Official Gameday Thread - BC at Virginia Tech - 10/17/2020

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC at Virginia Tech - 10/17/2020

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I told you guys this team was bad for the record. Fortunately we’re playing a team that lost 73-7 today next week.

You're a little better than HJS, but not much.

I still feel very confident in Hafley, but there are some serious talent issues issues. He’s also still learning how to be a HC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:40 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I told you guys this team was bad for the record. Fortunately we’re playing a team that lost 73-7 today next week.

I still feel very confident in Hafley, but there are some serious talent issues issues. He’s also still learning how to be a HC.

At some point, this game should not make you feel good about coaching. Lack of talent is on the players. One dumb play like Jurkovec is on the players. Complete incompetent sloppiness is coaching.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:What are you talking about then?

All I ever did was point out that he has a very, very long way to go and has a tough time making decisions in the pocket.

That said, at least IB makes the effort to go to a Costco for games. Filtering your opinions through WEEI should make you reassess priorities.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

At some point, this game should not make you feel good about coaching. Lack of talent is on the players. One dumb play like Jurkovec is on the players. Complete incompetent sloppiness is coaching.

This sums it up nicely. Jurk has also been off tonight
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:What are you talking about then?

All I ever did was point out that he has a very, very long way to go and has a tough time making decisions in the pocket.

That said, at least IB makes the effort to go to a Costco for games. Filtering your opinions through WEEI should make you reassess priorities.

No, before he ever took a snap you said he was a headcase and shouldn't be starting. You predicted you would change your position though, so there is that.

Boneyard called.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Agreed, but I’m willing to chalk this up to one awful showing, including the coaches. Let’s see what happens the rest of the season.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:47 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Agreed, but I’m willing to chalk this up to one awful showing, including the coaches. Let’s see what happens the rest of the season.

Fair enough. I'm also willing to realize no one here thought they would be in most of these games. Except HJS of course, he predicted it.

No, really, you can't be mad where they are at but in a vacuum, this kind of crap is not good from a coaching standpoint.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Biletnikoff having a big night.

I don’t get these posts. Is this your continued anti-Zay agenda for being recently named as a finalist?

Pointing out he might win it if he stops dropping the ball and jumping off sides, like you predicting things.

You aren’t watch the game. He jumped once and hasn’t had many drops at all. Zay Flowers isn’t the reason we are losing. But your “great” D is probably a factor.

You guys still hoping for Lukabu to be the next head coach when Hafley is hired by the Jets?

He had two drops. He jumped off sides once. You are a miserable douche that is rooting for BC to lose badly so you can brag on a website with 3 posters. All facts.

PS I said the D was playing well for a shitty defense.

Since the radio guys aren’t telling you... Jurk isn’t anywhere near accurate. He’s skipping passes all over the place. Consistently short. I have no idea what “drops” you saw through Meterperel’s eyes. But, Zay isn’t the problem. Nor was Long. Nor was Bailey. The OL actually wasn’t even their normal trash. That said, your backpedaling on BC’s dominant D is as ineffectual as the actual D.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I don’t get these posts. Is this your continued anti-Zay agenda for being recently named as a finalist?

Pointing out he might win it if he stops dropping the ball and jumping off sides, like you predicting things.

You aren’t watch the game. He jumped once and hasn’t had many drops at all. Zay Flowers isn’t the reason we are losing. But your “great” D is probably a factor.

You guys still hoping for Lukabu to be the next head coach when Hafley is hired by the Jets?

He had two drops. He jumped off sides once. You are a miserable douche that is rooting for BC to lose badly so you can brag on a website with 3 posters. All facts.

Since the radio guys aren’t telling you... Jurk isn’t anywhere near accurate. He’s skipping passes all over the place. Consistently short. I have no idea what “drops” you saw through Meterperel’s eyes. But, Zay isn’t the problem. Nor was Long. Nor was Bailey. The OL actually wasn’t even their normal trash. That said, your backpedaling on BC’s dominant D is as ineffectual as the actual D.

Are you still posting?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:49 pm

I hope this ass-kicking serves as a wake up call for the coaches. One consistent theme we've seen every week is the team shooting themselves in the foot. I don't think accountability is a word they have looked at much yet (aside from avoiding COVID). There must be some accountability.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:When can we launch Palmer, Richardson and McDuffie to the moon?

Since you always claimed that Daz was a great recruiter, who should be playing?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:50 pm

They played like shit tonight, they deserved to lose.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Since the radio guys aren’t telling you... Jurk isn’t anywhere near accurate. He’s skipping passes all over the place. Consistently short. I have no idea what “drops” you saw through Meterperel’s eyes. But, Zay isn’t the problem. Nor was Long. Nor was Bailey. The OL actually wasn’t even their normal trash. That said, your backpedaling on BC’s dominant D is as ineffectual as the actual D.

Are you still posting?

You should’ve never started.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Since the radio guys aren’t telling you... Jurk isn’t anywhere near accurate. He’s skipping passes all over the place. Consistently short. I have no idea what “drops” you saw through Meterperel’s eyes. But, Zay isn’t the problem. Nor was Long. Nor was Bailey. The OL actually wasn’t even their normal trash. That said, your backpedaling on BC’s dominant D is as ineffectual as the actual D.

Are you still posting?

You should’ve never started.

Ha, tell us about how Grosel ValecceJohnson should be starting again.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Meter is an idiot
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 pm

Three false starts on wide receivers. WTF?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 pm

8 penalties tonight so far...
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:56 pm

Receivers watch the fucking ball get snapped. Coaching.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Meter is an idiot

So is HJS
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 pm

Garbage time is making this loss even more excruciating
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:04 pm

Jurk fucking tackles better than anyone on D and Special Teams.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:04 pm

It is definitely time for one of HJS' preferred QBs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:8 penalties tonight so far...

That didn't help but that is not why they lost.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 pm

The whole I got your back if you make mistakes thing is awesome, but this team is undisciplined as fuck. Needs to be a happy medium.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 pm

an INT?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 pm

LOL Palmer.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It is definitely time for one of HJS' preferred QBs.

It is definitely time for you to shit on Zay, defend Meterperel, all while telling the board that the D and Jurk were not the problem today (based on Pete Cronan’s commentating).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:09 pm

This is embarrassing
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It is definitely time for one of HJS' preferred QBs.

It is definitely time for you to shit on Zay, defend Meterperel, all while telling the board that the D and Jurk were not the problem today (based on Pete Cronan’s commentating).

Shit you predicted it! Kudos! Clown.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 pm

The one drawback of the extra eligibility ruling is that we’ll have a whole other year of watching Palmer whiff on literally every 1v1 tackle.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium