9am press conference

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

9am press conference

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:52 am

I hope we can rely on hansen to post the video feed when he resurfaces from whatever he's doing down in his basement.

TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Re: 9am press conference

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:59 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:I hope we can rely on hansen to post the video feed when he resurfaces from whatever he's doing down in his basement.

PUT THE LOTION IN THE BASKET!!!

It’s going to be on ACC network at 9am.
You can listen live via this link http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?s=espn or via the twitter machine @bcfootball.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:01 am

LETS GOOOOOOOO

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:03 am

full house
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:09 am

jesuit values, should be free spot in press conf bingo
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:19 am

You win with people... players the coaches. Facilities and everything else are nice but they are not y that important.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:50 am

Both MJ and Hafley were open, honest, communicative (but not overly so - gave concise answers to the press questions), genuine, excited. He said a lot of stuff I personally liked (esp about having a chip on your shoulder and aching for an opportunity, taking the time to do it the right way) and it came off as "prepared but not canned or prepackaged". I can't recollect one moment of stupid forehead-slapping bullshit in there.

Crazy in a good way to see people with ambition, ideas, and energy operating the most important positions of our athletic department. All ramped up for this to get going and interested to see the staff.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:10 am

It sure sounds like the staff assembly will be a 2020 priority.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:39 am

HJS {l Wrote}:It sure sounds like the staff assembly will be a 2020 priority.

when will Dooder tell us who is officially on board as assts?

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:59 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Both MJ and Hafley were open, honest, communicative (but not overly so - gave concise answers to the press questions), genuine, excited. He said a lot of stuff I personally liked (esp about having a chip on your shoulder and aching for an opportunity, taking the time to do it the right way) and it came off as "prepared but not canned or prepackaged". I can't recollect one moment of stupid forehead-slapping bullshit in there.

Crazy in a good way to see people with ambition, ideas, and energy operating the most important positions of our athletic department. All ramped up for this to get going and interested to see the staff.

This. He said all the right things but his words and emotions were honest and believable. Daz tried to say the right things but you always knew he was full of shit. I feel somewhat like I did when Jags was brought on board but I get the sense that Hafley is actually intelligent, understands X's and O's, and wants to put in a TON of work.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:11 am

Interesting that Matt Hass (who was there) was one of the 3 people that MJ recognized as helping him with the process.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:11 am

It would've been nice to hear him say, 'hey I called some commits y'day' or, 'yes, I in fact know of this Anthony who entered the portal you mention.'
Parroted MJ's search talking points too much (top 25 program, compete, special moments).

Overall, very likeable, tho. Glad to hear Ryan day says nice things about BC
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:26 am

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:

It would've been nice to hear him say, 'hey I called some commits y'day' or, 'yes, I in fact know of this Anthony who entered the portal you mention.'
Parroted MJ's search talking points too much (top 25 program, compete, special moments).

it would have been a recruiting violation to contact recruits over the phone yesterday.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:28 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:This. He said all the right things but his words and emotions were honest and believable. Daz tried to say the right things but you always knew he was full of shit. I feel somewhat like I did when Jags was brought on board but I get the sense that Hafley is actually intelligent, understands X's and O's, and wants to put in a TON of work.

Have the Massachusetts Dental Hygienists Union weighed in on the hire yet?

Also re: staff in 2020 - that sounds like the case, although I have to think he's got informal inquiries out now. Also, if MJ went back to the well to meet demands, it may make the jobs more attractive when the time comes to hire. Given where things are starting from, going to take some more spinning wheels in the mud before the jeep's out.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:33 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:This. He said all the right things but his words and emotions were honest and believable. Daz tried to say the right things but you always knew he was full of shit. I feel somewhat like I did when Jags was brought on board but I get the sense that Hafley is actually intelligent, understands X's and O's, and wants to put in a TON of work.

Have the Massachusetts Dental Hygienists Union weighed in on the hire yet?

Also re: staff in 2020 - that sounds like the case, although I have to think he's got informal inquiries out now. Also, if MJ went back to the well to meet demands, it may make the jobs more attractive when the time comes to hire. Given where things are starting from, going to take some more spinning wheels in the mud before the jeep's out.

Sounds like people are already calling him to get a job. I don't think he will have a big problem filling a staff and there is no big deal if it's a 2020 issue anyway. first signing period is Wednesday followed by a month of so where coaches can't contact recruits. and even if it wasn't a no contact period, we already have a staff to do shit like that anyway.

long story short, anybody who is remotely bitching about the 2020 thing can go fuck themselves because it's a non issue. kthxbye

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:58 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:

it would have been a recruiting violation to contact recruits over the phone yesterday.

I meant Saturday (my week's gotten off to a slow start) - wasn't that the last day? Anyway, just mild sour grapes. No one's gonna out do Coughlin's pronouncement he was going to win a national championship.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Coughlin meeting the team the 1st time was "an experience", from what I gather. Gotta wonder how Hafley introduced himself to the team.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:03 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:

I meant Saturday (my week's gotten off to a slow start) - wasn't that the last day? Anyway, just mild sour grapes. No one's gonna out do Coughlin's pronouncement he was going to win a national championship.

He’s talked to most if not all of the commits over the phone fwiw.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Jeff Hafley {l Wrote}:Get in.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:13 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

I think he mentioned the students first during the "Get In" portion of the speech. Whatever they can do to change the culture on campus is much needed. The large amount of halftime departures are embarrassing and must be a bit demoralizing for the team.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:43 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I think he mentioned the students first during the "Get In" portion of the speech. Whatever they can do to change the culture on campus is much needed. The large amount of halftime departures are embarrassing and must be a bit demoralizing for the team.

Considering how Addazio-coached teams performed in the second half of games compared to the first half of games, maybe it shows that BC has bright students who don’t want to have their time wasted.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:50 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

To the students then, Stay in.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:57 am

Got to listen to the PC this AM. Good stuff. I like how Hafley went out of his way to name drop all the NFLers who still stay in touch w him.

Excited for this hire
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium