2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:33 pm

Anyone know anything about today's first practice?
All i've seen so far is a Hunter Long quote saying it was the cleanest first day of practice they've had since he has been there.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:04 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Anyone know anything about today's first practice?
All i've seen so far is a Hunter Long quote saying it was the cleanest first day of practice they've had since he has been there.

And that is why we have zero COVID cases.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:42 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Anyone know anything about today's first practice?

Practice Report # 1
https://spark.adobe.com/page/sZtiSewApR9tl/

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:05 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:27 pm

Practice Day 2 (75mins, first time in helmets)

Last edited by hansen on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:14 am

the alec lindstrom pod is good.

episode 1 was halfey.
2 was jurk where they talked about transfer process, being motivated by the preseason predictions 'seeing people say we'll win 1 game and lose to teams we kicked the crap out of last year'. making fun of the 95 yard drive at rutgres where they ran 17 straight plays and thankful they'll be throwing the ball this year
3 was w max richardson, talking about the changes w hafley, crispest practices they've had, most fun they've had, etc.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the alec lindstrom pod is good.

episode 1 was halfey.
2 was jurk where they talked about transfer process, being motivated by the preseason predictions 'seeing people say we'll win 1 game and lose to teams we kicked the crap out of last year'. making fun of the 95 yard drive at rutgres where they ran 17 straight plays and thankful they'll be throwing the ball this year
3 was w max richardson, talking about the changes w hafley, crispest practices they've had, most fun they've had, etc.

I thought the first and third was really good but the 2nd was kind of a dud.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Practice #3 (2 hours in shoulder pads)

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Practice #4 (1 hours in full pads... hard practice tomorrow)

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Have to imagine the ACC follows the Big10s lead here and cancels this season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Have to imagine the ACC follows the Big10s lead here and cancels this season.

I just hope BC can get in as many practices as possible before then. Pac-12 meets Tuesday so I expect that's when the dominoes fall. BC has a long, hard practice for tmrw and then I believe day off.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Have to imagine the ACC follows the Big10s lead here and cancels this season.

I just hope BC can get in as many practices as possible before then. Pac-12 meets Tuesday so I expect that's when the dominoes fall. BC has a long, hard practice for tmrw and then I believe day off.

I think the ACC will more likely try to follow the SEC’s lead. That said, it doesn’t sound promising. I feel for the kids they are pretending to protect. For them, the season is an opportunity to showcase their skills and develop as they hope to make the NFL. There is a small window on their college careers. Losing 25% of it sucks.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:07 am

Of all the college football players who have tested positive so far, have ANY had negative outcomes? The NBA players? The MLB players? The Korean baseball players? The European soccer players? The high school kids playing baseball in Iowa? What is the data point that tipped these dorks over the edge to cancelling the season?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:13 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Of all the college football players who have tested positive so far, have ANY had negative outcomes? The NBA players? The MLB players? The Korean baseball players? The European soccer players? The high school kids playing baseball in Iowa? What is the data point that tipped these dorks over the edge to cancelling the season?

There have been a handful, but at this point cancelling the season would be much more about the NCAA flailing and trying to maintain the charade of amateurism
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:14 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Of all the college football players who have tested positive so far, have ANY had negative outcomes? The NBA players? The MLB players? The Korean baseball players? The European soccer players? The high school kids playing baseball in Iowa? What is the data point that tipped these dorks over the edge to cancelling the season?

An LSU LB said he had a tough time with it and lost over 20lbs, but now is fine and ready to play football.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:22 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:

There have been a handful, but at this point cancelling the season would be much more about the NCAA flailing and trying to maintain the charade of amateurism

None of this would have been a discussion if the pandemic was raging through America in 2012. Just like how the media was hyperfocused on the devastation of Katrina or Puerto Rico... but praised the Obama administration for defeating Superstorm Sandy (while there are still areas on the Jersey Shore rebuilding).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:28 am

A guy on the red sox has serious heart damage. may or may not be permanent.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:30 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

ERod

https://www.telegram.com/news/20200807/ ... ox-pitcher
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

None of this would have been a discussion if the pandemic was raging through America in 2012. Just like how the media was hyperfocused on the devastation of Katrina or Puerto Rico... but praised the Obama administration for defeating Superstorm Sandy (while there are still areas on the Jersey Shore rebuilding).

There was a pandemic raging in 2014-16, but we didn't hear that much about it because, well, the CDC spearheaded Federal efforts to keep it from hitting the U.S.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 am

Dan Patrick reporting that the Big Ten and Pac-12 will cancel their football seasons tomorrow.
The Big Ten vote was 12-2 with only Nebraska and Iowa voting to play.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

ERod

I think putting kids in a situation where they may catch something that (so far) seems to randomly kill or permanently disable some people who get it, even if the risk is relatively low, spooks the sh*t out of people.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:12 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

ERod

An IU O-Lineman had a bad bout & has shown symptoms of heart damage:

"My son was negative when he got tested at the beginning of volunteer workouts. Within three weeks he and multiple others tested positive. His university has done everything right by shutting down workouts and retesting the whole team.

"Unfortunately this virus hit my son very hard compared to most of his teammates. Here was a kid in perfect health, great physical condition and due to the virus ended up going to the ER because of breathing issues. After 14 days of hell battling the horrible virus, his school did additional testing on all those that were positive. My son even recieved extra tests because he was one of the worst cases.

"Now we are dealing with possible heart issues! He is still experiencing additional symptoms and his blood work is indicating additional problems. Bottom line, even if your son’s schools do everything right to protect them, they CAN’T PROTECT THEM!!

Assess the ongoing exposure sure to occur with play against opponents, not all of whom will be forthright about likely Covid-19 cases. Probably most importantly, remember that institutions KNOW that other institutions falsify this data (BC would be on particularly thin ice if the stories surrounding our previous HC have a hint of truth). Consider also how halftime, postgame, etc. will be handled given social distancing requirements that preclude normal usage of locker rooms, showers, etc. What about travel back and forth in enclosed environments? Multiply by each team deciding to play. Universities' estimation of liability to be incurred with playing will shut the season down.
Last edited by OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:14 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

ERod

I think putting kids in a situation where they may catch something that (so far) seems to randomly kill or permanently disable some people who get it, even if the risk is relatively low, spooks the sh*t out of people.

It's ^. The response on this from the people who should be keeping us safe is embarrassing (both political parties are guilty here). Even if there's a vaccine, kids 18-22 are going to be last to be vaccinated (or close to last) so I can't see them playing in the Spring. Maybe next Fall, but it would require a vaccine hitting pretty early in '21.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:44 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

ERod

It's ^. The response on this from the people who should be keeping us safe is embarrassing (both political parties are guilty here). Even if there's a vaccine, kids 18-22 are going to be last to be vaccinated (or close to last) so I can't see them playing in the Spring. Maybe next Fall, but it would require a vaccine hitting pretty early in '21.

How are each of the two parties responsible? I'm not saying that to be partisan. I just want to understand what you're thinking in terms of where the Republicans are responsible (I guess WH vs. Congress), vs. how the Congressional Democrats bear responsibility for the present situation.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:04 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

ERod

How are each of the two parties responsible? I'm not saying that to be partisan. I just want to understand what you're thinking in terms of where the Republicans are responsible (I guess WH vs. Congress), vs. how the Congressional Democrats bear responsibility for the present situation.

It ranges from Trump all the way down to Cuomo (who put COVID-19 patients into elderly care facilities). This has been mishandled top-to-bottom by both parties.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:05 am

Yeah, this is really a bipartisan effort for once.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:29 am

If like to get an explanation as to what has been mishandled. I’d like to know how the same people at the CDC (which doesn’t turnover every election) got it right in 2014 but not 2020. I’d like to know how the well-regraded Fauci and WHO were so wrong. And, I’d like to know how a free and open republic is supposed to handle draconian police state conversions efficiently.

The answer to all this is that coronavirus is different and unprecedented in modern history and never had a chance of being controlled (most likely because it was a man-made virus from Wuhan). It is like Daz touting his time of possession in a 50-point loss to Clemson. Personally, I don’t blame any politician. Cuomo’s decisions proved deadly, but he didn’t have the benefit of hindsight and was trying to keep hospitals clear (while believing that at nursing homes, the sick would be getting medical attention). Fauci et al didn’t want people buying masks most needed for medical professionals (so they delayed the implementation during a time they were recommending people stay home anyway). On a National level, it is impossible to create one-size fits all in such a diverse geographic population in an open society.

Ultimately, if you believe in government instead of God, you place your faith in its ability to prevent all ills and provide daily happiness. And, you are willing to abide by its authoritarian whims for the greater good. That is what Godless China is and where the Left is continually driving this country.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:30 am

lots of crazy rumors out there. everything from a handful of b1g teams reaching out to the big12 to the sec trying to get teams to join them for the 2020 season. maybe b1g, pac12 and acc cancel their seasons and the sec and big12 say "fu, we're playing who wants to join us".
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Ultimately, if you believe in government instead of God, you place your faith in its ability to prevent all ills and provide daily happiness. And, you are willing to abide by its authoritarian whims for the greater good. That is what Godless China is and where the Left is continually driving this country.

Is HJS a no space alias after all this time?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Ultimately, if you believe in government instead of God, you place your faith in its ability to prevent all ills and provide daily happiness. And, you are willing to abide by its authoritarian whims for the greater good. That is what Godless China is and where the Left is continually driving this country.

Is HJS a no space alias after all this time?

That HJS message made me question lots of things...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium