2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Los wrote:Enough with the Thursday and Friday night games, for fuck's sake.


Why?

BC does exceptionally well vs vpi on Thursday Night in Blacksburg
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16871
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -255

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.
Follow on twitter @AdamCoelhoTR
bceagles24
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 190

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:47 pm

bceagles24 wrote:Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.


HUGE! Thought he was a goner.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -179

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 pm

MF73-Eleazar wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.


HUGE! Thought he was a goner.


He must know that he will have a capable QB throwing the ball to him, which is also great news!
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8136
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 122

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:24 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.


HUGE! Thought he was a goner.


He must know that he will have a capable QB throwing the ball to him, which is also great news!


Has a waiver for Jurkovec been confirmed yet ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Los on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:40 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Los wrote:Enough with the Thursday and Friday night games, for fuck's sake.


Why?

BC does exceptionally well vs vpi on Thursday Night in Blacksburg

The best part about football is getting to spend a full day enjoying it, whether that be on campus tailgating and chilling with friends or at home binging on games. When the game is played on Thursday or Friday that process is compressed dramatically. As others have said, trying to drive into campus at the same time everyone else is getting out of the city is a nightmare. I also would prefer that BC football not compete with my job or other weekday responsibilities for my attention on a weekday unlike a Saturday.

It all just feels rushed and is not an ideal experience, that’s all. With only 6 or 7 home games a year I’d like the experience to be as ideal as possible. For the record, I hate NFL games on Thursday too. Won’t be long before they are playing games on Friday. It’s ruining football IMO.
- Los
User avatar
Los
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 65

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:41 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.


HUGE! Thought he was a goner.


He must know that he will have a capable QB throwing the ball to him, which is also great news!


Has a waiver for Jurkovec been confirmed yet ?


obviously, no one here really knows, but could we venture to guess that a waiver might be had, which in turn influenced Kobay's return?

it's a reach, sure, but I hope that this is the way it goes down.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -179

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Los wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
Los wrote:Enough with the Thursday and Friday night games, for fuck's sake.


Why?

BC does exceptionally well vs vpi on Thursday Night in Blacksburg

The best part about football is getting to spend a full day enjoying it, whether that be on campus tailgating and chilling with friends or at home binging on games. When the game is played on Thursday or Friday that process is compressed dramatically. As others have said, trying to drive into campus at the same time everyone else is getting out of the city is a nightmare. I also would prefer that BC football not compete with my job or other weekday responsibilities for my attention on a weekday unlike a Saturday.

It all just feels rushed and is not an ideal experience, that’s all. With only 6 or 7 home games a year I’d like the experience to be as ideal as possible. For the record, I hate NFL games on Thursday too. Won’t be long before they are playing games on Friday. It’s ruining football IMO.


I don't take a ton of vacation from work, but I always make a point to at least take a half day, if not a full day when we have a Friday home game. Then you can get to campus whenever you'd like (just not more than 4 before kickoff).
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4116
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 138

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
Los wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
Los wrote:Enough with the Thursday and Friday night games, for fuck's sake.


Why?

BC does exceptionally well vs vpi on Thursday Night in Blacksburg

The best part about football is getting to spend a full day enjoying it, whether that be on campus tailgating and chilling with friends or at home binging on games. When the game is played on Thursday or Friday that process is compressed dramatically. As others have said, trying to drive into campus at the same time everyone else is getting out of the city is a nightmare. I also would prefer that BC football not compete with my job or other weekday responsibilities for my attention on a weekday unlike a Saturday.

It all just feels rushed and is not an ideal experience, that’s all. With only 6 or 7 home games a year I’d like the experience to be as ideal as possible. For the record, I hate NFL games on Thursday too. Won’t be long before they are playing games on Friday. It’s ruining football IMO.


You’ll need to take half a day for the Clemson game unless it’s an 8 pm game
I don't take a ton of vacation from work, but I always make a point to at least take a half day, if not a full day when we have a Friday home game. Then you can get to campus whenever you'd like (just not more than 4 before kickoff).
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16367
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:05 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.


HUGE! Thought he was a goner.


He must know that he will have a capable QB throwing the ball to him, which is also great news!


Has a waiver for Jurkovec been confirmed yet ?


i have a feeling we won't be hearing for months
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18220
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:48 pm

BC has a group of fans that fill a quarter of the stadium and would rather tailgate through the first quarter. Doubt their whining about night games is registering with ESPN++

Glad Kobay is back. Must have been wanted by the new coach after all.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31057
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 pm

I like Thursday and Friday games in Aug and Sept, free up the weekend at the cape. I hate only 3 hours of tailgating. It will be fun to open up with SU.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -335

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Los wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
Los wrote:Enough with the Thursday and Friday night games, for fuck's sake.


Why?

BC does exceptionally well vs vpi on Thursday Night in Blacksburg

The best part about football is getting to spend a full day enjoying it, whether that be on campus tailgating and chilling with friends or at home binging on games. When the game is played on Thursday or Friday that process is compressed dramatically. As others have said, trying to drive into campus at the same time everyone else is getting out of the city is a nightmare. I also would prefer that BC football not compete with my job or other weekday responsibilities for my attention on a weekday unlike a Saturday.

It all just feels rushed and is not an ideal experience, that’s all. With only 6 or 7 home games a year I’d like the experience to be as ideal as possible. For the record, I hate NFL games on Thursday too. Won’t be long before they are playing games on Friday. It’s ruining football IMO.


Fair enough

For me the best thing about football is winning the game. Then I can enjoy the whole next week or (if on Thursday Night) really enjoy that weekend AND the whole next week. Going to the USC game in 2013, yakking with the parents of the players for 4 hours before kickoff, meeting Andre Williams and shaking his hand, that was all well and good but the rest of the weekend and whole week after that game sucked.

The older I get, the less time I have in life to enjoy myself. The less time you have, the more time you will have to use it wisely. But if I had it all my way, it would be used wisely and enjoyably. So the older I get (the less time I have left) the more important winning is.

I guess I don't care how inconvenient the time or location of the game is, so long as they get the W.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16871
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -255

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 am

twballgame9 wrote:Glad Kobay is back. Must have really wanted to be at BC after all.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14418
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 276

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:30 am

HJS wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Glad Kobay is back. Must have really wanted to be at BC after all.


That too.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31057
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:49 am

really not much to complain about on this schedule:

-dont love labor day game because i can never make it, but were gonna get a labor day home game or a thanksgiving home day most seasons. if were going to have one, friday night is optimal

-wish the clemson game was saturday not friday. disappointed to have two friday home games, but:

-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game


-are thursday games becoming a thing again in the ACC? Looking quickly, looks like at least we, clemson, GT, VT, FSU, cuse, ville, nc state have thursday night games. dont love friday night, but would hate a thursday night home game.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 732

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:18 am

twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Glad Kobay is back. Must have really wanted to be at BC after all.


That too.


this
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15488
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 297

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Los on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:09 am

commavegarage wrote:-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game

I'd actually prefer MORE games in November, not fewer. We're the northern most team in an open-air stadium. But yes, a definite improvement over the 2 home games we had over the remaining 67% of the regular season this past year.
- Los
User avatar
Los
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 65

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Los wrote:
commavegarage wrote:-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game

I'd actually prefer MORE games in November, not fewer. We're the northern most team in an open-air stadium. But yes, a definite improvement over the 2 home games we had over the remaining 67% of the regular season this past year.


i used to think that was a big deal, but off recent memory (of being miserable at cold games):

-cold weather didnt stop a bad fsu beating us last year
-didnt stop cuse from trouncing us the year before, or clemson on that night game
-getting killed by ville in november with lamar jackson running all over us

id rather have the whole day be enjoyable as one attending...dont really think it helps us that much. didnt help us when it monsooned and was freezing against fsu years ago
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 732

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MaxxPower325 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 pm

commavegarage wrote:
Los wrote:
commavegarage wrote:-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game

I'd actually prefer MORE games in November, not fewer. We're the northern most team in an open-air stadium. But yes, a definite improvement over the 2 home games we had over the remaining 67% of the regular season this past year.


i used to think that was a big deal, but off recent memory (of being miserable at cold games):

-cold weather didnt stop a bad fsu beating us last year
-didnt stop cuse from trouncing us the year before, or clemson on that night game
-getting killed by ville in november with lamar jackson running all over us

id rather have the whole day be enjoyable as one attending...dont really think it helps us that much. didnt help us when it monsooned and was freezing against fsu years ago


Exactly.

I’ll take six games in October, please.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:48 am
Karma: 69

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:09 pm

MaxxPower325 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
Los wrote:
commavegarage wrote:-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game

I'd actually prefer MORE games in November, not fewer. We're the northern most team in an open-air stadium. But yes, a definite improvement over the 2 home games we had over the remaining 67% of the regular season this past year.


i used to think that was a big deal, but off recent memory (of being miserable at cold games):

-cold weather didnt stop a bad fsu beating us last year
-didnt stop cuse from trouncing us the year before, or clemson on that night game
-getting killed by ville in november with lamar jackson running all over us

id rather have the whole day be enjoyable as one attending...dont really think it helps us that much. didnt help us when it monsooned and was freezing against fsu years ago


Exactly.

I’ll take six games in October, please.


I don't think the cold weather has helped us since Alabama 1983.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8136
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 122

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:21 pm

MaxxPower325 wrote:
commavegarage wrote:
Los wrote:
commavegarage wrote:-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game

I'd actually prefer MORE games in November, not fewer. We're the northern most team in an open-air stadium. But yes, a definite improvement over the 2 home games we had over the remaining 67% of the regular season this past year.


i used to think that was a big deal, but off recent memory (of being miserable at cold games):

-cold weather didnt stop a bad fsu beating us last year
-didnt stop cuse from trouncing us the year before, or clemson on that night game
-getting killed by ville in november with lamar jackson running all over us

id rather have the whole day be enjoyable as one attending...dont really think it helps us that much. didnt help us when it monsooned and was freezing against fsu years ago


Exactly.

I’ll take six games in October, please.


Mathematically impossible.

Sometimes, the math says you can have five games in October, but if you are lucky maybe three (or four at the very most) will be in Chestnut Hill.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16871
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -255

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Los on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Even if we catch one team in 8 being caught off guard by the cold I'll take it. It does happen. And I wouldn't necessarily take Daz's record at home or anywhere else as some confirmation that it's not an advantage. This is the same guy that didn't know enough to have his players wear the proper shoes when Yankee Stadium froze over. On the other hand, I'm guessing Jeff's salivating at the thought of his DB's and backers teeing off on FSU or Miami receivers going over the middle on a cold day in Chestnut Hill.

The bigger issue for me is actually the spacing of the games. I hate having the home schedule essentially over by Halloween. The college football season is short enough. Don't make it even shorter.
- Los
User avatar
Los
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 65

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Cold weather blows. And BC fans are the definition of fair weather.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31057
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:48 am

bceagles24 wrote:Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.


kobay is on campus taking part in winter workouts

ab is not though he already graduated so no reason to be on campus this semester
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18220
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:54 am

I am told that Jurkovec's waiver is in the pipeline. My guess is AB knows this, is waiting for it to happen and will then move on. I can't imagine there is any interest in AB amongst the P5 (except perhaps amongst the absolute dregs) and that he will end up at a MAC-level or lower portion of AAC. That opportunity isn't going anywhere and will be available when Jurkovec gets his waiver. It's a smart move by AB to sit tight for now because the NCAA can always fuck up a process and botch an easy call.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 566

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

from meatbaum:

first practice 2/22, spring game 4/4
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18220
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:48 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:I am told that Jurkovec's waiver is in the pipeline. My guess is AB knows this, is waiting for it to happen and will then move on. I can't imagine there is any interest in AB amongst the P5 (except perhaps amongst the absolute dregs) and that he will end up at a MAC-level or lower portion of AAC. That opportunity isn't going anywhere and will be available when Jurkovec gets his waiver. It's a smart move by AB to sit tight for now because the NCAA can always fuck up a process and botch an easy call.


1. AB was not deadset on leaving when he entered the portal. He was doing it to protect himself.
B. He has gotten interest from P5 schools; MichSt was one of the first to call.

I have no idea why he has not pulled the trigger. My guess is that he wants someone to guarantee him the starting job, which only a very desperate team will do.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8136
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 122

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:I am told that Jurkovec's waiver is in the pipeline. My guess is AB knows this, is waiting for it to happen and will then move on. I can't imagine there is any interest in AB amongst the P5 (except perhaps amongst the absolute dregs) and that he will end up at a MAC-level or lower portion of AAC. That opportunity isn't going anywhere and will be available when Jurkovec gets his waiver. It's a smart move by AB to sit tight for now because the NCAA can always fuck up a process and botch an easy call.


Reports last week were that AB had interest from Miami.

http://247sports.com/Article/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-2020-Heres-why-former-Boston-College-quarterback-Anthony-Brown-would-fit-offensive-coordinator-Rhett-Lashlees-system-142134731/

And Feldman reported two weeks on the Athletic that AB had interest/feelers from Georgia and UVA as well.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 519

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BC923 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:59 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:I am told that Jurkovec's waiver is in the pipeline. My guess is AB knows this, is waiting for it to happen and will then move on. I can't imagine there is any interest in AB amongst the P5 (except perhaps amongst the absolute dregs) and that he will end up at a MAC-level or lower portion of AAC. That opportunity isn't going anywhere and will be available when Jurkovec gets his waiver. It's a smart move by AB to sit tight for now because the NCAA can always fuck up a process and botch an easy call.


Reports last week were that AB had interest from Miami.

http://247sports.com/Article/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-2020-Heres-why-former-Boston-College-quarterback-Anthony-Brown-would-fit-offensive-coordinator-Rhett-Lashlees-system-142134731/

And Feldman reported two weeks on the Athletic that AB had interest/feelers from Georgia and UVA as well.

Miami and Georgia both landed better options. I imagine MSU or UVA will be the choice if he decides to leave
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 424

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Untitled document