2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 08, 2020 8:16 pm

eepstein0 wrote:Marty Walsh just banned gatherings in Boston until September 7. Doesn’t seem good for any chance of a college football season with fans


zero chance all 12 BC fans are allowed to go to games. also zero chance the games do not happen.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31382
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby HJS on Fri May 08, 2020 9:01 pm

Wait... so that means no Red Sox games in Fenway? Interested to see how that flies.

Edit: As is usually the case, the info posted was somewhat selective. It seems that Walsh ended the idea of the City-held events like Parades and 4th of July. He has not yet done anything regarding the Red Sox. BC's football fate will be linked to that of the Sawks. If Fenway can safely have daily baseball games with 35k people, BC surely can hold 6 games with half that amount.
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/05/08/ ... -canceled/
7-wins... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14660
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 285

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 08, 2020 9:24 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Marty Walsh just banned gatherings in Boston until September 7. Doesn’t seem good for any chance of a college football season with fans


zero chance all 12 BC fans are allowed to go to games. also zero chance the games do not happen.


I don’t really understand why he needs to cancel things 4 months from now.

Not sure how you’re putting 90 guys in a locker room safely (or students in a dorm) right now. Things can obviously improve 4 months from now.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16538
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 08, 2020 10:35 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Marty Walsh just banned gatherings in Boston until September 7. Doesn’t seem good for any chance of a college football season with fans


zero chance all 12 BC fans are allowed to go to games. also zero chance the games do not happen.


I don’t really understand why he needs to cancel things 4 months from now.

Not sure how you’re putting 90 guys in a locker room safely (or students in a dorm) right now. Things can obviously improve 4 months from now.


You can do it because they are 20 and there is ZERO risk to them. Let's stop with the full retard.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31382
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby StratEagle on Sat May 09, 2020 12:03 am

Well as we're constantly reminded of, we aren't technically in Boston..
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:04 pm
Karma: 188

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat May 09, 2020 9:05 am

StratEagle wrote:Well as we're constantly reminded of, we aren't technically in Boston..


Alumni Stadium is.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8323
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Sat May 09, 2020 10:02 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Marty Walsh just banned gatherings in Boston until September 7. Doesn’t seem good for any chance of a college football season with fans


zero chance all 12 BC fans are allowed to go to games. also zero chance the games do not happen.


I don’t really understand why he needs to cancel things 4 months from now.

Not sure how you’re putting 90 guys in a locker room safely (or students in a dorm) right now. Things can obviously improve 4 months from now.


You can do it because they are 20 and there is ZERO risk to them. Let's stop with the full retard.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm
Karma: 30

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat May 09, 2020 11:30 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Marty Walsh just banned gatherings in Boston until September 7. Doesn’t seem good for any chance of a college football season with fans


zero chance all 12 BC fans are allowed to go to games. also zero chance the games do not happen.


I don’t really understand why he needs to cancel things 4 months from now.

Not sure how you’re putting 90 guys in a locker room safely (or students in a dorm) right now. Things can obviously improve 4 months from now.


You can do it because they are 20 and there is ZERO risk to them. Let's stop with the full retard.


This. I can't believe there are still people concerned about the COVID, but I'm not surprised eepstein hasn't figured it out yet.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 148

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Los on Sat May 09, 2020 2:54 pm

USC game from 2014 is on the ACCN right now.
- Los
User avatar
Los
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 65

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 09, 2020 3:27 pm

thanks rewatching, what a call by fOSUhc ryan day on the sherm alston reverse

leading receivers for each team that season:
Nelson Agholor, Juju, Buck Allen: 2500 yards
Josh bordner, dan crimmins, shakim phillips: 900 yards
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Los on Sat May 09, 2020 3:52 pm

I did not remember the defense playing as well as they did, but they were lights out that night. Penetration and/or QB pressure on seemingly every play. Not to mention *gasp* solid tackling.
- Los
User avatar
Los
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 65

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 09, 2020 3:54 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:Marty Walsh just banned gatherings in Boston until September 7. Doesn’t seem good for any chance of a college football season with fans


zero chance all 12 BC fans are allowed to go to games. also zero chance the games do not happen.


I don’t really understand why he needs to cancel things 4 months from now.

Not sure how you’re putting 90 guys in a locker room safely (or students in a dorm) right now. Things can obviously improve 4 months from now.


You can do it because they are 20 and there is ZERO risk to them. Let's stop with the full retard.


This. I can't believe there are still people concerned about the COVID, but I'm not surprised eepstein hasn't figured it out yet.


Did you forget the red font?
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16538
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Los wrote:I did not remember the defense playing as well as they did, but they were lights out that night. Penetration and/or QB pressure on seemingly every play. Not to mention *gasp* solid tackling.


a lot of future nfl talent on that side of the ball:
landry
yiadom
keyes
simmons
milano
kam moore
john johnson
mehdi a
steven daniels
brian mihalik
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed May 13, 2020 12:16 pm

claver2010 wrote:
Los wrote:I did not remember the defense playing as well as they did, but they were lights out that night. Penetration and/or QB pressure on seemingly every play. Not to mention *gasp* solid tackling.


a lot of future nfl talent on that side of the ball:
landry
yiadom
keyes
simmons
milano
kam moore
john johnson
mehdi a
steven daniels
brian mihalik


As I recall, they lost at Pitt the week before and the tackling was abysmal. It came out they went light in practice that week. After the Pitt loss, going into USC, they essentially went full tilt, full pads the whole week and it showed against USC.

They played with no fear that game and just showed the most frustrating aspect of the Daz era: the ability to play with and beat anyone, but the refusal to do so.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 517

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 13, 2020 12:22 pm

BCMurt09 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
Los wrote:I did not remember the defense playing as well as they did, but they were lights out that night. Penetration and/or QB pressure on seemingly every play. Not to mention *gasp* solid tackling.


a lot of future nfl talent on that side of the ball:
landry
yiadom
keyes
simmons
milano
kam moore
john johnson
mehdi a
steven daniels
brian mihalik


As I recall, they lost at Pitt the week before and the tackling was abysmal. It came out they went light in practice that week. After the Pitt loss, going into USC, they essentially went full tilt, full pads the whole week and it showed against USC.

They played with no fear that game and just showed the most frustrating aspect of the Daz era: the ability to play with and beat anyone, but the refusal to do so.


James Connor had a lot to do with that bad tackling
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16538
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed May 13, 2020 12:35 pm

BCMurt09 wrote:
They played with no fear that game and just showed the most frustrating aspect of the Daz era: the ability to play with and beat anyone, but the refusal to do so.


That was only the case during the first two years with Day and Brown. Once Day left, then Brown, they never challenged the top programs.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 148

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BC923 on Wed May 13, 2020 2:48 pm

http://bit.ly/Matusz-Media

I thought this interview was interesting. The whole setup just seems so much more like a modern program now, especially the S&C and support staff.
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 430

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 14, 2020 10:47 am

all tickets for all sports will be mobile now
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby HJS on Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 am

claver2010 wrote:all tickets for all sports will be mobile now

First, donor based seating... and now this. Just doing everything possible to cleanse the Earth of whalepants.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14660
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 285

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 14, 2020 4:03 pm

HJS wrote:
claver2010 wrote:all tickets for all sports will be mobile now

First, donor based seating... and now this. Just doing everything possible to cleanse the Earth of whalepants.


Doesn't even mention the coronavirus itself.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31382
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 14, 2020 4:52 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
Los wrote:I did not remember the defense playing as well as they did, but they were lights out that night. Penetration and/or QB pressure on seemingly every play. Not to mention *gasp* solid tackling.


a lot of future nfl talent on that side of the ball:
landry
yiadom
keyes
simmons
milano
kam moore
john johnson
mehdi a
steven daniels
brian mihalik


As I recall, they lost at Pitt the week before and the tackling was abysmal. It came out they went light in practice that week. After the Pitt loss, going into USC, they essentially went full tilt, full pads the whole week and it showed against USC.

They played with no fear that game and just showed the most frustrating aspect of the Daz era: the ability to play with and beat anyone, but the refusal to do so.


James Connor had a lot to do with that bad tackling


WHat is your "BC is considering sitting out football for 2020" source?
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8323
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 14, 2020 5:40 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
Los wrote:I did not remember the defense playing as well as they did, but they were lights out that night. Penetration and/or QB pressure on seemingly every play. Not to mention *gasp* solid tackling.


a lot of future nfl talent on that side of the ball:
landry
yiadom
keyes
simmons
milano
kam moore
john johnson
mehdi a
steven daniels
brian mihalik


As I recall, they lost at Pitt the week before and the tackling was abysmal. It came out they went light in practice that week. After the Pitt loss, going into USC, they essentially went full tilt, full pads the whole week and it showed against USC.

They played with no fear that game and just showed the most frustrating aspect of the Daz era: the ability to play with and beat anyone, but the refusal to do so.


James Connor had a lot to do with that bad tackling


WHat is your "BC is considering sitting out football for 2020" source?


Your reading comprehension is not good. Go read my post again.

Rumor over on the EI Boards, that I think is personally silly, but it's out there.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16538
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -252

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 14, 2020 6:34 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
There's a rumor that BC is considering sitting out football for 2020 which spooked MJ. The rumor doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface, but it's out there. The long-term effects of missing a football season would be catastrophic for the Athletic Department so I have to imagine they'll do everyone possible to play (including having students back on campus for classes).


I do not believe said rumor.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 15, 2020 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8323
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eagle33 on Fri May 15, 2020 7:11 am

Good analysis of the 2020 season in the Athletic today. Includes Haf's assessment on how recruiting is going during covid.

https://theathletic.com/1807817/2020/05/15/boston-college-eagles-football-schedule-roster-depth-chart-state-of-the-program/
eagle33
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: -10

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 18, 2020 8:57 am

@ADavidHaleJoint
No P5 team ran into 8+ defenders in the box last year more than Boston College - 42.7% of the time. Next most? Iowa at 29.8%. That's an insane margin. BC yards/carry vs. 8+ was 3.52, with 7 or less it was 6.46. New QB/coach/scheme should help. A lot.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BC923 on Mon May 18, 2020 9:13 am

claver2010 wrote:
@ADavidHaleJoint
No P5 team ran into 8+ defenders in the box last year more than Boston College - 42.7% of the time. Next most? Iowa at 29.8%. That's an insane margin. BC yards/carry vs. 8+ was 3.52, with 7 or less it was 6.46. New QB/coach/scheme should help. A lot.


Rocks don’t crack themselves
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 430

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue May 19, 2020 1:33 pm

School's starting on campus as planned Aug 31 - so no way football doesn't happen (tho if fans at alumni may be up in the air still)
In.
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 239

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue May 19, 2020 2:41 pm

JesuitIvy wrote:School's starting on campus as planned Aug 31 - so no way football doesn't happen (tho if fans at alumni may be up in the air still)


Hopefully the players can return to campus ASAP. I think the first summer session starts this week or next.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8323
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 20, 2020 2:52 pm

ncaa allows voluntary athletic activities for the revenue sports to start june 1
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 21, 2020 1:18 pm

sent out refund policy for this year. 'cautiously optimistic there will be football played this fall'

if no fans, full refund or apply credit to 2021 tickets

if fans and don't feel comfortable going to game can get refund
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eepstein0 and 52 guests

Untitled document