2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Los {l Wrote}:Enough with the Thursday and Friday night games, for fuck's sake.

Why?

BC does exceptionally well vs vpi on Thursday Night in Blacksburg
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:47 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.

HUGE! Thought he was a goner.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Kobay White apparently took his name out of the portal. That’s a big win for Hafley.

He must know that he will have a capable QB throwing the ball to him, which is also great news!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:24 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

He must know that he will have a capable QB throwing the ball to him, which is also great news!

Has a waiver for Jurkovec been confirmed yet ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Los on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:40 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Why?

The best part about football is getting to spend a full day enjoying it, whether that be on campus tailgating and chilling with friends or at home binging on games. When the game is played on Thursday or Friday that process is compressed dramatically. As others have said, trying to drive into campus at the same time everyone else is getting out of the city is a nightmare. I also would prefer that BC football not compete with my job or other weekday responsibilities for my attention on a weekday unlike a Saturday.

It all just feels rushed and is not an ideal experience, that’s all. With only 6 or 7 home games a year I’d like the experience to be as ideal as possible. For the record, I hate NFL games on Thursday too. Won’t be long before they are playing games on Friday. It’s ruining football IMO.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:41 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

obviously, no one here really knows, but could we venture to guess that a waiver might be had, which in turn influenced Kobay's return?

it's a reach, sure, but I hope that this is the way it goes down.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Los {l Wrote}:

Why?

The best part about football is getting to spend a full day enjoying it, whether that be on campus tailgating and chilling with friends or at home binging on games. When the game is played on Thursday or Friday that process is compressed dramatically. As others have said, trying to drive into campus at the same time everyone else is getting out of the city is a nightmare. I also would prefer that BC football not compete with my job or other weekday responsibilities for my attention on a weekday unlike a Saturday.

It all just feels rushed and is not an ideal experience, that’s all. With only 6 or 7 home games a year I’d like the experience to be as ideal as possible. For the record, I hate NFL games on Thursday too. Won’t be long before they are playing games on Friday. It’s ruining football IMO.

I don't take a ton of vacation from work, but I always make a point to at least take a half day, if not a full day when we have a Friday home game. Then you can get to campus whenever you'd like (just not more than 4 before kickoff).
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

Why?

You’ll need to take half a day for the Clemson game unless it’s an 8 pm game
I don't take a ton of vacation from work, but I always make a point to at least take a half day, if not a full day when we have a Friday home game. Then you can get to campus whenever you'd like (just not more than 4 before kickoff).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:05 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

i have a feeling we won't be hearing for months
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:48 pm

BC has a group of fans that fill a quarter of the stadium and would rather tailgate through the first quarter. Doubt their whining about night games is registering with ESPN++

Glad Kobay is back. Must have been wanted by the new coach after all.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 pm

I like Thursday and Friday games in Aug and Sept, free up the weekend at the cape. I hate only 3 hours of tailgating. It will be fun to open up with SU.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Los {l Wrote}:

Why?

Fair enough

For me the best thing about football is winning the game. Then I can enjoy the whole next week or (if on Thursday Night) really enjoy that weekend AND the whole next week. Going to the USC game in 2013, yakking with the parents of the players for 4 hours before kickoff, meeting Andre Williams and shaking his hand, that was all well and good but the rest of the weekend and whole week after that game sucked.

The older I get, the less time I have in life to enjoy myself. The less time you have, the more time you will have to use it wisely. But if I had it all my way, it would be used wisely and enjoyably. So the older I get (the less time I have left) the more important winning is.

I guess I don't care how inconvenient the time or location of the game is, so long as they get the W.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Glad Kobay is back. Must have really wanted to be at BC after all.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:30 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Glad Kobay is back. Must have really wanted to be at BC after all.

That too.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:49 am

really not much to complain about on this schedule:

-dont love labor day game because i can never make it, but were gonna get a labor day home game or a thanksgiving home day most seasons. if were going to have one, friday night is optimal

-wish the clemson game was saturday not friday. disappointed to have two friday home games, but:

-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game

-are thursday games becoming a thing again in the ACC? Looking quickly, looks like at least we, clemson, GT, VT, FSU, cuse, ville, nc state have thursday night games. dont love friday night, but would hate a thursday night home game.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That too.

this
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:09 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game

I'd actually prefer MORE games in November, not fewer. We're the northern most team in an open-air stadium. But yes, a definite improvement over the 2 home games we had over the remaining 67% of the regular season this past year.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Los {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:-distribution is good. 3 september games, 3 october games (people always complain about how few), and only one november game

I'd actually prefer MORE games in November, not fewer. We're the northern most team in an open-air stadium. But yes, a definite improvement over the 2 home games we had over the remaining 67% of the regular season this past year.

i used to think that was a big deal, but off recent memory (of being miserable at cold games):

-cold weather didnt stop a bad fsu beating us last year
-didnt stop cuse from trouncing us the year before, or clemson on that night game
-getting killed by ville in november with lamar jackson running all over us

id rather have the whole day be enjoyable as one attending...dont really think it helps us that much. didnt help us when it monsooned and was freezing against fsu years ago
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

i used to think that was a big deal, but off recent memory (of being miserable at cold games):

-didnt stop cuse from trouncing us the year before, or clemson on that night game

id rather have the whole day be enjoyable as one attending...dont really think it helps us that much. didnt help us when it monsooned and was freezing against fsu years ago

Exactly.

I’ll take six games in October, please.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:09 pm

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

Exactly.

I don't think the cold weather has helped us since Alabama 1983.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:21 pm

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

Exactly.

Mathematically impossible.

Sometimes, the math says you can have five games in October, but if you are lucky maybe three (or four at the very most) will be in Chestnut Hill.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Los on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Even if we catch one team in 8 being caught off guard by the cold I'll take it. It does happen. And I wouldn't necessarily take Daz's record at home or anywhere else as some confirmation that it's not an advantage. This is the same guy that didn't know enough to have his players wear the proper shoes when Yankee Stadium froze over. On the other hand, I'm guessing Jeff's salivating at the thought of his DB's and backers teeing off on FSU or Miami receivers going over the middle on a cold day in Chestnut Hill.

The bigger issue for me is actually the spacing of the games. I hate having the home schedule essentially over by Halloween. The college football season is short enough. Don't make it even shorter.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Cold weather blows. And BC fans are the definition of fair weather.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:48 am

kobay is on campus taking part in winter workouts

ab is not though he already graduated so no reason to be on campus this semester
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:54 am

I am told that Jurkovec's waiver is in the pipeline. My guess is AB knows this, is waiting for it to happen and will then move on. I can't imagine there is any interest in AB amongst the P5 (except perhaps amongst the absolute dregs) and that he will end up at a MAC-level or lower portion of AAC. That opportunity isn't going anywhere and will be available when Jurkovec gets his waiver. It's a smart move by AB to sit tight for now because the NCAA can always fuck up a process and botch an easy call.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

from meatbaum:

first practice 2/22, spring game 4/4
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:48 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I am told that Jurkovec's waiver is in the pipeline. My guess is AB knows this, is waiting for it to happen and will then move on. I can't imagine there is any interest in AB amongst the P5 (except perhaps amongst the absolute dregs) and that he will end up at a MAC-level or lower portion of AAC. That opportunity isn't going anywhere and will be available when Jurkovec gets his waiver. It's a smart move by AB to sit tight for now because the NCAA can always fuck up a process and botch an easy call.

1. AB was not deadset on leaving when he entered the portal. He was doing it to protect himself.
B. He has gotten interest from P5 schools; MichSt was one of the first to call.

I have no idea why he has not pulled the trigger. My guess is that he wants someone to guarantee him the starting job, which only a very desperate team will do.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I am told that Jurkovec's waiver is in the pipeline. My guess is AB knows this, is waiting for it to happen and will then move on. I can't imagine there is any interest in AB amongst the P5 (except perhaps amongst the absolute dregs) and that he will end up at a MAC-level or lower portion of AAC. That opportunity isn't going anywhere and will be available when Jurkovec gets his waiver. It's a smart move by AB to sit tight for now because the NCAA can always fuck up a process and botch an easy call.

Reports last week were that AB had interest from Miami.

http://247sports.com/Article/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-2020-Heres-why-former-Boston-College-quarterback-Anthony-Brown-would-fit-offensive-coordinator-Rhett-Lashlees-system-142134731/

And Feldman reported two weeks on the Athletic that AB had interest/feelers from Georgia and UVA as well.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:59 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Reports last week were that AB had interest from Miami.

http://247sports.com/Article/Miami-Hurricanes-Football-2020-Heres-why-former-Boston-College-quarterback-Anthony-Brown-would-fit-offensive-coordinator-Rhett-Lashlees-system-142134731/

And Feldman reported two weeks on the Athletic that AB had interest/feelers from Georgia and UVA as well.

Miami and Georgia both landed better options. I imagine MSU or UVA will be the choice if he decides to leave
BC923
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium