Transfer portal?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Transfer portal

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun May 22, 2022 9:22 pm

Kobay White has entered The Portal (again).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: Transfer portal?

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 26, 2022 9:32 am

i didn't know (or forgot) cj lewis was in portal, anyway going to bowling green
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 27, 2022 2:46 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i didn't know (or forgot) cj lewis was in portal, anyway going to bowling green

and Ethon Williams to Yukon.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Transfer Portal

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:45 pm

Al Blades, Jr. in The Portal. Is there a back story to this? Did he play?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby durkcal on Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:45 pm

We're not going to get the Stepinac Tackle from Rhode Island, which kind of proves my point that the portal is a very competitive route to get proven big people that can play. He got like 16 FBS offers day 1! Developing the big guys is the way to go.

But I think the UPenn OL kid, the Sacred Heart OL (also Stepinac lol) and the WR Carter from Fordham are all doable and make a lot of sense. Not sure either of these two OL are guaranteed starters, but they are probably much better than the Conley, Ness and Thomas crew that was getting reps for much of the year lol. You can always use more WR that know how to run routes, block and catch balls, and Carter could be another Tomlin for us. The PFF ratings for all three are quite good FWIW.

I also think the Muskett QB from Monmouth would be a smart addition. If BC wants to be serious about winning, we need legit competition at the QB position. I think this kid could possibly beat out Morehead if properly given the chance. He already has an offer from UVa.

Right now our coaches are firing off the resumes, so we can at least discuss these here given that no one in Yawkey probably is.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:05 pm

drew pyne is in the portal if we want to continue the ND > BC qb pipeline
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:drew pyne is in the portal if we want to continue the ND > BC qb pipeline

i assume glass phil's announcement this morning is what got pyne to portalize. too big an opportunity to pass up with phil leaving and ryan day likely taking the reigns from haflazio next year
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:54 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:We're not going to get the Stepinac Tackle from Rhode Island, which kind of proves my point that the portal is a very competitive route to get proven big people that can play. He got like 16 FBS offers day 1! Developing the big guys is the way to go.

But I think the UPenn OL kid, the Sacred Heart OL (also Stepinac lol) and the WR Carter from Fordham are all doable and make a lot of sense. Not sure either of these two OL are guaranteed starters, but they are probably much better than the Conley, Ness and Thomas crew that was getting reps for much of the year lol. You can always use more WR that know how to run routes, block and catch balls, and Carter could be another Tomlin for us. The PFF ratings for all three are quite good FWIW.

I also think the Muskett QB from Monmouth would be a smart addition. If BC wants to be serious about winning, we need legit competition at the QB position. I think this kid could possibly beat out Morehead if properly given the chance. He already has an offer from UVa.

Right now our coaches are firing off the resumes, so we can at least discuss these here given that no one in Yawkey probably is.

If they were healthy, I think you could work with Trapello/Bowry at LT/RT and Kendall at C. They all played through pretty serious injuries this year.

All the other OL on the roster need to be launched to the moon.

Next year's recruiting class is filled with 5'9" DBs which is super on brand for Halfey. We only have 2 OLs coming in!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:We're not going to get the Stepinac Tackle from Rhode Island, which kind of proves my point that the portal is a very competitive route to get proven big people that can play. He got like 16 FBS offers day 1! Developing the big guys is the way to go.

If they were healthy, I think you could work with Trapello/Bowry at LT/RT and Kendall at C. They all played through pretty serious injuries this year.

Next year's recruiting class is filled with 5'9" DBs which is super on brand for Halfey. We only have 2 OLs coming in!

Offered a highly coveted OL from URI today.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:43 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Offered a highly coveted OL from URI today.

Let me know how that recruiting battle coming off a 3-9 season goes against Oregon, Auburn, Penn St, etc.

In a previous world where BC was good we’d have a chance here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:43 am

Not that it really matters … the McQuarie kid from NH who went to UCLA entered the portal … 3 years of eligibility remaining

Edit: May have spent last year at a CC idk but still in the portal nonetheless
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:56 pm

FSU offered Maitre.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Transfer Portal

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:36 pm

BC offers old Dominion transfer, safety Robert Kennedy.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:17 pm

Anthony Dicosmos son has entered from Stanford
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:01 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:FSU offered Maitre.

So Hafley doesn’t offer Maitre another year and then FSU decides to offer. Now I’m really confused.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:46 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

So Hafley doesn’t offer Maitre another year and then FSU decides to offer. Now I’m really confused.

You watched every game. Did you think Maitre was good?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:04 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

You watched every game. Did you think Maitre was good?

He's not great, but he's fine as depth which became a major problem last year once Hafley suspended/kicked half the secondary off the roster. Steve Lubischer played major minutes in the final game.

Aside from fixing the OL which is priority 1-million here, the other thing Hafley needs to do is find better depth.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:57 am

jurkin it at pitt

@BruceFeldmanCFB
With the flurry of transfer portal this week, one QB to keep an eye on is Phil Jurkovec’s expected move back home to Pitt, reuniting with OC Frank Cignetti. The Pittsburgh native threw 37 TDs and 17 INTs at BC.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:11 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:jurkin it at pitt

@BruceFeldmanCFB
With the flurry of transfer portal this week, one QB to keep an eye on is Phil Jurkovec’s expected move back home to Pitt, reuniting with OC Frank Cignetti. The Pittsburgh native threw 37 TDs and 17 INTs at BC.

Would not be shocked if he had a monster season behind a good OL and a somewhat competent OC. I thought Cignetti was bad and then McNulty reminded me of the time-proven adage "Nobody could be worse than Chris Crane".

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:33 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

@BruceFeldmanCFB

Would not be shocked if he had a monster season behind a good OL and a somewhat competent OC. I thought Cignetti was bad and then McNulty reminded me of the time-proven adage "Nobody could be worse than Chris Crane".

slovis in the portal. that didn't take long.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:34 am

whoah devin leary to the portal
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:43 pm

Rumors are that DJU will be the next big name in the portal. BTW... I really like Slovis from his time at USC. He's a gamer... kinda like a better version of Ian Book.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:06 pm

@BruceFeldmanCFB

Jurk to Pitt confirmed.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:16 pm

i wish him well there and hope he can regain what he once had both in his arm and between his ears...

and may he not shit all over bc the same way he shit all over the domers on his way out the door
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:52 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i wish him well there and hope he can regain what he once had both in his arm and between his ears...

and may he not shit all over bc the same way he shit all over the domers on his way out the door

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i wish him well there and hope he can regain what he once had both in his arm and between his ears...

BC graduate. Would have to be a special kind of stupid to shit on your alma mater.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby xu9697 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:28 am

https://247sports.com/Player/Louis-Hans ... ol-230314/

Louis Hansen, Michigan TE from Needham. MA- entered portal. So did Erick All (TE- UM), but not likely he is heading to the NE. Rumor has him following Cade McNamara from UM to Iowa.
xu9697
Carney Hall

The Portal

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:27 am

Storm Duck has entered The Portal.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:05 pm

caleb schaffer 3 year starting G for miami ohio is visiting
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:22 am

Former commit Josaiah Stewart is in The Portal and has offers from USC, LSU, Michigan, UNC...
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium