Hafley to BC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Hafley to BC

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:03 pm

Jeff Hafley's introductory press conference was held on Dec 16, 2019. On that day, Hafley said:

I got a chance to be with the team today, and I told them why I wanted to be here. I looked at them in this room and I said, this is a very special place. It has Catholic and Jesuit values that are very important for my family -- men and women for others, service, humbleness. It's a special place.

Since that day, as far as I can tell, Hafley has never again mentioned God, Catholicism, faith, or opposition to abortion. What's the deal?

IT HAS BEEN 605 DAYS SINCE THE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH AT BOSTON COLLEGE MENTIONED GOD
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Lt. Dingleberry on Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:12 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Jeff Hafley's introductory press conference was held on Dec 16, 2019. On that day, Hafley said:

I got a chance to be with the team today, and I told them why I wanted to be here. I looked at them in this room and I said, this is a very special place. It has Catholic and Jesuit values that are very important for my family -- men and women for others, service, humbleness. It's a special place.

Since that day, as far as I can tell, Hafley has never again mentioned God, Catholicism, faith, or opposition to abortion. What's the deal?

IT HAS BEEN 605 DAYS SINCE THE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH AT BOSTON COLLEGE MENTIONED GOD

He’s a football coach, not a priest. Get over it.
Lt. Dingleberry
n00b

Postby angrychicken on Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:17 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Jeff Hafley's introductory press conference was held on Dec 16, 2019. On that day, Hafley said:

Jesus Christ
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:09 am

:lol: Sorry, I get a real kick out of Funishment's gag. What a hoot!
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:28 am

Lt. Dingleberry {l Wrote}:

He’s a football coach, not a priest. Get over it.

You should make him do a 10 mile run when he gets back to the barracks.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:34 am

Although he is not Catholic, I have a feeling Grant will mention God more than any recent BC coach.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:09 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Although he is not Catholic, I have a feeling Grant will mention God more than any recent BC coach.

Do you know what denomination he is?

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17858&p=549081#p549081
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:11 pm

coaches read these posts, people. let's step it up a notch
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:09 pm

Why did I watch 18 minutes of that dreck? Teddy watches Packer and Durham religiously, he should have reported back. Coach Haf-time Speech said "God Willing" once but it wasn't in any sort of Catholic context. Doesn't count.

IT HAS BEEN 623 DAYS SINCE THE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH AT BOSTON COLLEGE MENTIONED GOD

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:52 pm

I've actually never seen Packer and Durham, but this is one of your better bits. We applaud even slight improvement.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:50 pm

There was a rumor at the time that Hafley was not MJ's first choice. Anything more to this?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:04 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:There was a rumor at the time that Hafley was not MJ's first choice. Anything more to this?

He allegedly had Fr. Leahy meet with two candidates... Jeff Hafley and Clark Lea.

I believe there was something about Luke Fickell expressing interest if he was the only candidate. And, I believe Mike Elko went hard for the job.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:38 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:There was a rumor at the time that Hafley was not MJ's first choice. Anything more to this?

He allegedly had Fr. Leahy meet with two candidates... Jeff Hafley and Clark Lea.

I believe there was something about Luke Fickell expressing interest if he was the only candidate. And, I believe Mike Elko went hard for the job.

I have been told by someone who spoke with him that Elko wanted the job badly. Lea was not very interested—he wanted the Vandy job—his alma mater—and knew he would have it in the bag if he waited a year. MJ always wanted Hafley. Have heard Leahy/BOT preferred Lea, but it became a moot point when Lea made demands he knew BC would never give in on.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:39 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

The Athletic got to travel with MJ for a behind the scenes. Obviously for access they have to sell the BC perspective but Hafley was the first choice. If anything BC and football people felt MJ went too hard at him and didn't look enough at other guys either with BC or Patriot connections. Elko got an early screen but don't think you would consider him a finalist.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:19 pm

This is why MJ didn't want to make any big hires (football & basketball) at BC. No way he gets the 0.0hio St job now. O.0hio St is NOT UCLA
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:This is why MJ didn't want to make any big hires (football & basketball) at BC. No way he gets the 0.0hio St job now. O.0hio St is NOT UCLA

He can still fail upwards plenty of other people do it (see our current AD)
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:59 pm

Hafley has finally made it! #1 on Coaches Hot Seat.

Congrats to Coach Hafley on this Hall of Shame accomplishment. :bag
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium