Official Gameday Thread - Georgia Tech

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - Georgia Tech

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:19 pm

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:This team is the dumbest team in football.

It's an incredibly poor reflection on this coaching staff.

thought twb had the monopoly of drinking & posting
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Manny on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:27 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:these commercials are ridiculous no wornder these games take 4 hours

This is 99% of the reason I almost never watch football on TV anymore. It's so frustrating. Unless you're watching Navy or Georgia Southern, the games have no rhythm at all.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:28 pm

Every win is a good win
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 2013CommAve on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:38 pm

That's gotta be the most painful 21 point win we've ever had.
2013CommAve
n00b

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:40 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Every win is a good win

THIS
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:53 pm

2013CommAve {l Wrote}:That's gotta be the most painful 21 point win we've ever had.

I don't know about that. This game was over early and there was no sweating the result of this game at any time after 4:30 pm.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:07 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
2013CommAve {l Wrote}:That's gotta be the most painful 21 point win we've ever had.

I don't know about that. This game was over early and there was no sweating the result of this game at any time after 4:30 pm.

This

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby blueline on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Maybe 7-4 season and a bowl game

Possible wins against Syracuse, Virginia and Louisville although LU could be a toughest matchup of these three games.

Clemson and Notre Dame hopefully competitive games at least
blueline
n00b

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

The outcome wasn’t in doubt. They just played a very sloppy game in the final half, punctuated with some really bad defensive penalties.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:29 pm

People really complaining about a 3 TD win?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:27 pm

If the game is not crisp, we have the right and obligation to complain. Crispness is the only factor that matters in the fan's evaluation.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:50 pm

It certainly wasn't perfect, but I can't complain too much after a 3 TD win over a conference opponent. GT has wins over Louisville and FSU so they are not completely terrible. Also, BC only had 2 wins over GT heading into today so nice to get a win over them.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:People really complaining about a 3 TD win?

Dude, they gave back 25% of ALL the yardage they accumulated in penalties. Just think about that, another game with 100+ yards is fucking penalties.

Captain Ketchup, meathead, junior high school gym teacher's teams never got 100+ yards in penalties. I mean WTF? The game should have been over on that 4th down play in the 3rd quarter when Tech failed to complete but BC's defensive linemen (who better be running laps right now) roughed the passer, needlessly.

Yes, I am very happy they won. That's great. But the only reason why they won is they didn't turn the ball over and Georgia Teach turned it over 3 times. That was the difference in points. Play like they did lst week and they lose this game.

And lets not talk about how awesome vpi is. Wake dressed them down completely today. Its easy to look awesome against BC with BC commits (what?) 5 turnovers on top of all the penalties.

BC had a player ejected from the game today for targeting. This is not disciplined football. They are playing like a bunch oh yahoos. I know Hafley is a rookie coach and I am giving him a pass this year (and next year.) But come on? 102 fucking yards in penalties? Clean that shit up coach.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:07 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Dude, they gave back 25% of ALL the yardage they accumulated in penalties. Just think about that, another game with 100+ yards is fucking penalties.

Captain Ketchup, meathead, junior high school gym teacher's teams never got 100+ yards in penalties. I mean WTF? The game should have been over on that 4th down play in the 3rd quarter when Tech failed to complete but BC's defensive linemen (who better be running laps right now) roughed the passer, needlessly.

Yes, I am very happy they won. That's great. But the only reason why they won is they didn't turn the ball over and Georgia Teach turned it over 3 times. That was the difference in points. Play like they did lst week and they lose this game.

And lets not talk about how awesome vpi is. Wake dressed them down completely today. Its easy to look awesome against BC with BC commits (what?) 5 turnovers on top of all the penalties.

BC had a player ejected from the game today for targeting. This is not disciplined football. They are playing like a bunch oh yahoos. I know Hafley is a rookie coach and I am giving him a pass this year (and next year.) But come on? 102 fucking yards in penalties? Clean that shit up coach.

A couple of weeks ago, Meter was interviewing Hafley and asked about the penalties. I thought Hafley's response was interesting. He said something like, 'you don't want be the most penalized team, but you don't want to be the least penalized team either.' He may have been referring more to PI type penalties and how he wants them to be aggressive and have an attitude, but they've got to be smarter and not get all of these personal foul calls.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:26 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

A couple of weeks ago, Meter was interviewing Hafley and asked about the penalties. I thought Hafley's response was interesting. He said something like, 'you don't want be the most penalized team, but you don't want to be the least penalized team either.' He may have been referring more to PI type penalties and how he wants them to be aggressive and have an attitude, but they've got to be smarter and not get all of these personal foul calls.

exactly
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby kobenhavn on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:05 am

Certainly better than the unnecessary loss 4 years ago when the only positive was the free Guinness tap in the Doubletree Exec Lounge.
kobenhavn
n00b

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:21 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:A couple of weeks ago, Meter was interviewing Hafley and asked about the penalties. I thought Hafley's response was interesting. He said something like, 'you don't want be the most penalized team, but you don't want to be the least penalized team either.' He may have been referring more to PI type penalties and how he wants them to be aggressive and have an attitude, but they've got to be smarter and not get all of these personal foul calls.

He said he will live with aggressive penalties like PI but he can’t live with procedural penalties like offsides or illegal motion/formation, too many men on the field, etc. He said the personal fouls like ridiculous late hits or taunting/celebration... those guys committing them won’t play.

GT is terrible and the game was never in doubt. It should be acknowledged as a major step forward from Texas State. Refreshing not to have to win in the Fourth. Only complaint I have is the number of carries Bailey is receiving (especially compared to Levy).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:38 am

so i guess what caused the 3 unsportsmanlike penalties was doing the 'gather in the endzone for a picture' after a turnover that every team does

also shoutout to the heights writer for asking it as the 2nd question, clearly hitting the most important topics early

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:45 am

kobenhavn {l Wrote}:Certainly better than the unnecessary loss 4 years ago when the only positive was the free Guinness tap in the Doubletree Exec Lounge.

My heart goes out to anyone who traveled to Ireland to watch that game.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:53 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:02 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Didn’t get to watch live, but after watching today, the line better and Jurk showing the defense that he is a threat to keep it or take off from the pocket really helped the offense with balance. Offensively we looked great
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:11 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Didn’t get to watch live, but after watching today, the line better and Jurk showing the defense that he is a threat to keep it or take off from the pocket really helped the offense with balance. Offensively we looked great

Jurk has had better days statistically but he had his best game Saturday. Looked super comfortable back there ... OL/run game obviously helped a ton. Few mistakes, solid start (cooled off a bit after starting 6-6 I think), nice runs.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:36 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Didn’t get to watch live, but after watching today, the line better and Jurk showing the defense that he is a threat to keep it or take off from the pocket really helped the offense with balance. Offensively we looked great

Jurk has had better days statistically but he had his best game Saturday. Looked super comfortable back there ... OL/run game obviously helped a ton. Few mistakes, solid start (cooled off a bit after starting 6-6 I think), nice runs.

Agreed. Jurk was much more comfortable and made good decisions with the ball.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium