Marty

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Marty

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
Logitano wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
Logitano wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:Why is anyone over the age of 30 still a member of the AC? The AC is a way station, a place you join on the relative cheap while attending the FLS diploma mill if you are too donkey Irish to get into the U Club. But the idea that one would still be there when you have procured enough cash to join an honest to goodness country club is beyond ridiculous. The AC is for children and irredeemable alcoholics.


You would have a more intimate view of the current membership since your cousin (iona prep graduate) works for the NYAC. :ace


Wait. Back that up for a moment. As you well know, one of the more shameful aspects of my extended donkey Irish family is the number of Iona Prep grads. Which particular cousin is an employee at the AC. I take it that it was the once promising hoopster turned tennis pro. The other two or three do not seem to have skill sets that would lend themselves to working at the AC—and seemed to be above that station in life at this point. The tennis pro also makes sense as his brother-in-law is your former classmate at Parkchester Prep and apparently a member at the AC. I believe the tennis pro also resides in New Rochelle and would thus be a prime candidate for employment at that pathetic island facility that always gave the Hollow tennis team a good chuckle when we steamrolled the AC in MITL matches. I believe my butler’s pool boy’s gardener used to play there.


Fordham Prep should thank your family for it was a certain IP alum converted FP father, member of the Hollow that influenced one of the best golfers to come out of the northeast in a generation to grace the halls of the Prep and I believe win 4 city titles in golf.

The brother-in-law and my fellow FLS/parkchester prep alum (not classmate) only has spousal privileges. His wife, your cousin, is now and has forever been the "member". I crashed a first birthday party for your first cousin once removed at the city house back when NYC was still a thing in February. Your uncle is found on the lawn of Travers Island most weekends. :ace


And a special thank you on my part to your cousin for endorsing my membership application 10 years ago. Of course, Mrs. Murt and I have moved on after they did almost irreperable damage to our butler's boat by not turning the battery on when they put it in the water, thus resulting in the bilge not pumping and the enging compartment filling with salt water. When confronted, their response was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Mrs. Murt also did not like the flower arrangements on the pool deck, particularly the ones that were just herb gradens which I can't be sure they weren't just plucking basil from the flower boxes and using that in their dinners.

I have heard they renovated and updated the Tiki Bar which was in desperate need of an upgrade, though generally speaking on the weekends that thing is crawling with Ginzos from New Rochelle (I can say that because I married a Ginzo) and kids from grammar school I hated who are children of members pretending they are WASPy when at best they are just a half step up from lace curtain Irish but only because they went to Miami OH or Holy Cross and not Manhattan or Fordham.


Four things:

1. I am surprised that Logi was not beaten and tossed out of the Christening after his "unfortunate" relationship with yet another of my cousins. I am fairly certain I could have collected a not unsubstantial bounty had I maimed you in the aftermath of that meltdown.

2. I doubt that the IP alum turned FP parent would even concede to having attended IP at this point. IP seems to be the school of choice for my various relations who resided in Yonkers during their high school years (with one or two exceptions who got into Regis). Despite some nostalgia for the City of Gracious Living, I think if you asked the IP alum, "in his mind, he was always at FP". Of course, I sometimes also think that he might feel the same way about our respective alma mater vis a vis Holy Cross.

3. I wish things were going better for the FP golfer. He is a nice kid, but Skip informs me that the general consensus amongst the golf cognoscenti at The Hollow is that he is unlikely to make it on the PGA Tour. I am told he was leading the Q School tournament for the MacKenzie Tour (the Canadian PGA), but the final round was cancelled and the tour has been shut down ever since. The general consensus, such as it is, is he will likely make the Web.com tour at some point and might be able to hang around the fringes of the PGA Tour if everything goes well. Don't know what that assessment is based on, but it is what it is. There is apparently some other junior phenom there now who is allegedly better than the FP kid was at the same age, but I have not seen him play.

4. Murt, you deserved what you got, putting on airs and taking your boat to Travers Island. The Yonkers Yacht Club is a far superior alternative and is where you and your boat belong. If you really want to get into the Long Island Sound, take your boat down the majestic Hudson, into the Harlem River and out through Hell's Gate like decent people do.


I tell the people at our new club that I grew up in Bronxville and went to Prep school in the Bronx. They assume I mean Fieldston or Riverdale and so we don't need to discuss anything uncomfortable and I can conceal my Yonkers donkey roots.

FP strives to be Regis Monday to Friday and Iona on Saturday. IP has essentially stopped pretending to care about academics and more or less offers athletic scholarships by telling the athletically gifted kids some rich alum will pay their way. They also stopped requiring the COOP for kids coming from Iona Grammar since a whole generation of that school from the 90s and 00s jumped ship for FP. What's funny is, except for football, FP usually beats IP in every other sport. These day IP is more or less people from Toughchester afraid to send their kids to the Bronx and slightly above average athletes who will get Division 1 scholarships to Buffalo.

You could probably still collect on that bounty.


So you are passing as an RCD or Fieldston grad? Are you also telling everyone your name is Murtstein, Murtberg or Murtenthal? If you belong to Century or Quaker Ridge, these are acceptable adaptations, but I don't see you pulling it off in the long term. I thought FP was only good at white kid sports? Are they also good at basketball and if so, are they playing the city game or some sort of Bronxville/Scarsdale meets the Wisconsin Badgers type of slow-footed rock fight style?

It is interesting to hear that IP is morphing into Stepinac. I wish I still lived in Toughchester to enjoy the spectacle.


I always thought that Wisconsin was awesome at college basketball. They are particularly good late in the season, slow footed rock style is just fine. I suppose its easier to win 22+ regular season games a year, add at least two more wins in the B1GT(14)N tourney, and advance to the semi-finals each March/April (usually at the expense of at least one higher ceeded team) when you always have at least two, 22 year old, 7 foot senior forwards on your team defending the hoop from the 19 year old whipper-snapper "one-and-done."
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -100

Re: Marty

Postby Logitano on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:40 am

BCMurt09 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
Logitano wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
Logitano wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:Why is anyone over the age of 30 still a member of the AC? The AC is a way station, a place you join on the relative cheap while attending the FLS diploma mill if you are too donkey Irish to get into the U Club. But the idea that one would still be there when you have procured enough cash to join an honest to goodness country club is beyond ridiculous. The AC is for children and irredeemable alcoholics.


You would have a more intimate view of the current membership since your cousin (iona prep graduate) works for the NYAC. :ace


Wait. Back that up for a moment. As you well know, one of the more shameful aspects of my extended donkey Irish family is the number of Iona Prep grads. Which particular cousin is an employee at the AC. I take it that it was the once promising hoopster turned tennis pro. The other two or three do not seem to have skill sets that would lend themselves to working at the AC—and seemed to be above that station in life at this point. The tennis pro also makes sense as his brother-in-law is your former classmate at Parkchester Prep and apparently a member at the AC. I believe the tennis pro also resides in New Rochelle and would thus be a prime candidate for employment at that pathetic island facility that always gave the Hollow tennis team a good chuckle when we steamrolled the AC in MITL matches. I believe my butler’s pool boy’s gardener used to play there.


Fordham Prep should thank your family for it was a certain IP alum converted FP father, member of the Hollow that influenced one of the best golfers to come out of the northeast in a generation to grace the halls of the Prep and I believe win 4 city titles in golf.

The brother-in-law and my fellow FLS/parkchester prep alum (not classmate) only has spousal privileges. His wife, your cousin, is now and has forever been the "member". I crashed a first birthday party for your first cousin once removed at the city house back when NYC was still a thing in February. Your uncle is found on the lawn of Travers Island most weekends. :ace


And a special thank you on my part to your cousin for endorsing my membership application 10 years ago. Of course, Mrs. Murt and I have moved on after they did almost irreperable damage to our butler's boat by not turning the battery on when they put it in the water, thus resulting in the bilge not pumping and the enging compartment filling with salt water. When confronted, their response was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Mrs. Murt also did not like the flower arrangements on the pool deck, particularly the ones that were just herb gradens which I can't be sure they weren't just plucking basil from the flower boxes and using that in their dinners.

I have heard they renovated and updated the Tiki Bar which was in desperate need of an upgrade, though generally speaking on the weekends that thing is crawling with Ginzos from New Rochelle (I can say that because I married a Ginzo) and kids from grammar school I hated who are children of members pretending they are WASPy when at best they are just a half step up from lace curtain Irish but only because they went to Miami OH or Holy Cross and not Manhattan or Fordham.


Four things:

1. I am surprised that Logi was not beaten and tossed out of the Christening after his "unfortunate" relationship with yet another of my cousins. I am fairly certain I could have collected a not unsubstantial bounty had I maimed you in the aftermath of that meltdown.

