Other games thread 11/21/2020

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Other games thread 11/21/2020

Postby bcshater on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Will be interesting to see if Indiana can keep it close with Ohio St. Game is on FOX and I despise FOX TV for everything outside of pro football. Buck does an awful job covering US Open golf.

Hoping Iowa keeps Ped St. on their slide to the bottom of the Big 10. And before the Sandusky scandal broke out I actually rooted for Penn. St., no more though.

Okie St vs. Oklahoma is the game of the day.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Re: Other games thread 11/21/2020

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:34 pm

The Cuse are getting their oranges squeezed
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:04 am

Syracuse is horrific. Louisville is a bad team and were it not for Louisville being saddled with a high school-level QB it would have been 34-0 by halftime. There is something soul crushing about having to flip between Cuse-Ville and Minnesota-Purdue. It’s just unmitigated horribleness with no chance of it getting better—like the return of the Obama-Biden foreign policy team.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:11 am

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -postponed
The Noles pussied out of their curb-stomping. One player on Clemson tested positive on Friday. That was enough an opening for FSU to tap-out. Unbelievable.

At the end of the article, it seems to say that our game against Louisville scheduled for the for next week but moved to Dec 12th... is now on again for 11/28.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:16 pm

When has the B10 become what the ACC was before we joined. It is Ohio State and the 13 little dwarfs. I’d argue that BC would be one of the top two teams in that conference if you removed OSU. With all due respect to BUConvict and elvii (i.e. none), the talent disparity in that conference is comical.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:When has the B10 become what the ACC was before we joined. It is Ohio State and the 13 little dwarfs. I’d argue that BC would be one of the top two teams in that conference if you removed OSU. With all due respect to BUConvict and elvii (i.e. none), the talent disparity in that conference is comical.

True, but I think it is going to burn Ohio State come playoff time. Justin Fields does some really stupid things with the football. Things that he would not get away with against even a modestly athletic defense. Watching this performance today and I don’t see how they don’t get beat in track meets against Bama or Clemson with Fields turning the ball over enough times to lose. Hell, I could see Notre Dame hitting Fields enough that he could be a turnover machine.

Which begs another question, given the implosion of Dwayne Haskins and the failure to identify Joe Burroughs ability, is Ryan Day’s reputation as a QB guru overstated.

I mean the play Fields just made in throwing his 3rd pick only to be bailed out by Indiana’s CB’s inability to fall down without fumbling was so stupid that there is no way this kid will last a year in the NFL. He is like DeShone Kiser with a weaker arm and poorer ball judgment.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:37 pm

speaking of the dwarfs, wtf happened with Scott Frost? down 3 tds to illinois at home. illinois' lone win on the year is a 3 point win over the fighting schianos
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm

So tOSU has given up 5 sacks to IU. That translates into what? 10, 15 sacks against Clemson or ND? Justin Fields sucks and it is very likely that Wisconsin punishes the shut out of them.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:16 pm

So who are we rooting for tonight, Michigan or the Clerks?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:52 pm

pedo state on the verge of going 0-5, down 3+ tds at home to iowa
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Pitt is hammering VTech. Saddening.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Caught the last 5 minutes of Northwestern vs. Wisconsin. Northwestern moves to 5-0 with the 17-7 win. Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald praised his DC for the victory and for the DC not getting enough credit nationally. Always like Fitzgerald and he was a great linebacker at Northwestern.

Always root for the best academic schools. Northwestern is, I guess, the best Big Ten school academically. Wisconsin may rank high as well academically, but I do not know.

Wisconsin had 5 TO's and undermanned, presumably due to COVID.

Have not followed football this year as much as past years, probably due to COVID and all that is going on nationally taking an impact. Use to be I would watch college football games from noon EST on Saturday's till early morning EST on Sunday's. Told Mrs. BCShater many years ago before marriage that if she could put up with me on Saturdays in the Fall we would get along great, and yes it has all worked out.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:So who are we rooting for tonight, Michigan or the Clerks?

I will root for Michigan. Michigan and Michigan St. historically my favorite Big 10 schools to root for. Add the Iowa Hawkeyes to that list.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:35 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:When has the B10 become what the ACC was before we joined. It is Ohio State and the 13 little dwarfs. I’d argue that BC would be one of the top two teams in that conference if you removed OSU. With all due respect to BUConvict and elvii (i.e. none), the talent disparity in that conference is comical.

True, but I think it is going to burn Ohio State come playoff time. Justin Fields does some really stupid things with the football. Things that he would not get away with against even a modestly athletic defense. Watching this performance today and I don’t see how they don’t get beat in track meets against Bama or Clemson with Fields turning the ball over enough times to lose. Hell, I could see Notre Dame hitting Fields enough that he could be a turnover machine.

Which begs another question, given the implosion of Dwayne Haskins and the failure to identify Joe Burroughs ability, is Ryan Day’s reputation as a QB guru overstated.

I mean the play Fields just made in throwing his 3rd pick only to be bailed out by Indiana’s CB’s inability to fall down without fumbling was so stupid that there is no way this kid will last a year in the NFL. He is like DeShone Kiser with a weaker arm and poorer ball judgment.

Burrow left before Day became OC. That was on Meyer who also preferred Tebow to Cam Newton.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:Caught the last 5 minutes of Northwestern vs. Wisconsin. Northwestern moves to 5-0 with the 17-7 win. Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald praised his DC for the victory and for the DC not getting enough credit nationally. Always like Fitzgerald and he was a great linebacker at Northwestern.

Always root for the best academic schools. Northwestern is, I guess, the best Big Ten school academically. Wisconsin may rank high as well academically, but I do not know.

Have not followed football this year as much as past years, probably due to COVID and all that is going on nationally taking an impact. Use to be I would watch college football games from noon EST on Saturday's till early morning EST on Sunday's. Told Mrs. BCShater many years ago before marriage that if she could put up with me on Saturdays in the Fall we would get along great, and yes it has all worked out.

Does your wife shat on BC too?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:52 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:Caught the last 5 minutes of Northwestern vs. Wisconsin. Northwestern moves to 5-0 with the 17-7 win. Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald praised his DC for the victory and for the DC not getting enough credit nationally. Always like Fitzgerald and he was a great linebacker at Northwestern.

Does your wife shat on BC too?

Both of us root for BC Hansen. What's your point? OK, so I created a bad username. My username was based on my dislike of the BCS football system.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:53 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Burrow left before Day became OC. That was on Meyer who also preferred Tebow to Cam Newton.

Wasn't he expelled?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Oklahoma up 21-0 and totally dominating Okie St. in what I was hoping to be a competitive game.

Thus far winless in claver's EO pick'em for this week.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So tOSU has given up 5 sacks to IU. That translates into what? 10, 15 sacks against Clemson or ND? Justin Fields sucks and it is very likely that Wisconsin punishes the shut out of them.

With the loss, Wisco won’t play OSU this year.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:50 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:So who are we rooting for tonight, Michigan or the Clerks?

I will root for Michigan. Michigan and Michigan St. historically my favorite Big 10 schools to root for. Add the Iowa Hawkeyes to that list.

Michigan is getting bitchslapped by Schiano. There has always been a lot of hate for The Patron Saint, but he’s a very good college coach.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:14 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Wasn't he expelled?

Eventually but he was behind tebow before he started stealing laptops.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:

Michigan is getting bitchslapped by Schiano. There has always been a lot of hate for The Patron Saint, but he’s a very good college coach.

Yes, not sure why people laughed when they rehired him.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm

This was a dreadful game to watch. For a good portion of the 3rd quarter, they simply traded 3-and-outs and punted to each other.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:56 pm

patron saint is gashing 3rd down donnie browns d, amazing
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 pm

If the current on-going games go as they are I will be 0-6 in the EO pick'em for today. Thankfully I don't bet any longer,
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:34 pm

Fitzgerald is a fucking douche and I hope his DC spends his career at a 5th tier Big 14 school. Maybe he can make a lateral move to HC of Rutgers.

The rest of this post is you waxing prolific on shit no one cares about.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:36 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:

Yes, not sure why people laughed when they rehired him.

Most people didn't give a shit, like a coaching change at Montana State
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Fitzgerald is a fucking douche and I hope his DC spends his career at a 5th tier Big 14 school. Maybe he can make a lateral move to HC of Rutgers.

So a typical EO post? Got it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:47 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So a typical HJS post? Got it.

fixed
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Looks like the Patron (an excellent recruiter and abysmal tactical and strategic coach) is about to blow a double digit lead at home to the worst Michigan team in decades. A classic performance.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium