Jags' first full recruiting class

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Jags' first full recruiting class

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:As an aside- love the King of Dicks macro. If King of Dicks actually registers with his EI handle, will he be posting as King of Dicks1969?

EDIT: Looks like it's not working.

OJ1969

I for one think the auto-correct functionality discussed is uber lame. Great... posters will have their posts edited to automatically add inside jokes and previously prohibited words (like fuck). Seriously, that is exactly something that Zander would do... wait... Zander did do things like that. Why in the effing world would we want to immitate his actions?

BTW... boo on whoever signed up OJ1969. I really don't have any interest in trying to figure out if a new poster with the handle "fceagles" or its like is OJ or not.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:teddy... Like I said, there is plenty out there if you are so inclined... just use what I freaking write.

Eagledom's question asked if I was predicting another possible loss. I'll predict that it is possible we lose every game we play now until the end of time. I also predict the same possible loss for any future game of USC, Bama, Florida, etc. The question as posed by Eagledom is either retarded or phrased in a manner to suggest I predicted that Northeastern had something like a 50% chance of winning.

Regardless, Northeastern was not the same program we played a few years ago. That much was clear on Staurday. Outside of that, I don't think you can tell much about the team other than Spaz had them ready to play and they performed better than could have been expected. I think we will learn a hell of a lot more when we play Kent State. Unlike others, I think the MAC is a decent conference and KSU is going to be one of the conference's better teams this year.
Last edited by Eagledom on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:teddy... Like I said, there is plenty out there if you are so inclined... just use what I freaking write.

Eagledom's question asked if I was predicting another possible loss. I'll predict that it is possible we lose every game we play now until the end of time. I also predict the same possible loss for any future game of USC, Bama, Florida, etc. The question as posed by Eagledom is either retarded or phrased in a manner to suggest I predicted that Northeastern had something like a 50% chance of winning.

Regardless, Northeastern was not the same program we played a few years ago. That much was clear on Staurday. Outside of that, I don't think you can tell much about the team other than Spaz had them ready to play and they performed better than could have been expected. I think we will learn a hell of a lot more when we play Kent State. Unlike others, I think the MAC is a decent conference and KSU is going to be one of the conference's better teams this year.

"I wouldn't be that surprised by a loss" is not even remotely close to "any team can lose any game." You were trying to make a point about Spaz's "horrible game preparation" and it made you look like a douchebag.

"I wouldn't be THAT surprised by a loss... thought [sic] it would be the worst loss in BC history" (emphasis in the original)
Selective quotation is an affliction of the elderly and mildly retarded.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:29 pm

"I wouldn't be surprised if we lose" is not even remotely close to "any team can lose on any given saturday", let's not pretend that was your point. You were trying to say what a crappy job Spaz has done with preparing the team (which you totally pulled out of your ass), and you ended up looking like a douchebag.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 pm

This seems like the appropriate thread to ask HJS to remind us that MA recruits can't wait to get out of MA.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:53 pm

I find it hysterical that after something like 6 attempts, Eagledom still can't correctly quote what I wrote.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:56 pm

HomoJS {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:As an aside- love the King of Dicks macro. If King of Dicks actually registers with his EI handle, will he be posting as King of Dicks1969?

OJ1969

I for one think the auto-correct functionality discussed is uber lame. Great... posters will have their posts edited to automatically add inside jokes and previously prohibited words (like fuck). Seriously, that is exactly something that Zander would do... wait... Zander did do things like that. Why in the effing world would we want to immitate his actions?

BTW... boo on whoever signed up OJ1969. I really don't have any interest in trying to figure out if a new poster with the handle "fceagles" or its like is King of Dicks or not.

Zman stole that from EagleCaddy. I, for one, think we should want to be more like EagleCaddy.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:29 pm

OJ1969

I can add the wildcard to the end of "O.J%" if there is interest. Currently only converts if O.J. appears standalone. I obviously can't do %O.J% or else words like project would get screwed up.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm

King of Dicks

O.J = OJ
and
O.J1969 = OJ1969
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm

talon {l Wrote}:
Zman stole that from EagleCaddy. I, for one, think we should want to be more like EagleCaddy.

EagleCaddy never created anything other than the Moderator of the Year award. He certainly was not tech savvy enough to develop an auto-correct. The brilliance of EagleCaddy was in the simplicity of which he went about his moderator duties. Simply editing OJ's post and reserving use of said power to only when OJ was in full meltdown.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Ugh
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Remind me, was there an autocorrect on *** ******* on the old nexus?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I find it hysterical that after something like 6 attempts, Eagledom still can't correctly quote what I wrote.

I quoted you twice because this goddamn thing doesn't autumatically go to the last page of the thread when you click on it....so I though my original post didn't show up....

In any case, the backtracking from your original premise is pretty lame....but par for the course.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:36 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Remind me, was there an autocorrect on *** ******* on the old nexus?

No autocorrect, had to type out the stars.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I find it hysterical that after something like 6 attempts, Eagledom still can't correctly quote what I wrote.

I quoted you twice because this goddamn thing doesn't autumatically go to the last page of the thread when you click on it....so I though my original post didn't show up....

In any case, the backtracking from your original premise is pretty lame....but par for the course.

click on the little red document icon (it's left of the thread title) to jump to the first unread post ; to go to the last page of the thread click the page number button next to replies.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium