2020 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:29 pm

JF has his work cut out for him. The D & QB position are dumsterfires. Grossel is not an ACC QB and AB is only effective when he is able & willing to run.
The shitty recruiting really showed on D this year. JF is going to need to bring in at least 4 transfers.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:54 pm

I don’t disagree with you at QB and D, but I’d caution people not to overreact to a meaningless bowl game where BC was missing a ton of players.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16598
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -256

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:56 pm

eepstein0 wrote:I don’t disagree with you at QB and D, but I’d caution people not to overreact to a meaningless bowl game where BC was missing a ton of players.


Agree for the most part although I think Hafley can shore up the defense with better coaching... A QB transfer is an absolute necessity though.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16009
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 310

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Based on the way Meter and Cronan were talking, I assume Austin Burton is transferring to BC.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3611
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:13 am
Karma: 611

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:12 pm

ATLeagle wrote:Based on the way Meter and Cronan were talking, I assume Austin Burton is transferring to BC.


That was some speculative shit, I heard it in the car on the way home. Those two are not locked in with Steve Burton, lol.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31564
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2472

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 pm

That said, god I hope they are correct.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31564
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2472

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Logitano on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:52 am

ATLeagle wrote:Based on the way Meter and Cronan were talking, I assume Austin Burton is transferring to BC.


He is not in the transfer portal and their season has been over for a very long time. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 966

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:53 am

Logitano wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:Based on the way Meter and Cronan were talking, I assume Austin Burton is transferring to BC.


He is not in the transfer portal and their season has been over for a very long time. :ace


They definitely said he was in the transfer portal.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31564
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2472

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Logitano on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:59 am

twballgame9 wrote:
Logitano wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:Based on the way Meter and Cronan were talking, I assume Austin Burton is transferring to BC.


He is not in the transfer portal and their season has been over for a very long time. :ace


They definitely said he was in the transfer portal.


He is not listed in the 2020 UCLA transfer portal.

He uses twitter and no mention of him leaving UCLA is on there.

Perhaps he is waiting for BC to make their coaching announcements? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 966

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:28 am

Austin has only been there 2.5 years so I don't know how close he is to graduation. He may have to do another semester plus.

One thing I found interesting is that when Steve Burton did a quick piece on the Jeff Hafley hire, including a brief interview, Steve twice mentioned that it was a "great hire." It may not mean anything, but it didn't seem like something he would normally say if his son weren't at least considering BC.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4196
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 161

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:29 am

Logitano wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Logitano wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:Based on the way Meter and Cronan were talking, I assume Austin Burton is transferring to BC.


He is not in the transfer portal and their season has been over for a very long time. :ace


They definitely said he was in the transfer portal.


He is not listed in the 2020 UCLA transfer portal.

He uses twitter and no mention of him leaving UCLA is on there.

Perhaps he is waiting for BC to make their coaching announcements? :ace


I didnt mean to imply those 2 idiots were right. Just that they said it and I heard what ATL heard.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31564
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2472

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:42 am

twballgame9 wrote:
Logitano wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Logitano wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:Based on the way Meter and Cronan were talking, I assume Austin Burton is transferring to BC.


He is not in the transfer portal and their season has been over for a very long time. :ace


They definitely said he was in the transfer portal.


He is not listed in the 2020 UCLA transfer portal.

He uses twitter and no mention of him leaving UCLA is on there.

Perhaps he is waiting for BC to make their coaching announcements? :ace


I didnt mean to imply those 2 idiots were right. Just that they said it and I heard what ATL heard.


His father was at the Hafley introduction thing.
How long has Meter been doing BC radio? He is brutal!
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:01 am

247 has predicted tarik will end up here, not surprising
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18471
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3123

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BC923 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:08 am

Really great point by Hafley about how being DC at OSU with superior talent taught him what offenses are harder to defend even with a talent deficit in that interview. So happy to not hear something about how winning football starts with running the ball and defending the run.
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 430

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby mod6A on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:14 am

is it to early to say 10 and 2 ? *


*asking for a friend


:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
User avatar
mod6A
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3092
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 am
Karma: 425

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:18 am

BC923 wrote:Really great point by Hafley about how being DC at OSU with superior talent taught him what offenses are harder to defend even with a talent deficit in that interview. So happy to not hear something about how winning football starts with running the ball and defending the run.


Crack the rock?
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:51 pm

BC923 wrote:Really great point by Hafley about how being DC at OSU with superior talent taught him what offenses are harder to defend even with a talent deficit in that interview. So happy to not hear something about how winning football starts with running the ball and defending the run.


This.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -215

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:12 pm

hansen wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:I don’t disagree with you at QB and D, but I’d caution people not to overreact to a meaningless bowl game where BC was missing a ton of players.


Agree for the most part although I think Hafley can shore up the defense with better coaching...


I hope he can but I think we need new talent (transfers) at SS/FS and DL.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
hansen wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:I don’t disagree with you at QB and D, but I’d caution people not to overreact to a meaningless bowl game where BC was missing a ton of players.


Agree for the most part although I think Hafley can shore up the defense with better coaching...


I hope he can but I think we need new talent (transfers) at SS/FS and DL.


two DL, please and thank you. it all starts up front.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16009
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 310

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eagletx on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:13 pm

eepstein0 wrote:I don’t disagree with you at QB and D, but I’d caution people not to overreact to a meaningless bowl game where BC was missing a ton of players.


All bowl games are essentially meaningless. But this situation, with an interim coach and nothing to lose was pretty awful. There was no reason not to let it all hang out in that meaningless game, no reason why Gunnell couldn't just go crazy and have fun calling a game with no holds barred. The fact that there was absolutely no effort from coaches or players in that game was like a testament to how weak the talent and cohesiveness on this team, that showed throughout the season, all thanks to Addazio. Certainly Gunnell didn't do himself any favors in regards to his future consideration.
eagletx
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm
Karma: -220

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:16 pm

Kobay is in the transfer portal, not sure if he graduated
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18471
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3123

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Evan Stewart ended up at URI. Orig Rutgers seemed like no brainer, weird landing spot for him, he had a lot of good offers out of HS
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:35 pm

claver2010 wrote:Kobay is in the transfer portal, not sure if he graduated


That’s not good. He’s the only useful WR on this team
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16598
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -256

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby hansen on Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:04 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:Kobay is in the transfer portal, not sure if he graduated


That’s not good. He’s the only useful WR on this team


This
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16009
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 310

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby eagle33 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:32 pm

sucks about kobay

zay played well as a true frosh
eagle33
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: -73

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:23 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:Kobay is in the transfer portal, not sure if he graduated


That’s not good. He’s the only useful WR on this team


Why enter the portal now, when you don't know who the OC and WR coach will be? Maybe he's thinking it will be a difficult transition?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 66

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:29 pm

Maybe he is covering his bases like AB. Whatever. I want guys that want to be at BC.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Karma: 66

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Eagle1999 wrote:Maybe he is covering his bases like AB. Whatever. I want guys that want to be at BC.


Jesus Christ. I want good football players. Guys that want to be at BC should stick to the Patriot League.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31564
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2472

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby Eagle1999 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:35 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
Eagle1999 wrote:Maybe he is covering his bases like AB. Whatever. I want guys that want to be at BC.


Jesus Christ. I want good football players. Guys that want to be at BC should stick to the Patriot League.


I think you’re looking for something in my post that isn’t there. Kobay is a decent WR. Belongs on an ACC field. If he doesn’t want to play for BC anymore, then I don’t want him here. That doesn’t mean I want 11 ISL guys with no other offers suiting up in maroon and gold. Now chill the fuck out.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Karma: 66

Re: 2020 BC Football

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Eagle1999 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Eagle1999 wrote:Maybe he is covering his bases like AB. Whatever. I want guys that want to be at BC.


Jesus Christ. I want good football players. Guys that want to be at BC should stick to the Patriot League.


I think you’re looking for something in my post that isn’t there. Kobay is a decent WR. Belongs on an ACC field. If he doesn’t want to play for BC anymore, then I don’t want him here. That doesn’t mean I want 11 ISL guys with no other offers suiting up in maroon and gold. Now chill the fuck out.


Nope I read "Holy Cross" inyour post and that's accurate. I want Kobay here and alumni like you the fuck out.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31564
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2472

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

Untitled document