New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:33 am

Learfield-IMG has been a BC partner for quite a while, but it sounds like this deal is a lot bigger. Fenway Sports Group is out, I assume?

I'm (only slightly) hopeful that they will help BC improve in a few areas. Canning Meter would be a great first step.

https://bceagles.com/news/2020/1/14/boston-college-athletics-signs-multimedia-rights-deal-with-learfield-img-college.aspx
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 66

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:22 am

BC already works with Learfield-IMG, this seems like it could be a bigger deal.

FSG never did anything to help BC aside from their self-serving interests to benefit the Red Sox
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16595
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -259

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:26 am

What if anything does this actually mean?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3413
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 523

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:32 am

BCMurt09 wrote:What if anything does this actually mean?

free tacos
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16276
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15665

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:29 am

New jumbotron?

"increased digital signage"
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9552
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2671

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby Manny on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:38 am

b0mberMan wrote:New jumbotron?

"increased digital signage"

As long as they can still SIGNAL DEAFENING NOISE.
Manny
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 pm
Karma: 47

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:04 pm

BostonCollege1 wrote:Learfield-IMG has been a BC partner for quite a while, but it sounds like this deal is a lot bigger. Fenway Sports Group is out, I assume?

I'm (only slightly) hopeful that they will help BC improve in a few areas. Canning Meter would be a great first step.

https://bceagles.com/news/2020/1/14/boston-college-athletics-signs-multimedia-rights-deal-with-learfield-img-college.aspx

I like Meter, fwiw.
In.
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 239

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby Los on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:13 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:I like Meter, fwiw.

The "Take a bow" thing is pretty corny, especially when he does it after every. single. touchdown. It kinda loses meaning.
- Los
User avatar
Los
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 73

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby BCEagles06 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:58 pm

Eh, I can live with Meter, can they please move on from Pete Cronin. Wonder if they need a color guy in Fort Collins.
BCEagles06
n00b
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:15 pm
Karma: 3

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Some announcers just grate on different people. I love John Sterling who is basically the corniest baseball announcer now, but I can't stand Michael Kay and his goddam "see ya!"
In.
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 239

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Manny wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:New jumbotron?

"increased digital signage"

As long as they can still SIGNAL DEAFENING NOISE.


Under appreciated post.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15992
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 319

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:20 pm

I'm sure their main goal is increase revenue so they will probably spend too much time trying to sell ads for the video screens at Alumni Stadium. From my perspective, their top goals should be to improve the brand, increase ticket sales and make the game day experience better. Then the ads and money will follow.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4196
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 161

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 pm

Meter is barely acceptable, agreed on Cronin. Not my fave, far from it, but have no idea as to the ex-FB player to replace him.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -215

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby eagle33 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:10 pm

tuning into a game meter's calling is like listening to a high school nerd practicing play-by-play while watching a game on tv in his basement. bc needs to tell meter to "take a hike". how did meter become the voice of bc fb and hoops in the first place. i heard his old man pulled some strings.
eagle33
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: -72

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:Some announcers just grate on different people. I love John Sterling who is basically the corniest baseball announcer now, but I can't stand Michael Kay and his goddam "see ya!"


You like John Sterling and Meter. And probably communism and Duke basketball. Christ, stop liking shit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31549
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2480

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 15, 2020 9:37 am

eagle33 wrote:tuning into a game meter's calling is like listening to a high school nerd practicing play-by-play while watching a game on tv in his basement. bc needs to tell meter to "take a hike". how did meter become the voice of bc fb and hoops in the first place. i heard his old man pulled some strings.


Are we finally rid of Meter?
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8349
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 116

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri May 15, 2020 10:54 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
eagle33 wrote:tuning into a game meter's calling is like listening to a high school nerd practicing play-by-play while watching a game on tv in his basement. bc needs to tell meter to "take a hike". how did meter become the voice of bc fb and hoops in the first place. i heard his old man pulled some strings.


Are we finally rid of Meter?


???
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 66

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby HJS on Fri May 15, 2020 11:29 am

Meter Tweeted minutes before the previous post that he will be doing morning TV (local ABC station) in Providence. I don't know why that would mean he couldn't do BC sports. Maybe it is related to us losing Jarmond?
“Look, Joe’s not all there, everybody knows it and it’s sad when you look at it and you see it, you see it for yourself. He’s created his own sanctuary city in that basement, wherever he is, and he doesn’t come out.”
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14760
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 322

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby ATLeagle on Fri May 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Meter is staying with BC Football. IMG is in serious trouble. All media rights contracts could be totally rewritten shortly.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 611

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby westcoastbernie on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Atlanta,

Do you still think your idea that BC should hope the season is moved to the winter so we can schedule all our games in February?

That home field advantage was a great idea!
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 am
Karma: 9

Re: New 12-Year Deal with Learfield-IMG

Postby westcoastbernie on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:24 pm

HJS wrote:Meter Tweeted minutes before the previous post that he will be doing morning TV (local ABC station) in Providence. I don't know why that would mean he couldn't do BC sports. Maybe it is related to us losing Jarmond?


As long as we don’t lose the brilliance of Cronan.

That would be a major hit.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 am
Karma: 9


Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BC923 and 17 guests

Untitled document