Transfer portal?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Transfer portal?

Postby Los on Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I'm picturing Scott Bakula in that old TV show that I never watched.

I would have gone with Sliders, starring Jerry O'Connell, John Rhys-Davies, and a young Sabrina Lloyd (of Sports Night fame).
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue May 19, 2020 4:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:wonder what position he'll play for us?

He's going to play the Curtis Samuel role I read.

That's a lot of carries/receptions. I'm all for some of that. Maybe he can topple Chuckie Dukes ypc avg.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue May 19, 2020 6:08 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:wonder what position he'll play for us?

He's going to play the Curtis Samuel role I read.

That's a lot of carries/receptions. I'm all for some of that. Maybe he can topple Chuckie Dukes ypc avg.

looking at his tape, I expect he is going to bring a lot of YAC to alumni stadium
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 20, 2020 11:45 am

Elijah Johnson is in the portal,

was very good as a fr before he got hurt (seems like forever ago)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed May 20, 2020 12:03 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Elijah Johnson is in the portal,

He finally got back on the field in the 2nd half of last season after injuring his knee 2017 spring. Last week BC Football tweeted that he was coming back.
He graduated - best of luck to him.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed May 20, 2020 12:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Elijah Johnson is in the portal,

He finally got back on the field in the 2nd half of last season after injuring his knee 2017 spring. Last week BC Football tweeted that he was coming back.
He graduated - best of luck to him.

I wonder if he is headed to CSU?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 25, 2020 6:08 pm

I hope we are not done. We have spots left and really need help on D.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon May 25, 2020 7:16 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I hope we are not done. We have spots left and really need help on D.

How many guys did we bring in last year? they might want to recruit over 25 and then backdate them to 2020.
What do you think are biggest holes are right now?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue May 26, 2020 12:43 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I hope we are not done. We have spots left and really need help on D.

What do you think are biggest holes are right now?

DE, for both quantity (5) and quality reasons.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 28, 2020 8:04 am

Adam Korutz entered portal. Seems like writing on wall that he wouldn't get the last starting OL position
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Adam Korutz entered portal. Seems like writing on wall that he wouldn't get the last starting OL position

To Colorado State
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Adam Korutz entered portal. Seems like writing on wall that he wouldn't get the last starting OL position

To Colorado State

This was probably the least surprising thing to happen in the last 30 days.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:24 pm

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Tarik Black to Texas

He had been waiting to hear if Jurovec would get the waiver. Not sure what happened. This hurts.

There must have been something else going on. Reading between the lines, I can't believe Jurkovec's waiver would be rejected. Maybe Black's concerned there will be little prep time and he wants an experienced QB, which Texas has. Who knows.

Tubasteak reporting that Jurkovec's waiver has been rejected.

Tubasteak also reporting that BC supposedly expected this and is now appealing.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Former 4 star, now walk-on Penn State safety CJ Holmes from Cheshire in the portal. Looks like we have a shot.

https://twitter.com/Bryce_Sebastian/status/1270408485935734784
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:18 am

re jurk, i agree this isn't a surprise. barring nationwide legislation approval via appeal after lawyering up seems like the path most take
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:25 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:re jurk, i agree this isn't a surprise. barring nationwide legislation approval via appeal after lawyering up seems like the path most take

Can the fans apply for a hardship if we have to watch Grosel play QB for another season?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:re jurk, i agree this isn't a surprise. barring nationwide legislation approval via appeal after lawyering up seems like the path most take

Can the fans apply for a hardship if we have to watch Grosel play QB for another season?

You'll be complaining about Jurkovec after 2 games anyway and agitating for a QB with a different complexion
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:41 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You'll be complaining about Jurkovec after 2 games anyway and agitating for a QB with a different complexion

This.

eepstein is relentless. Not sure why he feels the need to shit on players constantly. The best was when eepstein once talked about meeting one of the basketball players and described him as a super nice guy and he really liked him. This was after eepstein spent the whole season ripping him. But I don’t think eepstein mentioned his complaints to that guy’s face. Something tells me he wouldn’t say shit to Grosel’s face either.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:36 am

Does anyone think that Grosel can play QB at a high level in the ACC?

It isn't the kid's fault that he is the best we have available. Could be a great kid... but, I think, if he starts the majority of next year's games, we will have a losing record.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:06 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This.

eepstein is relentless. Not sure why he feels the need to shit on players constantly. The best was when eepstein once talked about meeting one of the basketball players and described him as a super nice guy and he really liked him. This was after eepstein spent the whole season ripping him. But I don’t think eepstein mentioned his complaints to that guy’s face. Something tells me he wouldn’t say shit to Grosel’s face either.

It’s certainly not the kids fault (it’s Daz’s fault 100%), but we need to find a better solution at QB
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Does anyone think that Grosel can play QB at a high level in the ACC?

It isn't the kid's fault that he is the best we have available. Could be a great kid... but, I think, if he starts the majority of next year's games, we will have a losing record.

I think a spread out, read-option type offense would work with his skill set. he seems pretty athletic, we have a very strong OL and good RBs so I think it could be managed.
I have no doubt that Hafley & co. will get 10x more out of him than what Dazaster could do.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:01 pm

I'll assume Cignetti is pulling out his hair trying to re-structure the offense just to suit Grossel's skill set.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 pm

What HJS said. That Grosel should be in the Patriot League is not Grosel's fault. But stop pretending he's D-I QB. Can they manage 7 wins with him? Defense better be good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:52 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Does anyone think that Grosel can play QB at a high level in the ACC?

I think a spread out, read-option type offense would work with his skill set. he seems pretty athletic, we have a very strong OL and good RBs so I think it could be managed.
I have no doubt that Hafley & co. will get 10x more out of him than what Dazaster could do.

I actually think pounding the rock on every down and punting is a pretty good gameplan for his skill set. Granted they don't have Dillon, but if Grosel is under center, I'd be good with the Daz offense.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:20 pm

What about Sam Johnson? I thought he was a somewhat highly regarded recruit.
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:20 pm

What about Sam Johnson? I thought he was a somewhat highly regarded recruit.
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Would be nice to see what Sam Johnson can do. Grossel doesn't instill any confidence after watching the entire Pitt and Syracuse games on YT, kinda cringey watching his throws, like Fadule.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Los on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:42 pm

We're porked if we have to go with Grosel, but I'd rather have Hafley and Cignetti install their offense, have the team learn it and take our lumps now than have to endure another year of the Pound-the-Rock offense just to get to another 6 or 7 wins.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:49 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Would be nice to see what Sam Johnson can do. Grossel doesn't instill any confidence after watching the entire Pitt and Syracuse games on YT, kinda cringey watching his throws, like Fadule.

Sam Johnson had the most physical talent in the Spring Game, but every pass was thrown at about 100 mph and were uncatchable.

With a good QB coach (see not anyone involved in the last coaching staff) there is something there.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:50 pm

Los {l Wrote}:We're porked if we have to go with Grosel, but I'd rather have Hafley and Cignetti install their offense, have the team learn it and take our lumps now than have to endure another year of the Pound-the-Rock offense just to get to another 6 or 7 wins.

I totally disagree. Run whatever offense will win the most games. In one of the chalk talks I attend Hafley wants to push the ball down the field, but you're not doing that with Grosel at QB.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium