New Uniforms

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New Uniforms

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat May 23, 2020 8:27 am

Does anyone have information on the new uniforms? I hear their are 4 different color helmets, white, black with BC block logo, gold and gold with maroon eagle wings.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Re: New Uniforms

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat May 23, 2020 8:50 am

There were helmets posted online by a guy unaffiliated with BC. These are not actual uniform/helmet changes.

https://twitter.com/iu_customs/status/1 ... 96385?s=21
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat May 23, 2020 10:21 am

Those are the helmets I saw. The 3rd looks like what we have now. I like #4 with the eagle wings. That could look good on the hockey helmet as well. Please, no white or black, those are not our colors. Penn St has the white outs and Louisville has had black outs as has FSU.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat May 23, 2020 2:43 pm

I regret clicking on this thread.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat May 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Some people just don't belong on the internet. Corners, you're one of them.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat May 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Some people just don't belong on the internet. Corners, you're one of them.

savage :lol: :lol: :lol:
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun May 24, 2020 1:29 pm

That info came from within the BCAA. New coach new uniforms? You have to believe JH is going to change things up quite a bit.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun May 24, 2020 3:42 pm

BCAA??? Seriously? That’s just stupid alums (who pretend they have inside info) talking to stupider alums (who believe them). So... pretty much these boards (but with meatbombs confined to the stall of Keeper’s tapping foot).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:42 pm

One of the recruiting guys on staff, Joe Sullivan, tweeted in a response to AJ Dillon today that there are new uniforms planned for the 2021 season :shrug
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:51 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:One of the recruiting guys on staff, Joe Sullivan, tweeted in a response to AJ Dillon today that there are new uniforms planned for the 2021 season :shrug

He also said Dillon would be happy with them and Dillon chose the slanted logo in the logo competition sponsored by BC Athletics.
Isn't the slanted logo already on uniforms? or just the eagle flying?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:31 am

I saw Sullivan allude to a contract being the reason why the new uniforms are coming in 2021 and not this season, so maybe we’re finally ditching under armor?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:11 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:I saw Sullivan allude to a contract being the reason why the new uniforms are coming in 2021 and not this season, so maybe we’re finally ditching under armor?

Do we want to ditch them? I thought the kids like it.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:15 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I saw Sullivan allude to a contract being the reason why the new uniforms are coming in 2021 and not this season, so maybe we’re finally ditching under armor?

Football I’m not sure it’s a huge difference, but it definitely hurts in basketball.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:47 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Football I’m not sure it’s a huge difference, but it definitely hurts in basketball.

Kids are not avoiding playing for Jimmy Mac because of the shoes. Our best sustained success in the sport (under Skinner) came when we had the worst shoe arrangement. We could have an entire arm of Nike making shoes that sell out on SNKRS the second they drop... and BC would still miss the Tourney each year. UCLA, Wisconsin, Auburn, Maryland, ND, Cincy, Temple (our new AD), Cal, Gamecocks, Utah and Texas Tech all are able to find players who aren't paid by Nike.

There is nothing wrong with Under Armour, except the complete lack of development in the uniform (which may have been BC's choosing).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Kids are not avoiding playing for Jimmy Mac because of the shoes. Our best sustained success in the sport (under Skinner) came when we had the worst shoe arrangement. We could have an entire arm of Nike making shoes that sell out on SNKRS the second they drop... and BC would still miss the Tourney each year. UCLA, Wisconsin, Auburn, Maryland, ND, Cincy, Temple (our new AD), Cal, Gamecocks, Utah and Texas Tech all are able to find players who aren't paid by Nike.

There is nothing wrong with Under Armour, except the complete lack of development in the uniform (which may have been BC's choosing).

To be clear, the Nike/SNKRS arrangement you discussed would get BC pretty much any recruit of their choosing in both sports (see Oregon, University of). It's also insane.

The sponsorship isn't the reason we suck, but it doesn't help. Adidas sponsors Mass Rivals and BABC is obviously Nike. I've also heard UAs cleats for football are terrible.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Forget where I read this, but Im fairly certain that UA is one of (if not the) leader in footwear on the football side at HS level, a long way from the early days when USCe was complaining about the cleats damaging their feet and injuring players. I agree, at least on the football side, you'd like to see UA push more stuff (if you look at their website, they obv push a lot of ND/UCLA but also more Wisconsin and Navy apparel) but they do a fine job overall, no different than what Nike would do as a second level priority school. They have actually been making strides on the consumer apparel customization side so I wonder if they would ever integrate that to the collegiate division for fans to have more options.

I also have a feeling that Addazio didn't really care about that side of things and just took whatever baseline shit UA sent them under the terms of their contract. Perfect example, albeit a small one, look at what Addazio wore on sidelines in inclement weather. Nothing custom, nothing logo'd, just basic UA rain apparel. Obviously contrast with ND and it does make BC look JV, but I am not convinced thats because of the arrangement and more with leadership. Maybe that changes with a younger Hafley (and someone from a more recent, big time program where the apparel stuff has become more important than when Addazio was at his last big time stop) who is likely more marketable and perhaps sees the benefit in recruiting to try and leverage the UA brand.

I tend to doubt the role that it plays on the basketball side. BC has recruited so nationally since the Skinner days that im not going to lose sleep over not having the same shoe contract as BABC or one of the local AAU programs. Maybe it would help, but that aint why BC has struggled under JC. As was pointed out before, BC excelled in both BB and FB when they were under contract with Reebok, a total afterthought.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:59 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Forget where I read this, but Im fairly certain that UA is one of (if not the) leader in footwear on the football side at HS level, a long way from the early days when USCe was complaining about the cleats damaging their feet and injuring players. I agree, at least on the football side, you'd like to see UA push more stuff (if you look at their website, they obv push a lot of ND/UCLA but also more Wisconsin and Navy apparel) but they do a fine job overall, no different than what Nike would do as a second level priority school. They have actually been making strides on the consumer apparel customization side so I wonder if they would ever integrate that to the collegiate division for fans to have more options.

I also have a feeling that Addazio didn't really care about that side of things and just took whatever baseline shit UA sent them under the terms of their contract. Perfect example, albeit a small one, look at what Addazio wore on sidelines in inclement weather. Nothing custom, nothing logo'd, just basic UA rain apparel. Obviously contrast with ND and it does make BC look JV, but I am not convinced thats because of the arrangement and more with leadership. Maybe that changes with a younger Hafley (and someone from a more recent, big time program where the apparel stuff has become more important than when Addazio was at his last big time stop) who is likely more marketable and perhaps sees the benefit in recruiting to try and leverage the UA brand.

I tend to doubt the role that it plays on the basketball side. BC has recruited so nationally since the Skinner days that im not going to lose sleep over not having the same shoe contract as BABC or one of the local AAU programs. Maybe it would help, but that aint why BC has struggled under JC. As was pointed out before, BC excelled in both BB and FB when they were under contract with Reebok, a total afterthought.

It does matter in the basketball world, but if we pick Adidas you'll alienate BABC and if you pick Nike you'll alienate Mass Rivals. Ultimately they stink under JC because he isn't a very good basketball coach working with non-existent facilities.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Forget where I read this, but Im fairly certain that UA is one of (if not the) leader in footwear on the football side at HS level, a long way from the early days when USCe was complaining about the cleats damaging their feet and injuring players. I agree, at least on the football side, you'd like to see UA push more stuff (if you look at their website, they obv push a lot of ND/UCLA but also more Wisconsin and Navy apparel) but they do a fine job overall, no different than what Nike would do as a second level priority school. They have actually been making strides on the consumer apparel customization side so I wonder if they would ever integrate that to the collegiate division for fans to have more options.

It does matter in the basketball world, but if we pick Adidas you'll alienate BABC and if you pick Nike you'll alienate Mass Rivals. Ultimately they stink under JC because he isn't a very good basketball coach working with non-existent facilities.

Make an apparel decision based on basketball is funny.
Luckily it will never happen here at BC.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:47 pm

BC announced a new long term contract with UA two years ago. We are not changing outfitters in the next 5 years. I confirmed this with an assistant AD. UA does not promote BC because people don’t buy BC gear. Winning sells merchandise. It’s pathetic though that every school except BC had specialty shoes made for sale to the public on the UA website. We need somebody in the athletic department pushing UA to carry more BC products.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:00 pm

ugh, so depressing to read that we're stuck with UA.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Los on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:41 pm

UA does not promote BC because people don’t buy BC gear.

This is the sports apparel equivalent of "We are what we are" or "Boston media will never cover BC because nobody cares about college sports". So you're telling me if you don't promote something people won't buy it? Shocking.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:16 pm

Does anyone know where you can purchase the grey varsity looking jacket that MJ was always wearing? Maybe if they put the good merchandise up for sale people would buy it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4a45VfAjch/
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:54 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Maybe if they put the good merchandise up for sale people would buy it.

Ain't that the motherfucking truth. Jacket looks nice, BUT...you just gotta hope that it's decently made. I don't really trust UA's quality, outside of the jerseys they've produced.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Los {l Wrote}:
UA does not promote BC because people don’t buy BC gear.

This is the sports apparel equivalent of "We are what we are" or "Boston media will never cover BC because nobody cares about college sports". So you're telling me if you don't promote something people won't buy it? Shocking.

Eh, I think it's the sports apparel equivalent of "marketing"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesmith on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:05 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Does anyone know where you can purchase the grey varsity looking jacket that MJ was always wearing? Maybe if they put the good merchandise up for sale people would buy it.

It was for sale in the bookstore. Red one is still available, on fire sale.

https://www.bkstr.com/bostoncollegestore/product/sale-and-clearance/clothing-accessories-sale-and-clearance/boston-college-1-4-zip-double-knit-ncaa-150-top-547143-1
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby xu9697 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:59 pm

IF we play this year, are we wearing the pseudo throwbacks? Every Facebook post and marketing item I see shows the players in those uniforms.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby Los on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:38 pm

xu9697 {l Wrote}:IF we play this year, are we wearing the pseudo throwbacks? Every Facebook post and marketing item I see shows the players in those uniforms.

I’ve noticed the same and am pretty optimistic that’s the approach they’ll take. The throwbacks have been pretty well received the last couple years. You see a ton of the replicas now on game days.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby Los on Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Seems like we’re getting a reveal on Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/bcfootball/status/1296612985142685697?s=21
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby eaglesmith on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:09 pm

Getting rid of the center stripe on the helmet from the looks of it.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:45 pm

It looks like the stripe has been moved to the inside of the helmet this year.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium