Marty

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Marty

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 16, 2020 11:01 pm

BC is my last link to those halcyon days of disappointment in sport. I happen to root for all Boston teams, but even New Jersey Giant fans like HJS should be able to shake a little cyncism with two Super Bowls. The Devils were dominant for a period as well. Shit, even Rutgers went .500 one season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat May 16, 2020 11:05 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 16, 2020 11:08 pm

Only HJS can fuck up the Princess Bride. Well, I'm sure IB can fuck it up too, but only HJS amongst the group that doesn't own 5 RVs in the Arizona desert with no riparian rights. You do you, HJS.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat May 16, 2020 11:12 pm

We will miss Marty because the percentages say that Leahy will fuck up this hire and we will be stuck with either some Spaz-like internal hire or we will get some MACtion with our AD hire, who will replace Jim Christian with John Groce. Let’s face it, unless or until Leahy retires or is pushed out, it is never going to get much better. Sure, Hafley might be wildly successful for a few years but our invincible small timieness as an Athletic Department will ultimately mean we won’t use the resources that could be available to a leadership with vision and courage, Hafley will move on and the percentages say the next hire will suck on ice.

And I fear that even when Leahy relieves us of his “leadership”, that the attitude he brought towards athletics will continue as long as an SJ is running the place. God bless Saint Iggy, Frankie X and the rest of the Counter Reformation vanguard, but the Order has definitely passed its “sell by” date—see Pope Commie the First as the biggest example. The order is crammed to the gills with Liberation Theologians and Bookish Pederasts who despise everything about the religion they chose to serve (although, I suspect most were in it to meet boys). Hopefully, the next President will be a layperson with the vision to see what could be accomplished with the resources that are very much on hand if you provide the donors with a plan and suitable end goal.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat May 16, 2020 11:32 pm

I dislike Leahy. I want him gone from Chestnut Hill. That said, there is a lot of Orange Man Bad-like reactions to him where everything bad is his fault and everything good was Marty.

Leahy hired this sudden savior. If you believe Leahy micromanaged Jarmond and refused to let him make any hirings or firings, then Leahy also was deeply involved with the firing of Daz and the hiring of Hafley (which most think is Marty’s single biggest accomplishment).

Personally, I think Marty gets credit for fundraising, alcohol in the stands, game day experiences, general good face of the program stuff. I think he worked well with Leahy and was able to get what he wanted (that wasn’t a small feat). I think the moves he made was a bit of a mixed bag: Jimmy Mac extended, Daz gone, Hafley hired. He gets a B to B+ in my book.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 16, 2020 11:37 pm

I don't care that much, but if you don't think Marty was a home run, then get ready for disappointment. BC is like a slap hitting second baseman, but has occasional power. You already saw it. Hope Hafley stays a while.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun May 17, 2020 12:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't care that much, but if you don't think Marty was a home run, then get ready for disappointment. BC is like a slap hitting second baseman, but has occasional power. You already saw it. Hope Hafley stays a while.

This is pretty much the type of argument whalpants use for NOT hiring a guy like Jarmond in the first place. There are plenty of similar-to-better options out there. Failure on the next hire doesn’t mean decisions made with the predecessor were wrong.

Besides, according to Thamel, BC matched the financials. After failing to land USC, Marty landed UCLA. Seems he was hellbent to get his family out of Boston and to Cali. He certainly wouldn’t be the first to want to do so.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sun May 17, 2020 8:09 am

It wasn’t just about money. It was about power and the ability to make his own decisions without an old man micromanaging .

Leahy is still a problem. It will thin the pool of candidates unless something changes there. The process to hire the next AD will be similar (which is good) but it doesn’t change the fact that an established talent is less likely to come to BC. Another up-and-coming Asst. AD is more likely unless there is an AD who already has BC connections (McLaughlin).
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun May 17, 2020 8:39 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't care that much, but if you don't think Marty was a home run, then get ready for disappointment. BC is like a slap hitting second baseman, but has occasional power. You already saw it. Hope Hafley stays a while.

This is pretty much the type of argument whalpants use for NOT hiring a guy like Jarmond in the first place. There are plenty of similar-to-better options out there. Failure on the next hire doesn’t mean decisions made with the predecessor were wrong.

Besides, according to Thamel, BC matched the financials. After failing to land USC, Marty landed UCLA. Seems he was hellbent to get his family out of Boston and to Cali. He certainly wouldn’t be the first to want to do so.

Marty wanted out. Period. Full stop. End of story. He pushed hard for the USC job, and from what I understand, he had a constituency there. When UCLA offered, there was little BC could have done to keep him. The fact is, the level of Leahy’s meddling/control/conditions make pretty much every normal P5 job more attractive then BC. It is not a “orange man bad” type situation to point out that the problem is Leahy. Talk to a Marquette booster for ten minutes about the good father and you will find that this didn’t start at BC, and in terms of future hiring—assuming you hire someone who is not hellbent to get out the minute he gets here—the money is here to pay at a scale that is competitive with all but a small handful of baby rapist programs—the issue is the level of autonomy. And while I have no problem with hiring good young talent and it moving on to bigger and better things every few years, the real truth now is that if we had a normal president, that young talent would not necessarily be hell bent on moving, as the salary is available, wealthy alums are in abundance and there is lot to be said about living in Boston vis a vis your typical shitty southern or midwestern college town.

I am not going to get into a fight about whether Marty was home run hire or merely a double. He was a big upgrade over Bates and by virtue of the fact that he wasn’t a miserable cocksucker who alienated vast swaths of the alumni he was also better than Greasy Gene, but he was not a unicorn and frankly, there are more than a handful of young, charismatic deputy ADs out there with those attributes. The problem, as it was with Marty, few of them will take the job under the current preconditions imposed by the President or if they do take it, they will be looking to leave as soon as they can even if we match the salary offer.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun May 17, 2020 9:06 am

I will say, good for Marty for leveraging UCLA into giving him more money than Guerrero was making
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun May 17, 2020 9:07 am

Yeah... yeah... yeah. We all know about Leahy and his hatred of sports. It’s pretty much been my longest running agenda on these boards.

But, MA is littered with posts over the level of brain damage elvii must’ve suffered during his mom’s failed abortion... all because he refuses to acknowledge simple successes of Trump. This is similar. If you want to hate on Leahy, you have to admit that he has had made decent moves over time. He hired TOB. He hired Skinner. He hired GDF. He got BC into the ACC. He fired GDF. He fired Bates. He hired Marty. He hired Hafley (or micromanaged the process so much that Marty left).

His downside is considerable and outweigh his accomplishments. I wanted him gone as soon as he arrived. Nonetheless, it is possible for both good and bad attributes to coexist.
Last edited by HJS on Sun May 17, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun May 17, 2020 9:12 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Marty wanted out. Period. Full stop. End of story. He pushed hard for the USC job, and from what I understand, he had a constituency there. When UCLA offered, there was little BC could have done to keep him. The fact is, the level of Leahy’s meddling/control/conditions make pretty much every normal P5 job more attractive then BC. It is not a “orange man bad” type situation to point out that the problem is Leahy. Talk to a Marquette booster for ten minutes about the good father and you will find that this didn’t start at BC, and in terms of future hiring—assuming you hire someone who is not hellbent to get out the minute he gets here—the money is here to pay at a scale that is competitive with all but a small handful of baby rapist programs—the issue is the level of autonomy. And while I have no problem with hiring good young talent and it moving on to bigger and better things every few years, the real truth now is that if we had a normal president, that young talent would not necessarily be hell bent on moving, as the salary is available, wealthy alums are in abundance and there is lot to be said about living in Boston vis a vis your typical shitty southern or midwestern college town.

I am not going to get into a fight about whether Marty was home run hire or merely a double. He was a big upgrade over Bates and by virtue of the fact that he wasn’t a miserable cocksucker who alienated vast swaths of the alumni he was also better than Greasy Gene, but he was not a unicorn and frankly, there are more than a handful of young, charismatic deputy ADs out there with those attributes. The problem, as it was with Marty, few of them will take the job under the current preconditions imposed by the President or if they do take it, they will be looking to leave as soon as they can even if we match the salary offer.

Can anybody speak to how this man can be removed? Is our status as a bottom dweller in the ACC and our drop in academic rankings enough to force him out? He's 71 years old and has been president for 24 years. This shouldn't be a lifetime appointment like the pope.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun May 17, 2020 9:55 am

Leahy was not heavily involved in the Hafley process and there is a contingent of BOT members that believe in sports and got the money for Hafley staff and to match Jarmond.

The JC thing was COVID based. If no COVID, BC makes a change and if Beilien wanted the job BC would have made a move even if there had been nuclear war.

I think it is fair to say that Leahy and the BOT are all nervous about budgets and the future of college athletics. But I don't think they will hire another Bates. I think fundraising will remain a priority. They saw what a drag Bates had on fundraising and won't do that again.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sun May 17, 2020 10:28 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Can anybody speak to how this man can be removed? Is our status as a bottom dweller in the ACC and our drop in academic rankings enough to force him out? He's 71 years old and has been president for 24 years. This shouldn't be a lifetime appointment like the pope.

This is most likely the last Jesuit President BC will have. Health and his desires are what will have him move on and most likely, those plans are already known at the highest levels. The province has clearly shown they will not move him. It’s his last job before retirement.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 17, 2020 10:34 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I appreciate you sharing your strawman.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun May 17, 2020 10:34 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Leahy was not heavily involved in the Hafley process and there is a contingent of BOT members that believe in sports and got the money for Hafley staff and to match Jarmond.

The JC thing was COVID based. If no COVID, BC makes a change and if Beilien wanted the job BC would have made a move even if there had been nuclear war.

I think it is fair to say that Leahy and the BOT are all nervous about budgets and the future of college athletics. But I don't think they will hire another Bates. I think fundraising will remain a priority. They saw what a drag Bates had on fundraising and won't do that again.

Is there any truth that Jarmond wanted out of New England due to family reasons? We all speculate the good Father was the root cause of him wanting to jump ship (probably because it would further everyone's I-want-Father-Leahy-gone-yesterday agenda) but I read somewhere (maybe even here, I forget) that Jarmond's family did not enjoy New England life and there was almost nothing we could have done to keep him as evident by BC nearly matching his UCLA offer.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun May 17, 2020 10:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Yeah... yeah... yeah. We all know about Leahy and his hatred of sports. It’s pretty much been my longest running agenda on these boards.

But, MA is littered with posts over the level of brain damage elvii must’ve suffered during his mom’s failed abortion... all because he refuses to acknowledge simple successes of Trump. This is similar. If you want to hate on Leahy, you have to admit that he has had made decent moves over time. He hired TOB. He hired Skinner. He hired GDF. He got BC into the ACC. He fired GDF. He fired Bates. He hired Marty. He hired Hafley (or micromanaged the process so much that Marty left).

His downside is considerable and outweigh his accomplishments. I wanted him gone as soon as he arrived. Nonetheless, it is possible for both good and bad attributes to coexist.

I don’t deny that some good things happened on his watch, they did. And the way he played the long game and not throwing a nutty when Mark Warner jammed Va Tech into the ACC at our expense required a deft touch (kudos to Greasy Gene on that play as well). But, like Greasy Gene, that particular triumph has to be weighted against his failures and I think it ignores reality to deny that as long as Leahy is in charge of BC, the athletic department will suffer and the talent we attract will look to leave as soon as practicable.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun May 17, 2020 11:00 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Leahy was not heavily involved in the Hafley process and there is a contingent of BOT members that believe in sports and got the money for Hafley staff and to match Jarmond.

Is there any truth that Jarmond wanted out of New England due to family reasons? We all speculate the good Father was the root cause of him wanting to jump ship (probably because it would further everyone's I-want-Father-Leahy-gone-yesterday agenda) but I read somewhere (maybe even here, I forget) that Jarmond's family did not enjoy New England life and there was almost nothing we could have done to keep him as evident by BC nearly matching his UCLA offer.

Trust me... there can be no other reason than a poster’s agenda.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 17, 2020 11:22 am

Again, strawman. You are very generous with those today.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun May 17, 2020 2:47 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

No idea. If I recall his wife is from Pennsylvania so Mas isn't that much of a culture shock.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun May 17, 2020 4:23 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

No idea. If I recall his wife is from Pennsylvania so Mas isn't that much of a culture shock.

It is my understanding he talked up his wife being Catholic as part of why he appreciated the values and understood the culture of Boston College.

This was a short stop for him. He was extraordinarily transparent.

BC got him a power 5 job without having to spend 5 years at Colgate and then 5 more at Cincinnati. It worked out well for him. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun May 17, 2020 4:50 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Is there any truth that Jarmond wanted out of New England due to family reasons?

MJ is from North Carolina, not sure where his wife is from but they met at Mich St. His kids are too young to have an opinion.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun May 17, 2020 5:08 pm

The flip side to all this is Jumpin' Jarmond may realize down the line how good he had it here. I don't think BC AD is an easy job. But BC AD at a few hundred k? I bet all of us had harder gigs
For less money.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon May 18, 2020 9:15 am

strange story in the globe this morning about jarmond. this is just the portion that talks about jarmond, the rest is about hiring inequities in the nfl. i never heard of gary washburn before, calls the firing of daz "stunning".

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/05/17/sports/diversity-helps-open-door-talented-candidates/?p1=Article_Recirc_Most_Popular

What UCLA did in hiring Martin Jarmond should be the blueprint for the NFL
By Gary Washburn Globe Staff,Updated May 18, 2020, 12:36 a.m.

In this chaotic time where breaking news stories are as prevalent as takeout food orders, two rather interesting stories slipped through the news cycle this week regarding diversity, and lack thereof, in power positions in sports.

Firstly, UCLA is close to hiring Boston College’s Martin Jarmond as its athletic director, the first African-American AD in school history. Secondly, the NFL is floating an idea to offer improved draft picks and added compensatory picks to teams that hire African-Americans and other minorities in coaching positions, a strong indication the Rooney Rule is an abject failure.

UCLA’s hiring of Jarmond is a refreshing move. He’s 39 years old. He’s only been an AD for three years. He is not a UCLA alum. Essentially, the school was seeking a fresh voice, a new vision, a leader who could relate to its students and younger alumni, selecting a rising candidate capable of assuming the position for decades.

The school went outside of the box for a leader, and it’s a critical time for UCLA, whose basketball and football programs have been in decline over the past few years, and have been lapped by Oregon, Washington, and Utah.

Jarmond’s performance and his ability to nab Ohio State defensive assistant Jeff Hafley after the stunning dismissal of Steve Addazio obviously impressed Bruins officials. And Jarmond also made the difficult decision to retain Eagles basketball coach Jim Christian after he appeared done following another disappointing season.

Hopefully, the hiring of Jarmond will motivate other schools to take a fresh approach to hiring athletic directors. It’s rather ridiculous that Jarmond is UCLA’s first African-American AD considering the wealth of Black athletes who have passed through UCLA from Jackie Robinson to Arthur Ashe to Rafer Johnson to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to Ed O’Bannon.

But we’re here. Jarmond in 2020 is a trail blazer. Honestly, it required UCLA officials to conduct a thorough search outside their normal lens, and such a hire is admirable. But let’s be really honest here. Jarmond will carry the burden of representing the next group of aspiring minority athletic directors with how he conducts himself.

Success at UCLA is essentially deep NCAA tournament runs in basketball and a Pac-12 championship and College Football Playoff berth in football. If the Bruins thrive, other Power 5 schools will seek out ADs who look like Jarmond, those who are youthful, with fresh ideas.

And if Jarmond falters? Well, let’s not expect UCLA’s next athletic director to be Black. It’s almost too much for one man to withstand, but Jarmond fully understands the expectations.

Black coaches, athletic directors, and front office officials don’t receive the same second chances as their white counterparts. And while there are dozens of former minority NCAA athletes and academicians who would like the same opportunity as Jarmond, and are ready for such a duty, their opportunity to become an AD at a Power 5 school will likely be based on Jarmond’s success. That’s the reality of this game.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon May 18, 2020 9:28 am

To understand the difference between the UCLA and BC (dumpster fire accusations aside). Boston Globe's NFL writer did an article on UCLA hiring its new AD. The same Boston paper will likely allocate less words from its college reporter when BC hires a replacement.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon May 18, 2020 10:21 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:strange story in the globe this morning about jarmond. this is just the portion that talks about jarmond, the rest is about hiring inequities in the nfl. i never heard of gary washburn before, calls the firing of daz "stunning".

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/05/17/sports/diversity-helps-open-door-talented-candidates/?p1=Article_Recirc_Most_Popular

What UCLA did in hiring Martin Jarmond should be the blueprint for the NFL
By Gary Washburn Globe Staff,Updated May 18, 2020, 12:36 a.m.

In this chaotic time where breaking news stories are as prevalent as takeout food orders, two rather interesting stories slipped through the news cycle this week regarding diversity, and lack thereof, in power positions in sports.

Firstly, UCLA is close to hiring Boston College’s Martin Jarmond as its athletic director, the first African-American AD in school history. Secondly, the NFL is floating an idea to offer improved draft picks and added compensatory picks to teams that hire African-Americans and other minorities in coaching positions, a strong indication the Rooney Rule is an abject failure.

UCLA’s hiring of Jarmond is a refreshing move. He’s 39 years old. He’s only been an AD for three years. He is not a UCLA alum. Essentially, the school was seeking a fresh voice, a new vision, a leader who could relate to its students and younger alumni, selecting a rising candidate capable of assuming the position for decades.

The school went outside of the box for a leader, and it’s a critical time for UCLA, whose basketball and football programs have been in decline over the past few years, and have been lapped by Oregon, Washington, and Utah.

Jarmond’s performance and his ability to nab Ohio State defensive assistant Jeff Hafley after the stunning dismissal of Steve Addazio obviously impressed Bruins officials. And Jarmond also made the difficult decision to retain Eagles basketball coach Jim Christian after he appeared done following another disappointing season.

Hopefully, the hiring of Jarmond will motivate other schools to take a fresh approach to hiring athletic directors. It’s rather ridiculous that Jarmond is UCLA’s first African-American AD considering the wealth of Black athletes who have passed through UCLA from Jackie Robinson to Arthur Ashe to Rafer Johnson to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to Ed O’Bannon.

But we’re here. Jarmond in 2020 is a trail blazer. Honestly, it required UCLA officials to conduct a thorough search outside their normal lens, and such a hire is admirable. But let’s be really honest here. Jarmond will carry the burden of representing the next group of aspiring minority athletic directors with how he conducts himself.

Success at UCLA is essentially deep NCAA tournament runs in basketball and a Pac-12 championship and College Football Playoff berth in football. If the Bruins thrive, other Power 5 schools will seek out ADs who look like Jarmond, those who are youthful, with fresh ideas.

And if Jarmond falters? Well, let’s not expect UCLA’s next athletic director to be Black. It’s almost too much for one man to withstand, but Jarmond fully understands the expectations.

Black coaches, athletic directors, and front office officials don’t receive the same second chances as their white counterparts. And while there are dozens of former minority NCAA athletes and academicians who would like the same opportunity as Jarmond, and are ready for such a duty, their opportunity to become an AD at a Power 5 school will likely be based on Jarmond’s success. That’s the reality of this game.

This is Blauds level thinking, just with a racial grievance and a spell check
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 am

HJS {l Wrote}:To understand the difference between the UCLA and BC (dumpster fire accusations aside). Boston Globe's NFL writer did an article on UCLA hiring its new AD. The same Boston paper will likely allocate less words from its college reporter when BC hires a replacement.

"and it’s a critical time for UCLA, whose basketball and football programs have been in decline over the past few years, and have been lapped by Oregon, Washington, and Utah."

Article had nothing to do with UCLA and everything to do with the guy BC lost.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon May 18, 2020 10:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:"and it’s a critical time for UCLA, whose basketball and football programs have been in decline over the past few years, and have been lapped by Oregon, Washington, and Utah."

What direction has BC basketball and football programs been going over the past few years? Asking for a friend.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 18, 2020 10:40 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:"and it’s a critical time for UCLA, whose basketball and football programs have been in decline over the past few years, and have been lapped by Oregon, Washington, and Utah."

What direction has BC basketball and football programs been going over the past few years? Asking for a friend.

If that were relevant to anything I'd respond the football program has been stuck in mediocre and the basketball program stinks.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

If that were relevant to anything I'd respond the football program has been stuck in mediocre and the basketball program stinks.

It is as relevant to Marty as it is UCLA.

Have you ever spent time with Jarmond? Had a meal? Was pitched by him? Attended one of those small donor gatherings? Or are you doing the athletic director equivalent of box scoring from Costco?

I ask because he is a very transparent and upfront person. His leaving BC was a foregone conclusion the day he accepted the job (see the $2mm windfall in his contract). At no point did he even pretend to be a long-timer. Go back and read almost every post from those who met him... the debate was always centered on whether or not he could leave BC without making a hire. Even regarding UCLA, it wasn't about staying at BC... it was about staying at BC until a B10 position opened in a year or 2. Each move he did... each initiative he endeavored... was always about the short-term and his resume. In the the other thread, I posted about the amateur manner in which he engaged the BB building. That wasn't a surprise. Good guy... wonderful to talk to someone without grandkids... but, he was not some sort of master of the universe. BC may hire someone worse, but they also could certainly do better.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium