun to watch.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:19 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Her halftime speech was filmed, but sure this was not some sort of publicity stunt.

Who cares? It's not like the sanctity of football or whatever you and others are whining about is compromised anymore than Vandy's actual play on the field. People are making too much of it (on both ends before I get strawmanned) in a fairly predictable manner, which is always fun to watch.

I will credit you here for dropping the ultimate strawman in your second sentence, and then preemptively attacking any rebuttal strawmen in the very next sentence with a comment about how amusing it is that everyone is as predictable as you in their strawmen. Well done.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:33 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: Word is she won’t be dressing or on the field this weekend.

She will be. Impossible situation for Fitch.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

I will credit you here for dropping the ultimate strawman in your second sentence, and then preemptively attacking any rebuttal strawmen in the very next sentence with a comment about how amusing it is that everyone is as predictable as you in their strawmen. Well done.

The "whatever" covers the confusion around why the anti-woke argument is making its argument outside of being anti-woke against woke people celebrating something happening. I put a guess in there but am not attributing much of an argument. Again from all the predictable people doing a predictable circle jerk. Thanks for your analysis. Again, who the fuck cares about this so much?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:34 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

I never said anything about the sanctity of football. Just that it was a blatant PR stunt that worked. They got lots of glowing press for nothing. Vandy sucks with her and without her. They've become more nerdified than BC, so I don't think they will care who replaces Mason or if they ever win again. It pays to be the Washington Generals of the SEC.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:36 pm

Yeah I mixed some people up. My bad.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:29 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

The "whatever" covers the confusion around why the anti-woke argument is making its argument outside of being anti-woke against woke people celebrating something happening. I put a guess in there but am not attributing much of an argument. Again from all the predictable people doing a predictable circle jerk. Thanks for your analysis. Again, who the fuck cares about this so much?

I actually agree with your overarching premise, that no one should give a fuck. I just thought leading a preemptive strawman attack with a strawman was artful.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Manny on Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Dick, if you post video of yourself making 7 out of 10 field goals from 30 yards, I'll donate $500 to the charity of your choice.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:Dick, if you post video of yourself making 7 out of 10 field goals from 30 yards, I'll donate $500 to the charity of your choice.

Shots fired

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:Dick, if you post video of yourself making 7 out of 10 field goals from 30 yards, I'll donate $500 to the charity of your choice.

Shots fired

:popcorn
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:19 pm

I’m not going to rocket car myself, but I’d be happy to make a go of it with proper witnesses. Went 3 for 3 this evening from 30 yards this evening during my daughter’s lacrosse practice using the aluminum bar holder. Killing time during travel sports practices is a gift if you utilize the time properly. One of them might have even been good from 37 yards, although admittedly, that was a Mark Mosley line drive special.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I’m not going to rocket car myself, but I’d be happy to make a go of it with proper witnesses. Went 3 for 3 this evening from 30 yards this evening during my daughter’s lacrosse practice using the aluminum bar holder. Killing time during travel sports practices is a gift if you utilize the time properly. One of them might have even been good from 37 yards, although admittedly, that was a Mark Mosley line drive special.

Looks like Logi is going down to DC this weekend to witness the biggest EO challenge in years!
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:49 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I’m not going to rocket car myself, but I’d be happy to make a go of it with proper witnesses. Went 3 for 3 this evening from 30 yards this evening during my daughter’s lacrosse practice using the aluminum bar holder. Killing time during travel sports practices is a gift if you utilize the time properly. One of them might have even been good from 37 yards, although admittedly, that was a Mark Mosley line drive special.

Looks like Logi is going down to DC this weekend to witness the biggest EO challenge in years!

Mrs. Rosenthal is going to be thrilled!
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:51 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Mrs. Rosenthal is going to be thrilled!

Well... I guess that's yet another way for him to get into your family.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:28 pm

Gotta think the media circus around her provided some decent bulletin board material for Missouri too.

If I'm a D1 football coach I'm making friends with someone in admissions and asking them to get me the names of every regular student in each incoming class who put on their application that they kicked for their HS football team. Never know when you're gonna need your own Sid Vicious.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:47 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:Gotta think the media circus around her provided some decent bulletin board material for Missouri too.

If I'm a D1 football coach I'm making friends with someone in admissions and asking them to get me the names of every regular student in each incoming class who put on their application that they kicked for their HS football team. Never know when you're gonna need your own Sid Vicious.

The reality is that outside of soccer players, you are better off with someone on the team than some regular student. Brandon Robinson nearly handled kickoffs before they found aponavicious.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:50 pm

I have a definite recollection of BRob kicking off. Am I wrong?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:54 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I was going to suggest IB
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium