Week 1 Other Games

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Week 1 Other Games

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:44 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Let me know how many of those people end up dying

dying? hell, how many have to even think about going to the hospital. my guess is fewer than a typical night at the drunk tank at st. e's.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:54 am

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

So they are calling 80-something positives an “outbreak”????

That is absolutely absurd. This is fear politics at its worst. Marty and Charlie must be thrilled.

I think the alarm is not the total number but the growth rate. It went from roughly 5 to 80 in a couple days.
This situation was not deserving of Hohler hit piece but the jump is obviously something worth watching closely.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:00 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

dying? hell, how many have to even think about going to the hospital. my guess is fewer than a typical night at the drunk tank at st. e's.

Same point I made about football months ago. Cancel football and classes and more kids will get shot hanging around their hometowns than will even be hospitalized with covid, let alone die.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 am

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

That is absolutely absurd. This is fear politics at its worst. Marty and Charlie must be thrilled.

What would be their motivations to be thrilled?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:26 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Still not remotely the point.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Teddy wants this conversation to focus back on when fans will be able to attend BC games. It keeps going on tangents because BC fans have no intention on attending games even if permitted.

But, to split the baby between the two factions... how many kids from this outbreak caught the virus from being a spectator at an outdoor sporting event?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:19 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Then go back to your personal experiences over the last several months. You don't know anybody who died of COVID. We all know people who got sick, but they recovered. If this were a true pandemic, you would have known several people who died.

Blowing off the reality of the pandemic at this point because you don't know someone who died just makes no sense, and any doctor who reads this is rolling his/her eyes. You ignore the fact that mitigation measures taken beginning in March and through present have prevented hundreds of thousands of people from getting sick or dying. (That, and the improved treatment methods developed over the past few months). Imagine what the numbers would look like if no one had been wearing masks and we all continued to have big indoor parties and gatherings these past 6 months.

Saying this is not a "real" pandemic is just as stupid as saying "shut everything down until nobody gets sick!" There is a middle way that involves reasonable mitigation measures like masking, social distancing, no big events, etc. Restaurants, business and schools can and should open with appropriate mitigation measures. And yes, BC should allow some fans for an outdoor game. But given that the school's #1 goal is to stay open with kids on campus, and anything that could impede that goal is going to get tossed overboard at this point, you aren't going to have fans in Alumni in the near future.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:31 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Then go back to your personal experiences over the last several months. You don't know anybody who died of COVID. We all know people who got sick, but they recovered. If this were a true pandemic, you would have known several people who died.

Any doctor who reads this is rolling his/her eyes. You ignore the fact that mitigation measures taken beginning in March and through present have prevented hundreds of thousands of people from getting sick or dying. Imagine what the numbers would look like if no one had been wearing masks and we all continued to have big indoor parties and gatherings these past 6 months.

So, you're saying Trump did a good job with Covid?
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:37 am

Any doctor who reads this is rolling his/her eyes. You ignore the fact that mitigation measures taken beginning in March and through present have prevented hundreds of thousands of people from getting sick or dying. Imagine what the numbers would look like if no one had been wearing masks and we all continued to have big indoor parties and gatherings these past 6 months.

Saying this is not a "real" pandemic is just as stupid as saying "shut everything down until nobody gets sick!" There is a middle way that involves reasonable mitigation measures like masking, social distancing, no big events, etc. Restaurants, business and schools can and should open with appropriate mitigation measures. And yes, BC should allow some fans for an outdoor game. But blowing off the reality of the pandemic at this point because you don't know someone who died just makes no sense dude.

BME is right.

Look, we are ALL getting tired of this shit. I know I am. I have had it with this crap and I am ready to dance naked around a little bonfire in my backyard with these fucking masks. But I remember what it was like when I had it and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. It was like the worst flu I have ever had. For me, Covid-19 = The Flu + Mono + Constipation + Dehydration + being a vampire in sunlight. But I recovered and I am alive and immune. We can't say that about almost 200,000 other US citizens. And yeah, those 80 nineteen year old Eagles at BC who have this, likely none of them will have had it as bad as I did. But I am almost 50. I have more days behind me than I do ahead of me.

This is the worst health crisis in any of our lifetimes, far worse than AIDS (which is 100% preventable.) And someone would say that our politicians are over-reacting. And some would say that they are dramatically under-reacting. But every politicians who opens his mouth and takes a side (any side) is doing so NOT because he believes that someone else is willfully putting lives in danger OR willfully trying to ruin the economy. They are doing it just trying to get themselves (or someone they like) elected. Which is another reason why I have had it with this crap.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:17 am

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:

So, you're saying Trump did a good job with Covid?

Well played. I’m not looking for another political fight - we can do that in the Mary Ann's thread. I’ll say this: this was an unprecedented situation and the administration had to make a lot of decisions on the fly. I’m not going to fault them for a lot of those decisions - they made some good and some bad early on. I think some governors - Desantis, Cuomo and Kemp in particular - made some terrible decisions early on that led to very avoidable sicknesses and deaths. But as I’ve said before, I think Trump's messaging - in particular downplaying of the whole pandemic from the outset, was a disaster. And I now think it was even more of a disaster in light of his own statements to Woodward saying how deadly and easily spread the disease was. So none of what Trump knew squared with his statements that this will “all be gone“ by April. To be so colossally wrong about such an important issue to the American people, well, to my mind it's disqualifying. Any middle manager at a company who was wrong about such a critical issue to the company would be fired. I also think his pretty regular disparagement of masking is just plain dumb and only emboldens people to blow off that simple step to mitigate spread. And having rallies (especially indoor) right now with no social distancing just makes zero sense to me and shows a disregard for the health of his own supporters.

I know many of you don’t share my beliefs on this, and that’s fine. But you asked.

Now let's get back to debating whether UNC is overrated . . .
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Teddy wants this conversation to focus back on when fans will be able to attend BC games. It keeps going on tangents because BC fans have no intention on attending games even if permitted.

But, to split the baby between the two factions... how many kids from this outbreak caught the virus from being a spectator at an outdoor sporting event?

The tired argument about whether coronavirus bad doesn't interest me. Being able to watch BC play football does.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

The tired argument about whether coronavirus bad doesn't interest me. Being able to watch BC play football does.

I like bc football.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Blowing off the reality of the pandemic at this point because you don't know someone who died just makes no sense, and any doctor who reads this is rolling his/her eyes. You ignore the fact that mitigation measures taken beginning in March and through present have prevented hundreds of thousands of people from getting sick or dying. (That, and the improved treatment methods developed over the past few months). Imagine what the numbers would look like if no one had been wearing masks and we all continued to have big indoor parties and gatherings these past 6 months.

Saying this is not a "real" pandemic is just as stupid as saying "shut everything down until nobody gets sick!" There is a middle way that involves reasonable mitigation measures like masking, social distancing, no big events, etc. Restaurants, business and schools can and should open with appropriate mitigation measures. And yes, BC should allow some fans for an outdoor game. But given that the school's #1 goal is to stay open with kids on campus, and anything that could impede that goal is going to get tossed overboard at this point, you aren't going to have fans in Alumni in the near future.

I am not blowing off the reality of the pandemic simply because of personal experience. I am dismissing the severity based on several things including, but not limited to: facts, statistics, critical thinking skills, knowledge of the cabal, and personal experience. I resorted to that last bit here because Frito seems incapable of using critical thinking skills and doing independent research. I have the truth and stats on my side, but any quotes from doctors or stats will be dismissed by you or Hansen for whatever excuse you want to use. As mentioned previously, there have been numerous doctors who have spoken out about this pandemic, but you'll claim they are paid off by Trump or some other ridiculous reason. Therefore, I tried to appeal to another part of hansen's brain and use personal experience to see if we could reach a breakthrough. Not surprisingly, we didn't make any progress.

I'll post this chart again and ask you, how on earth does this reflect a pandemic?

MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:35 pm

That table looks totally legit.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:36 pm

Again don't care much, but that rant by Militant followed by that chart as evidence was laugh out loud funny.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Again don't care much, but that rant by Militant followed by that chart as evidence was laugh out loud funny.

Feel free to dispute with evidence of hospitalizations and deaths for these college students. But you can't, because there haven't been any.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:That table looks totally legit.

I'm sure the table IS legit. I don't dispute the numbers one bit. I was never hospitalized. More to follow.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Again don't care much, but that rant by Militant followed by that chart as evidence was laugh out loud funny.

Feel free to dispute with evidence of hospitalizations and deaths for these college students. But you can't, because there haven't been any.

You proved 18-22 year old kids at random colleges don't get hospitalized, maybe, congrats. They probably don't die of old age either, but that doesn't mean no one is dying of old age.

No idea what this does to refute the point that there is zero chance BC is allowing students in the stands regardless of the governor's orders.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm

MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}: I have had it with this crap and I am ready to dance naked around a little bonfire in my backyard with these fucking masks.

Uh, hey buddy. I think you're using them wrong
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:02 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:No lockdown and no masks:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... y/belarus/

No free elections either. Can't trust them to count a vote but apparently they're good enough to count a case. You may be right. I don't know. But Belarus is a poor example to use to prove that point given their issues counting.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:07 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I am not blowing off the reality of the pandemic simply because of personal experience. I am dismissing the severity based on several things including, but not limited to: facts, statistics, critical thinking skills, knowledge of the cabal, and personal experience. I resorted to that last bit here because Frito seems incapable of using critical thinking skills and doing independent research. I have the truth and stats on my side, but any quotes from doctors or stats will be dismissed by you or Hansen for whatever excuse you want to use. As mentioned previously, there have been numerous doctors who have spoken out about this pandemic, but you'll claim they are paid off by Trump or some other ridiculous reason. Therefore, I tried to appeal to another part of hansen's brain and use personal experience to see if we could reach a breakthrough. Not surprisingly, we didn't make any progress.

I'll post this chart again and ask you, how on earth does this reflect a pandemic?

ME,

I'm just going to respond once to this. As was said by an actor playing a Sheriff in what may be the most famous Paul Newman movie

A Cool Hand Luke writer {l Wrote}:What we have here is a failure to communicate

That is all this is, no communication. I will agree that for the 11,000+ students in school with Covid-19 who have ALL probably recovered by now, they probably don't think this is a pandemic. It was (for them) a temporary inconvenience. They were likely incapacitated for a short while, stuck at home with mom or dad or quarantined in their dorm room taking all their classes via Zoom. No partying, no drinking, no getting laid. And they are wondering why their college years (which have been advertised to them as the best years of their lives) are in anyway diminished from the full college experience. They may feel cheated and annoyed that anyone in authority can DENY them what they felt they have the freedom to do because someone ELSE dares to call this a "pandemic."

But when you are 85 (or perhaps a poor minority over the age of 60 living a very sickly lifestyle), it most certainly IS a fucking pandemic. You don't leave your house. You don't leave your trailer. You don't see your grandkids. My father-in-law is convinced that if he gets this, he is dead.

There is no communication here. Its apples and oranges. The young people are annoyed. The middle aged people see your college aged Covid-19 statistics and think this is all political. And the old people are scared they are going to die. This is not a matter of who is wrong or who is right. It IS a matter of no one being able to properly communicate what it is EXACTLY they think a pandemic should be.

I don't dispute your chart one bit. I don't think anyone here disputes it. And yes, thank God that He (in His infinite wisdom) is sparing all the young people stricken with this disease. God is calling all the old people home, calling all the sickly people home, calling all the people home who spent their decades living an unhealthy lifestyle. We get it. But the people in "authority" can't communicate what this "pandemic" is properly because no one wants to hear it like that (its too hurtful.) And even if they do say it, someone ELSE (who wants to BE in authority) will spin that communication around in a way to make the other person look TERRIBLE for saying what needs to be said.

Here in this community we can communicate it. AIDS was a pandemic for gay males. Covid-19 is a pandemic for old people. Covid-19 is a pandemic for very sick people. Covid-19 is a pandemic for poverty stricken minority people living unhealthy lifestyles. That is why Sweden and Norway (and students in their late teens to early 20s in every major American university) :shrug during all of this, it didn't even scratch them. Scandinavia didn't give a fuck whereas Italy and Spain (with their smoking, drinking, obesity, and most importantly elderly rates) got ravaged. And young people, they weren't killed. This "pandemic" is one of demographics. But to say it like that is to be mean, cruel to be kind so to speak. And cruel that this may be, old people and sickly people oftentimes attend sporting events as spectators. And to admit them to a BC football game is to increase the "pandemic."
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:13 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

No free elections either. Can't trust them to count a vote but apparently they're good enough to count a case. You may be right. I don't know. But Belarus is a poor example to use to prove that point given their issues counting.

This was a predictable response. Lukashenko doesn't go along with the cabal (hence no lockdown), so you have Soros organized demonstrations and the corrupt and complicit media attacking him. Regardless of whether places locked down or not, the survival rate is above 99.9%. Not a pandemic, although Trump's detractors wish it were as bad as they claimed.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:55 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

What would be their motivations to be thrilled?

Both have consistently preached the fear of thousands dead in the streets and ruined the MA economy, while meanwhile the only people dying, seemingly, are in the state-run nursing homes.

Also, every time the facts come out that do not support the underlying political motivations, the goal posts move. What happened to flattening the curve? How come no one reports rates of recovery? All these alarming stats were front page news until it wasn’t politically expedient to make them fro t page news. So low suddenly 80 college kids testing positive is reason for alarm and possibly closing the campus??? Do you seriously see this as a prelude to overwhelming the hospitals....something that also never happened?

This is about controlling public perception, not controlling an out of control health crisis.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:15 pm

That’s a lot of words without answering the question. What is their motivation to ruin the MA economy?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:22 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

This was a predictable response. Lukashenko doesn't go along with the cabal (hence no lockdown), so you have Soros organized demonstrations and the corrupt and complicit media attacking him. Regardless of whether places locked down or not, the survival rate is above 99.9%. Not a pandemic, although Trump's detractors wish it were as bad as they claimed.

Your understanding of the word "pandemic" seems off. But it's probably my fault since Soros controls language.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:32 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Your understanding of the word "pandemic" seems off. But it's probably my fault since Soros controls language.

I will reword the last sentence as follows: Not worth locking down, wearing masks, and destroying the economy, but Trump's detractor's wish it were as bad as they claimed.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Burkekq on Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Dunno if it's helpful to the conversation at all, vis a vis the chart that's posted, but, for instance, the University of Georgia is not reporting hospitalizations of students at all. So while the number on the chart is in fact zero and accurate in that zero have been reported, we don't actually know how many students have ended up hospitalized. While we might debate the wisdom of various measures taken, we should probably be pretty careful about the charts we cite.
Burkekq
n00b

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Burkekq {l Wrote}:Dunno if it's helpful to the conversation at all, vis a vis the chart that's posted, but, for instance, the University of Georgia is not reporting hospitalizations of students at all. So while the number on the chart is in fact zero and accurate in that zero have been reported, we don't actually know how many students have ended up hospitalized. While we might debate the wisdom of various measures taken, we should probably be pretty careful about the charts we cite.

Do they report deaths? Are the bodies piling up? I’ll go out on a limb and say they’ll have a 100% survival rate.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Can we move this discussion to the Covid 2020 thread, the election 2020 thread, or the militant conspiracy theory thread?

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium