Assistant Coaches-Hafley

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Assistant Coaches-Hafley

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Both may be good, I think its likely we know the ceiling with Cignetti because he's coached a lot and I don't think it's that high, but he might be fine. The DC is a wildcard with some reasons to be optimistic. The legitimate reason to be discontented right now is that we know - or pretty sure at least - is that we dropped out of the hunt for our first choice DC over $$. It may end up being a good decision, time will tell, but since we don't have that information yet it's not great.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:09 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Cliches being cliche mocking cliches. Only at EO.

Your addition of the third (or fourth?) level is appreciated.

I'm glad you picked up on that.

Does Hansen still post "this" a lot?

The problem with EO is recruiting

Nothing else matters but recruiting. NOTHING.

As long as we hire a staff that wastes time on activities like running practices, watching film, designing game plans, we will still be the same old BC. Is that what you want, Teddy? I want us to win. Which is why I want coaches that can RECRUIT.

:toby was not going to be fired at BC. Not unless he stopped putting in the effort. Which he didn't.

We have had 4 head coaches from 1997->Nov of 2019
  • One coach quit because he said it was too much effort (too many days away from his family) to scour the country to find quality players that he knew he needed to win. The job at BC was too much effort and not enough pay
  • One coach was fired because he was given an interview for an NFL head coaching job because he was able to win so many games thanks almost entirely to the talent the last coach left him when that guy quit
  • The other two coaches were fired because they couldn't recruit anyone, couldn't "close" the super-athletes that didn't really want to play for BC

Do you see a pattern here? You better. We have 22+ years of data and evidence to support my argument. Fuck every other argument. I don't give a damn how many of Spaz's or Addazio's recruits went into the NFL if almost all of them "retire" from the NFL after a year or two. Ryan hasn't retired.

As far as Hafley goes, I only care about sales. I have lowered the bar all the way down to sales. That's it. Sell, and let the players just win by out-athleting everyone else. That is all I am looking for at this moment.

I'm with you. I don't care how good a coach is at Xs and Os. I don't want them even thinking about Xs and Os. I don't even care if the coaches are on the sideline during games. I need them to be recruiting, even during our games. Better recruiting is the only thing that matters - because better recruiting solves every other problem! Xs and Os don't matter if you can't recruit. What good is the perfect game plan if your players can't execute it anyway? Once we have a roster of highly-ranked athletes, we can worry about game plans. Until then, RECRUIT!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:15 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Cliches being cliche mocking cliches. Only at EO.

Your addition of the third (or fourth?) level is appreciated.

I'm glad you picked up on that.

Does Hansen still post "this" a lot?

The problem with EO is recruiting

Nothing else matters but recruiting. NOTHING.

As long as we hire a staff that wastes time on activities like running practices, watching film, designing game plans, we will still be the same old BC. Is that what you want, Teddy? I want us to win. Which is why I want coaches that can RECRUIT.

:toby was not going to be fired at BC. Not unless he stopped putting in the effort. Which he didn't.

We have had 4 head coaches from 1997->Nov of 2019
  • One coach quit because he said it was too much effort (too many days away from his family) to scour the country to find quality players that he knew he needed to win. The job at BC was too much effort and not enough pay
  • One coach was fired because he was given an interview for an NFL head coaching job because he was able to win so many games thanks almost entirely to the talent the last coach left him when that guy quit
  • The other two coaches were fired because they couldn't recruit anyone, couldn't "close" the super-athletes that didn't really want to play for BC

Do you see a pattern here? You better. We have 22+ years of data and evidence to support my argument. Fuck every other argument. I don't give a damn how many of Spaz's or Addazio's recruits went into the NFL if almost all of them "retire" from the NFL after a year or two. Ryan hasn't retired.

As far as Hafley goes, I only care about sales. I have lowered the bar all the way down to sales. That's it. Sell, and let the players just win by out-athleting everyone else. That is all I am looking for at this moment.

I'm with you.

Good. And yes, recruiting does fix everything.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:19 pm

is he our first black coordinator?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Nope, it doesnt get old. Keep on no spacing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:30 pm

Only half seriously, Lukabu better not whiff on the next Kiwanuka. Build that fence around sub-Sahara Africa!
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:48 pm

I was thrilled with the Hafley hire. BC seemed to pull its head out of its ass and got the up and coming coordinator from a top program. Now and I numb. The coordinators are so uninspiring. I keep hoping it’s a joke.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:02 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Both may be good, I think its likely we know the ceiling with Cignetti because he's coached a lot and I don't think it's that high, but he might be fine. The DC is a wildcard with some reasons to be optimistic. The legitimate reason to be discontented right now is that we know - or pretty sure at least - is that we dropped out of the hunt for our first choice DC over $$. It may end up being a good decision, time will tell, but since we don't have that information yet it's not great.

We have a good budget for coordinators. I haven't heard anything but doubt it came down to money. Turner had a chance to stay in the NFL with a guy he has worked for vs coming back to college. No brainer decision for him.

Re: Campanile. No idea if he was the first choice. But don't think this was about money. He left BC for a step back position wise to get away from Addazio. He hasn't made up his mind on next step, but if he leaves Michigan and goes to Rutgers it won't be about money or title. Because he will be Co-coordinator at best at Rutgers with Greg calling the D and there is no way Michigan is losing him to RU over money. You can say BC is cheap, but Michigan's shoe deal alone is probably bigger than Schiano's assistant budget.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:11 pm

This is depressing and shocking. Even though Addazio was basically a lame duck the last couple of years, Loeffler landed a head coaching job and Bajakian got another OC job at Northwestern. Based on that, and with a trendy new coach, this opportunity would seem to be appealing for someone looking for an OC job.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:14 pm

It appears that today may be a sad day. Some of the people on this board who 'got in' appear to be 'getting out.'

Lets give these guys a chance guys. Everyone deserves a chance.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:16 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Re: Campanile. No idea if he was the first choice. But don't think this was about money. He left BC for a step back position wise to get away from Addazio. He hasn't made up his mind on next step, but if he leaves Michigan and goes to Rutgers it won't be about money or title. Because he will be Co-coordinator at best at Rutgers with Greg calling the D and there is no way Michigan is losing him to RU over money. You can say BC is cheap, but Michigan's shoe deal alone is probably bigger than Schiano's assistant budget.

Would Michigan be willing to pay him $1mm to retain him? I know they can... but do they think he’s worth that much?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:18 pm

The idea that any one here knows enough about any of these guys to be dissatisfied is laugh out loud hilarious.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The idea that any one here knows enough about any of these guys to be dissatisfied is laugh out loud hilarious.

I admittedly know nothing about Cignetti, but he was unemployed in 2019 and has evidently lost his job on several occasions. Not very inspiring.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Re: Campanile. No idea if he was the first choice. But don't think this was about money. He left BC for a step back position wise to get away from Addazio. He hasn't made up his mind on next step, but if he leaves Michigan and goes to Rutgers it won't be about money or title. Because he will be Co-coordinator at best at Rutgers with Greg calling the D and there is no way Michigan is losing him to RU over money. You can say BC is cheap, but Michigan's shoe deal alone is probably bigger than Schiano's assistant budget.

Would Michigan be willing to pay him $1mm to retain him? I know they can... but do they think he’s worth that much?

that's a question for don brown.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:35 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Both may be good, I think its likely we know the ceiling with Cignetti because he's coached a lot and I don't think it's that high, but he might be fine. The DC is a wildcard with some reasons to be optimistic. The legitimate reason to be discontented right now is that we know - or pretty sure at least - is that we dropped out of the hunt for our first choice DC over $$. It may end up being a good decision, time will tell, but since we don't have that information yet it's not great.

We have a good budget for coordinators. I haven't heard anything but doubt it came down to money. Turner had a chance to stay in the NFL with a guy he has worked for vs coming back to college. No brainer decision for him.

Re: Campanile. No idea if he was the first choice. But don't think this was about money. He left BC for a step back position wise to get away from Addazio. He hasn't made up his mind on next step, but if he leaves Michigan and goes to Rutgers it won't be about money or title. Because he will be Co-coordinator at best at Rutgers with Greg calling the D and there is no way Michigan is losing him to RU over money. You can say BC is cheap, but Michigan's shoe deal alone is probably bigger than Schiano's assistant budget.

It was about money.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Hadley clearly is going with guys he worked with at length and who he trusts to coordinate.

I’m not inspired by the names, I can at least understand what he’s doing.

I still think he alone will provide a step up in recruiting, especially on the defense.

As for Cignetti, he was apparently in McCarthy’s year off football think tank. Have to think he would have had a strong shot at a job on the Cowboys staff.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:51 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

It was about money.

Prove it.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:04 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

It was about money.

Prove it.

this

if hafley and jarmond wanted campanile that badly jarmond would have made it happen if it was about money.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:19 pm

Allegedly Campanile's salary was 400k just to be Michigin LB coach.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The idea that any one here knows enough about any of these guys to be dissatisfied is laugh out loud hilarious.

It’s the above.

If you wanted the known commodity, we should’ve stuck with Daz or signed Schiano. MJ picked the unknown.

I’ll remind everyone Steve Donahue was an A+ hire until he recruited an entire team of guys who have my physique.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:25 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

It was about money.

Prove it.

No. Please feel free to believe the hjseagle.com fan fiction if you like.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:39 pm

Is there an unwritten rule that BC has to always answer excitement around their sports teams while cripplingly despressing moves?

Matt Ryan years > Fire Jags/Hire Spaz
Build and indoor practice facility > Extend Steve Addazio
Hire the best assistant coach available > Hire the cheapest, unimpressive assistants

And on we go. More lows than a crackhead having withdrawals.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It’s the above.

If you wanted the known commodity, we should’ve stuck with Daz or signed Schiano. MJ picked the unknown.

I’ll remind everyone Steve Donahue was an A+ hire until he recruited an entire team of guys who have my physique.

He couldn't sell either.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:46 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

It was about money.

Campanile wanted away from Daz. But regardless of the BC aspect, if he leaves Michigan in a lateral love to RU, do you think it was about the money?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:49 pm

I was told by someone I trust that Camp was a money/autonomy issue. Camp needed a little extra cash to accept a DC position where the HC was going to have significant input. Rutgers will give him that cash, BC thought it could do just as well with the King of Africa Part Deux.

Frankly, I am not disappointed. Greaseballs ruined this program and I am not interested in letting them dominate positions of significant authority. And the fact that Camp decided to follow my old pal Duchie on Instaface or whatever, doesn’t change that fact. Dude might just have a fetish for pictures of overweight girls of the NESCAC or whatever it is that Duchie posts on that particular platform. Cignetti is the token greaseball. That is enough. Wish we had done better, but the guy has NFL experience which goes a long way with the low IQ kids that make up the vast majority of high school football players. If you don’t believe me look at the fucking retards who talk about their excitement at the prospect of working with a Lane Kiffin or the like. If Cignetti is full of shit and willing to sell that shit to the rube recruits, he’ll do just fine.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:24 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I was told by someone I trust that Camp was a money/autonomy issue. Camp needed a little extra cash to accept a DC position where the HC was going to have significant input. Rutgers will give him that cash, BC thought it could do just as well with the King of Africa Part Deux.

Frankly, I am not disappointed. Greaseballs ruined this program and I am not interested in letting them dominate positions of significant authority. And the fact that Camp decided to follow my old pal Duchie on Instaface or whatever, doesn’t change that fact. Dude might just have a fetish for pictures of overweight girls of the NESCAC or whatever it is that Duchie posts on that particular platform. Cignetti is the token greaseball. That is enough. Wish we had done better, but the guy has NFL experience which goes a long way with the low IQ kids that make up the vast majority of high school football players. If you don’t believe me look at the fucking retards who talk about their excitement at the prospect of working with a Lane Kiffin or the like. If Cignetti is full of shit and willing to sell that shit to the rube recruits, he’ll do just fine.

Ugh. More of this racist schtick from Mr. Rosenthal...
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:28 pm

I'm not quite sure how anyone can look at this guys career as an OC and not want to stab themselves in the eyes with a pair of forks.

eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I was told by someone I trust that Camp was a money/autonomy issue. Camp needed a little extra cash to accept a DC position where the HC was going to have significant input. Rutgers will give him that cash, BC thought it could do just as well with the King of Africa Part Deux.

Che scugnizz, non si capisce ma come cazzo parlate
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:42 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Ugh. More of this racist schtick from Mr. Rosenthal...

Sorry, not sorry you’re offended, Mustache Pete.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Anyone have any idea how lukabo is supposed to have been as a recruiter when he was in college?
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium