UNC Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

UNC Week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:59 am

Game notes: https://bceagles.com/documents/2020/9/28//UNC20.pdf
Roberts added to the depth chart, otherwise I do not see any changes.
Really need a better effort from the OL Saturday.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: UNC Week

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:35 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Really need a better effort from the OL Saturday.

fyp

no more jurkovec sacks with the three man rush
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:28 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Really need a better effort from the OL Saturday.

I hope it's an easy fix. Can't say I'm optimistic, but would like to be pleasantly surprised.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:51 am

Sept 29 media appearance

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:26 am

sept 30 media appearance

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Weekly Radio Show @ October 1

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 pm

UNC is one of Jesse Palmer's "virtual locks" to cover 14 point spread.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:18 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:UNC is one of Jesse Palmer's "virtual locks" to cover 14 point spread.

Is that the guy from the bachelor?

No one in their right mind calls UNC or any team coached by Mack Brown a virtual lock to do anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they cover and after last week, I understand it, but you can't underestimate UNC football's ability to screw things up. I wouldn't bet this game period.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:UNC is one of Jesse Palmer's "virtual locks" to cover 14 point spread.

No one in their right mind calls UNC or any team coached by Mack Brown a virtual lock to do anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they cover and after last week, I understand it, but you can't underestimate UNC football's ability to screw things up. I wouldn't bet this game period.

Aside from Palmer being a total knob, he’s also a fool. UNC hasn’t played in three weeks. For that reason alone they aren’t a lock to do anything. Double digit ACC road favorites not named Clemson are rarely a sure thing.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This UNC team is extremely talented and Mack Brown is a much better coach than you give him credit for. I don’t think this team will give up or randomly shit the bed / not show up like some of those Larry Fedora / Butch Davis / John Bunting teams of years last. That said, I 100% would not bet on a team that hasn’t played in almost a month or against a team like BC that has shown some serious flashes of talent but at a inconsistent level.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:19 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This UNC team is extremely talented and Mack Brown is a much better coach than you give him credit for. I don’t think this team will give up or randomly shit the bed / not show up like some of those Larry Fedora / Butch Davis / John Bunting teams of years last. That said, I 100% would not bet on a team that hasn’t played in almost a month or against a team like BC that has shown some serious flashes of talent but at a inconsistent level.

Mack Brown is a clown. Texas used to have a football team.

UNC is the most overrated football program is history. Every single year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I think K-State, A&M and NC State all have arguments here.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:46 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Other than A&M has anyone noticed those teams? Can you be overrated of you aren't rated?

Good call on A&M
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Other than A&M has anyone noticed those teams? Can you be overrated of you aren't rated?

Good call on A&M

NC State, fair point. Feels like they get talked up every preseason, but then spit the bit early.

K-State was seemingly always ranked under Snyder, but he played a very weak OOC, then they always choked the big game.

Growing up, all I remember was Blauds always righting articles on how it was A&M's year. I've rooted against them just for that reason.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium