Anthony Brown Transferring

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Anthony Brown Transferring

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
claver2010 wrote:he graduated and i believe did so early

He has not but may after this semester.

He did. Hear a Big10 school wants him
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:10 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:

AB has graduated. He posted something on his twitter machine. Rutgers?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:54 am

hansen wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:

AB has graduated. He posted something on his twitter machine. Rutgers?

Doubt RU. Schiano convinced their QB not to transfer (he redshirted immediately after lighting us up). Brown will have options. His numbers were good. He showed flashes. He has all the measurables and is a good person. Someone is going to believe that they can get him to be consistently good.
“Look, Joe’s not all there, everybody knows it and it’s sad when you look at it and you see it, you see it for yourself. He’s created his own sanctuary city in that basement, wherever he is, and he doesn’t come out.”
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:00 pm

There is a Mtn West coach who loves grad transfer QBs and also sees a lot in AB.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:02 pm

ATLeagle wrote:There is a Mtn West coach who loves grad transfer QBs and also sees a lot in AB.

Does said coach like to crack the rock?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Anthony Brown in the Portal

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:55 am

hansen wrote:Also, meatbaum retweets something from Tom Leyden indicating that Brown could just be covering his bases.

Confirmed.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:57 am

anthony is back running.

feldman had an article on him today:

training in atlanta with wake forest's old qb newman under qb trainer quincy avery who has worked with deshaun, haskins, fields etc.

Miami and Georgia are also recruiting Brown, who also is considering a return to Boston College now that the Eagles have a new coaching staff in place. Virginia also is in the mix for Brown too.
Boston College has a new system with new head coach Jeff Hafley coming from Ohio State and bringing in veteran NFL assistant Frank Cignetti. Their arrival has reignited Brown’s interest in a school where he graduated with a double major and is almost halfway through grad school.
The 6-2, 220-pound New Jersey native has thrown 40 touchdowns against 20 INTs in his career and made sizable improvement over his three years starting for the Eagles. In 2019 he completed a career-best 59 percent of his passes and had a 9-to-2 TD-to-INT ratio before suffering a torn left ACL at midseason, his second major knee injury at BC. The one he suffered three years ago was on his right knee, and he says it was more severe because it also involved a bone bruise.

“It is weird,” Brown says, to go through this process with so much uncertainty, “but I feel that even with all of the hindrance of my knee, whatever school decides to take a shot on me, they won’t regret it. Whatever I need to work for, I’m gonna do it.”

As if this process doesn’t have enough uncertainty in it, his recovery from a significant knee injury has probably scared off a few potential suitors. Brown is limited to throwing stationary, although he says he has begun running again. He expects to be back at 100 percent in late April and said he wouldn’t have returned to BC if there hadn’t been a coaching staff, but now it’s quite possible.

“(Hafley) has been great,” Brown says. “He’s been keeping in contact with me nonstop. He’s a great coach and definitely a great recruiter. I talk to him a lot and he’s been on top of it.”
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:08 am

claver2010 wrote:anthony is back running.

feldman had an article on him today:

training in atlanta with wake forest's old qb newman under qb trainer quincy avery who has worked with deshaun, haskins, fields etc.

Miami and Georgia are also recruiting Brown, who also is considering a return to Boston College now that the Eagles have a new coaching staff in place. Virginia also is in the mix for Brown too.
Boston College has a new system with new head coach Jeff Hafley coming from Ohio State and bringing in veteran NFL assistant Frank Cignetti. Their arrival has reignited Brown’s interest in a school where he graduated with a double major and is almost halfway through grad school.
The 6-2, 220-pound New Jersey native has thrown 40 touchdowns against 20 INTs in his career and made sizable improvement over his three years starting for the Eagles. In 2019 he completed a career-best 59 percent of his passes and had a 9-to-2 TD-to-INT ratio before suffering a torn left ACL at midseason, his second major knee injury at BC. The one he suffered three years ago was on his right knee, and he says it was more severe because it also involved a bone bruise.

“It is weird,” Brown says, to go through this process with so much uncertainty, “but I feel that even with all of the hindrance of my knee, whatever school decides to take a shot on me, they won’t regret it. Whatever I need to work for, I’m gonna do it.”

As if this process doesn’t have enough uncertainty in it, his recovery from a significant knee injury has probably scared off a few potential suitors. Brown is limited to throwing stationary, although he says he has begun running again. He expects to be back at 100 percent in late April and said he wouldn’t have returned to BC if there hadn’t been a coaching staff, but now it’s quite possible.

“(Hafley) has been great,” Brown says. “He’s been keeping in contact with me nonstop. He’s a great coach and definitely a great recruiter. I talk to him a lot and he’s been on top of it.”

Interesting that he says he was gone if old staff stayed in place
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:24 am

I'm actually surprised how few kids left under the screaming gym teacher. Dont know whether it was loyalty or Stockholm Syndrome or just smart kids that wanted to be at BC, but I dont remember a huge number of relevant guys leaving.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 pm

I think Brown is terrible but I hope he stays. Better than plans B and C. Don't want some grad transfer for a year. Would rather kill that year with a guy who actually cares about BC. Brown stinks, but the locker room likes him. He could do a ton of good for the young guys by buying in and helping the transition. And again, plans B and C stink worse or are totally unknown in the case of a grad transfer (which usually stink or they'd still have gigs - spare me the Jalen Hurt expamples. 95% of grad transfers stink.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium