Other games thread 11/21/2020

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Other games thread 11/21/2020

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Rutgers gonna Rutger.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 pm

The Patron Saint’s actual coaching acumen is below average as witnessed on the last two Michigan drives.

Pat Fitzgerald is the douchebag gym teacher in high school that everyone hates. The guy who busts you when you sneak of campus to get some McD’s before football practice starts. With that said, I’d like to watch him give Ryan Day a wedgie before stuffing him in a garbage can while making fun of Justin Field’s haircut.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Jesus. Watching the end of Michigan Rutgers is like watching two chimps playing backgammon. The fact that this is now going to OT is appropriate.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:34 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Rutgers gonna Rutger.

Don Brown is gonna Third Down Donnie Brown.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

One team had to lose. Why not the perennial losers?
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:24 am

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

One team had to lose. Why not the perennial losers?

I hope BUConvict enjoyed seeing Michigan players storming the field, throwing their helmets in the air... all because of their miracle, season-defining, 3OT win over Rutgers.

THAT is exactly where Harbaugh has the program.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:32 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The Patron Saint’s actual coaching acumen is below average as witnessed on the last two Michigan drives.

Pat Fitzgerald is the douchebag gym teacher in high school that everyone hates. The guy who busts you when you sneak of campus to get some McD’s before football practice starts. With that said, I’d like to watch him give Ryan Day a wedgie before stuffing him in a garbage can while making fun of Justin Field’s haircut.

You really hate Justin Fields, huh?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:56 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The Patron Saint’s actual coaching acumen is below average as witnessed on the last two Michigan drives.

I am tired of the hype surrounding tOSU quarterbacks. They all suck. Every single one of them going back to Kent Graham. Justin Fields is Dwayne Haskins is Cardale Jones is Troy Smith, etc. It is also a shitty, 3rd rate school in a larger version of Newark and they cheat with the fervor of the SEC. My one worry about Hafley coming in was that he would exude that tOSU douchebag vibe, but my guess is he was not there long enough for it to happen—thank God. Anyway, tOSU is the sort of place that makes you say “welp, what’s the harm in Alabama winning another championship? As long as it isn’t those scumbags from Columbus.”

And finally, their fans are the absolute worst. Every bit as terrible as Michigan fans. As arrogant as ND fans but with 1/5 the intelligence.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:50 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I am tired of the hype surrounding tOSU quarterbacks. They all suck. Every single one of them going back to Kent Graham. Justin Fields is Dwayne Haskins is Cardale Jones is Troy Smith, etc. It is also a shitty, 3rd rate school in a larger version of Newark and they cheat with the fervor of the SEC. My one worry about Hafley coming in was that he would exude that tOSU douchebag vibe, but my guess is he was not there long enough for it to happen—thank God. Anyway, tOSU is the sort of place that makes you say “welp, what’s the harm in Alabama winning another championship? As long as it isn’t those scumbags from Columbus.”

And finally, their fans are the absolute worst. Every bit as terrible as Michigan fans. As arrogant as ND fans but with 1/5 the intelligence.

It’s pretty much all this as it relates to tOSU. However, like Hafley, I don’t paint Justin Fields with the same Buckeye taint. To me he is nothing but a hired gun from Georgia who never would be there if Haskins didn’t leave early with no one behind him (and Jake Fromm being Ian Book). Fields will ultimately spend something like 10 months total on campus over the course of 2 seasons. He is using OSU as HCRD is using him. I think he is a very talented player who a good NFL coach will develop. But, that offense is not prepping him for the League and neither is playing in a sub-AAC conference where every ball thrown randomly in the air has a 99% chance of being caught for a TD based on talent disparity.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:31 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

You never forgave Kent Graham for abandoning the Irish. There I said it. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:42 am

BC would beat both of those teams. I said it.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:39 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

BC would beat both of those teams. I said it.

Syracuse could beat both those teams. I don’t think folks completely understand how terrible the B10 is this year. AAC with Cincy and a three-loss UCF would be 2nd and 5th in that conference.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium