Bye Week Distraction Part Deux

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bye Week Distraction Part Deux

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:57 pm

Your protest was lodged in time but without a prior post nor a throwing of the :whiteflag. Plus, Tchuk is listed as being born in Melrose and I was present at the birth because my brother was a Doctor at Melrose Memorial. Mosi is taller than 5'5 which is the cut-off for diminutive. Haley can't hold a candle stick to Romo. AC is the NEW TRIVIA KING. HAIL TO SAINT WANG, THE KING OF TRIVIA, Campion is in the twilight of his career. Let's let him fade gracefully into the background like Joe Pa. You need to study harder and quit swabbing the sticky stuff. :81 :81 :whiteflag :whiteflag :bag :skank :boxer :banana :spaz3 :flagus :elephant :cheer :chewbanka :suicide :gun :violin :popcorn :pickle :pontif :spaz2 :pepper2 :banana :skank
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:58 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:With the permission of 81, I can fix this.

Please do.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:00 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I just tried again. Are the instructions correct? Copy url to sig., highlight it, hit img, hit submit. That's what I have done several times. Me thinks you are jerking 81 and this is not the way to do it.

For some reason your image is being posted as
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008 ... unburn.jpg

How did you do that?

No clue. I just followed Wangs instructions like I said.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:14 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:Your protest was lodged in time but without a prior post nor a throwing of the :whiteflag. Plus, Tchuk is listed as being born in Melrose and I was present at the birth because my brother was a Doctor at Melrose Memorial. Mosi is taller than 5'5 which is the cut-off for diminutive. Haley can't hold a candle stick to Romo. AC is the NEW TRIVIA KING. HAIL TO SAINT WANG, THE KING OF TRIVIA, Campion is in the twilight of his career. Let's let him fade gracefully into the background like Joe Pa. You need to study harder and quit swabbing the sticky stuff. :81 :81 :whiteflag :whiteflag :bag :skank :boxer :banana :spaz3 :flagus :elephant :cheer :chewbanka :suicide :gun :violin :popcorn :pickle :pontif :spaz2 :pepper2 :banana :skank

You know that I won fair and square, 81. Why do I have to embarrass you every week until you admit that I won? Face it--- you forgot about Tkachuk, you forgot Tatupu, and you didn't know Charles Haley.

Mosi mostly played special teams until 1983-84. Sam "the Bam" was gone by 1982 when Mosi started to actually play RB more than special teams. Mack Herron started as Sam "The Bams" running mate during Sam's prime in the late 70's. Mack was 5'5 and Mosi was 6'0--not diminutive. Tkchuk was born in Melrose-Period. Charles Haley played BOTH DE and linebacker. I said linebacker. Game. Set. Match. Now bow to the new King Wang and pay homage to his greatness.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:29 pm

I will give Campion one point for bringing up obscure but interesting information. Plus, his protestations are hurting my ears. Enough already.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:43 pm

campion {l Wrote}:You are a sore sport, 81, who can't stand the fact that I own you. Fine. If you do not reverse your asinine position by sunrise I will never participate in any of your nonsense again, 81, and I guarantee that I will make your existence on this board so miserable that by Thanksgiving you will never post here again.

You got that?

I'm done. You run the Trivia contest from now on.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:46 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:You are a sore sport, 81, who can't stand the fact that I own you. Fine. If you do not reverse your asinine position by sunrise I will never participate in any of your nonsense again, 81, and I guarantee that I will make your existence on this board so miserable that by Thanksgiving you will never post here again.

You got that?

Do I get my 2 points?

You are running it. Award yourself 11ty billion internet points.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:58 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

You got that?

Do I get my 2 points?

You are running it. Award yourself 11ty billion internet points.

No. I want one of those fancy charts that you make up that lists how much everyone has. I want to see "Campion: 8.0" at the top. You make those so good. Please make one of those fancy charts before you quit?

I have already moved on like a jilted lover. Cut and paste the chart and award yourself 11ty billion points if you want.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:06 am

Actually, I'll come to 81's defense (for once) and say I find these trivia contests entertaining, if for no other reason than the inevitable arguing which follows. :popcorn
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:Hmmm...

1981Eagle wrote:1. The locally-born outfielder for the late 1960’s Red Sox who was beaned by a ball and seriously hurt. Name the player and his place of birth. Also, name the pitcher who threw the beanball and his team.
Tony Conigliaro, Revere, Jack Hamilton, California Angels
2. Name two Boston-related American born hockey players to have scored more than 500 goals in the NHL. Hint: One born in Boston and one went to BC.
Jeremy Roenick & Joe Mullen
3. Name the diminutive running mate to Sam “The Bam” Cunningham that played for
the Pats?
Mack Herron

4. Name the famous equestrian and ringmaster born in Brookline that ran the National
Horse Show at MSG?
Hint His nickname is the same as a former Mayor of Boston and member of the
Fitzgerald/Kennedy clan. His last name when added to his
nickname makes him sound like a “Bond” girl.
Clarence "Honey" Craven

5. What fighter gave Brockton’s Marvelous Marvin Hagler his long-awaited shot at
the Middleweight title? Who won the fight?
Vito Antuofermo, draw

6. Who was “The Springfield Rifle” and where did he play his college basketball?
Travis Best, GT
7. Who was the first BC hockey player to score 20 goals in a season?
Bill Flynn. John Pryor did it as well in '38-'39

8. Name the only linebacker in history to start in 5 Super Bowls.
Bill Romanowski

9. Name the Division 3 Plymouth State N.H. star halfback that received votes for the
Heisman Trophy in the mid 1980’s?
Joe Dudek
10. What was the result of Larry Birds first shot attempt in the regular season as a
Celtic? Pick One: 2 points, 3 points, missed off backboard/rim, air ball.
Martha Rae's cleavage

I have changed my answer for the Larry Bird question. I have heard from a very reliable source that my answer is now correct. If you do not accept this answer, campion shall be the winner.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:15 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Actually, I'll come to 81's defense (for once) and say I find these trivia contests entertaining, if for no other reason than the inevitable arguing which follows. :popcorn

Campion continus to make his case but he has yet to provide sufficient evidence to support his protest. Roenick was born in Boston, Tkchuk was born in Melrose. Mosi is 6^'0 so an average to slightly undersized RB but certainly not "diminutive" which is the key word since Mack Herron was only 5'5. As a New England Sports quiz, Romo is the only linebacker that has a New England connection (played for BC) and has started in 5 Super Bowls. AC is still the Champ. If Campion has evidence suggesting his answers are correct and 81's are wrong then present it in a post on this board for all to see. As Supreme Court Justice Brandeis once said "Sunlight is the best disinfectant". If there is evidence to support Campion then please anyone bring it forward and I will be happy to admit a mistake. Otherwise, STFU. 81 wins.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
2. Name two Boston-related American born hockey players to have scored more than 500 goals in the NHL. Hint: One born in Boston and one went to BC.

This hint is misleading since both the answers you wanted went to BC (for a few days, at least). Also, Tkachuk went to BU, so he's got to be considered a "Boston-related" player.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:

This hint is misleading since both the answers you wanted went to BC (for a few days, at least). Also, Tkachuk went to BU, so he's got to be considered a "Boston-related" player.

Yes, I do put some suttle tricks in the questions. I'm certainly not looking for a Roenick (went to BC) and Roenick (born in Boston) answer so you know they have to be mutually exclusive individuals.
Tkchuk neither went to BC nor was born in Boston so he does not fit EITHER hint. Therefore, only Mullen and Roenick fit the question/hints. Same with the Hagler fight. I asked who won implying there was a winner when the fight was a draw. I will put some tricks in there that you need to pay attention to.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 am

can we just have a flat out winner for once? all this bickering over minutiae bores me. you'd think you were all a bunch of lawyers or something. :roll:
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:58 am

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:09 am

hansen {l Wrote}:can we just have a flat out winner for once? all this bickering over minutiae bores me. you'd think you were all a bunch of lawyers or something. :roll:

AC is the winner.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium