2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:39 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
HJS wrote:For some reason, we have to deal with Travis Etienne for another season.


Why on earth is he coming back? He’s better than any RB on the Bucs roster right now


Given the short careers of running backs in the NFL, and that he would probably go early on Day 2 at the worst, returning makes no sense.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 65

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 am

schedule is being released tomorrow
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18217
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 am

claver2010 wrote:schedule is being released tomorrow



Woohoo
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9160
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1627

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:15 am

2020 Boston College Football Schedule

Friday, Sept. 4 Syracuse*
Saturday, Sept. 12 Ohio
Saturday, Sept. 19 at Kansas
Saturday, Sept. 26 Purdue
Friday, Oct. 2 Clemson*
Saturday, Oct. 10 Louisville*
Thursday, Oct. 22 at Virginia Tech*
Saturday, Oct. 31 Holy Cross
Saturday, Nov. 7 at NC State*
Saturday, Nov. 14 at Florida State*
Saturday, Nov. 21 North Carolina*
Saturday, Nov. 28 at Wake Forest*

1. Someone needs to talk to the ACC about scheduling Clemson on a Friday
2. What ever happened to Syracuse being the last game of the season? We did that for like two or three years then stopped
3. Virginia Tech on a Thursday night - is college football trying to reclaim Thursdays?
4. Holy Cross in the middle of the season is interesting. Makes me feel like an SEC team.

With Hafley at the helm I actually feel pretty good about heading into Clemson at 4-0.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 489

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:18 am

2 Friday home games. That is absolute bullshit.

I thought the conference policy was that no one had to host more than one Friday game per season.

Holy Cross on Halloween will be a ghost town.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14967
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2911

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:21 am

huge game off the bat for hafley

i don't mind the friday of labor day weekend being the friday game but given there are two it's terrible

happy no thanksgiving home game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18217
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:30 am

UNC the only other school with two Friday night home games (Friday 9/4 and Friday 11/27)
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 489

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:40 am

1. This actually would be a pretty good schedule if Clempson was a Saturday.
B. If we have to a home game Labor Day weekend, Friday is MUCH better than Saturday.
III. We finally have more than one Saturday home game in October!
iv. We need to stop scheduling teams like Kansas and Purdue.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8134
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 122

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:46 am

BCMurt09 wrote:2020 Boston College Football Schedule

Friday, Sept. 4 Syracuse*
Saturday, Sept. 12 Ohio
Saturday, Sept. 19 at Kansas
Saturday, Sept. 26 Purdue
Friday, Oct. 2 Clemson*
Saturday, Oct. 10 Louisville*
Thursday, Oct. 22 at Virginia Tech*
Saturday, Oct. 31 Holy Cross
Saturday, Nov. 7 at NC State*
Saturday, Nov. 14 at Florida State*
Saturday, Nov. 21 North Carolina*
Saturday, Nov. 28 at Wake Forest*

1. Someone needs to talk to the ACC about scheduling Clemson on a Friday
2. What ever happened to Syracuse being the last game of the season? We did that for like two or three years then stopped
3. Virginia Tech on a Thursday night - is college football trying to reclaim Thursdays?
4. Holy Cross in the middle of the season is interesting. Makes me feel like an SEC team.

With Hafley at the helm I actually feel pretty good about heading into Clemson at 4-0.




Get in.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16866
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -261

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:49 am

claver2010 wrote:huge game off the bat for hafley

i don't mind the friday of labor day weekend being the friday game but given there are two it's terrible

happy no thanksgiving home game


The traffic driving up on Friday of Labor Day is going to be brutal.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9160
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1627

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:55 am

Mental note not to leave anything confidential around Baldwin.

1. I don't mind Friday Night of Labor Day, but the Friday Clemson game stinks
2. I don't care when we play road games. Thursday Night at VT will be fun
3. Having 3 Night games guarantees a fair amount of national exposure

I don't mind this schedule on the overall.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16367
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:56 am

DuchesneEast wrote:
claver2010 wrote:huge game off the bat for hafley

i don't mind the friday of labor day weekend being the friday game but given there are two it's terrible

happy no thanksgiving home game


The traffic driving up on Friday of Labor Day is going to be brutal.


The advantage is after the game you can drive wherever you go for Labor Day (Cape, RI, upstate NY, etc.) with minimal traffic after the game.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16367
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eagle33 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:05 am

eepstein0 wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
claver2010 wrote:huge game off the bat for hafley

i don't mind the friday of labor day weekend being the friday game but given there are two it's terrible

happy no thanksgiving home game


The traffic driving up on Friday of Labor Day is going to be brutal.


The advantage is after the game you can drive wherever you go for Labor Day (Cape, RI, upstate NY, etc.) with minimal traffic after the game.


i wouldn't recommend that if you've been drinking.

clemson should be a 3:30 saturday game.

i don't like that 4 of the last 6 games are on the road.

vt game on a thursday gives us 2 extra days to prepare for that big game against the cross.
eagle33
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: 74

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 am

Both Cuse and BC hate having the home games Thanksgiving weekend so the rivalry got moved off of it. The problem for both is lack of students and muted fan support.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3470
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 580

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:22 am

If UNC is in contention that game is going to be tough. Also, at Kansas scares me bit as Les Miles gets a couple of years into that rebuild... I don't think it's a gimme.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15486
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 297

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:02 am

eagle33 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
claver2010 wrote:huge game off the bat for hafley

i don't mind the friday of labor day weekend being the friday game but given there are two it's terrible

happy no thanksgiving home game


The traffic driving up on Friday of Labor Day is going to be brutal.


The advantage is after the game you can drive wherever you go for Labor Day (Cape, RI, upstate NY, etc.) with minimal traffic after the game.


i wouldn't recommend that if you've been drinking.

clemson should be a 3:30 saturday game.

i don't like that 4 of the last 6 games are on the road.

vt game on a thursday gives us 2 extra days to prepare for that big game against the cross.


You could not get hammered at the game. Just a thought.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16367
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:14 am

will be nice to have an offense that won't drive one to the bottle

Rushes against a stacked box, FBS RBs:

AJ Dillon, Boston College: 240
Xazavian Valladay, Wyo: 145
Jaret Patterson, Buf: 140
Jonathan Taylor, Wisc: 134
Caleb Huntley, Ball St: 131
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18217
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 am

eepstein0 wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
claver2010 wrote:huge game off the bat for hafley

i don't mind the friday of labor day weekend being the friday game but given there are two it's terrible

happy no thanksgiving home game


The traffic driving up on Friday of Labor Day is going to be brutal.


The advantage is after the game you can drive wherever you go for Labor Day (Cape, RI, upstate NY, etc.) with minimal traffic after the game.


But I am just going back to Jersey :(
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9160
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1627

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 am

eepstein0 wrote:
eagle33 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
claver2010 wrote:huge game off the bat for hafley

i don't mind the friday of labor day weekend being the friday game but given there are two it's terrible

happy no thanksgiving home game


The traffic driving up on Friday of Labor Day is going to be brutal.


The advantage is after the game you can drive wherever you go for Labor Day (Cape, RI, upstate NY, etc.) with minimal traffic after the game.


i wouldn't recommend that if you've been drinking.

clemson should be a 3:30 saturday game.

i don't like that 4 of the last 6 games are on the road.

vt game on a thursday gives us 2 extra days to prepare for that big game against the cross.


You could not get hammered at the game. Just a thought.


I don't understand why people who choose to drink at football games do not use "time" to their advantage. Drink as much as you want at the tailgate BEFORE the game. Even if you are hammered, walk (quietly and submissively so security doesn't raise an eyebrow) into the game. Drink water (so you don't get hungover.) Spend the next 4 hours watching the game, don't drink a drop of alcohol during the game. Stay for the whole game. Game ends, don't race to the exit, take your time. After 4 hours of sitting in the stands and NOT drinking alcohol (just drink water) your buzz will have worn off completely, you will have sobered up nicely.

In all the football games that I have attended where there was drinking at the tailgate, this is standard operating procedure. A football game offers the absolute perfect amount of time to sober up if you drink no alcohol while watching it. Why do you want to buy booze at the stadium anyway, its super expensive. Use that time and let your body rid the alcohol. This is a no-brainer.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16866
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -261

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:26 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
eagle33 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:
claver2010 wrote:huge game off the bat for hafley

i don't mind the friday of labor day weekend being the friday game but given there are two it's terrible

happy no thanksgiving home game


The traffic driving up on Friday of Labor Day is going to be brutal.


The advantage is after the game you can drive wherever you go for Labor Day (Cape, RI, upstate NY, etc.) with minimal traffic after the game.


i wouldn't recommend that if you've been drinking.

clemson should be a 3:30 saturday game.

i don't like that 4 of the last 6 games are on the road.

vt game on a thursday gives us 2 extra days to prepare for that big game against the cross.


You could not get hammered at the game. Just a thought.


I don't understand why people who choose to drink at football games do not use "time" to their advantage. Drink as much as you want at the tailgate BEFORE the game. Even if you are hammered, walk (quietly and submissively so security doesn't raise an eyebrow) into the game. Drink water (so you don't get hungover.) Spend the next 4 hours watching the game, don't drink a drop of alcohol during the game. Stay for the whole game. Game ends, don't race to the exit, take your time. After 4 hours of sitting in the stands and NOT drinking alcohol (just drink water) your buzz will have worn off completely, you will have sobered up nicely.

In all the football games that I have attended where there was drinking at the tailgate, this is standard operating procedure. A football game offers the absolute perfect amount of time to sober up if you drink no alcohol while watching it. Why do you want to buy booze at the stadium anyway, its super expensive. Use that time and let your body rid the alcohol. This is a no-brainer.


Oddly enough IB is spot on here.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16367
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:46 pm

i prefer clambakes to football games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18217
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby mod6A on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:06 pm

huh. looking at the schedule there is no "must go" road game jumping out at me.....

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
User avatar
mod6A
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2962
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 am
Karma: 403

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Vape pen. Can still be functional.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -179

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Darren6 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:22 pm

BCMurt09 wrote:2020 Boston College Football Schedule

Friday, Sept. 4 Syracuse*
Saturday, Sept. 12 Ohio
Saturday, Sept. 19 at Kansas
Saturday, Sept. 26 Purdue
Friday, Oct. 2 Clemson*
Saturday, Oct. 10 Louisville*
Thursday, Oct. 22 at Virginia Tech*
Saturday, Oct. 31 Holy Cross
Saturday, Nov. 7 at NC State*
Saturday, Nov. 14 at Florida State*
Saturday, Nov. 21 North Carolina*
Saturday, Nov. 28 at Wake Forest*

1. Someone needs to talk to the ACC about scheduling Clemson on a Friday
2. What ever happened to Syracuse being the last game of the season? We did that for like two or three years then stopped
3. Virginia Tech on a Thursday night - is college football trying to reclaim Thursdays?
4. Holy Cross in the middle of the season is interesting. Makes me feel like an SEC team.

With Hafley at the helm I actually feel pretty good about heading into Clemson at 4-0.


Well, they do need to take a break from facing the daunting ACC competition
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:05 pm
Karma: 35

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:28 pm

claver2010 wrote:i prefer clambakes to football games


it was just wake forest and all my buddies graduated BU and they would have teased me from now until forever if I flew across the country to go to that game and passed on lobster. wtf do you want, I was at the USC game 2 years later
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16866
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -261

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:35 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
claver2010 wrote:i prefer clambakes to football games


it was just wake forest and all my buddies graduated BU and they would have teased me from now until forever if I flew across the country to go to that game and passed on lobster. wtf do you want, I was at the USC game 2 years later


I like clams.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9160
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1627

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:47 pm

mod6A wrote:huh. looking at the schedule there is no "must go" road game jumping out at me.....

:whalepants


likewise, i've done nc state and that's fun. zero desire to go to free shoes u
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18217
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:31 pm

claver2010 wrote:
mod6A wrote:huh. looking at the schedule there is no "must go" road game jumping out at me.....

:whalepants


likewise, i've done nc state and that's fun. zero desire to go to free shoes u


Tally is a pain to get to from Boston.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16367
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:15 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
mod6A wrote:huh. looking at the schedule there is no "must go" road game jumping out at me.....

:whalepants


likewise, i've done nc state and that's fun. zero desire to go to free shoes u


Tally is a pain to get to from Boston.


Thats the only one worth going to though.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9160
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1627

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Los on Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Enough with the Thursday and Friday night games, for fuck's sake.
- Los
User avatar
Los
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 65

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Untitled document