2. I doubt that the IP alum turned FP parent would even concede to having attended IP at this point. IP seems to be the school of choice for my various relations who resided in Yonkers during their high school years (with one or two exceptions who got into Regis). Despite some nostalgia for the City of Gracious Living, I think if you asked the IP alum, "in his mind, he was always at FP". Of course, I sometimes also think that he might feel the same way about our respective alma mater vis a vis Holy Cross.

3. I wish things were going better for the FP golfer. He is a nice kid, but Skip informs me that the general consensus amongst the golf cognoscenti at The Hollow is that he is unlikely to make it on the PGA Tour. I am told he was leading the Q School tournament for the MacKenzie Tour (the Canadian PGA), but the final round was cancelled and the tour has been shut down ever since. The general consensus, such as it is, is he will likely make the Web.com tour at some point and might be able to hang around the fringes of the PGA Tour if everything goes well. Don't know what that assessment is based on, but it is what it is. There is apparently some other junior phenom there now who is allegedly better than the FP kid was at the same age, but I have not seen him play.

4. Murt, you deserved what you got, putting on airs and taking your boat to Travers Island. The Yonkers Yacht Club is a far superior alternative and is where you and your boat belong. If you really want to get into the Long Island Sound, take your boat down the majestic Hudson, into the Harlem River and out through Hell's Gate like decent people do.


I tell the people at our new club that I grew up in Bronxville and went to Prep school in the Bronx. They assume I mean Fieldston or Riverdale and so we don't need to discuss anything uncomfortable and I can conceal my Yonkers donkey roots.

FP strives to be Regis Monday to Friday and Iona on Saturday. IP has essentially stopped pretending to care about academics and more or less offers athletic scholarships by telling the athletically gifted kids some rich alum will pay their way. They also stopped requiring the COOP for kids coming from Iona Grammar since a whole generation of that school from the 90s and 00s jumped ship for FP. What's funny is, except for football, FP usually beats IP in every other sport. These day IP is more or less people from Toughchester afraid to send their kids to the Bronx and slightly above average athletes who will get Division 1 scholarships to Buffalo.

You could probably still collect on that bounty.


My replacement being arrested for domestic violence for beating up said cousin showed in fact somebody could be worse than Chris Crane.

To my knowledge angry/dick's family took no action on him so I am confident there is no bounty to still collect on me. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 971

Re: Marty

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:24 am

Had no idea about the subsequent beau. It is really hard to keep track of the life outcomes of my 50+ cousins, dispersed as they are across the country. With that said, my cousin the golf pro, who has matured quite nicely and is married to a solid, upstanding Naval officer, still dislikes you intensely and I suspect might have some cash on hand for a Logi elimination program. So there is that. Of course, if I told her that you had relocated to Strong Island, she might consider that a fate worse than death and relent.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 630

Re: Marty

Postby Logitano on Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:Had no idea about the subsequent beau. It is really hard to keep track of the life outcomes of my 50+ cousins, dispersed as they are across the country. With that said, my cousin the golf pro, who has matured quite nicely and is married to a solid, upstanding Naval officer, still dislikes you intensely and I suspect might have some cash on hand for a Logi elimination program. So there is that. Of course, if I told her that you had relocated to Strong Island, she might consider that a fate worse than death and relent.


If the failed golfer is able to articulate why she is so angry with me and I find it to be a reasonable explanation I will :suicide :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 971

Re: Marty

Postby HJS on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:28 am

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... conference

It would be funny if the PAC12’s response was a demand for the signatories to the letter pay tuition like every other student.
“Look, Joe’s not all there, everybody knows it and it’s sad when you look at it and you see it, you see it for yourself. He’s created his own sanctuary city in that basement, wherever he is, and he doesn’t come out.”
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14824
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 329

Re: Marty

Postby hansen on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:25 pm

HJS wrote:https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29583023/pac-12-football-players-show-unity-list-demands-letter-conference

It would be funny if the PAC12’s response was a demand for the signatories to the letter pay tuition like every other student.


Hopefully the PAC-12 tells them to go kick rocks.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16147
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: 314

Re: Marty

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:29 pm

hansen wrote:
HJS wrote:https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29583023/pac-12-football-players-show-unity-list-demands-letter-conference

It would be funny if the PAC12’s response was a demand for the signatories to the letter pay tuition like every other student.


Hopefully the PAC-12 tells them to go kick rocks.


I am sure they will.

If there is even to BE a Pac-12 season this year, ASU's first game will be late September. The Pac-12 made that decision because Arizona is such a Covid-19 hot spot. The thinking is delay the Arizona schools as much as possible and hope that after almost 2 full months, the worst of it will be past. AND the first game for our Sun Devils of Tempe is ASU vs U-of-A (which is usually their last game.)
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -100

Re: Marty

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:35 pm

Wildcats forever, Scum Devils never. The Hoe Down Show Down—fuck The Desert Duel or whatever bullshit it is called now—should only be played the Friday night after Thanksgiving or it should not be played. September is for Stanford, dragging someone like Oklahoma or Nebraska out to the desert to see how they like 110 degrees of “dry heat”, pounding the shit out of NAU and pantsing New Mexico for the Kit Carson Rifle.

Also, just kill all the signatories of the letter. The conference is a joke right now anyway. Blow it up and start again—it’s not like any of the teams are making the CFP.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 630

Re: Marty

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:03 am

Dick Rosenthal wrote:Wildcats forever, Scum Devils never. The Hoe Down Show Down—fuck The Desert Duel or whatever bullshit it is called now—should only be played the Friday night after Thanksgiving or it should not be played. September is for Stanford, dragging someone like Oklahoma or Nebraska out to the desert to see how they like 110 degrees of “dry heat”, pounding the shit out of NAU and pantsing New Mexico for the Kit Carson Rifle.

Also, just kill all the signatories of the letter. The conference is a joke right now anyway. Blow it up and start again—it’s not like any of the teams are making the CFP.


We've struggled (nationally) a bit here in Pac-12 hell. Our recruiting is down a bit and our usual powerhouses (USC and Oregon) are having a hard time getting past 10-3. So yeah when that happens a team like Utah can play in the Pac-12 championship (the way they did last year), but you never know.

Its actually very dangerous to play games in Tempe or Tucson in September. I think its a better policy for everyone involved if the ASU or U-of-A game that is being played in Arizona is the LAST GAME OF THE NIGHT IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY in September, kick off at like 8PM Pacific. That is better for the fans and much safer for all the players. They don't always do that, but they should. Its hit 115 degrees multiple times this week. Dick, it is oppressively hot here right now.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -100

Re: Marty

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:55 am

WSU started clearing out lockers of players involved. Good for them. All the kids will remain on scholarship but I think having people sitting out but just hanging out makes a huge distraction for the team.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3634
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 611

Re: Marty

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am

ATLeagle wrote:WSU started clearing out lockers of players involved. Good for them. All the kids will remain on scholarship but I think having people sitting out but just hanging out makes a huge distraction for the team.


The 50/50 revenue split is insane. With that said, these guys should get paid something (should be evenly paid across all schools and all sports). The rest of these demands don't seem ridiculous to me. If I was going to play football in the COVID-19 era, I'd like some assurance it'll be done safely and I'll have health coverage if there are long-term effects from it.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16611
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -253

Re: Marty

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:52 am

the system is going to come crumbling down which is long overdue and the ncaa only has themselves to blame
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18516
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3127

Re: Marty

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:33 pm

claver2010 wrote:the system is going to come crumbling down which is long overdue and the ncaa only has themselves to blame


Yes claver, absolutely, the system is crumbling down. And sure, it is overdue. But there is at least one other guilty party here other than the NCAA. I think it is partially the NCAA and partially (mostly) government regulation.

Title-IX forced (and continues to force) universities and the NCAA to "maximize" the dollar generation from the revenue generating sports to subsidize all the athletic scholarships for the girls sports (which bring in NO MONEY.) Obviously, a feminist centric federal legislature made up of numb fucks totally ignorant of math, business, sports, and economics (like AOC, Nany Pelosi, and Rashid Talib) don't give a damn that girl's college sports make no money for the school. They just want to make sure that the asinine existing 1972 legislation (equalizing athletic scholarships for men and girls) remain intact. It wont be overturned.

Okay so if there is no college football and no men's basketball, that is pretty much it for college sports. Universities would just be hemorrhaging money giving out all these scholarships for student athletes and seeing nothing in return. I suppose if the alumni at every university thought they way that the Harvard Alumni did (just donate to the endowment, blindly) you might be able to justify loss leaders with some sports. But that is not standard-operating-procedure at schools like Ohio State. You want $100 mil in donations each year, beat Michigan (in football! Fuck women's water polo.)

If they are not going to have football or men's hoop, likely the only sensible thing to do is to start winding down college scholarship sports (for men and women.) Title-IX means everything is equalized? Okay, all suffer equally. Sorry girls, call dad and have him send a check OR pack your things, no more rowing scholarship for you.

I don't know if this season will be played. I don't know. But I do know that the NCAA and about 130 universities are depending on it being played. They need those big TV bucks. And that will only happen if there is a season. And men's basketball? We can't lose another March Madness the way we did last year.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -100

Re: Marty

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:50 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:Wildcats forever, Scum Devils never. The Hoe Down Show Down—fuck The Desert Duel or whatever bullshit it is called now—should only be played the Friday night after Thanksgiving or it should not be played. September is for Stanford, dragging someone like Oklahoma or Nebraska out to the desert to see how they like 110 degrees of “dry heat”, pounding the shit out of NAU and pantsing New Mexico for the Kit Carson Rifle.

Also, just kill all the signatories of the letter. The conference is a joke right now anyway. Blow it up and start again—it’s not like any of the teams are making the CFP.


Uh yeah, that is the whole point. At U of A, the players used to spend three weeks at Camp Cochise, up in the mountains above a mile high where the temperature is only 100 degrees. By the time they get back to Tucson for the start of school a week before the opening game the heat is an ally and if you look at when Dick Tomey was the coach there was a graveyard of top ten teams that played September games in Tucson where they got abused. I am sure ASU utilized a similar system, but they are also really fucking stupid so maybe it never occurred to them.

The PAC-10 knew this was so which is why you'd never see USC, UCLA or Washington playing a day game in Tucson in September--got to protect your royalty (Oregon was not a thing in that era), hence my comment that September is for Stanford (although for that era you could have said Oregon, Cal, Oregon State or Wazoo as well).
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 630

Re: Marty

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:Wildcats forever, Scum Devils never. The Hoe Down Show Down—fuck The Desert Duel or whatever bullshit it is called now—should only be played the Friday night after Thanksgiving or it should not be played. September is for Stanford, dragging someone like Oklahoma or Nebraska out to the desert to see how they like 110 degrees of “dry heat”, pounding the shit out of NAU and pantsing New Mexico for the Kit Carson Rifle.

Also, just kill all the signatories of the letter. The conference is a joke right now anyway. Blow it up and start again—it’s not like any of the teams are making the CFP.


Uh yeah, that is the whole point. At U of A, the players used to spend three weeks at Camp Cochise, up in the mountains above a mile high where the temperature is only 100 degrees. By the time they get back to Tucson for the start of school a week before the opening game the heat is an ally and if you look at when Dick Tomey was the coach there was a graveyard of top ten teams that played September games in Tucson where they got abused. I am sure ASU utilized a similar system, but they are also really fucking stupid so maybe it never occurred to them.

The PAC-10 knew this was so which is why you'd never see USC, UCLA or Washington playing a day game in Tucson in September--got to protect your royalty (Oregon was not a thing in that era), hence my comment that September is for Stanford (although for that era you could have said Oregon, Cal, Oregon State or Wazoo as well).


I went to a night game in Tuscon about 5 years ago in September and it was still oppressively hot. How people tailgate in that heat and sun is beyond me.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16611
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -253

Re: Marty

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:06 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:Wildcats forever, Scum Devils never. The Hoe Down Show Down—fuck The Desert Duel or whatever bullshit it is called now—should only be played the Friday night after Thanksgiving or it should not be played. September is for Stanford, dragging someone like Oklahoma or Nebraska out to the desert to see how they like 110 degrees of “dry heat”, pounding the shit out of NAU and pantsing New Mexico for the Kit Carson Rifle.

Also, just kill all the signatories of the letter. The conference is a joke right now anyway. Blow it up and start again—it’s not like any of the teams are making the CFP.


Uh yeah, that is the whole point. At U of A, the players used to spend three weeks at Camp Cochise, up in the mountains above a mile high where the temperature is only 100 degrees. By the time they get back to Tucson for the start of school a week before the opening game the heat is an ally and if you look at when Dick Tomey was the coach there was a graveyard of top ten teams that played September games in Tucson where they got abused. I am sure ASU utilized a similar system, but they are also really fucking stupid so maybe it never occurred to them.

The PAC-10 knew this was so which is why you'd never see USC, UCLA or Washington playing a day game in Tucson in September--got to protect your royalty (Oregon was not a thing in that era), hence my comment that September is for Stanford (although for that era you could have said Oregon, Cal, Oregon State or Wazoo as well).


I went to a night game in Tuscon about 5 years ago in September and it was still oppressively hot. How people tailgate in that heat and sun is beyond me.


:x

And yet I never got a PM.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17543
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -100

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Untitled document