Anthony Brown Transferring

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Anthony Brown Transferring

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:he graduated and i believe did so early

He has not but may after this semester.

He did. Hear a Big10 school wants him
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:10 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

AB has graduated. He posted something on his twitter machine. Rutgers?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:54 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

AB has graduated. He posted something on his twitter machine. Rutgers?

Doubt RU. Schiano convinced their QB not to transfer (he redshirted immediately after lighting us up). Brown will have options. His numbers were good. He showed flashes. He has all the measurables and is a good person. Someone is going to believe that they can get him to be consistently good.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:00 pm

There is a Mtn West coach who loves grad transfer QBs and also sees a lot in AB.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:02 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:There is a Mtn West coach who loves grad transfer QBs and also sees a lot in AB.

Does said coach like to crack the rock?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Anthony Brown in the Portal

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Also, meatbaum retweets something from Tom Leyden indicating that Brown could just be covering his bases.

Confirmed.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:57 am

anthony is back running.

feldman had an article on him today:

training in atlanta with wake forest's old qb newman under qb trainer quincy avery who has worked with deshaun, haskins, fields etc.

Miami and Georgia are also recruiting Brown, who also is considering a return to Boston College now that the Eagles have a new coaching staff in place. Virginia also is in the mix for Brown too.
Boston College has a new system with new head coach Jeff Hafley coming from Ohio State and bringing in veteran NFL assistant Frank Cignetti. Their arrival has reignited Brown’s interest in a school where he graduated with a double major and is almost halfway through grad school.
The 6-2, 220-pound New Jersey native has thrown 40 touchdowns against 20 INTs in his career and made sizable improvement over his three years starting for the Eagles. In 2019 he completed a career-best 59 percent of his passes and had a 9-to-2 TD-to-INT ratio before suffering a torn left ACL at midseason, his second major knee injury at BC. The one he suffered three years ago was on his right knee, and he says it was more severe because it also involved a bone bruise.

“It is weird,” Brown says, to go through this process with so much uncertainty, “but I feel that even with all of the hindrance of my knee, whatever school decides to take a shot on me, they won’t regret it. Whatever I need to work for, I’m gonna do it.”

As if this process doesn’t have enough uncertainty in it, his recovery from a significant knee injury has probably scared off a few potential suitors. Brown is limited to throwing stationary, although he says he has begun running again. He expects to be back at 100 percent in late April and said he wouldn’t have returned to BC if there hadn’t been a coaching staff, but now it’s quite possible.

“(Hafley) has been great,” Brown says. “He’s been keeping in contact with me nonstop. He’s a great coach and definitely a great recruiter. I talk to him a lot and he’s been on top of it.”
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:08 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:anthony is back running.

feldman had an article on him today:

training in atlanta with wake forest's old qb newman under qb trainer quincy avery who has worked with deshaun, haskins, fields etc.

Miami and Georgia are also recruiting Brown, who also is considering a return to Boston College now that the Eagles have a new coaching staff in place. Virginia also is in the mix for Brown too.
Boston College has a new system with new head coach Jeff Hafley coming from Ohio State and bringing in veteran NFL assistant Frank Cignetti. Their arrival has reignited Brown’s interest in a school where he graduated with a double major and is almost halfway through grad school.
The 6-2, 220-pound New Jersey native has thrown 40 touchdowns against 20 INTs in his career and made sizable improvement over his three years starting for the Eagles. In 2019 he completed a career-best 59 percent of his passes and had a 9-to-2 TD-to-INT ratio before suffering a torn left ACL at midseason, his second major knee injury at BC. The one he suffered three years ago was on his right knee, and he says it was more severe because it also involved a bone bruise.

“It is weird,” Brown says, to go through this process with so much uncertainty, “but I feel that even with all of the hindrance of my knee, whatever school decides to take a shot on me, they won’t regret it. Whatever I need to work for, I’m gonna do it.”

As if this process doesn’t have enough uncertainty in it, his recovery from a significant knee injury has probably scared off a few potential suitors. Brown is limited to throwing stationary, although he says he has begun running again. He expects to be back at 100 percent in late April and said he wouldn’t have returned to BC if there hadn’t been a coaching staff, but now it’s quite possible.

“(Hafley) has been great,” Brown says. “He’s been keeping in contact with me nonstop. He’s a great coach and definitely a great recruiter. I talk to him a lot and he’s been on top of it.”

Interesting that he says he was gone if old staff stayed in place
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:24 am

I'm actually surprised how few kids left under the screaming gym teacher. Dont know whether it was loyalty or Stockholm Syndrome or just smart kids that wanted to be at BC, but I dont remember a huge number of relevant guys leaving.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 pm

I think Brown is terrible but I hope he stays. Better than plans B and C. Don't want some grad transfer for a year. Would rather kill that year with a guy who actually cares about BC. Brown stinks, but the locker room likes him. He could do a ton of good for the young guys by buying in and helping the transition. And again, plans B and C stink worse or are totally unknown in the case of a grad transfer (which usually stink or they'd still have gigs - spare me the Jalen Hurt expamples. 95% of grad transfers stink.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:37 pm

the qb anthony was competing with for time last season at oregon transferred, appears he'll go into spring as starter

playing @ ohio state week 2
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the qb anthony was competing with for time last season at oregon transferred, appears he'll go into spring as starter

Sure but Oregon signed a 5 Star QB from Arizona.
5 star QB don't sit for long unless the starter turns into Mac Jones.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/ty-thompson-237486#school-interests
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:19 am

basselope {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:the qb anthony was competing with for time last season at oregon transferred, appears he'll go into spring as starter

They also had two 4-star recruits who redshirted last year as freshmen.

https://247sports.com/player/robby-ashford-46043143/
https://247sports.com/player/jay-butterfield-46047108/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:46 am

basselope {l Wrote}:

Remember when that 5 star QB visited BC when Daz was coach?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:

Remember when that 5 star QB visited BC when Daz was coach?

Nope
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:09 pm

ab getting all of the first team snaps this spring at o

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-brown-taking-reps-first-195516870.html
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:12 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Grosel is better than non-mobile Brown. Looking forward to a calm and reasoned discussion on the matter.

no

This is purely about the football player (heard he is a great guy).

He is an atrocious QB and I’d prefer Grosel. They both stink

I always love going back and reading comments about how you can’t win anything with AB as your QB. Glad he found a program willing to compete for a playoff spot.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:21 am

you'd have more fun talking about AB on addictedtoquack, wouldn't you?
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:29 am

I’d have more fun talking about how the fucking stars magically aligned for BC to win the ACC. Instead, we have Grosel at QB.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:32 am

AB is better than Grosel but neither are great. Jurk is better than both. AB can make throws that Grosel can't make and is faster, but if you watch Oregon he still has many of the same issues he had with us. He just has better talent and coaching around him now.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:53 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:AB is better than Grosel but neither are great. Jurk is better than both. AB can make throws that Grosel can't make and is faster, but if you watch Oregon he still has many of the same issues he had with us. He just has better talent and coaching around him now.

AB would’ve had that improved talent and coaching if he stayed. He’s a very good QB who has piloted his team to #3 in the country… including a win over future-HOFer HCRD and a dominating performance against Third Down Donnie Brown’s vaunted D.

As for Jurk, he’s a dicktease. In theory, he’s better than both. In production, he isn’t because he just stands on the sidelines.

BC only gets generational moments to be relevant nationally. We are pissing our latest away this year because we put all our eggs in the most fragile of baskets. Enjoy 8-5. Yippee! Better than Daz!! Rush the field against a Mizzou team that got crushed by Kentucky!!!
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:30 am

Jesus you're a miserable douche. BC wasn't winning the ACC with Brown. He's better than Grosel. You don't pass on players like Jurk because Clemson being Clemson, he's really the only one of the three that can bring this program a title.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:31 am

Plus it is laugh out loud funny you call Jurk fragile while raving about the never healthy Brown.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:30 am

im usually pro-hjs but i'm not following this agenda
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:im usually pro-hjs but i'm not following this agenda

claver2010 {l Wrote}:im usually pro-hjs but i'm not following this agenda

Agree on both points Claver.

Grosel’s job is to buy time for Jurkovec to return with the games still being meaningful.

Of course it’s going to be tough and BC has a thin margin of error. The Missouri game demonstrated that yesterday. We’re getting a cornered, wounded Tiger next weekend in Death Valley, then a very talented NC State team two weeks later. We could very well be 4-2, 0-2 after on October 17.

But let’s not make like so many of The (prior) “8 or 9 wins is the best you’re going to do at Boston College” Gregory P. Barber ‘69 and Family Head Coach(es).
Coaches like :toby who suspended key players right before playing the #1 team so they had a built-in excuse for losing. Guys who knew to ride on the backs of others but then :suicide . Longtime assistants :spaz2 who laid back trembling in fear of what the ranked opponent would do, handing over a win during game planning that week. “Dudes” auditioning for their ESPN+ color commentator retirement gigs who :blah :blah :blah to their pals and sycophants about what a great job they’re doing with such an enormous rebuild and how it’s going to be beautiful as they :whiteflag throughout the game, killing clock to be sure they don’t get blown out.

Yeah, when it comes to Hafley and most of his staff I’m a Merryman. Ironic given how insufferably optimistic the EA & EI posters & Cronan disciples have been. Of course Hafley makes mistakes. I have to think he’s considering whether he’s firm enough on guys who INITIATE extra steps to get in a late shot (both the roughing the kicker and then the (fortunately overturned) targeting call. He and Cignetti must be thinking about the first play on offense yesterday. Yet even with many of the mistakes you see the strategic intention. Supposedly it’s better to play a step too many when you’re short of ideal talent so that you “play fast”—though both those guys had time to pull up or not start the hit in the first place. And no, neither Clemson nor NC State were going to believe Grosel can drop 40-50 yard bombs on them. They can count and realize Grosel needs a LOT of space to hit a bomb.

But we all recognize no coach and s perfect. Most important, although I haven’t heard him say it, is that Hafley and his staff’s actions embrace “Ever to Excel”. They obviously don’t put a ceiling on the players in any given week. They embrace the notion of “next man up” and that the PLAYERS can beat anyone. They don’t rush to hog credit, be it before the cameras or in whispers to favored ESPN personalities. They obviously walk the walk and put in the work to take advantage of the work ethic, intelligence, or unselfishness and talent their players have.

So I’m not putting any limits on these guys. Sure, I can understand HJS’s skepticism towards Grosel AND Jurkovec. But I’d like to see what happens moving forward. It seems the players and coaches do too. They seem to appreciate each other and to be pulling in the same direction. I think that direction is to stay focused and do their best to win each week, with the longer-term goal of making the stakes high enough so that Jurkovec returns this season when he heals. Despite any brittleness we see, I think Grosel and everyone on the team recognize Grosel raises the team’s ceiling. But they’re not conceding their drive for excellence any week, and that’s wonderful to see.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:43 pm

yeah, but Harley doesn’t talk about jebus enough
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:23 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:yeah, but Harley doesn’t talk about jebus enough

...or ever...
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Plus it is laugh out loud funny you call Jurk fragile while raving about the never healthy Brown.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:50 pm

Jurk > Brown > Grosel. I’m not sure how good any of them are, but there’s a big gap from 1 to 2 to 3
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Jurk > Brown > Grosel. I’m not sure how good any of them are, but there’s a big gap from 1 to 2 to 3

Jesus when did we ask the hoops guy for an opinion.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium